• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last conference I watched with them (I think it was PSX?) I synced the original stream muted (to get the highest quality video) with their own video in the background as running commentary. A bit of a pain to be honest. :p They need to get a 1080@60fps re-stream (hopefully both on YouTube and Twitch cuz Twitch is often ass), and no offense but their own video should be as small as possible. :p

What? No...

The thing that makes their stream different are the reactions, I think if anyone wishes that, they should just watch the original stream...

I still feel a bit bummed that their layout for the Switch conference hid Huber, Brad and Ben's reaction for Odyssey when they stood up from the chair

Deimo5

If I recall the Allies stream and the official youtube stream would get out of sync so having a second E3 stream full screen would get annoying, but I don't know whose problem that was.

Axass

The last conference I watched with them (I think it was PSX?) I synced the original stream muted (to get the highest quality video) with their own video in the background as running commentary. A bit of a pain to be honest. :p They need to get a 1080@60fps re-stream (hopefully both on YouTube and Twitch cuz Twitch is often ass), and no offense but their own video should be as small as possible. :p

There's no point watching EZA's reactions in a little rectangle, might as well watch the original conference then. It's a reaction stream, the focus should be on their reactions and commentary.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Them being as small as possible makes 0 sense. You can always have two tabs open and customize if the reactions aren't going to be the main thing you care about. the reverse is not applicable/practical.

Hasney

There's no point watching EZA's reactions in a little rectangle, might as well watch the original conference then. It's a reaction stream, the focus should be on their reactions and commentary.

Or just the commentary and not have to worry about fannying about with sync and bollocks. Still, the PSX one was great. Much better than last years E3.

Mista Koo

Speaking of which, I think the camera should be bigger on the group streams. The camera is as important as the game part and often even more.

When/if they get a studio they should film reactions in front of a green screen wall, so that when they jump and stand up they obscure the feed.

Hasney

Speaking of which, I think the camera should be bigger on the group streams. The camera is as important as the game part and often even more.

When/if they get a studio they should film reactions in front of a green screen wall, so that when they jump and stand up they obscure the feed.

Ewwwwwwwwww. Get out the way of my vidya game!

LycanXIII

Possibly sarcasm, but something like that could work for the conferences if they set it up right.
Have the conference full screen, the guys in front of a green screen. Overlay it, but have the guys sitting in the corners of the screen to obscure the least amount of area. Or something like Mystery Science Theater style.
Spinning_Gamera.jpg

Budi

I used to think that the crew should only be on a small screen. But then I realized that if I really want to focus on the press confrence itself, I'll just watch it instead of EZA stream. And come back for their commentary later. Even just EZA audio would distract me from the presentation when I want to watch that.

jett

D-Member
What? No...

The thing that makes their stream different are the reactions, I think if anyone wishes that, they should just watch the original stream...

I still feel a bit bummed that their layout for the Switch conference hid Huber, Brad and Ben's reaction for Odyssey when they stood up from the chair

Yeah? I think they should be group stream-sized for the livestream, they can upload it with a larger window later on. I'd like to have best of both worlds myself. Their E3 stream was kind of unwatchable if you were at all interested in what Sony was actually showing. PSX was better though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah? I think they should be group stream-sized for the livestream, they can upload it with a larger window later on. I'd like to have best of both worlds myself. Their E3 stream was kind of unwatchable if you were at all interested in what Sony was actually showing. PSX was better though.

Then why don't you make use of having two different windows. You can have that.
Adjusting 2 different windows works better than telling people that are mostly there for the reactions to strg mousewheel up the screen.

That's been suggested, but they're all too busy with E3 to reedit/reencode the video. So they only use the twitch exporter to youtube.

Hasney

Then why don't you make use of having two different windows. You can have that.
Adjusting 2 different windows works better than telling people that are mostly there for the reactions to strg mousewheel up the screen.

They should go back to muting their conference feed then so I don't have to worry about syncing it or dealing with the extra audio.

jond76

Banned
Possibly sarcasm, but something like that could work for the conferences if they set it up right.
Have the conference full screen, the guys in front of a green screen. Overlay it, but have the guys sitting in the corners of the screen to obscure the least amount of area. Or something like Mystery Science Theater style.
Spinning_Gamera.jpg

That's not a bad idea. Throw a green screen behind them and have the conference running there.

They should go back to muting their conference feed then so I don't have to worry about syncing it or dealing with the extra audio.

Muting would hurt rewatches of the streams/reactions quite a bit unless they uploaded a version with stream audio.

Personally, I think the PSX setup was fine.

I'm probably going to have EZA stream and conference stream on at same time, conference muted unless it's something I'm really interested in.

farisr

Yeah, no. Reactions/Allies need to be on the bigger screen. Folks have the option to open up another window or watch untouched footage after the fact if they want the gameplay in a big window or high quality. People who want to see the allies in good quality/clarity don't have that second option if the screen is small during the stream.

Visceir

PSX setup worked well, just hope they have the foresight to record their own video capture individually to have a backup in case anything happens and have their own video in best possible quality for future use.

Mikey Jr.

Single Screen: Easy Allies Twitch with their picture-in-picture stream of the Sony Conference, smaller at the bottom.

I don't think conferences are visually interesting enough to be full-screened so I hope they stick to the setup they've had over the last couple years.

Edit: I just recalled they switched things up slightly for PSX and sort of provided equal space - this would work well too, especially the desk setup. Although, they might need to remove the EZA or PS logo to fit in Damiani/people who aren't on the main desk etc.

eRD7gVd.png

Their E3 reactions are closing in on 300k.

Dont touch a winning formula.

Same screen space as last time. When people look for reactions later on, they don't give a flying fuck about the conference screen.

Making them smaller would be a BIG mistake.

EZA E3 has I think the second highest views for reactions. You know why?

Because you can actually see them. It's "evergreen content" as they say.

farisr

I believe Jones has previously said that one thing he wants to change from last E3 is to give more space to stand (and be visible on camera), which would in part mean the camera would be further back. Absolutely don't want a smaller screen in that instance, would be so hard to make out the smaller reactions/expressions some of the allies in certain cases.

Karu

Yeah, as said, that doesn't work for the archive at all.

I personally don't care all that much about the ratio at the end of the day, in either direction.

Hasney

I mean, the smaller they are, the less the blurriness or lip sync is noticeable at least *cough*.

It will be a bummer if they do it like that when the PSX worked really well. If the sync between two separate feeds gets too much I'll just say fuck it and miss it and there's no point watching just the EZA feed, because you can barely see what they're reacting to when it's details within the stream.

Auctopus

I just don't want it to be on the couch (I don't think it will be). The desk works so much better for presentation, seat swapping, tech stuff and reactions if you care about that too.

ShadyK54

I just don't want it to be on the couch (I don't think it will be). The desk works so much better for presentation, seat swapping, tech stuff and reactions if you care about that too.

I think a PSX style setup with the desk would work for me, although I liked both the PSX & E3 setups.

Budi

I liked the smaller screen for those not at the desk in E3, hopefully that is coming back if they all can't be on the same screen.

Hasney

So....

any news on trailer jones? :D

On his FF6 stream, Brandon said that you'll probably have to wait a week to find out with payments clearing and if that is under, some people have offered to fund the rest. See if that happens.

He also said there's no Bowman V Huber bets, but they're doing the rules and everything.

sn00zer

Hey allies, what's the best EZA E3 experience?

Single screen A: EZA feed all the way
Single screen B: conference feed first, EZA reaction after.
Dual screen: both feed side by side.

I'm thinking single screen A for all conference except Sony with dual screen.

I watch E3 by myself while texting one of my friends. Then watch EZA the next day. As much as I like EZA, I want to feel my own way without being influenced by others.

On his FF6 stream, Brandon said that you'll probably have to wait a week to find out with payments clearing and if that is under, some people have offered to fund the rest. See if that happens.

He also said there's no Bowman V Huber bets, but they're doing the rules and everything.

Can't wait, thank you!

Budi

I watch E3 by myself while texting one of my friends. Then watch EZA the next day. As much as I like EZA, I want to feel my own way without being influenced by others.

I'm also spamming Steam chat and IRC like crazy during E3! Love to share excitement and crack jokes with friends during it.

Hey allies, what's the best EZA E3 experience?

Single screen A: EZA feed all the way
Single screen B: conference feed first, EZA reaction after.
Dual screen: both feed side by side.

I'm thinking single screen A for all conference except Sony with dual screen.

If I have a pal over then I watch the conference with them. If no-one's around I watch the Allies stream, helps me get through the boring bits.

mishakoz

I have EZA on my left screen and direct on my right. I usually will watch the direct and then because of delay I'll usually see the reaction a moment later.

It's my first E3 with the Allies so I plan on watching most conferences just via their stream alone because a lot of the conferences have down time. Only exception is Sony because if the conference is like last year, it'll just be trailers and demos back to back. So I'll have to rewatch that EZA segment afterwards.

It will depend if i can sync up the EZA stream and another youtube conference only stream. If i can.

Main 27" monitor conference in 4k and second 23" monitor EZA stream.

If i can´t.

Just EZA on main monitor.

I don't understand why you'd watch the Allies stream and want them in a smaller window,
Just watch it elsewhere and come back, or just run their audio while you watch elsewhere.

The reactions are the entire point of watching something like that.

I don't understand why you'd watch the Allies stream and want them in a smaller window,
Just watch it elsewhere and come back, or just run their audio while you watch elsewhere.

Yeah nah I watch for their commentary; if anything I find the extreme physical reactions to be a turn off lol.

Obviously just one opinion, don't know how common it is:

I don't care enough about the conferences to watch them without commentary, and it's a pain in the butt to sync. So the 50/50-ish split is nice.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Well I usually appreciate the total randomness of Easy Update but this new episode is I think the first time I'm not sure what to make off(I think I was just kinda lost xD). Oh well first time for everything. Lots of the recent Easy Updates have been pretty rad though.

Mista Koo

Spinning_Gamera.jpg
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Yes but Ippo really has all the elements Huber appreciates:
-Context (all athlethes have backstories fleshed out before and after their matches, even those with one time only appearances)
-Realism (the author itself wrote for boxing magazines and has his own gym)
-Charm (the main cast is full of personality, and the underdog atmosphere make you really love them)
-Jolly (again, the camaraderie is top tier stuff)
-Build up, tension and high stakes for every match
-Amazing soundtrack and sound effects
-HYPE moments, lots and lots of them
All of these apply to Haikyuu. Go watch Haikyuu :3

But I was thinking of how invested and emotional he got into the bad parts of Naruto. If he can get into that he'll probably get into any good shonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom