• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naythan

The last couple of days sure have been fun, huh? What with all the manbabies throwing hissy fits over Jim Sterling's Zelda score and Colin Moriarty finally fucking off.

Anywho, how's the Zelda soundtrack? Alongside all the great games that've come out over the last few months, I've been impressed by the quality of the soundtracks too. NieR's soundtrack is freaking amazing but Gravity Rush 2 and Horizon's are fantastic as well. I still need to check out the RE7 soundtrack because I never really paid attention to it during the game but I do love Go Tell Aunt Rhody.

It's a little subtle for most people's tastes but the Hateno Village music is already iconic to me. Relaxes me in a similar way to Team Ico soundtracks.

Hasney

It's a little subtle for most people's tastes but the Hateno Village music is already iconic to me. Relaxes me in a similar way to Team Ico soundtracks.

Yeah, the music works perfectly for the game itself, but because it's so good you do just want to best more of it.

Auctopus

I'm sitting in Vancouver airport waiting for my flight home and they've been playing this mix for the last 20 minutes which is pretty much a mash-up of Gran Turismo and Persona 5 music (not literally).

I'm expecting any moment for "WAKE UP. GET UP!"

Hasney

I've not listened to the P5 soundtrack outside of the trailers. Since I loved P3 and P4 (and #FE) music so much, I want to listent to it as I play for the first time.

The last couple of days sure have been fun, huh? What with all the manbabies throwing hissy fits over Jim Sterling's Zelda score and Colin Moriarty finally fucking off.

Anywho, how's the Zelda soundtrack? Alongside all the great games that've come out over the last few months, I've been impressed by the quality of the soundtracks too. NieR's soundtrack is freaking amazing but Gravity Rush 2 and Horizon's are fantastic as well. I still need to check out the RE7 soundtrack because I never really paid attention to it during the game but I do love Go Tell Aunt Rhody.

It's really minimalistic and there just isn't enough of it. When it's there, it's mostly great. But I've always been the sort of person that prefers the way sound is used in games like Horizon/Nier/Witcher, which just immerses me far more.

Yeah I usually don't like listening to music before I play a game

I want the first time I hear a track to be associated with whatever I'm feeling in the moment

People have their favorites but when She Swallowed Burning Coals kicks in in Hotline Miami 2's chapter 21...........the greatest "get ready to fucking kill everything" moment. Comparatively it's not the best "song" on the soundtrack but nothing comes close

Retro Game Session #4 voting is up

Super Mario World
Super Mario 3
Super Mario 64

Please do the right thing. Please vote Super Mario 3 <3

farisr

"ohhh nooo shuei.. you said the word, now you are in a frame trap"

BTW... whatever happened with the frame trap mechanic???
I think Ben said that he's not going to do it in every single episode anymore and that it may show up from time to time.

Auctopus

Just read the last page, discussing the contents of a review/review score in anticipation of its actual release is weird, haha.

farisr

Seeing this episode again after becoming familiar with the allies makes it even better. I'm gonna rewatch them all. Now I have my "what should I put on, I only have 10-15 minutes" show for quite a while.

Down the rabbit hole I go:
tfba0ui8.jpg

I know there's stuff in there that's not final bosman, I just did it to so I wouldn't have to start every filename with a date if I wanted them to be arranged by chronological order

this week's streaming schedule is shaping up to be a great week
- Gundam building stream! Best stream in the biz. Great to have on while playing Zelda
- new dumb game Monday game
- new Jones full playthrough game.
- huber streaming wild lands.
- double dose of ben streams
- tournament group stream

Top tier content baby!

Pygrus

I've been watching a lot of old GT stuff. I'm sad I wasn't watching more GT stuff back in those days. Only thing I remember are watching the retrospectives.

I'm glad to be a patron now, but wish I was watching the older stuff when it was relevant.

Seeing this episode again after becoming familiar with the allies makes it even better. I'm gonna rewatch them all. Now I have my "what should I put on, I only have 10-15 minutes" show for quite a while.

Down the rabbit hole I go:
tfba0ui8.jpg

I know there's stuff in there that's not final bosman, I just did it to so I wouldn't have to start every filename with a date if I wanted them to be arranged by chronological order

I really liked that last one about controllers. I kind of wish they'd do a spiritual follow up.

The lengthy script is largely done. Waiting on peer script edits as well as the video edit. It's kind of a madhouse right now though with everything going on (anniversary, multiple reviews, tons of shoots, special projects), so I can't give a specific time. But yeah, everyone at EZA has a full plate at the moment.

Philippo

The lengthy script is largely done. Waiting on peer script edits as well as the video edit. It's kind of a madhouse right now though with everything going on (anniversary, multiple reviews, tons of shoots, special projects), so I can't give a specific time. But yeah, everyone at EZA has a full plate at the moment.

Yeah, Q1 has been the craziest (and busiest) ride ever for the whole world probably lol

sora87

- Gundam building stream! Best stream in the biz. Great to have on while playing Zelda

Top tier content baby!

Please let the new jones full playthrough be FF6. It's time. We've waited long enough.

I would watch the shit out of a Jones FF6 full playthrough.

I never finished that game and never will. The grind crushed me. Watching is the next best thing!
I farmed economizers which is a rare accessory drop from one monster that when equipped makes all magic cost one mp. Then taught everyone Ultima. I became the most broken OP party ever

ShadyK54

Bought & have been digging into Horizon Zero Dawn (really loving it so far), I might be getting a Switch + Zelda Wednesday, Persona 5 in a few weeks...

I love video games, guys.

Top tier content baby!

Lots of good streams this week! Can't wait for Gundam & the tournament, in particular.

Bought & have been digging into Horizon Zero Dawn (really loving it so far), I might be getting a Switch + Zelda Wednesday, Persona 5 in a few weeks...

I love video games, guys.

Lots of good streams this week! Can't wait for Gundam & the tournament, in particular.

Horizon just gets better and better (especially story wise). BotW is pretty good too, though it's not really meeting my high expectations for it unfortunately (though the Switch itself is exceeding them). Ah well, like you said, Persona 5 in a few weeks.

ShadyK54

Horizon just gets better and better (especially story wise). BotW is pretty good too, though it's not really meeting my high expectations for it unfortunately (though the Switch itself is exceeding them). Ah well, like you said, Persona 5 in a few weeks.

Good to hear! I'm already really invested so far
(I'm barely at The Proving section)
so it's good to know it can only go up from there.

Karu

Colin leaving KF bums me out to no end, if EZA hadn't happen after GTs closure I dunno what I would do now lol. So... really glad the Allies exist, I guess!

Colin leaving KF bums me out to no end, if EZA hadn't happen after GTs closure I dunno what I would do now lol. So... really glad the Allies exist, I guess!

I think it's for the best for everybody involved that he moved on. Seems like his heart hasn't been in it for a while, and his politics became a bit of a distraction from the work.

I'll always have great memories of Colin, Greg and Clements on Beyond. It was the first podcast I really got into and I was obsessed.

I personally feel KF will get a lot more boring than it already is without Colin...

EZA was always better anyway <3

(Please do another GoldenEye stream)

Good to hear! I'm already really invested so far
(I'm barely at The Proving section)
so it's good to know it can only go up from there.

Oh boy, it really goes places. The story is smart and one of the best, especially given that it's a new IP. I suggest doing most of the side stuff you want to do as you progress as there are parts of the story that just hook you and will make you want to power through the main quest.

Why? Dude acted like a douche on Twitter all the time and had a super toxic fanbase. He'll go off and make money with all the other Ayn Rand fantasy land clowns.

In other news, this kind of blatant promotion seems kinda gross to me:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1352308

I'm sure there were good intentions behind it and we all want to see them do well but this kind of stuff doesn't come off or reflect well.

Why? Dude acted like a douche on Twitter all the time and had a super toxic fanbase. He'll go off and make money with all the other Ayn Rand fantasy land clowns.

I'm sure there were good intentions behind it and we all want to see them do well but this kind of stuff doesn't come off or reflect well.

Yea, a more general, comparison less thread would've been a better idea.

Yeah, it seems kind of hammy but whatever. I'd imagine 99% of Neogaf is already aware of eza.

Karu

I don't care about his fanbase. I thought his content was entertaining. His politics are mostly garbage, but I have no problems with that. Made their podcasts way more interesting imho. I do have a problem with his Twitter, because the least I expect from fellow humans is to be decent and respectful and his lack of comedic sensibilities and trollish behaviour ran counter to that. But... my use of Twitter gone down rapidly either way, so I wasn't much exposed to that.

Maybe we leave it at that, as there are other topics for that topic or you can pm me, whatever, just had that thought and wanted to express my relief for having Easy Allies as an outlet within the videogame space! =)

Yea I don't like it being that blatant.

In other news. In the home stretch of Zelda. Down to the last main quest item. Might do some doodling of other side quests and whatnot but I'll wrap it up soon. Still feeling like a 4.5/5 to me. And for some reasons that damiani briefly touched on a bit but I haven't seen mentioned a whole lot. I'll spoiler tag it to be safe

I think BOTW has the weakest set of dungeons in a 3D Zelda game that I've run across.

Burt

I had to bail on the Tail of the Sun stream early, but nothing but love and respect for Bosman actually buying into a game that looks like the first tech demo any console developer ever did in 3D combined with all the early access survival games that devs still can't manage to get playable today.

Karu

Just checked up on Patreon posts I missed and that tournament vote... Voted for the draft choice myself, clearly the best choice. Poll's way too close for my tastes though, haha.

Pappasman

In other news. In the home stretch of Zelda. Down to the last main quest item. Might do some doodling of other side quests and whatnot but I'll wrap it up soon. Still feeling like a 4.5/5 to me. And for some reasons that damiani briefly touched on a bit but I haven't seen mentioned a whole lot. I'll spoiler tag it to be safe

I think BOTW has the weakest set of dungeons in a 3D Zelda game that I've run across.
I would struggle to even classify them as dungeons tbh. They are just "special" shrines. This game has no dungeons imo.

Hasney

That's why I like it so much. I'd hate a full Zelda dungeon in this because I don't want to spend too long out of the world. Just give me some puzzles and a boss fight and I'm in there

Mista Koo

Tail of the Sun is better than Breath of the Wild. Link doesn't have to sleep, totally breaks the immersion.

Zelda:
I haven't done any dungeons yet but I like the shrines. I feel like I'm progressing way too slowly since I've already played 16+ hours but only been to the first two villages and done ~4 towers.

It is gross. Even special threads that should exist always have the Patreon link which makes it look like they were done by marketing people not fans. I would most likely be turned off by them if I wasn't already a fan. Let the work speak for itself, there are links to their Patreon in every video they produce.

Related: the antagonism from EZA fans towards Kinda Funny is unhealthy. There is a non-trivial overlap between the fan bases and the allies have a friendly relationship with KF. Calling out terrible behavior is good, unnecessary antagonism is bad.

Mikey Jr.

They officially at 5901 patrons! Woohoo!

Doubt they'll crack 6000 this month, but I can totally see them cracking it for April.

Servbot24

Banned

Errrrgghhh that feels really icky to take advantage of the tough time KF is having :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom