• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Clood Blooded didn't say anything about Benzilla going extinct however.

HlehxBT.gif

Budi

While the conversation already shifted to the betting special, I'll throw in my own hype ranking for the confrences.

1. PC Gaming Show - There's something new for XCOM 2 there, so this is an easy choice. PC is also my platform of choice for gaming.

2. Nintendo - Still not 100% on board with Switch, but I'm dying for them to impress me. I need bit more than just Mario and Zelda. The lenght of the direct doesn't give much confidence for diverse and plentiful line up, but it could also mean all killer no filler! Nintendo is always good vibes.

3. Bethesda - Loved how they introduced Fallout 4, while not fan of the game. Or actually not a fan of Bethesda developed games overall, but their publishing lineup is impressive.

4. Ubisoft - While I was earlier just mostly a fan of their UbiArt games (original Rainbow Six too) and those made me install Uplay. I've been getting into their AAA stuff recently. Not having Aisha this year is a bummer. So much stuff leaked or already announced dampens my excitement.

5. Sony - Their latest two confrences have been very entertaining. I'm expecting a lot of exclusives though so not that interested in the games. Ofcourse there's always a chance for multiplatform megatons and Sony does like to burn money on those marketing deals.

6. Devolver Digital - It being only already announced games, doesn't exactly create hype. But interesting to see how they handle their thing, whatever it will be.

7. Xbox - One would think that their Play Anywhere program bringing games to PC too would excite me. But after the Quantum Break Windows store fiasco, not really. If all of those games would find their way to steam eventually like QB did, then you'd had my attention.

8. EA - They still haven't sold me on Origin, no such games I really need to play. NHL on PC, I'd consider. Though I take 2K sports games over theirs anytime. Heck, even PES over Fifa.

Watching them all ofcourse!

Joqu

omg.. those stakes!!!

the reset of the EZA timeline!!!

I must have a video of all going extinct if that truly happens

Ooooh, this too. I need to see them freeze to DEATH.

What's the lore behind this though? How does Cold Blooded have such powers? Nani?!

wiibomb

Ooooh, this too. I need to see them freeze to DEATH.

What's the lore behind this though? How does Cold Blooded have such powers? Nani?!

he can call upon all freeze powers that be. With enough power on him with the win of the EZA belt, he will finally have enough power to summon the biggest Ice Age in EZA history and freeze all the betsonas to death

Joqu

he can call upon all freeze powers that be. With enough power on him with the win of the EZA belt, he will finally have enough power to summon the biggest Ice Age in EZA history and freeze all the betsonas to death

beautiful

Sounds like he'll have to sacrifice himself in his summoning of the ice age though... and just when he allowed his heart to thaw for the Chrono series. How sad. ;___;

ShadyK54

Holy shit @ Cold Blooded's stakes! What a betting special!!

I'm actually torn on who to root for! I like the #NewEra, but man, I really want to see what the frozen timeline looks like.

Tsosie

"The state of California recognizes these greasy palms as an extreme fire hazard" best line of a show full of amazing EZA lines.

wiibomb

So do we think all the betsonas have cool powers like this? Cold blooded just became a weather god

not weather god, just a summoner of coldness, nothing more (he can't make a sunshine)

"The state of California recognizes these greasy palms as an extreme fire hazard" best line of a show full of amazing EZA lines.

see? this is Brand Manager power.
I also believe he could potentially come to manipulate minds to convince millionaires

Holy shit @ Cold Blooded's stakes! What a betting special!!

I'm actually torn on who to root for! I like the #NewEra, but man, I really want to see what the frozen timeline looks like.

I'm also torn, I don't know which one I want more.

LycanXIII

I don't remember how they did it last year, are they turning off Sub notifications during the conferences? I would prefer not to see them popping up during the event.

Edit: As I posted, they posted on Patreon.

As we get ready to begin our E3 coverage, we wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding something new we will be implementing this year. During our press conference reaction streams, we will be enabling sub only mode for the Twitch chat. We decided to go this route to ensure a more enjoyable chat experience for those who want to engage in civil discussions and to alleviate the strain put on our volunteer moderators. The remainder of our streams will have the chat set to follower mode as we normally do for our big streams. As always, we welcome your feedback and suggestions.

ShadyK54

I don't remember how they did it last year, are they turning off Sub notifications during the conferences? I would prefer not to see them popping up during the event.

I like this move, when thinking about it as a way to keep away toxic drive by posts & such.

Edit: Yeah, I'm with Hasney on having notifications off during the conferences. The conferences is what the focus should be on when they're on, IMO.

Hasney

I've asked them to have the notifications off during the conference on that post, the pre and post show, come on screen but they're good at ignoring during a conversation these days, but during the conferences they shouldn't take up screen space at all IMO

As we get ready to begin our E3 coverage, we wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding something new we will be implementing this year. During our press conference reaction streams, we will be enabling sub only mode for the Twitch chat. We decided to go this route to ensure a more enjoyable chat experience for those who want to engage in civil discussions and to alleviate the strain put on our volunteer moderators. The remainder of our streams will have the chat set to follower mode as we normally do for our big streams. As always, we welcome your feedback and suggestions.

-------

I kind of actually hate this and might not watch reactions live now, just catch VODS some other time. Disappointing.

Bahorel

-------

I kind of actually hate this and might not watch reactions live now, just catch VODS some other time. Disappointing.

I mean when it comes to the massive flood of shit that usually happens in e3 chats I'm not sure what you think you're going to miss. They move so fast no one can read them anyway

Budi

Sub only chat during confrences seems reasonable and also pretty smart. Not a subscriber myself, but this usually makes for a better chat. I also could do without the sub notifications.

I mean when it comes to the massive flood of shit that usually happens in e3 chats I'm not sure what you think you're going to miss. They move so fast no one can read them anyway

Yeah that makes it pretty difficult to have an actual chat =P But I guess some people get excitement from seeing the chat go wild. Hard to relate but I kinda get it.

I'm watching the Trailer Hypefest and wow. I do not care even a tiny bit about Dragon Quest. It's a series that means absolutely nothing to me, but that trailer was simply amazing. Just wow, really. It even got me a little emotional, it was that good. This nostalgia play is such a good way to generate hype for a series this old, with so many entries. It makes me feel like I finally understand why it's such a beloved series in Japan, even though it's actually not that hard to understand when you think about it. Still, so well done. Thanks for showing it, Bloodworth.

I mean that's kind of the fun. If the allies are going to be on stream just screaming unintelligibly, why can't I do the same in the chat? Someone on Patreon commented that this is a very common thing to do, but it really... isn't. IMO this throws out the whole inclusive community thing they're going for.

I'll go watch conferences live with Trihex. No sub mode there. See you guys for streams with free chats though.

wiibomb

actually I wonder what made them take that decision, is the chat that terrible with E3?

I like the decision, it makes the chat a little bit less bloated

ShadyK54

I mean that's kind of the fun. If the allies are going to be on stream just screaming unintelligibly, why can't I do the same in the chat? Someone on Patreon commented that this is a very common thing to do, but it really... isn't.

I'll go watch conferences live with Trihex. No sub mode there. See you guys for streams with free chats though.

I find it fairly common, actually. Get a big enough audience, & eventually there'll come a point where sub mode becomes a thing. And with E3 likely to draw a lot of new people, it might be best.

You don't have to get so salt about it, though.

I'm watching the Trailer Hypefest and wow. I do not care even a tiny bit about Dragon Quest. It's a series that means absolutely nothing to me, but that trailer was simply amazing. Just wow, really. It even got me a little emotional, it was that good. This nostalgia play is such a good way to generate hype for a series this old, with so many entries. It makes me feel like I finally understand why it's such a beloved series in Japan, even though it's actually not that hard to understand when you think about it. Still, so well done. Thanks for showing it, Bloodworth.

seriously. can someone link me to this individual trailer? I wanted to share it with someone but I can't actually find it outside of the EZA video.

LycanXIII

There's a difference between a couple hundred on a normal night, and over a thousand for E3.

actually I wonder what made them take that decision, is the chat that terrible with E3?

I like the decision, it makes the chat a little bit less bloated

Reading the comments, it looks like the Mods asked for it.

There are settings for allowing it to be Followers for 3 Months, but they went with Sub Mode.

And I guess this is where "Love & Respect" ends up "hurting" them.

I've asked them to have the notifications off during the conference on that post, the pre and post show, come on screen but they're good at ignoring during a conversation these days, but during the conferences they shouldn't take up screen space at all IMO

I asked them a little above you, they just replied saying they're off.

ShadyK54

I suppose they could do the follower only mode like they have before if the uproar over sub only is big enough. Besides the obvious though, is there really a difference between the two? Never understood it.

Second edit: I guess the emotes, for one lol. Forgot about emotes.

Edit: No video for the Fanime Panel.

Hey everyone,
I want to thank Shadowmarrba and heysudowoodo for filming the panel and trying to help us make a video of it happen. However, I regret to inform everyone that there are some issues on our end with assembling the footage provided, and given the current workload on our three primary video editors' plates as we head into E3 and the weeks following, it was simply going to be too large of a project for any one of them.

We did attempt to put the footage together, but the time it was going to take us was much greater than I thought, and it wasn't going to be a simple assembly job like anticipated.

Thus, I have to unfortunately announce we will not be using the footage we were provided to create a video of the panel.

Those of you who provided us video, of course feel free to to do what you wish with your footage, but we will not be able to post an official video of the panel on our YouTube channel. In the future, if we have any other panels, we will try to have a dedicated person assigned to filming it.

L&R,

-Damiani

I'm curious about the panel, but remember: whatever they discussed is already old news, this was before the SE took the project from CyberConnect2. So I don't blame they on giving up with a official release.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
My experience with other twitch channels is that follower only works pretty well even with up to a 2k concurrent watchers to keep spammers out.
But I personally don't care either way.(I'm not subbed on twitch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom