• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggy

Nice the Q+A is up! They should make this into a podcast (maybe just put it on the eza feed or something?) would love to listen on my commute.

Karu

Q&A was great, some hilarious questions/answers.
And Hasney with that Fiasconauts question, would love for a fan to create the playset. They don't even have to play it - as they said they probably wouldn't. But the idea itself is funny enough.

Also... not done just yet with Xenoblade (currently Part 12), but I will probably tune in live tonight for the first time (and last time, I take it from comments here?!). Wooha. =)

Possibly sarcasm, but something like that could work for the conferences if they set it up right.
Have the conference full screen, the guys in front of a green screen. Overlay it, but have the guys sitting in the corners of the screen to obscure the least amount of area. Or something like Mystery Science Theater style.
Spinning_Gamera.jpg

LOL, I could go for that.

Anyone here playing Tekken 7? If so, who are you maining?

When they showed off Eliza I figured I'd probably end up going with her unless she was too complex, finally played her and she's basically a Street Fighter character lol. Perfect

(I have no idea how to play Tekken but I'm digging it)

The story mode is horrible though, good lord. I was all for the dumb story nonsense at first but it really isn't good. Annoying difficulty spikes too

Auctopus

Anyone here playing Tekken 7? If so, who are you maining?

When they showed off Eliza I figured I'd probably end up going with her unless she was too complex, finally played her and she's basically a Street Fighter character lol. Perfect

(I have no idea how to play Tekken but I'm digging it)

I'm playing Lee, at the moment. It was who I became fondest of during Tekken Tag 2. His recovery time is almost unmatched, which means I can risk moves far more often that give me Advantage (note: noun). He also has some great telegraphing which makes it difficult to identify launchers (especially the height of said launchers too).

If you're learning how to play and mainly playing Beginners, I highly recommend watching a guide to movement. It's a pillar of Tekken combat and in my opinion, the most important. Having an understanding of spacing and certain techniques will give you the advantage (note: lowercase) against the majority of players you will first encounter. It will allow you to confidently punish risky attacks and set you up for combos in to wall attacks.

Honestly, just learning movement (you'll never master it) will increase your Tekken skills considerably.

Edit: I'm not saying become a master at movement, just understand why it's important.

Holy crap, I should have listened to the advice and started watching these guys a long time ago. This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a gaming channel.

Huber might be my favorite person in the world right now.

Bahorel

Exactly one week til e3, it's gonna be so hard the next seven days to exist. But at least we're getting the betting special sometime this week, I'm readyyy

Holy crap, I should have listened to the advice and started watching these guys a long time ago. This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a gaming channel.

Welcome! Good timing with E3 just around the corner. And yes, Huber is fantastic.

While we wait

Place ya bets place ya bets

Oh man, I need to think about these. Only the Nintendo ones even seem feasible to me.

I'm playing Lee, at the moment. It was who I became fondest of during Tekken Tag 2. His recovery time is almost unmatched, which means I can risk moves far more often that give me Advantage (note: noun). He also has some great telegraphing which makes it difficult to identify launchers (especially the height of said launchers too).

If you're learning how to play and mainly playing Beginners, I highly recommend watching a guide to movement. It's a pillar of Tekken combat and in my opinion, the most important. Having an understanding of spacing and certain techniques will give you the advantage (note: lowercase) against the majority of players you will first encounter. It will allow you to confidently punish risky attacks and set you up for combos in to wall attacks.

Honestly, just learning movement (you'll never master it) will increase your Tekken skills considerably.

Edit: I'm not saying become a master at movement, just understand why it's important.
Yeah it's clear the biggest barrier for me is movement.

Thanks for the video, I'll check it out

ShadyK54

Exactly one week til e3, it's gonna be so hard the next seven days to exist. But at least we're getting the betting special sometime this week, I'm readyyy

Yup. Taking the time this week & rewatching last year's reactions & impressions.

Also, Cold Blooded vs. Ultima Brad! Can't wait! #NewEra

Karu

Shameless shilling for the allies DOES pay off after all! :D

Welcome!

These days are dreadful, everything is in this weird waiting stage and I just want it to start already.

mcw

Hey, guys. Need a favor...

Show me your favorite EZA gifs. Let's get 'em assembled and ready for next week.

Ultimadrago

Hey, guys. Need a favor...

Show me your favorite EZA gifs. Let's get 'em assembled and ready for next week.

Most of these aren't mine and have been posted earlier in the thread:

brandonjonesoface1kj68.gif
omnislash6mksq.gif
(Brandon for megatons. I have no idea what I'll use Brad for. lol)
bosmanperfectoo0k09.gif
(Self-explanatory)
ftfykylevwjka.gif
(Conference rebounds)

notagoodpart2dkly.gif

Damiani instead saying "That was not a good part of E3." would be great. I may do it myself.

Auctopus

The moment when the spider falls on Ben in the GT Resident Evil: Nemesis play through. Intimate.

"That's the last of the spiders, I promise"

Auctopus

Dammit, Hasney's gifs have lead me on a scavenger hunt of different E3 clips and now I'm fully hyped. It's gonna be a long work week.

Edit: It also reminded me that EA has had two disastrous conferences in a row in completely different ways.

_Ryo_

Prediction:

SEGA announces Yakuza Kiwami 2, US/JAPAN World Wide release. November 2018.

Huber's and Ben's head will literally explode and yen will pop out like confetti.

Ultimadrago

I just noticed Ben's PSN avatar is Futaba in Ben's Dojo. Further Persona Proof!
I knew he chose the best woman. I knew it.

It's also my current PSN avatar btw. lol

VanWinkle

I miss Mandatory Update so, so, soooo much. While it was hit and miss at times, I still loved every bit of it. It had some really fantastic moments. It pains me that it's never coming back.

I loved Mandatory Update Nights.

Man, I like Ian, but Easy Update is just not my thing at all. Every once in awhile there will be an episode that interests me and I enjoy, but overall it's just not for me.

Post Elyse MUN is GOAT stuff. Ian was not giving a fuck. You could clearly see from his attitude from those days (and even on podcast where he flat out said it) that GT days were numbered.

I loved Mandatory Update Nights.

Man, I like Ian, but Easy Update is just not my thing at all. Every once in awhile there will be an episode that interests me and I enjoy, but overall it's just not for me.

I agree with you on Easy Update. I love that Ian gets to do it, but most of the time it's really not for me. I prefer scripted and produced shows over improvised ones like that. I also don't like to watch other people playing games. It still got us great moments, like the Halloween episode or the Bound episode, which I'm glad for.

Mandatory Update Nights was great, but not a good replacement for Mandatory Update itself. It's a completely different format. That's not necessarily worse, but felt more like another podcast, which is, again, not bad at all. But I really liked the SNL-like fake news show with a focus on gaming news and its own skits and segments. It also got us so many fantastic moments. Ian and Elyse did a really good job, all things considered. Reminiscing about it now makes me want to binge all episodes again.

It makes me really sad that we'll never get another show like it ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom