• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I think I asked or suggested this a while back but I think it went under.
So basically why isn't EZA on steam as a curator yet?
Seems like a missed opportunity.

Anyway, I had a few points I wanted to bring up from the podcast but since I was playing DQ Builders at the time, I didn't write them down... The one that does come to mind is the Horizon pessimism though. I don't get it. They show one clip of Aloy hacking a giant sauropod robot and revealing some stuff on the map and suddenly it's an open world Ubisoft tower climbing simulator. What?

This, I don't get it. I could not disagree more with both Ben and Ian and several of the posts in this thread in this case. I've been waiting for Sony to make a big quality WRPG for a while and now they finally are (and Guerilla even hired several extra top talent for it since it's their first one) and they don't seem to be half-assing it as I have loved everything that they've shown in all of its major conference showings like both E3s where we got sizable gameplay demos, and hands-on impressions were great too. They were also gushing about it at E3 and TGS which is the last time the game was shown off and talked about and revealed more of the RPG elements since it doesn't come until next year, so nothing's changed since then, as they've shown one short clip just to show off the 4K/HDR since the pro is coming.

When did something on the scale of Witcher 3 become old hat or "cookie cutter" or on par with just an Ubisoft tower climbing simulator or a bare bones open world game? And this seems to both play better thanks to Aloy's smoother moves and combat, and have an even more unique (and gorgeous) setting and interesting story with the robot dinos and scifi elements. And they even hired a good writer to help address the studio's main flaw from the past, getting their interesting story and world ideas into their actual games and with better dialogue.
Someone even comparing it and Guerilla to an indie like No Man's Sky...

Ultimadrago

EZA can count me in on the Horizon Flop Status (this is more from a quality standpoint than simply sales). Aside from the monster designs, I haven't seen anything in the game that's gotten me out of my seat. The setting, while it has potential, isn't tossing me over its shoulder either. Still even I've placed it in the No Man's Sky box; I haven't seen any drawn-out vague nonsense from Guerrilla Games on the details of their game yet. As someone that loves open-world titles I'm still wholesomely unconvinced from the footage that it'll be anything close to amazing or even very good. I don't know how much Guerrilla has up their sleeves with it, but time will tell if it's the "10/10, GOTY 2017" some are making it out to be.

Ian: "I don't want to get it real dirty!"
A.J.: "You want to get it 'fake dirty'?"
"Yeah, germs, A.J."
"Little boy."

I found that more amusing than I should have. lol

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Sleeper - For Honor
Bust - Scalebound/Sea of Thieves
Lock - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I think that Horizon will review in the mid 80's and it will be the sequel that blows up the franchise. Won't be perfect but I don't think that it will bust at all either. No way.

Mista Koo

Ben I found out what the 3DS eShop download later does a few days ago, it essentially starts all the downloads while in sleep mode. So I guess they are expecting you to do that if you wish to use your system for anything besides playing what you're downloading, also you can download multiple things at once this way.

I had no idea Amanda was a voice actor, although her voice is noticeably unique.

such a good podcast..

but I have a concern since some past podcasts when Ben is in them..

why so silent? there weren't many contributions in this podcast or in the ones Ben was in in recent memory, he is too quite despite having some of the truly best opinions of the panel
I forgot that he was on the podcast twice while listening to it :p

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Looks like the next BvZ is cancelled. At least it's not on the schedule for next week.

/edit: Nope, it was added to the schedule.

Kneefoil

Looks like the next BvZ is cancelled. At least it's not on the schedule for next week.

I'm pretty confident that they still haven't finished putting up the whole schedule for next week. Another Kyle stream, Fun Game Monday, isn't there yet either, and neither is Easy Update. I don't think they've said anything about there not being any of these shows next week, so I would think nothing of it.

Auctopus

I wonder if the any of the Allies (namely Huber) has played Clustertruck.

They've lamented in recent podcasts at the lack of the platformer and here it is in raw form and it's being ignored by them.

wiibomb

got to see Fisaconauts, my goodness it was as good as I expected, buy this one is much better just for those sound effects added. Amazing...

I believe that crew is the perfect one for Fiasconauts, the acting is amazing on all ends.

------

I also got to finish seeing the Halloween stream since I couldn't see the last hour of it.

I gotta say, I was one of those who would have loved seeing kyle play a scary game, now I'm totally against the idea, he just don't like them, he outright hate them. I don't want to see him in that position ever again.

I came to the realisation that Dragon Age: Inquisition is probably the biggest gaming 'Shrek' ever.

isn't the whole dragon age a Shrek case?

Dmax3901

isn't the whole dragon age a Shrek case?

I think the first one is still held in high regard, it wasn't a looker when it released so fans of the game are used to the jank. The second one never stood a chance.

Inquisition on the other hand was critically well received but then a few months later The Witcher 3 came out and everyone was kinda like wow how did we put up with that shit.

Karu

The first Dragon Age is great. I like the second because of its setting and constraint in storytelling. I loved Inquisition during the first 45 hours, then it made clikc and the last 15 hours of that game are one of my most hated gaming experiences and ruined the game as a whole forever. Some characters were great though.

ST2K

Origins is good, 2 is bad, Inquisition is okay seems to be the consensus opinion.

The series is wildly inconsistent in quality/tone/art direction/story/etc. I'm not sure how it's still going if no one in Bioware has a clear vision for it. But I'm not sure it deserves the label of gaming's Shrek.

wiibomb

Kagari and company's surprise podcast on EZA Twitch right now.

I'm hearing it.. it has been pretty comfortable to watch, very chill.

I don't necessarily agree with some points, for example the huge emphasis of trying to fit the Omen Trailer in the narrative of FFXV, it has already been stated that it is something that will not happen, instead it is just a vision of the possible future from King Regis. There are some further interesting conversation parting from that, for example the possibility that this was the future of Noctis so Regis appointed the other 3 to prevent this

Mista Koo

Are there any standout moments from the Halloween group stream? I've only watched the start, Luigi's Mansion, and the first half(?) of SCIV.

Dalibor68

Banned
Watching the latest podcast I had to grin when Ian and Ben mentioned Horizon: Zero Dawn as their (potential) Bust for 2017. I'm not the only one skeptical of that game afterall!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yes nice surprise release. Good episode enjoyed it especially because I have no idea about GTA V yet cause I'm still waiting for the right mood to strike to play it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Great episode. I love the podcasts, but content like this is the very best of GT/EZA.

sora87

At least the new Game Sleuth episode lasts 20 minutes.

yaburnt.gif

wiibomb

after watching Game Sleuth I had to go back to watch again fiasconauts... so goooooood.

Yup, from 0% save to all that. That's why it's been such a gap I assume.

that is so incredible... I have to admire all the work put there, it is such a commitment.

new Game Sleuth was amazing... did Damiani made all that work in GTAV?

Almost all of the work/info was already out there because of the GTA V community. I simply put together everything into a single video as best I could documenting the whole history of the search. Many of the videos/articles out there focus on the finish line part of the search, so hopefully this gives recognition to some fans who did the leg work to carry the search so far along the way. But as for playing the game itself, yea did 100% completion. With the test part though, utilized cheats and such to make life easier. I also "tried" to do the "legit" golden peyote method and gave up after a few days of waiting. Was gonna take ages for that RNG to go your way with the weather.

wiibomb

Almost all of the work/info was already out there because of the GTA V community. I simply put together everything into a single video as best I could documenting the whole history of the search. Many of the videos/articles out there focus on the finish line part of the search, so hopefully this gives recognition to some fans who did the leg work to carry the search so far along the way. But as for playing the game itself, yea did 100% completion. With the test part though, utilized cheats and such to make life easier. I also "tried" to do the "legit" golden peyote method and gave up after a few days of waiting. Was gonna take ages for that RNG to go your way with the weather.

I think that is really unnecessary considering how the difficult it is to align the RNG.

in any case, amazing work, this is an excellent production recapping all the events for this thing in GTAV

All the reasons listed for why Horizon will be a bust are exactly why I think, commercially at least, it's a lock. Consumers love that open world stuff.

sora87

I think Game Sleuth needs a separate thread for each edition. A ridiculous amount of work put in by Damiani.

It'd be nice but not a lot of people really comment on EZA stuff that gets it's own thread.
Least it wouldn't be as stupid as the top 10 threads used to be, with people personally insulting them.

Rockk

Someone might wanna make a post about this Game Sleuth episode on the Gaming sides of thing. I've never played GTAV and don't care about it but it was a really fascinating topic! The boys did great work!

This, I don't get it. I could not disagree more with both Ben and Ian and several of the posts in this thread in this case. I've been waiting for Sony to make a big quality WRPG for a while and now they finally are (and Guerilla even hired several extra top talent for it since it's their first one) and they don't seem to be half-assing it as I have loved everything that they've shown in all of its major conference showings like both E3s where we got sizable gameplay demos, and hands-on impressions were great too. They were also gushing about it at E3 and TGS which is the last time the game was shown off and talked about and revealed more of the RPG elements since it doesn't come until next year, so nothing's changed since then, as they've shown one short clip just to show off the 4K/HDR since the pro is coming.

When did something on the scale of Witcher 3 become old hat or "cookie cutter" or on par with just an Ubisoft tower climbing simulator or a bare bones open world game? And this seems to both play better thanks to Aloy's smoother moves and combat, and have an even more unique (and gorgeous) setting and interesting story with the robot dinos and scifi elements. And they even hired a good writer to help address the studio's main flaw from the past, getting their interesting story and world ideas into their actual games and with better dialogue.
Someone even comparing it and Guerilla to an indie like No Man's Sky...
I honestly think it won't be an rpg in ther vein of the Witcher, but a very simplified, linear action/open world game with crafting and upgrade systems relatively linear and predefined. In short: the padding part of the rpg, not exactly hot stuff.

Or it will be a full fledged RPG, who knows? Sure it doesn't look one right now...

ito007

I never cared for the setting of Horizon, but as soon as I saw it was being made by Guerilla Games I knew it was going to be an instant buy.

I had faith in whatever game they make 100%. The skepticism that comes with its open world nature however has creeped into me, I'll admit.

For Guerilla though I'll give it a shot

Game Sleuth was great. EZA did a great job.

Also, I can't seem to find the info, but do any of you guys know where we can meet the crew at PSX? Thanks.

BBboy20

I honestly think it won't be an rpg in ther vein of the Witcher, but a very simplified, linear action/open world game with crafting and upgrade systems relatively linear and predefined. In short: the padding part of the rpg, not exactly hot stuff.

Or it will be a full fledged RPG, who knows? Sure it doesn't look one right now...
Very least, we expect this to be Sony's (other?) Monster Hunter.

.Inquisition on the other hand was critically well received but then a few months later The Witcher 3 came out and everyone was kinda like wow how did we put up with that shit.
Some people see to still like it. But yeah, I noticed it was the critical darling when it was released and then a year later, it now has a mixed reception.

sora87

Game Sleuth was great. EZA did a great job.

Also, I can't seem to find the info, but do any of you guys know where we can meet the crew at PSX? Thanks.

I can't remember the name of the venue but they were talking about doing a meet and greet the night before psx I believe? somewhere across the road from where psx is being held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom