• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneefoil

Strange thing about the muting is that the VoD page doesn't show a notification about parts of the video being muted, nor is the seek bar red where the VoD is muted like it should be.

Auctopus

Oblivion was a such a hit in Japan that Sony wanted a similar game on their console and hired a little company called FromSoftware to make them an Elder Scrolls exclusively for PS3. (they of course famously botched it with Miyazaki stepping into rescue the project and turned it into Demon's Souls).

Gonna need a source on that.

Chuck

Still without luck
Is this seriously a silent reaction video?

Absolutely awful. They didn't record the audio and video separate from the stream?

Burt

Man, Kyle really ticked me off in the Switch stream.

"Skyrim sucks to a Japanese audience, they don't care"

Jeez, have you ever heard such a bullshit stereotypical thing? Oblivion was a such a hit in Japan that Sony wanted a similar game on their console and hired a little company called FromSoftware to make them an Elder Scrolls exclusively for PS3. (they of course famously botched it with Miyazaki stepping into rescue the project and turned it into Demon's Souls).
But the series is popular there, same with Fallout.

Eh, I feel like there's a middle ground here:

For a foreign game, heck for a domestic game, Skyrim posted an impressive entry in the Japanese sales charts, debuting at number four and selling 75,865 copies. That's the PS3 version. The Xbox 360 version sold another 37,037 copies.

Coming in at third on the sales chart was Super Mario 3D Land at 89,743 copies, Mario Kart 7 at 183,834 copies, and Monster Hunter 3G at 521,959 copies. Skyrim is in good company.

1. Monster Strike (3DS) – 425,268
2. Monster Hunter X (3DS) – 159,806 (2,267,916)
3. Fallout 4 (PS4) – 121,099
4. Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team/White Dog Squad (3DS) – 99,190 (1,860,532)

They clearly like it and Fallout, but the point of the comment, that Skyrim is way down on the list of properties you'd want as your opening push to appeal to a Japanese audience, isn't without merit. Especially with Skyrim in 2016.

Szeth

Glad I watched the twitch archive early when there was sound. God copyright shit is such a joke. I wonder if they can get it removed if they contact twitch.

Kneefoil

They didn't record the audio and video separate from the stream?

No, they don't do that.
Most of the GT streams just weren't saved in any permanent format. Past broadcasts get wiped after a month or so. Highlights are preserved indefinitely.

As far as backing up locally, that's up to each person. Pretty sure no one's downloading streams though. That would chew through hard drive space.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Any video producer should know better. Very amateurish.

I've found a lot of the video stuff on streams incredibly amateurish and lazy. Playing Youtube videos of their own content during the anniversary stream rather than downloading sources and thus not having ads come out of nowhere was peak shit. I'd expect this from a group of new 20 somethings, but not people that have worked in the video content industry for years.

What exactly has knocked out the NX stream audio? Playing the stupid Pika song over and over again or something else?

The new camera manages to be worse than the old one as well.

Kneefoil

What exactly has knocked out the NX stream audio? Playing the stupid Pika song over and over again or something else?

It's probably the song used in the Switch reveal trailer. Audio is fine at the beginning of the stream, but mutes little before the crew starts watching the video, and I don't think they played any music of their own after switching from the "stream starting soon" screen to the couch cam.

Shame the audio got removed but there's still almost an hour of reactions after the initial viewing of the trailer so the video isn't completely pointless.

Gonna need a source on that.

It's quite famous...
http://www.4gamer.net/games/260/G026038/20140611091/index_2.html

宮崎氏:
 はい。当時は「The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion」が凄く大きな存在で,SCEさん側の意向として,ああいうゲームが望まれていたのだと思います。
 でも私としては,「The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion」と同じアプローチで勝負するのはかなり厳しいと考えていて,もっとバトルやマップ探索のゲーム性を重視したものにしたいということで,固定客観視点を採用すべく色々とやった思い出があります。

Mr. Miyazaki:
Yes. At that time, "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" was really a big presence and the intention of SCE was a game similar to that..
But for me, to try and compete on the same level as the "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion" is quite tough. I wanted emphasis of the game to be more on the battles and map exploration with a third person perspective.

Chuck

Still without luck
It's probably the song used in the Switch reveal trailer. Audio is fine at the beginning of the stream, but mutes little before the crew starts watching the video, and I don't think they played any music of their own after switching from the "stream starting soon" screen to the couch cam.
The play the trailer again later in the video and it isn't muted.

It's substantially more complicated to do a double recording setup, chill out fellas.

BUT! Any chance a watching ally was recording the stream on the viewer end? Might make sense in the context of these big events where copyright goes wrong...

Man if the release date holds for RDR you'll have a Persona 5 vs Red dead redemption 2 vs Zelda battle between Ben, Jones, and Damiani for GOTY. That could get fierce.

Started up the reveal stream:

lol, camera is blurry as hell. Ian, we need you bruh

Muting is annoying, but the discussion afterwards is what I wanted, and that is unencumbered. So we're cool, twitch.
This time.

I bet battery life will be shit, I'm betting on 3 hours game time tops, but as a passenger in a car or train or flight, there's always plug sockets these days.

The tablet is thick enough to accommodate a substantial battery, but that depends on whether they cheap out or not.

Kneefoil

The play the trailer again later in the video and it isn't muted.
So what? These videos are being flagged by bots, and the guys were saying different things at different parts of the video, at different volumes. The bot just couldn't recognise the song the second time because of their vocal interference.

Hasney

It's substantially more complicated to do a double recording setup, chill out fellas.

Its really not. Using XSplit, you can just tick a local recording box and away it goes. I usually keep the videos for a couple of weeks just in case. Hell, using http://restream.io I even stream on multiple services at once, which could be used and not promoted to do a backup on other sites.

Shame the audio got removed but there's still almost an hour of reactions after the initial viewing of the trailer so the video isn't completely pointless.

Imagine if their reactions to the E3 2015 reveals were muted, because of shit like this, and there was no backup or anything. Just think about that. "Sorry, Twitch muted the audio" is not going to cut it.

I know I'm going to sound like an entitled asshole, but I'm still pissed. This is just unacceptable. I understand that this copyright nonsense is not in their control, but I wish they'd at least properly record and archive their streams for significant reveals like this.

I watched that the other day for the first time. It's weird seeing one of the Easy Allies being genuinely agitated, borderline hostile, to another.

I still remember the first time seeing Huber truly agitated (well, as agitated as Huber can be) by Bosman and co. during his RE4 playthrough stream and they still joke about it a year later.

Auctopus

I don't think the podcast or the "Does anybody have any quarters?" contain genuine agitation, unless you're very easily offended.

I still remember the first time seeing Huber truly agitated (well, as agitated as Huber can be) by Bosman and co. during his RE4 playthrough stream and they still joke about it a year later.

You're going to have to elaborate on that please. I demand links and explanations. I need to see a side of Huber I've never seen before.

I don't think the podcast or the "Does anybody have any quarters?" contain genuine agitation, unless you're very easily offended.

I don't know what "easily offended" has to do with anything. I'm used to the guys busting each other's balls now and then, especially when Bosman is involved, but based on his tone and body language, Brad does come across as legitimately annoyed in that clip. If that's an act then it's a very good one.

Miyazaki's talking about the worldwide market, not Japan. Oblivion did decently in Japan (70k on 360, 50k on PS3) but a hit or big presence? No.

The muting during the Switch reveal was pretty frustrating but otherwise I thought both reveal streams were pretty good.

Gotta say, while the Switch is exactly what I wanted from Nintendo, that's one a terrible name. Maybe it'll grow on me but right now I seem to blank every time I try to think of it.

You're going to have to elaborate on that please. I demand links and explanations. I need to see a side of Huber I've never seen before.

Huber is playing one of the harder parts of RE4 and is all stone faced while Kyle and Brad are making their terrible Adam Sandler impressions on the backround. Kyle says the ''Does anybody have any quarters?'' line that became an inside joke for them later and Huber replies something like ''You are not helping Kyle!'' all serious. They immediately laugh about it afterwards but it was such a funny little moment comparing to the hours and hours of stream before it where Huber isn't rattled by anything.

cm osi

i dunno, i expected mixed reactions from the ezas, but it seems the switch reveal was positive for them. for me, i'm not in. which is different than "i'm out"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQg09fTjmTA

it doesn't look like the switch in "console form" will be a "bonafide beefcake" since nintendo said the dock does nothing. oh well

Budi

I watched that the other day for the first time. It's weird seeing one of the Easy Allies being genuinely agitated, borderline hostile, to another.

I guess you have never watched them playing D&D? Especially in GT days. I thought there was quite a bit drama, but to me it's all part of the show. It's them being themselves, I don't think it's uncommon or significant that even friends can snap at each other sometime. Even more when they work together. With EZA they don't spend as much time together than in GT days though, since they don't share an office. But it's all good, it's allright to show emotions.

Really unfortunate that the NX reveal stream was partly muted, I watched it live on Twitch though. But let's all remember that they don't owe us to record their streams separately besides twitch archive, reaction streaming itself isn't even on their Patreon promises. I can understand people criticizing when something promised isn't met. But this reaction stream was just a bonus. I'm glad they got together. And it's okay to be bummed if you missed it because of the muting, but let's not get angry when they made the effort to group stream on a quite short notice even. And it was what, 7 minutes in a hour long video that's missing?

i dunno, i expected mixed reactions from the ezas, but it seems the switch reveal was positive for them. for me, i'm not in. which is different than "i'm out"

it doesn't look like the switch in "console form" will be a "bonafide beefcake" since nintendo said the dock does nothing. oh well

It's a very sleak looking machine but they need to show the games for me to ''get hyped''. That said I fully recognize this reveal wasn't for that.

If there is indeed truth that we won't see any big game reveals for the system this year it would be pretty lame. Mario looks good from what little they show but there isn't much to see exactly. Like they said, is that town just a backdrop for something linear or is it more open design (I'm fine with either approach as long as it's good).

I'm also not too bothered about the lack of horsepower. If I get one it isn't to replace my PS4 or PC, it's to replace my Vita assuming the game releases dry out next year while NS hits the pedal. I've been done with my 3DS for years already and at least this time I see the hardware not feeling ancient after a few years, thank god.

Here's a link. Timestamp should be at 6:27:12. It starts a bit early just to give you the context of the stress Huber's under before Brad and Kyle quietly start up the Sandler voices

Thanks a lot. That was positively tame in comparison to Brad losing his rag with Kyle on the subject of favourite animals.

Still really funny though. Kyle does a mean Little Nicky.

sora87

I guess you have never watched them playing D&D? Especially in GT days. I thought there was quite a bit drama, but to me it's all part of the show. It's them being themselves

Getting a bit.. lippy!

Ian and Ben had some great moments during TTA.

Hasney

The promise of bringing together Nintendos console and handheld development teams and releasing it all on one platform is a good enough prospect for me.

Althought the dock itself does nothing, there is a fan/exhaust port on the console which you won't want to be running on a handheld, so I'm currently going along with the theory others have said where it has lower clocks to push 720p on a handheld and keep things cool and quiet, then brings up the frambuffer and clocks everything up to hit 1080p.

They've designed handhelds for ages. If there's a fan on when being used, it's kind of a dealbreaker and I'm hoping they're not that stupid.

Mista Koo

Oh man, this just popped up in my Youtube recommended videos

One of the best (dumbest) GT Time moments
Huh, there is some truth there. I think Brad stands out the least between the allies. He's essentially the group's Kakyoin.
Es tut mir leid.

To be fair people have asked before but that link was only tweeted yesterday.

Kneefoil

To be fair people have asked before but that link was only tweeted yesterday.
Of course it was only tweeted yesterday. I asked FantomenK for the song on Twitter only yesterday because people here kept looking for it. Unless you meant that other people had already asked that from him on Twitter, but he hadn't shared the link. That'd be odd, though - I don't know why he'd give the link to me, but not to someone else.

Its really not. Using XSplit, you can just tick a local recording box and away it goes. I usually keep the videos for a couple of weeks just in case. Hell, using http://restream.io I even stream on multiple services at once, which could be used and not promoted to do a backup on other sites.
Well, I stand corrected then. Though in my defense, I was thinking more of the common case (in which case you'd need a dedicated backup solution, which might be easy for some of us but not everybody). For special events they should probably look into it.

Boy, the Fiasconauts teaser is really nice, but I have no idea what they're covering in it. Is it super bad games? Messed up development stories (I think it might be this?)? It's super hard to get a feel about what this could be, since the actual content in the teaser is nothing like the final product, as far as the EZa audience knows.

As for the lack of local recordings of streams, that's just terrible, especially since they know from experience that Twitch loves to mute stuff. If a group that has proclaimed its technical incompetence many times, like the Super Best Friends, can do it, it's easily within the Allies power to do it.

J-Skee

Boy, the Fiasconauts teaser is really nice, but I have no idea what they're covering in it. Is it super bad games? Messed up development stories (I think it might be this?)? It's super hard to get a feel about what this could be, since the actual content in the teaser is nothing like the final product, as far as the EZa audience knows.

As for the lack of local recordings of streams, that's just terrible, especially since they know from experience that Twitch loves to mute stuff. If a group that has proclaimed its technical incompetence many times, like the Super Best Friends, can do it, it's easily within the Allies power to do it.

From reading the description, it's a tabletop series where they play Fiasco. I've never heard of it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom