• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prompto

Banned
Yup, that was amazing. Probably the best fiasco they've done. Not the most hilarious, obviously with the setting, but everything ended up holding together alright and it was still hilarious in a lot of place. Great shit.
The second act was fantastic. Also props to Ian for adding music in certain scenes.

Budi

The second act was fantastic. Also props to Ian for adding music in certain scenes.

Oh boy, I've just finished the first act. Can't wait to see what's coming next! And totally agree with the music, really nice touch. Hopefully he will add theme approriate music in the future episodes too.

Burt

Wow that was a legit fiasco. Music definitely added a ton to it.

Missed opportunity for a "Hey pilot, where's the nearest bar?" in the chopper at the end :p

Ultimadrago

Wow, that Fiasco episode. Awesome Halloween event, guys! Fiasco is such a fun roleplay idea. I still don't get exactly how some of the dice transfers work, but I really love the performances from everyone.

Fiasconauts being a show is so great and Brandon who never was in the GT ones is a great addition. Just finished the episode and loved it

MVP performance was Huber. It being a horror show he was in his element for sure.

Favorite character: Bill. His devolution was hilarious

Aters

This Frame Trap is great. I agree with Brad. Why the hell Nintendo showed a five years old game on a new console? And it looked bad, for a second I thought it was Monster Hunter. At least get Fallout 4.

Karu

Fiasco! Amazing episode. The musical cues are a fantastic addition.

Take him out!

Edit:
Stealing from Twitch Chat again #noshame

Spooky stream shedule (from EasyAllies acc):

SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV
ETERNAL DARKNESS
LUIGI'S MANSION
KYLE BOSMAN PLAYING OUTLAST 2 ALONE

LycanXIII

Haven't finished Fiasco, but I wish Huber's character was a camper during the original murders instead of a counselor from the previous year, which led to him being a survivalist. The announcement of the reopening of the camp would have drove him crazy.

Tankard

GNEJpak.gif

I'm just catching up with the LWYTG from last week (not last night), and that mind game challenge part was pretty hilarious. Show's definitely stepping up. Sad no Dear Bosman, though. Anyone watch it last night?

Edit: oh also, Bosman got that EasyAllies tag in -- noice

I haven't seen it yet but man, looking at the viewer numbers, I'm not sure how much of a future that show has.

Anyway, I had a few points I wanted to bring up from the podcast but since I was playing DQ Builders at the time, I didn't write them down... The one that does come to mind is the Horizon pessimism though. I don't get it. They show one clip of Aloy hacking a giant sauropod robot and revealing some stuff on the map and suddenly it's an open world Ubisoft tower climbing simulator. What?

And now Twitch is acting up on me, so I haven't been able to follow the Halloween stream. Sucks. Hopefully it's working later tonight and I'll watch the replay while playing some more DQ Builders.

Burt

I haven't seen it yet but man, looking at the viewer numbers, I'm not sure how much of a future that show has.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but the show has a lot of supplemental support/reasons for existing. It doesn't do well live, but archived, it's a solid direct outlet for developers to get their game out there (especially as a program that's still growing), it helps cross promote large YouTubers within the platform, it's a "definitive" show for YouTube's foray into streaming (which isn't something that Twitch has), and it'll lead directly into the VGAs, which is nice. Plus, the quality of the show has absolutely risen, which is probably the most important thing of all. I really liked most of the show this week, and I like to think it was due just as much to the show refining itself as it was to Elyse and the increased Bosman.

Sure, it'd literally get ten times as many viewers on Twitch, but that's not the point. To grab an example from this week's show, League of Legends Worlds loses money too, but it's an important spot to establish a presence in for a number of reasons beyond the black and red on the ledger. So, I think that if the quality hits/maintains a reasonable level, the VGAs go well, and they have a definitive plan going into next season, it'll be hard for YouTube to give them the boot so long as they aren't scrapping their streaming plans altogether.

Protip: more Dear Bosmannn

as Randy Orton

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
There is no alternative schedule for Bosman v Wozniak this weekend, right?

Hasney

Anyway, I had a few points I wanted to bring up from the podcast but since I was playing DQ Builders at the time, I didn't write them down... The one that does come to mind is the Horizon pessimism though. I don't get it. They show one clip of Aloy hacking a giant sauropod robot and revealing some stuff on the map and suddenly it's an open world Ubisoft tower climbing simulator. What?

It's not just the clip, can't remember how it came about but some source somewhere said there's lots of them and they all do the same thing., revealing a checklist of busywork for that region.

I'm still fairly pumped for the game as I think even some UbiSoft open world games have managed to overcome having dumb systems like that, but I can't say of didn't puncture at least a little of the hype when I figured UbiSofts open worlds might be the inspiration here.

Karu

It's not just the clip, can't remember how it came about but some source somewhere said there's lots of them and they all do the same thing., revealing a checklist of busywork for that region.

I'm still fairly pumped for the game as I think even some UbiSoft open world games have managed to overcome having dumb systems like that, but I can't say of didn't puncture at least a little of the hype when I figured UbiSofts open worlds might be the inspiration here.
Before (referencing an unknown point in time where my hype decreased for reason X) I was expecting or at least hoping Horizon to be the big new Sony IP in all regards, now my hype more on the level of "Okay, will probably be good and pretty".

Pre-release footage and such will certainly be interesting, at least for me.

jett

D-Member
Catching up to the podcast.

I'm totally not surprised by the two "bust" mentions of Horizon: Zero Dawn. Like No Man's Sky, I'm sure there will be people ardently defending it tooth and nail at all costs come release date, but to me design-wise it looks like another cookie-cutter open world thing, albeit granted set in a halfway interesting setting. The radio towers that unlock portions of the map really cemented that for me.

Mista Koo

Today I watched Pokemon Origins with Jones and Bosman commentary. Glad I didn't watch it when it was released because besides the fights in the final episode it wasn't particularly interesting. Now I was able to enjoy it as a special feature of Brandon Plays Pokemon.

Yes!

after the third attempt in submitting a question for the Q&A i finally got in..on the last question!

those question slots fill up fast and i thought i had a good chance this time being in the 30s, but then as the Q&A went on and they were spending a decent amount of time per question (which is cool, not really advocating them to rush them), I didn't think it'd happen. But it did. Cool stuff

It's kind of annoying that even though I've paid this month for the $25 tier it still cut me off from those posts after dropping to the $5 tier. I thought it wasn't supposed to do that until the next pay period.

I saw the initial Q&A post and was able to leave a question, but the next day I lost access to that post and never got the link to today's stream. Is what it is I suppose

Hasney

It's kind of annoying that even though I've paid this month for the $25 tier it still cut me off from those posts after dropping to the $5 tier. I thought it wasn't supposed to do that until the next pay period.

I saw the initial Q&A post and was able to leave a question, but the next day I lost access to that post and never got the link to today's stream. Is what it is I suppose

Nah, everything on Patron is supposed to be instant. Like even if you haven't paid yet, upping your pledge makes it all visible again.

Yeah, I understand the frustration since it can be a little confusing for us at times when we give out rewards based on a current tier list.I'd prefer it if people could be locked in for their rewards until the next charge period, but I also realize that there are a lot of competing needs for what their systems have to do in terms of tracking current pledges, etc.

Lexad

Yeah, I understand the frustration since it can be a little confusing for us at times when we give out rewards based on a current tier list.I'd prefer it if people could be locked in for their rewards until the next charge period, but I also realize that there are a lot of competing needs for what their systems have to do in terms of tracking current pledges, etc.

It happened to me, but no big deal, I did have to reduce my pledge for the month. It is nice that you guys post the Q&As on youtube or I would have missed one where I got a question in last month.

Is there an EZA group of peeps playing on PSN? BF1 and Rocket League and what not?

Nobody I know really plays online games and I feel like I'm missing out on jolly times :(

PSN: Gampaha, doctor from UK but currently living in Aus, love adventure games, survival horror and any top notch online multiplayer, add me any and all

Karu

Is there an EZA group of peeps playing on PSN? BF1 and Rocket League and what not?

Nobody I know really plays online games and I feel like I'm missing out on jolly times :(

PSN: Gampaha, doctor from UK but currently living in Aus, love adventure games, survival horror and any top notch online multiplayer, add me any and all
Maybe check out their official forums, I bet they have set up something there!
Edit: Okay maybe not. Took a look and it's kinda a mess design and update (in terms of active threads etc.)-wise

Huber's comment on Talking Syndrome in regards to Netflix and shrinking their movie selection et al. was kinda annoying in its naivety.

Edit2: Playing Battlefield 1 currently - my first BF unless you count Beta-weekends, and I'm pretty blown-away by Operations. Playing medic, squad leader is engaging, you feel helpful and running across the battlefield while the bombs are hitting left and right is "the videogame peak experience".
Also alternating with the original Resident Evil (Remake), although only tried it for about 20 minutes. Never played it before. Hearing those moaning noises in one of the first corridors I was all like NOPE NOPE NOPE, backtracked way back to the dinning hall, used my only saving item and noped the fuck out and went to sleep. :D :D

Burt

Ian went to LoL Worlds, right? And he said he was filming there? Can't wait to see what he comes up with from that.

If you're not following,

it's 94% insane

A reliable source or a random (aka, "reddit") source? All I remember is seeing a bunch of "lol towers" posts straight after the PS Meeting and assuming they were the typical fanboy posts that usually come with conferences.

It'd be kinda disappointing if that's the case but then again, it's not like The Witcher 3, GTAV and Red Dead didn't have their own busywork checklists. It's just that their main games were so good that most people forget/ignore the boring stuff.

So I managed to watch most of the Halloween stream (up until the PT part) and that was a cool show. Some great costumes, though Kyle's might give me nightmares... I can't say I will ever understand the appeal of Eternal Darkness though. I remember borrowing it from a friend way back when it came out and thinking it was such a clunky playing and looking game.

Another quick question re Tabletop Escapades.. What happened to the D&D app on the screen they were using for combat in the first few episodes? That was awesome, I'm on episode 13 now and haven't seen it in ages.

I think it was too cumbersome and there haven't been very many combat encounters so they gave up using it. It was roll20.net if you want to check it out.

Hasney

roll20 works very well when you can somewhat predict the actions of your players as you have to map out most possibilities. This isn't the group for it. It's not really missed too much because Ben is so good at explaining the situation and the locations.

UrbanRats

Watched Fiasconauts, finally.
Another homerun, Huber MVP here, though i loved Jones' acting.
Also, adding the music in post really gave the whole thing an edge, great work Ian!

eFKac

Search for the EZA Community on PSN, I think it's in the Friends tab now.

I'd add you, but I'm from EU so we would be on completely different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom