• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

Hopefully those who filmed it will release their video to those who are interested. Bummer that it didn't work out, but also glad that working on it didn't put extra strain on the editors during this crucial time.

Mikey Jr.

I'm fine with sub only.

Moderators want to watch the conferences too for fuck sakes.

It's like those poor people who have to work on New Years eve. Give people a break!

Visceir

Sub-only chat is a really bad move if they want to collect new followers/patrons, way to exclude anyone new who decides to watch them this year.

Shame about the botched panel recordings, hope the people who recorded it just upload it on youtube anyway. Also wish they would have used this opportunity to create a video of them just exploring the FanimeCon, would have liked to see Kyle getting some new gundams and anime prints.

wiibomb

Sub-only chat is a really bad move if they want to collect new followers/patrons, way to exclude anyone new who decides to watch them this year.

I could argue the contrary.

I started following a channel because of that rule. I still haven't subscribed, but I have found myself checking that channel a lot. It also made the chat really good since the amount of trolls was severely limited that way

Visceir

As for betting special. I think Brad is going to win and his is clearly the best persona, but I'd like Blood's stakes to happen. Including all the other allies in the betting is just making the betting specials overly long and complex...I guess all the weird rules aren't helping either.

Could have just stuck to the Gut Check Challenge bets and you would have had a nice, tight betting special.

Also, should have just dubbed actual godzilla sounds over Ben whenever he was talking, lol.

I'm fine with sub only comments, I don't tend to read them during the conference anyways.

I will say though that the main reason I don't sub on Twitch was that I upped my Patreon instead since I gather they get a better cut of it, which makes this a little odd. Not bothered in the least mind you, and I can definitely see why they'd do it.

Hasney

I asked them a little above you, they just replied saying they're off.

Sweet!

I was updating ezagifs.imgur.com before the UK exit polls made me go out and celebrate, but I should have them done in the next couple of days for all your got needs. It should be compressive.

Axass

I'm ok with sub-only comments, but that's because I'm subbed (free with Prime). I understand people not subbed that donate on Patreon could feel left out.

The whole panel thing is a damn shame from beginning to end, I hope Shadowmarba just releases the video, so we can watch it, no matter how bad it is. I appreciate the update on Patreon to clarify though.

Visceir

Just let the twitch chat be wild west and have the mods do their job while encouraging patrons/community members to join their discord or something. No "civil discussions" will be had in twitch chat on peak hours either way.

Bahorel

I'm subbed but I've never felt like commenting in chats that are this busy. No one replies to you and the likelihood of them reading and seeing you in the waterfall of comments is low when it's a large viewership and they're going to be focusing on the conference and not on chat. I just don't understand being upset about not being able to shout into the void that will probably not be seen or read, but if it's that important maybe it is worth the subscription for that one month of you really want to talk?

The only reason I like sub chat is so you don't have constant spamming of either hateful BS or just spambots in general

For E3 it will be in full swing. EZA aren't a big name compared to others but if some geniuses don't like them/want to cause problems it'll be really annoying. And as they said it gives their mods a break

LycanXIII

Just let the twitch chat be wild west and have the mods do their job while encouraging patrons/community members to join their discord or something. No "civil discussions" will be had in twitch chat on peak hours either way.

I understand wanting to help out the Mods and make it a little easier on them, but when one Mod is already in the comments talking about "the plan" and could seem like they're acting in charge, it doesn't look good compared to the 4/20 Cup of Jones where he talks about that disconnect between the different branches of the community.

Ultimadrago

I agree actually. Personally, I'm likely to be busy in other chat rooms anyways, but shaved chats (at least in term of Sub Only, not Follower Only so much) have hardly made the experience much better for me. Sure, there are "Mario Boobs" spammers, but they're always in the vast minority I find and easy enough to nab even with a full chat. Oh well.

I understand wanting to help out the Mods and make it a little easier on them, but when one Mod is already in the comments talking about "the plan" and could seem like they're acting in charge, it doesn't look good compared to the 4/20 Cup of Jones where he talks about that disconnect between the different branches of the community.

I haven't forgotten about that past Cup of Jones. I hope they're serious about making sure the moderation is not taking advantage of normal chatters. Whoever is out there sending emails about mod abuse, please continue to do so if applicable (ideally with proof). E3 is a high octane endeavor on all fronts.

To be fair, they are sort of in charge of chat. That's the whole point of being mods

I definitely get where you're coming from though. I don't voice it generally (no point) but if I see a mod come into chat with an attitude like "heyyy guys it's me, that's right, us mods huh" it's like yea ok thanks. Not watching for you, fam

Then again that's also me being petty so don't mind me. Lol

Kneefoil

A follower-only mode would probably be more ideal to start with, IMO. Sub-only would be if that still gets out of hand.

That being said, last year the main chat room was such a mess that we had the EasyGAF chat room which was a lot more comfy. If EasyGAF is active again this year, I guess I can just chill there.

ito007

not weather god, just a summoner of coldness, nothing more (he can't make a sunshine)

see? this is Brand Manager power.
I also believe he could potentially come to manipulate minds to convince millionaires
I like imagining Rainy Day Ian's power being something like that of calm emotions.

Btw I love this Double Down on Don. Great setup.

Ultimadrago

Also, I'm going to call Looney Tunes antics on Bosman and Huber for dogging Brad's final bet. A Final Fantasy 7 shadowdropped demo would be, in my eyes, ridiculous (all the more unlikely because of the switched hands in development).

It wasn't quite as crazy as Blood's, but it was fine and didn't need to add a release date.

emb

Blood's stakes were great. Would kinda like to see the alter-egos go. Other than Brand Manager, none of them are completely perfect. Was glad to see Bosman and Huber as themselves for this betting special.

That said, I think Brad made/ended up with the better bets overall. I expect to see him take it!

Fou-Lu

WARNING! Easy Allies Betting Special Fanfiction Ahead:

Coldblooded wins the belt and resets the timeline, ending the existences of himself as well as Ultima Brad, Brand Manager, Benzilla, More of a Sports Guy, Rainy Day Ian, Punished Huber and Unrepentant Bosman. All returns to normal. Or so it would seem...

~~~One year later~~~

It is the E3 Betting Special and we have Kyle vs. Huber once again! They start out strong and excited.

Elsewhere ominous music plays as a group clothed in black hoods gather.

Back to Huber and Kyle who seem to be losing steam, something feels wrong. Like they are forgetting something... Or perhaps someone?

Back to the hooded figures who have begun to chant and dance about a cauldron in some strange ritual.

Huber and Kyle have decided to give up on bets this year.

An obscured figure rises out of the cauldron in a flash of smoke and flames. The hooded people surrounding the cauldron lower their hoods to reveal the other allies with Jones at the head. Jones has half his hair slicked back and seems to be talking to himself, Jones one moment Brand Manager the next. It seems a piece of Brand Manager survived the Ice Age. Jones Manager bows to the figure in the cauldron and compliments them in the way only he could.

Back with Huber and Kyle, the skies above overcast, a storm has begun. From the shadows steps a new challenger. Ultima Brad has returned. For he will never be just a memory.

Cue betting special team up of Kyle and Huber versus Ultima Brad and his minions (Jones Manager).

Visceir

WARNING! Easy Allies Betting Special Fanfiction Ahead:

Ultima Brad will get more points but Huber/Bosman will make up some extra rules to sabotage him to get themselves back in the spotlight again.Cold blooded's stakes go in action, everything reverts back to the same old Huber vs Bosman betting specials.

...cue next year's E3 when Divine Ultima Brad somehow makes his way back again and is out for justice, now more ruthless than ever.

abrack08

Also, I'm going to call Looney Tunes antics on Bosman and Huber for dogging Brad's final bet. A Final Fantasy 7 shadowdropped demo would be, in my eyes, ridiculous (all the more unlikely because of the switched hands in development).

It wasn't quite as crazy as Blood's, but it was fine and didn't need to add a release date.

I don't agree. The final bet needs to be true pie-in-the-sky stuff. A demo for an announced/currently in development game doesn't come close to the precedent they've set with previous final bets.

Ultima Brad will get more points but Huber/Bosman will make up some extra rules to sabotage him to get themselves back in the spotlight again.Cold blooded's stakes go in action, everything reverts back to the same old Huber vs Bosman betting specials.

I just hope we can avoid another "Switch rhymes with switch" judgement debacle

ShadyK54

Haha, great lore.

They really REALLY should go deep into the lore.

Totally lol.

Dumb EZA betting specials fake lore (post timeline reset) that I made up past this point: personas & memories of the #NewEra timeline cease to exist, as the only remnant left behind is the EZA belt. No one remembers how it came to be, & it eventually is used as a tool in the backgrounds to bring back the #NewEra.

Cue Fou-Lou's idea of Huber/Bosman Uneasy Alliance. In my scenario, they team up to rid the timeline of the personas & the EZA belt forever, while resurrecting the Slusser Cup.

Thinking about lore in any medium is so dumb & fun lmao

abrack08

Actually now that I think about it, Brad and Blood both got the opportunity to compete for the belt in... Shady circumstances.

Brad won the right to challenge Huber in the PS4 Pro (and TGS?) bets when Kyle made super weird rules. Ian was closest on a majority of bets but Brad won overall because Ian was really far off on just one.

Blood had the aformentioned ref Damiani rule that "Switch" (the console) rhymes with "switch" (the word) during the Switch event. Can't remember if that actually changed who would've won though.

Zyrox

Just wanted to come in and say that watching Ben play (and fall in love with) Xenoblade Chronicles over the past few months was an amazing experience. Makes me really happy that he ended up liking it so much. Also makes me said that it has now come to an end. Can't wait for Ben's videos on XC, though.

Also shoutouts to all the Xenofriends. Some pretty chill and helpful people.

Bahorel

I shouldn't be surprised but there are some stupid fucking comments on the Wonder Woman Spoiler Mode

Yea i realized two seconds into the comments section that I will not be reading any more of them

Don't need to read any trash garbage opinions against Ian and feminism

Auctopus

I haven't forgotten about that past Cup of Jones. I hope they're serious about making sure the moderation is not taking advantage of normal chatters. Whoever is out there sending emails about mod abuse, please continue to do so if applicable (ideally with proof). E3 is a high octane endeavor on all fronts.

Agree with this. I said after that Cup of Jones how much I'd noticed the Mod "clique". It's mainly made up of relatively new fans as well and I've noticed them treat OG GT fans rudely or snobbishly. I mean, I've never sent emails cause I just feel like it's whining/snitching but I hope Brandon is serious about doing it.

As for the chat over E3, I think a sub-only mode is fine. EZA wouldn't lose out and would most likely gain subs/followers. But I can understand why people would get mad at that.

I'm gonna make that EZAGAF/E3 chat anyway

Auctopus

Boy, we almost look silly now

Ahaha, thank God.

I refused to stay up last night in case it lead to disappointment but I was reading the Exit Polls when I was going to bed last thinking "Damn, and it's E3 at the weekend too!"

Hung Parliament and an EZA E3. I'll take it!

MrMette

Boy, we almost look silly now

Well, if you want to break my countries (Belgium) record of most days without government (they couldn't decide on which parties to choose for the government), you have to break 541 days (which happened in 2010/2011 as far as I can see). I don't think it will be that bad.
I never really felt a difference with or without that government to be honest (although I am sure that for some jobs it was a bigger problem).

Not much you can do about it anyway. Just enjoy E3 :).

Axass

Agree with this. I said after that Cup of Jones how much I'd noticed the Mod "clique". It's mainly made up of relatively new fans as well and I've noticed them treat OG GT fans rudely or snobbishly. I mean, I've never sent emails cause I just feel like it's whining/snitching but I hope Brandon is serious about doing it.

As for the chat over E3, I think a sub-only mode is fine. EZA wouldn't lose out and would most likely gain subs/followers. But I can understand why people would get mad at that.

I'm gonna make that EZAGAF/E3 chat anyway

I've never been wronged by the mods but then again I post very seldom in chat. However I've heard more than once about mods not being great and nice to everyone, also a few threads on the EZA forums (with pics as proof) read as some sort of horror story, with people being ridiculed by mods for absolutely no reason.

Besides that, from what I've seen of them, the "holier-than-thou" attitude is strong, I'd like more laid back mods that do their (honestly not that difficult with this kind of community) job without wanting to constantly be in the spotlight.

I already suggested this in the comments of a Cup of Jones: just do a rotation every 6 months or so, with most if not all of the mods changing each time. This way nobody feels holier than anyone else, and if a mod becomes a problem you just switch it out at the chosen time without having to boot him unceremoniously.

Auctopus

Besides that, from what I've seen of them, the "holier-than-thou" attitude is strong, I'd like more laid back mods that do their (honestly not that difficult with this kind of community) job without wanting to constantly be in the spotlight.

This is bang-on the problem in my experience and I think the other issues (like the ones Brandon mentioned) stem from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom