• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conference hype:

Sony - Megatons, DMCV, it's all happening
Bethesda - Motherfucking Wolfenstein, Evil Within 2
EA - Need For Speed, The War of Stars
Ubi - Don't really care but they have the element of surprise generally (also cringe)
Nintendo - Mario will look good, I don't expect games I care about to be announced
Microsoft - Whatever

Axass

For me it's:

1 - Nintendo (because I have a Switch)
2 - Sony (because I will buy a PS4 sooner than later)
3 - Ubisoft (they always have a few surprises and also Mario + Rabbids)
4 - Bethesda (They create some cool games)
5 - Microsoft (never been into Xbox but curious about Scorpio)
6 - Devolver (they published some of my favourite indies)
7 - EA (bleah)

Charamiwa

Banned
1. Microsoft (new console, always hype, and they have a lot to prove)
2. Sony (always a good show, even if the games don't necessarily excite me)
3. Nintendo (my hype has been significantly lowered, but I think it'll be a solid show with a lot of release dates. Not really the spirit of E3 but I respect it)
4. Ubisoft (they have a lot to show, that should be interesting)
5. Bethesda (without Arkane here I'm not too excited)
6. EA (don't really care about Star Wars or sports game)

Devolver saying they aren't announcing any new games in their conference kills my hype

Though.....I have to wonder if they're only doing one because they don't have the Sony block anymore

Was really hoping to see Dennaton's new game

ShadyK54

For me:

1.) Sony: ...because it's Sony. Knowing that they'll be using the format that they did last year is enough for me.

2.) Microsoft: Even though I'm not invested enough to buy one when it comes out, it'll be cool to finally see what the Scorpio is & what it's gonna offer gaming in general. Very curious how they show & talk about their new console!

Everything else, it's whatever. I don't have a Switch (yet), so I can't help but not care about Nintendo right now. Bethesda could be cool, but I haven't been really hyped for them since 2015 (that was mostly my FO4 hype). EA = zzz, & im not sure what to expect of Ubi since Aisha Tyler is gone (not that I cared for their conferences when she hosted anyways). Also nothing excites me except AC potentially, if they show that off well.

I am excited to watch all of them with the Allies, though!

I think I'm gonna leave work early on Sunday night to catch Bethesda's in full this year (missed DOOM when they debuted it)

They're gonna have a beefy chunk for Wolfenstein, I can feel it. I need it

EDIT: Oh wow Bethesda's conference is late this year. 11pm my time lol (central US)

dickroach

1. Microsoft
2. Sony
3. Nintendo
---50 gallons of dog shit---
4. everything else

the XB1's been a dud for a while now. I think they're gonna come out swinging
Sony's gonna have a couple of "holy shit" moments. they always do
I think every decision Nintendo makes is idiotic. prove me wrong
dgaf about anything else. maybe I'll buy some of those games for $5 on Steam in a few years

jond76

Banned
Hype check!

1) MS: Scorpio, State of Decay 2 and hopefully some new announcements. They always have surprises.

2) Sony: Not sure what I expect from them. I have the console but care zero about Japanese games. I'm keeping a close eye on Days Gone.

3) EA: Battlefront 2 got me hyped.

3) Bethesda: If Starfield is real then its very interesting to me.

3) Ubisoft: Hope to hear about The Division.

4) Nintendo: Make me want a Switch.

I enjoy watching all the news. Can't wait.

UrbanRats

Almost no hype from me this year, which is good, so my expectations will be easier to meet.

Spiderman, is the one i look forward to seeing the most.

Dysun

Sony and Bethesda have been doing great with these, so I'm excited to see whats in store.
Nintendo and Ubisoft are hit and miss with a lot of stuff I don't care about mixed in.
Microsoft and EA are usually the worst, so I have little to no excitement for their conferences.

Auctopus

I don't want to turn this thread in to list wars but I really like the point made on last week's podcast. All of Bethesda's games that were shown last year are pretty much out which means they have a clean slate for this year - makes me excited.

Sony I think will just be a heavier focus on Spider-Man, Days gone, Sucker Punch and God of War. Maybe 1 or 2 surprises in there if not too much time is spent on 3rd party.

Bahorel

These Bully 2 rumors right now are killing me

tumblr_m7akr4ValZ1qg7qx4o3_250.gif

Rockk

1.Nintendo (They'll announce games that I'll actually be able to play in the next ~2 years. Assuming I can buy a Switch in that time.)
2. Bethesda (Quake Champions release date)
3. Ubisoft (AC:Origins might be neat if they actually addresses the franchises issues. Other than that Splinter Cell, Far Cry, UbiArt could make it an interesting conference. It could swing either way.)
4. Devolver (I'm not expecting anything huge but it could be neat. Some cool indies and 1 or 2 bigger games.)
5.PC Gaming Show (XCOM Expansion)
6.Microsoft (Might get some neat games on PC but I'll never buy a Scorpio so meh. I think they might show off 1 or 2 new IPs though. )
7.Sony (I know everyone loves their conferences but I've found them to be rather lackluster. Not a fan of most of their first party stuff. Not into Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, or Souls games. Not sure if they'll have anything for me. I have no intentions of buying a PS4 anyway so...)
8.EA (Not that invested into Star Wars, sports, or anything else they do. Bad Company 3 is about the only thing I could see myself actually getting excited about.)

Last year's E3 wasn't all that great imo. So I hope they can step it up and announce some games I'm interested in.

Somnia

Man I feel bad, I haven't had a chance to listen to anything from EZA for months or watch any streams, etc. :(

I'm so far behind, I don't know what's happened with my EZA family at all!

Time to catch back up on some past streams I guess before E3!

LycanXIII

Man I feel bad, I haven't had a chance to listen to anything from EZA for months or watch any streams, etc. :(

I'm so far behind, I don't know what's happened with my EZA family at all!

Time to catch back up on some past streams I guess before E3!

E3 Hype Stream is a must!

Bahorel

If we're talking rumours, a Bethesda sci-fi Elder Scrolls style game has me like

giphy.gif

Maybe that's why they said the regular elder scrolls installment is a long time off, the team is busy on the new adventure...?

Though I feel like they should have had more blank quadrants on their invitation picture if they are going to announce multiple things. The only things I'm counting on to see is Dishonored dlc and evil within 2

Mikey Jr.

Should we make a new thread for the betting special? And think we did last year, and someone wrote out all the bets.

Let's do that again. Write out all the bets, and make a new thread.

El-Suave

Conference hype:
Sony - most content that is tailored to me
Ubisoft - Love some of their franchises, good vibes
Bethesda - glad they still have a conference, expect some good games
Nintendo - Direct format deflates hype a bit, don't expect much from them this E3
Microsoft - should be interesting, but honestly it would take A LOT to get me to buy a Scorpio

Should we make a new thread for the betting special? And think we did last year, and someone wrote out all the bets.

Let's do that again. Write out all the bets, and make a new thread.

Do it! The betting specials always generate great discussion and introduce new people to the Allies.

Going to watch it now. Take some of the edge off this Election Day anxiety!

wiibomb

this patreon message:

Just like the rest of our E3 coverage, the betting special this year is so big you might even call it bloated. Somebody needs to stop us; we love this too much. See you this weekend!

I can't.. I CAN'T WITH THIS HYPE

These bets are really confusing and with the time limit thing some responses are a bit weird. Price difference between PS4 Pro and Scorpio will surely be at least $100.

Joqu

I don't know about ranking them, but here's my thoughts on the big 3 at E3. For some reason I'm not feeling it this year though, the only reason I've gotten a little excited for it has been Easy Allies content.

Nintendo: I'm almost always happy with what Nintendo brings to E3, but their presentations tend to be hit and miss and that's the only thing most people pay attention to. I looove stuff like Treehouse Live, but obviously there's no time EZA to cover all that the way they can cover a press conference, nor do I think there's much interest in them doing such a thing anyway. I'm just glad it's only 30 minutes long this time, but then again I know that's disappointing to other people. I really do enjoy the Direct format, I've never cared much for the crowd reaction shots and awkward cutaways live conferences tend to bring with them. I watch EZA for that stuff.

Sony: Well, they've been nailing it the past few conferences and they're in a great position, so I've got pretty high expectations. I really appreciate the focus on showing games over talking, but I will say I actually preferred 2015's format over 2016's. I do need a *little* bit of breathing room after a big announcement, and the pacing in 16 didn't allow for that to me. There was a whole lot of stuff there that I should have been very excited about that didn't affect me the way it should have because of that, but I know a lot of people were impressed by the way they presented things last year. It was very classy, I'll give it that. I'm expecting more of that.

Microsoft: They have failed to impress me for a while now, and now that I've gotten big on PC gaming I'm absolutely dreading any Scorpio focus, I'm just watching for the games. There position should make for an impressive conference though, they have a lot to prove this year. I'm quite excited about that, I'm just not sure if they'll deliver. My tastes do tend to lean Japanese (+ western RPGs which they can absolutely impress me with, but it's no guarantee), so I guess we just aren't the best fit.

Oh, I do want a 4K blu-ray player so I suppose MS could sell me on their hardware now I think about it. Hm.

anyway, time for bets now!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Their best betting script/show planning/framing around it.(I'm not even done yet)
Crazy shit they can still up the ante imagine how much more dynamic camera things they could do if they weren't confined to a small room to make it even more hype.
Put that on the list for possible studio perks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom