• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

My Metroid bet is based on a VC Metroid being announced or the game collection subscription thing, then a new one. One day...

All in on two Metroid titles this E3. I gotta believe. <- Locked in.

--

Saw bits and pieces of Ben's Dojo. Pretty fun. Is it only going to be Tekken 7?

Tsosie

10 on Shy Guy's face being revealed. Lock that in.

My only fear is it happens during Ubi's presser if they reveal Mario x Rabbids during their press conference.

Edit: "we see under a Shy Guy mask" - editing to better resemble the original statement.

ShadyK54

Throwing 5 at Call of Duty PSVR support, and my other 5 at the word "Ahoy!" being said during a Sea of Thieves demo.

Locking it in!

Tsosie

I mean if we do not see Mario hand-cannon a Shy Guy, stroll over to the body, rip off the mask, reveal a rabbid under the mask, then Ubi has seriously dropped the ball.

Hasney

Group stream vote is up, one option is watching E3 trailers which is winning and will likely crush it. Don't want to burn the tournament on Tekken 7 myself as ARMS could be more fun.

Feep

Banned
I agree with you on Easy Update. I love that Ian gets to do it, but most of the time it's really not for me. I prefer scripted and produced shows over improvised ones like that. I also don't like to watch other people playing games. It still got us great moments, like the Halloween episode or the Bound episode, which I'm glad for.

Mandatory Update Nights was great, but not a good replacement for Mandatory Update itself. It's a completely different format. That's not necessarily worse, but felt more like another podcast, which is, again, not bad at all. But I really liked the SNL-like fake news show with a focus on gaming news and its own skits and segments. It also got us so many fantastic moments. Ian and Elyse did a really good job, all things considered. Reminiscing about it now makes me want to binge all episodes again.

It makes me really sad that we'll never get another show like it ever again.
Yes but EZUp this week had me running around pretending to be a peacock

What now

You bring up a solid point

If you think about it we're all just running around pretending to be peacocks in the Easy Update called "life"
E9Mp2wb.gif

Group stream vote is up, one option is watching E3 trailers which is winning and will likely crush it. Don't want to burn the tournament on Tekken 7 myself as ARMS could be more fun.

A Tekken 7 group stream would work better if it was just like the Injustice 2 one, testing characters and watching supermoves.

For a tournament I prefer ARMS.

Mikey Jr.

I love the group streams is something interesting. That will always win for me.

So sitting down and streaming just some normal game will always be last for me.

Cindro

I've experienced an absolute meteoric rise in my love for EZA over the past couple of weeks. I don't think I've ever become a fan of a group so fast!

It's weird, because I watched GT retrospectives and reviews pretty regularly, loved The Final Bosman, and of course knew all about the fall of GT and the subsequent rise from the ashes that is EZA. I just never really checked in to the group, other than listening to their man podcast a few times, but now I'm all in.

Gotta give a shoutout to Ben, because he's an outstanding host on Frame Trap. I always saw him as a secondary personality to people like Brandon and Kyle (probably because those are the two dudes I was most familiar with from GT, and they're also the two who are on every episode of the podcast), but he's a Grade-A professional at running his show. The way he leads discussions is among the best of any podcast host I've ever heard. I also recently started Tabletop Escapades, which he's also great at.

And speaking of Brandon and Kyle... I'm just wrapping up episode 10 of Brandon Plays Pokemon! I thought it would be pretty boring at first, just seeing the two of them spend nine hours talking about a game I've been familiar with for two decades now, but it is easily one of the best things I've ever watched on YouTube. An absolute pleasure and delight every step of the way.

And I see they did a followup series with Sun and Moon. HYPE! Has there been any word on the two of them someday doing future Pokemon shows together?

Anyway, it seems like I'll be spending E3 with the Allies this year, dethroning Giant Bomb for the first time in half a decade.

At this rate, EZA will end up being the very first crowdsourced project I contribute money to. I need that Cup of Jones, baby!

Axass

I've experienced an absolute meteoric rise in my love for EZA over the past couple of weeks. I don't think I've ever become a fan of a group so fast!

It's weird, because I watched GT retrospectives and reviews pretty regularly, loved The Final Bosman, and of course knew all about the fall of GT and the subsequent rise from the ashes that is EZA. I just never really checked in to the group, other than listening to their man podcast a few times, but now I'm all in.

Gotta give a shoutout to Ben, because he's an outstanding host on Frame Trap. I always saw him as a secondary personality to people like Brandon and Kyle (probably because those are the two dudes I was most familiar with from GT, and they're also the two who are on every episode of the podcast), but he's a Grade-A professional at running his show. The way he leads discussions is among the best of any podcast host I've ever heard. I also recently started Tabletop Escapades, which he's also great at.

And speaking of Brandon and Kyle... I'm just wrapping up episode 10 of Brandon Plays Pokemon! I thought it would be pretty boring at first, just seeing the two of them spend nine hours talking about a game I've been familiar with for two decades now, but it is easily one of the best things I've ever watched on YouTube. An absolute pleasure and delight every step of the way.

And I see they did a followup series with Sun and Moon. HYPE! Has there been any word on the two of them someday doing future Pokemon shows together?

Anyway, it seems like I'll be spending E3 with the Allies this year, dethroning Giant Bomb for the first time in half a decade.

At this rate, EZA will end up being the very first crowdsourced project I contribute money to. I need that Cup of Jones, baby!

I feel the hype is strong with this one. Welcome to the thread, Cup of Jones is great, definitely send a dollar their way if you can. Doubt they'll do more Pokémon shows in the near future, but you never know.

But the apple!
The apple was in the way while I was trying to bask in Sofia's beauty. Worst part of the episode.

Visceir

Was looking for their 1 year anniversary video and stumbled on this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsVlIVZP_tQ
A 'Friends' opening parody for Easy Allies, very jolly, haha.

Gotta agree with GermanEfficiency on Ben being the most improved. Dude works hard and has a passion for what he does, it definitely shows.

the Sun and Moon series was rather bumpy due to the episodes being so irregular. Brandon is a self-professed pokemon fan now though so who knows.

Visceir

After having seen that Friends intro parody I just keep on picturing this 'Easy Allies road to E3' sitcom miniseries...with laugh track and all! Where they would intentionally exploit all the sitcom cliches and have the allies play overcaricaturized characters of themselves. Jones' garage pretty much already has the iconic sitcom set look.

Just imaginining a scene where Brad, Kyle and Ben calmly build their gundams when Huber would burst into the room Kramer-style and start going on about the recent thing he is hyped about, lol.

Mista Koo

Philippo

Oh man i can't believe that i got to clear my last two remaining university exams right before E3, now i can finally be hyped without anxiety!
Woohoo!

El-Suave

I really need an E3 betting stake wherein if Bloodborne 2 is announced they'll do another musical

Please someone work out how to do this

Something like that is more like a project that could be funded like box peek was because it would be quite massive. Brandon said that in the future he'd like more produced content establishing the brand because they have enough shows with people sitting around talking. I wouldn't rule it out but it's nothing one person does on the side like a betting stake.

2 things:

1. I recently got into fiasconauts. Holy sheit. They are so good. The camp one is fantastic.

2. Is there an E3 betting special? Sorry if people already asked, I just jumped to the last page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom