• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people aren't feeling the hype. I blame the marketing for this game.

Eh, it keeps looking bad, no-one liked DA:I and Mass Effect 3 was disappointing. I can't blame anyone for forgetting about it.

I still have Origin Access and forgot about it, so I'll give it a fair shot if I get the time, but if I didn't, it'd be bargain bin for sure.

It's on Bioware to make that game look good. And they haven't.

Eh I'm with EZA on this one. Every time I put in the effort to see what ME had I left lukewarm. And Ian's take of the family stuff and all the humans kind of echoed some of my disappointment when I saw it too. Im at the point where I haven't bothered looking at the latest footage. And with Zelda, Horizon, Persona 5 and Yakuza on my plate I'm skipping it on release.

But just because they're lukewarm on it now doesn't mean they will be when it comes out. See Horizon and Dishonored 2

We've talked about it in here before

As someone who has never played Mass Effect they have shown nothing in marketing to make the game look interesting. From day one the marketing/hype has been "we're making another one. you are going to buy it because it's another one"

When the game comes out and its dope I'll be back for all of you. Also when has that EVER affected the hype generation of EZA? They aren't really about the marketing when it comes to judging a title.

When the game comes out and its dope I'll be back for all of you. Also when has that EVER affected the hype generation of EZA? They aren't really about the marketing when it comes to judging a title.
If it comes out and it's great then terrific, there's another good game in a year full of them. I don't think it will be

EZA (besides Brandon) were super skeptical of Horizon, then it came out and they loved it. They don't get blindly hyped for no reason, they judge what's released and hope for the best

And the year is so stacked with games, that other stuff might just take a bigger priority. No disrespect to ME:A, I might have bought it in a slower month but with the stacked year we've had, there are a huge list of games I'd put before it.

Servbot24

Banned
Bioware consistently makes 6/10 games. They're put together okay, they just feel completely dead to me. Playing them makes me feel cynical about games, like they're building a Twilight Zone-ish hamster cage for me or something.

I want ME:A to be awesome but I have no confidence in it. Everything I have seen has been pretty meh...

I want to be wrong and the game to be awesome but im holding out on it

Hasney

I mean, it's getting to the point where I may skip Nier and not get anything until Persona 5 now. Every time I'm not playing Zelda I'm thinking about it and I'm not ready to leave that world yet.

I'm starting to think Zelda is bad for me. Everytime I play the game I go way too late and then wake up the next day a mess for work.

I look at the time, say time to wrap things up. Decide to do my cleanup chores (turn in items, etc) and a couple more hours flash by in an instant.

It definitely happens. See Horizon and Dishonored 2 as others have said.

Ben even if that's true that's a new IP and a sequel to an unpopular game. A good one but Dishonored 1 was a single title that didn't sell all that well.

Mass Effect was one of the biggest titles from last generation and despite all three games being of a high quality, it didn't even get a mention? Not even an eh we'll see?

Maybe I'm frustrated because I feel EZA is just becoming more and more insular in its taste and ME is my favorite franchise so I'm reeling from the non-mention.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm starting to think Zelda is bad for me. Everytime I play the game I go way too late and then wake up the next day a mess for work.

I look at the time, say time to wrap things up. Decide to do my cleanup chores (turn in items, etc) and a couple more hours flash by in an instant.

This is part of why I haven't bought it tbh.

Ben even if that's true that's a new IP and a sequel to an unpopular game. A good one but Dishonored 1 was a single title that didn't sell all that well.

Mass Effect was one of the biggest titles from last generation and despite all three games being of a high quality, it didn't even get a mention? Not even an eh we'll see?

Maybe I'm frustrated because I feel EZA is just becoming more and more insular in its taste and ME is my favorite franchise so I'm reeling from the non-mention.

I don't know what there is to be upset about. Let the game come out and we'll see how it is. What more do we need to do? I get that it's your favorite franchise, but you're making assumptions that aren't true. Numerous allies have said multiple times that they enjoy Mass Effect. Just because it wasn't mentioned on a podcast doesn't mean that we're being disrespectful. Things like that tend to happen when you're discussing a bunch of topics and have to respond to what others are saying. As far our tastes becoming insular, what are you talking about? Listen to the last Frame Trap. We discuss a huge range of games.

I don't know why excitement or hesitation for a game needs to turn into aggression.

I don't know what there is to be upset about. Let the game come out and we'll see how it is. What more do we need to do? I get that it's your favorite franchise, but you're making assumptions that aren't true. As far our tastes becoming insular, what are you talking about? Listen to the last Frame Trap. We discuss a huge range of games.

I watch every pod so I know what you guys talk about. That's a perfect example look at something like your early Game of the Year awards. I don't want the allies to feign interest in games they aren't interested in but it just seems like for some games they have no chance in the discussion. How many times does a game get brought up by you or Kyle on the EZA pod and it's either crickets or Jones/Huber/etc just trying to give it a fair shake?

Listen to the last Frame Trap. We discuss a huge range of games.

Yes, I understand that and it's a strength of the pod. It's just that the interest in some of those discussions is simply low or non-existent among the panel.

It's not your fault that you guys like the games you do, it's not a criticism. It's just an unfortunate reality. I know Ian isn't going to like most games. I know Damiani just doesn't get as excited about a lot of western developed titles. It just sucks to see.

I don't feel like I should have to add a clarifier to this post but generally, I enjoy pretty much all EZA content. It's not like I hate EZA or think you should change who you are.

Just because it wasn't mentioned on a podcast doesn't mean that we're being disrespectful.

"THE DISRESPECT" is partly in jest. It's like when an ESPN analyst rattles off the names of the best athletes and they don't mention your favorite player. I don't think you went into the discussion thinking "lol Mass Effect" nor do I actually think you disrespected the franchise.

Hasney

"I only play 10s" -Hasney

play nier you fool

I will at some point dammit. I just can't have a 30 hour game you have to replay several times when I know I'll be itching for another shrine.

I mean, has there been many major outlets talking about it? There were some previews after the event and IGN got the coverage deal but everywhere else seems silent on it, mostly due to how close they held their cards to the chest and when they decided to finally decided to lay some stuff out there, everyone was already busy with something else because there's just too much out there.

I hope it is good, despite ME3 and thinking they slowly went down in what I want to play in a Bioware RPG since the first one, I kinda dug the story until the end.

Burt

I only play JRPGs based on the Avril Lavigne aesthetic

rs_1024x759-140422132355-1024.Avril-Lavigne.ms.042214.jpg

I've spent far too long trying to figure out exactly what that means

WarRock

I only play racing games that have at least one version of Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend in the soundtrack tbh

a Persona with Lavigne tracks would be right up into my alley

UrbanRats

So if Avril Lavigne is Persona 5, what does that make Chad Kroeger?

Never understood the hate for this band.
I mean it's shitty bland music, but there's like a million of these out there, many even worse (probably, i only know the one famous song) and yet they get singled out for some reason.

Never understood the hate for this band.
I mean it's shitty bland music, but there's like a million of these out there, many even worse (probably, i only know the one famous song) and yet they get singled out for some reason.
I know what you mean. Just like when everyone decided Creed was the worst band of all time

It's like yeah they suck and were way overexposed but like....there's a lot of trash out there, this isn't a special case

Burt

First of all, Nickelback has literally millions of famous songs

Second, I don't have particular feelings about Nickelback or Chad Kroger either way, but him being married to Avril sort of lobbed it over the plate

A few more posts like these in a row and we can just rename the thread Easy Avrils

UrbanRats

I know what you mean. Just like when everyone decided Creed was the worst band of all time

It's like yeah they suck and were way overexposed but like....there's a lot of trash out there, this isn't a special case
The only thing i know about that band is that they had a song in the Titan AE trailer, and as a kid i thought that trailer was awesome, lol.

Too bad the film didn't end up all that good at all.

I watch every pod so I know what you guys talk about. That's a perfect example look at something like your early Game of the Year awards. I don't want the allies to feign interest in games they aren't interested in but it just seems like for some games they have no chance in the discussion. How many times does a game get brought up by you or Kyle on the EZA pod and it's either crickets or Jones/Huber/etc just trying to give it a fair shake?

Yes, I understand that and it's a strength of the pod. It's just that the interest in some of those discussions is simply low or non-existent among the panel.

It's not your fault that you guys like the games you do, it's not a criticism. It's just an unfortunate reality. I know Ian isn't going to like most games. I know Damiani just doesn't get as excited about a lot of western developed titles. It just sucks to see.

I don't feel like I should have to add a clarifier to this post but generally, I enjoy pretty much all EZA content. It's not like I hate EZA or think you should change who you are.

"THE DISRESPECT" is partly in jest. It's like when an ESPN analyst rattles off the names of the best athletes and they don't mention your favorite player. I don't think you went into the discussion thinking "lol Mass Effect" nor do I actually think you disrespected the franchise.
Watch todays talking syndrome for some ME chatter. Unless it was you that got it going. Haha

cm osi

the marketing means every video published, and if you're gonna make a public video about your game you gotta pick the best stuff you have. and every video they made has some hilariously bad things. the dead eye stare in the last one? the punch whiff? the gun steal? they even said it was a bug in the animation, and it wasn't. how can we hype ourselves if they don't show exciting things? i mean take a look at what square showed with automata

the marketing means every video published, and if you're gonna make a public video about your game you gotta pick the best stuff you have. and every video they made has some hilariously bad things. the dead eye stare in the last one? the punch whiff? the gun steal? they even said it was a bug in the animation, and it wasn't. how can we hype ourselves if they don't show exciting things? i mean take a look at what square showed with automata

I disagree. Every Initiative video was been great. The combat video was awesome. Multiple gameplay videos have gotten me hype. If an animation bug is enough to dehype and doubt the quality of the game then it never stood a chance in the first place.

Visceir

I'm mainly bummed that they were all "a whole new galaxy, we can let our imagination go wild!" and then everything they've shown looks like the same old thing with just a new layer of paint on it, it honestly feels like a B-team effort.

Everything Bioware does feels so by the numbers and they seem to be repeating the same formula over and over again...except they get worse at it with each new game.

I'd be glad if the game managed to surprise and we'd have another top tier Bioware game on our hands though.

Auctopus

I was never really in to Mass Effect but seeing as we're talking about it. My main issue/worry that they still haven't really detailed is that the open-world blueprint is might be the same as Inquisition.

I can see instead of the War Room table from Inquisition, you have a galaxy map and instead of regions, you have planets. The Inquisition theme-park design became so poor after the first few hours, in my opinion. Of course, this is all assumptions but I've seen a few interviews where they completely sidestep the question.

I hope they turn down the group chatter though. In the demo, there wasn't a point where either you or your teammates weren't speaking. Completely removed any atmosphere or mystery and became pretty tedious when your teammates would re-explain what you just saw and where to go next.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games of last generation and I think the marketing for Mass Effect Andromeda has been terrible.

There is 0 excitement from me. The only reason I have interest is because I thought ME2 was so good, not because of any marketing material they have released.

God every time I see the name "Fire Emblem Heroes" I think it's the Warriors game. Saw the email for the review and was really confused

Nasbin

It definitely happens. See Horizon and Dishonored 2 as others have said.

Looking back, I don't quite understand where the skepticism for Horizon came from tbh. That game had the best actual showing of any game at both of Sony's E3 '15/'16 conferences when you looked past the hype of the dream announcements. A cool new IP. Unbelievable graphics. Full, representative gameplay demos. The marketing was on point I thought, people just didn't want to believe Guerilla could make a great game.

Now, contrast that with the bizarre concept art slideshow presentations Mass Effect received at both of EA's last two press conferences and I understand the skepticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom