• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

See my post from last page, but I thought they did a pretty decent job of bringing up the relevant points despite the general spec-illiteracy.

Maybe the solution is to just talk about it briefly and take it very generally, not getting tangled up on memory and teraflops talk.
Also, did they record the podcast before the adaptive refresh rate news? I think that's the most interesting part of it all.

ShadyK54

Under the one about Ian knowing nothing about PC-Hardware, there's one that says "Glad I didn't have to post 'Ian is horrible' post this week". Like, how little do you have going on that you feel the need to tell this person each week that you don't like them?

Yeah, that one was a particular downer. It's like cmon, just don't watch if you feel that strongly or something.

WarRock

Hearing them talk about Scorpio specs is painful, damn.
Gotta skip it.

I like Ian, but i think they should just avoid talking specs in general.
It's always really just pointless and grating to hear every time, not their fault, you can't be knowledgeable about everything, but you shouldn't spend 20 minutes on a subject you have no clue about (nor any interest in).
So, you don't like waffles.

Hasney

Group stream vote is up. Puyo Puyo Tetris, Disney NES Collection and Wonderboy. Am going to buy the latter day 1 if they run well, but PPTetris is 4 player multiplayer, so had to go with that for entertainment.

N° 2048

So I tried something different with Persona 5....not go into the OT and wow it's crazy how much more I can enjoy a game...

random thought...might do this more....

So I tried something different with Persona 5....not go into the OT and wow it's crazy how much more I can enjoy a game...

The OT amazed with me how many casually dropped non-tagged spoilers. I'd avoid it.

Great review for P5. The game has it's problems with it's plot later on, it's laughable villain, and those two crappy dungeons. The overall product quality is so high that it makes it a bit easier to forgive those issues.

Persona 6 will be something else..

Hasney

I generally do this for most single player games and pop in to talk when I'm done.

The OT amazed with me how many casually dropped non-tagged spoilers. I'd avoid it.

Great review for P5. The game has it's problems with it's plot later on, it's laughable villain, and those two crappy dungeons. The overall product quality is so high that it makes it a bit easier to forgive those issues.

Persona 6 will be something else..

Weird, I found the end part of the game story wise to be much more engaging.

Auctopus

Didn't they do that? Kyle brought up to the panel the impact of having DF make this announcement and the panel discussed it.
Did I brain fart and mix it up with another podcast?(I listen to so many it's possible).

I don't know if you're being sarcastic at the end there but I'm not saying they didn't do that, I was saying they should leave it at that. Again, this is me putting myself in the shoes of someone who actually did find it frustrating.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
In principle because of the whole streaming thing. Don't want to make it a big deal about it or be on a high horse or anything but it does make me sad considering how good the game looks.

I think voting with your wallet what you stand for is always good. That said if you still want to play it there is always the option to get the game used that has basically the same effect. I did the same thing for P4A because it was region locked.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic at the end there but I'm not saying they didn't do that, I was saying they should leave it at that. Again, this is me putting myself in the shoes of someone who actually did find it frustrating.

Nah I was genuine. I listen to quite a number of podcasts often even to help me sleep so sometimes I'm not a 100% attentive to them. This can lead the association for what is being said and where it was said becoming rather blurry for me. I was like 70% sure they talked about it on EZA but not a 100%. Aye also seems like I misread what you wrote thus creating doubts if I was misremembering. My bad, sorry!

Auctopus

Nah I was genuine. I listen to quite a number of podcasts often even to help me sleep so sometimes I'm not a 100% attentive to them. This can lead the association for what is being said and where it was said becoming rather blurry for me. I was like 70% sure they talked about it on EZA but not a 100%. Aye also seems like I misread what you wrote thus creating doubts if I was misremembering. My bad, sorry!

No worries, I was a little over-defensive. For what it's worth, I think avoiding getting in to tech numbers etc. would just improve the pace of the podcast in general instead of members getting mired down in technical specifities. L&R.

munchie64

I think voting with your wallet what you stand for is always good. That said if you still want to play it there is always the option to get the game used that has basically the same effect. I did the same thing for P4A because it was region locked.
You're right, I'll probably end up doing just that near the end of the year.

emb

Yeah, I'm finding that more and more. Even stuff that could never quality as spoilers, like level themes or puzzle concepts are still things I'd rather find for myself. It's tough to avoid OTs for games I'm excited for though when I'm stuck at a computer through most of each weekday.

Auctopus

I highly advise dodging the Console Screenshot Thread if you ever go there. That place is a spoiler melting pot that doesn't use spoiler tags.

In principle because of the whole streaming thing. Don't want to make it a big deal about it or be on a high horse or anything but it does make me sad considering how good the game looks.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm debating doing the same thing.

Not a huge sacrifice in my case because there are so many games I want to play, and I spend comparatively little time actually playing them. So skipping a (great) massively long RPG might be considered prudence rather than principle.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For the Allies who are disneyland / world fans, A quick question.

How long would I need to enjoy disneyworld (also universal studios) in florida? I will be heading to the US for the first time in August and I got told that I have to drop by and check it out.

Currently trying to plan my trip and this suggestion has now been wedged in there.

Anaithsol

Neo Member

How long would I need to enjoy disneyworld (also universal studios) in florida? I will be heading to the US for the first time in August and I got told that I have to drop by and check it out.

Currently trying to plan my trip and this suggestion has now been wedged in there.

If you wish to experience all of the theme parks there in their entirety or near to it, I would recommend a week stay at the very least. I don't know your budget accommodations, but I would also recommend staying on property for the best overall experience when it comes to Walt Disney World.

It just dawned on me we'll be getting s TTE side story this week right? While watching Huber's baseball stream they all were showing up st Jones place to film Frametrap and TTE. But 1) they're starting much later and more importantly I'm pretty sure Kyle is out of town this weekend (thus the cancelled Tetris stream)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Disney World isn't really a thing you "wedge in" unless you happen to be staying right in central Florida to begin with and know you're going to have a couple down days of nothing that you need to fill up.

I am buried in games and not playing any of them, but boy I'm hyped for that Disney collection friends

Haven't played any of em and they look so crisp!!

GAF OTs are where I go to realize that I did not actually enjoy whatever game I just played like I originally believed because nobody could possibly enjoy said game.

Ultimadrago

I think the Persona 5 review was solid. The game has problems with how the stealth mechanic clashes with the "Run into these narrow corridors with JRPG mobs" setup and the handling of certain scenes still reeks of the same immaturity I hate to see in high school JRPGs which prevents me from sticking a "Masterful" on it personally, but overall it's the strongest entry in the series yet. I certainly find the 5 Stars here at least easier to digest than Final Fantasy XV's 4.5.

Yep. Did the same for Zelda. No Twitter, Chats and/or GAF OT for news or reactions. I honestly can't believe how well it has worked out in preventing unnecessary spoilers being blurted out or overwhelmingly (to the point of dishonest) praise/hype flooding my screen.

Nasbin

There is definitely something to be said for the value of avoiding The Conversation when it comes to single player games. Spoiler threads are usually decent but I don't bother with OTs anymore.

There is definitely something to be said for the value of avoiding The Conversation when it comes to single player games. Spoiler threads are usually decent but I don't bother with OTs anymore.

Yea, I like to hop in after I finish a game but before hand? It's a mine field. I think I've gone into the Zelda OT like maybe twice. Horizon's wasn't too bad early on with spoiler talk. P5's OT has been a mess though.

mishakoz

Either do one day in the Magic Kingdom if you want to wedge it in, or you'll have to devote at least 3 days.

1) magic kingdom only. I will take the whole day. See the fireworks and the parade
2) magic kingdom in the morning, Epcot at night
3) animal kingdom in the morning, Hollywood studios at night

If you have more time i can make other suggestions. I would suggest a cheap room in the contemporary resort main building as it gives you the best access to magic kingdom.

Great video once again. Even as a EZA junkie where I've seen all this stuff before it's awesome to get these revisits again in condensed form. Huber was a riot in those clips

Also that start. Man..that Monday. I still remember that stream, and it's always good to reflect sometimes to really appreciate how far things have come in a little over a year. And their patron and funding numbers keep climbing!

It seemed to me that when they first announced it they were eyeing VR, but I don't know if (1) that was ever actually true, (2) if it would still be true, given how lethargic the VR market has been. Could easily see the Scorpio's specs as a hedge against VR, "well, we're doing a refresh anyway and better make it powerful enough to drive VR if we need to do that", and now they're just left with this beefy thing they aren't sure what to do with. But that's obviously pure speculation.

They definitely seemed to be eyeing Oculus, because they had a pretty good relationship with them (two E3 appearances, Xbox controller bundled with headsets, etc). But like I said before, based on the minimum specs (AMD FX4350), the Scorpio isn't beefy enough to support the Oculus Rift properly.

They do have those Windows 10 branded headsets coming but I dunno if they're any good or will be shipping any time soon.

So yeah, combine those with the relatively weak reception VR's received so far and I wouldn't be surprised if the Scorpio's VR support faded away into the distant background.

Man, Ian just refuses to give MS a break, haha. It felt like he was exceedingly dismissive of the company's approach during that podcast segment in addition to fishing for an excuse to call Digital Foundry bias because they said they were so impressed by the Scorpio stats.

I know the Xbox campfire doesn't burn that brightly at EZA at the moment but it's always good to be supportive of companies trying new things.

That wasn't my take when I watched it but EZA were far more negative on the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio is the same basic idea, not really a "new thing", so it wouldn't be that unexpected.

As for Digital Foundry, they're absurdly positive about any new hardware they get their hands on (including the PS4 Pro last year), especially if they have an exclusive. I remember them getting an exclusive interview with Microsoft's engineers before the Xbone launched and they let MS run all over them with PR nonsense. "Xbox One is the most balanced console" and so on.

taco543

Yeah I usually post ASAP after OT is posted and then comeback after to talk, but I went in saw a post that spoiled palace 4 and it was untagged so I noped out of there so fast.

abrack08

Honestly, I almost always end up regretting going into OTs for games I'm currently playing. Whether it's legit spoilers, small things I'd have rather discovered myself, or just overall bad vibes. Happens every time. I've mostly stayed out for Zelda, NieR, and Persona, and I think my enjoyment has increased because of it (also they're all amazing games, that helps too).

Hasney

They definitely seemed to be eyeing Oculus, because they had a pretty good relationship with them (two E3 appearances, Xbox controller bundled with headsets, etc). But like I said before, based on the minimum specs (AMD FX4350), the Scorpio isn't beefy enough to support the Oculus Rift properly.

They do have those Windows 10 branded headsets coming but I dunno if they're any good or will be shipping any time soon.

So yeah, combine those with the relatively weak reception VR's received so far and I wouldn't be surprised if the Scorpio's VR support faded away into the distant background.

The most recent scuttlebutt is that they're going to push out some guidelines about VR headsets and let other people do the headsets. I wouldn't be shocked if Occulus just works out of the box for this whole "open" thing.

Philippo

Yeah i only jump in OTs when i have questions and only look for the answers, otherwise i stay pretty much out of it.
I still get spoiled because YT links lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5k18_fvZXg

Best Of Easy Allies - 2017-12 - One Year

👐👐👐👐

HE IS BACK!!!

Hasney

That game In and Ben are playing on Easy Update is everything I've ever wanted in an online multiplayer. Hopefully it comes to consoles.

No doubt it will in a few years when it's ready. Right now it is proper early access and very janky so I just submitted a refund on Steam. But the fundamentals are solid, so I'll no doubt be back in.

Just hope development doesn't stall like it has on other big early access games.

PepperedHam

That game In and Ben are playing on Easy Update is everything I've ever wanted in an online multiplayer. Hopefully it comes to consoles.
Good news on that front in this interview here: https://www.invenglobal.com/article...unds-to-add-maps-guns-and-bikes-in-the-future

Inven: How’s the console version coming along?
Kim: There’s something called the Xbox Preview Program, which is basically Early Access for Xbox. We’re hard at work adding the finishing touches to the game there. It’ll be out on both PlayStation and Xbox.

Philippo

Ok Ben, now that the review's out, give us the real deets: who's the best girl?
Mind you, give us the erong answer and you may loose some Patreon supporters.

Karu

Battlegrounds should be the template for a New mode in the next Last of Us MP. Make the best multiplayer even better...

Hasney

I knew the rules of baseball already due to, like all US sports that weren't Slamball, playing video games. But Hubers stream explaining the rules is super fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom