• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Suave

Next time they really should have one or all of the betting personas do a short in character Patreon reminder after the video. EZA bets are popular and a bunch of non Patrons might make the jump. The same goes for the E3 coverage, a short plug on their most viewed content won't hurt so I hope they don't forget to promote themselves a bit.

Axass

I'm ok with sub-only comments, but that's because I'm subbed (free with Prime). I understand people not subbed that donate on Patreon could feel left out.

I've been re-thinking about this and I kinda changed my mind. If I wasn't subbed but a patron I'd definitely be pissed. Make the chat follower only, or just let it run wild, it's not like people are going to have meaningful discussion during the conferences anyway, it'll just be hype message after hype message, no matter if it's sub only or free for all. This way they create an artificial and unnecessary divide among fans.

Karu

I would allow anyone or followers in chat based on the assumption alone that the chat is a clusterfuck either way.

When they e used follower only it worked well in the past for super busy streams. I'd say start there, if it gets out of hand then go to sub only. And for me I don't really plan on typing much in twitch chat until the nightly recaps Tues-Thurs.

Also I think their patreon numbers have hit an all new high. Let's see if E3 gives them any boost

Axass

Also I think their patreon numbers have hit an all new high. Let's see if E3 gives them any boost

They did and we're still early in the month. I think they're going to smash 6400 this month or get very close and we also get Trailer Jones for July.

Patreon's looking good ever since the anniversary stream, hope it doesn't lose momentum in the Summer like it did last year. If they semi-regularly announce one-off goals like Box Peek to keep the numbers up they'll be fine.

They did and we're still early in the month. I think they're going to smash 6400 this month or get very close and we also get Trailer Jones for July.

Patreon's looking good ever since the anniversary stream, hope it doesn't lose momentum in the Summer like it did last year. If they semi-regularly announce one-off goals like Box Peek to keep the numbers up they'll be fine.
A key event they need to do is an August super stream to do another drive/celebration

Maiar_m

I would allow anyone or followers in chat based on the assumption alone that the chat is a clusterfuck either way.

I would allow nobody for the same reasons!

I dislike Twitch chat a lot anyways. the Otoshi_gami (sp?) shtick really really gets on my nerve, so does the wall of emotes, the constant tries at getting the Allie's attention, everything. I do understand streamers enjoying the interaction though and limiting the scope of said interaction doesn't seem like a bad idea for them if they want to keep being able to follow chat in these high pressure times.

I would allow nobody for the same reasons!

I dislike Twitch chat a lot anyways. the Otoshi_gami (sp?) shtick really really gets on my nerve, so does the wall of emotes, the constant tries at getting the Allie's attention, everything. I do understand streamers enjoying the interaction though and limiting the scope of said interaction doesn't seem like a bad idea for them if they want to keep being able to follow chat in these high pressure times.
If he reallly bugs you that much just block him. It's not a hard thing to do. I find it harmless and I don't get how people get so upset about it or other things. Oh no. Emotes, heaven forbid!

demu

the Otoshi_gami (sp?) shtick really really gets on my nerve
6rEhhKB.gif

If he reallly bugs you that much just block him. It's not a hard thing to do. I find it harmless and I don't get how people get so upset about it or other things. Oh no. Emotes, heaven forbid!
Blocked him ages ago. Still shows up on the Twitch archives.

Maiar_m

-Maiar_m 2017
Well played.

And I don't get how people get so upset at others for not liking what they find "harmless" so there we are, at a stalemate. I don't find stream-long, often mistyped or misheard allies quotes funny, they're pollution as much as any other kind of chat flooding. They bring nothing. Emotes are fine, I'm just not a fan when they become the primary mean of expression. I've already fully admitted that chat was not for me, I don't care, the Twitch sub is just extra money to EZA and not everybody has to "get it".

And of course everything is "harmless". Did I just personally insult you somewhere for you to be that conflictual?

Bahorel

ugh i'm now a 100% tinfoil hat believer in Bully 2 after the Rockstar merch discovery posted last night and I'm setting myself up for heartbreak what is wrong with me

UrbanRats

ugh i'm now a 100% tinfoil hat believer in Bully 2 after the Rockstar merch discovery posted last night and I'm setting myself up for heartbreak what is wrong with me

Would R* really announce two games at once, though? I guess they did it with GTAV & Max Payne 3.

Could be another remaster, though the game is already on Ps4.

Tankard

I blocked him a while ago, but i watch something there mostly on archives and on it he remains unblocked. It is incredibly annoying.

Would R* really announce two games at once, though? I guess they did it with GTAV & Max Payne 3.

Could be another remaster, though the game is already on Ps4.

Rockstar have 10 studios with 4 on as full time development studios, I don't know how you can have that diversity in staff and only release a game every 4-5 years.

ShadyK54

Just had a dream where I was rushing myself because I missed a good chunk of EZA's first E3 stream of the weekend and was frustrated about it.

Tomorrow needs to get here already smh, my hype is at it's peak.

Bahorel

Rockstar have 10 studios with 4 on as full time development studios, I don't know how you can have that diversity in staff and only release a game every 4-5 years.

Yes and for reference, Redemption 1 was Rockstar San Diego and Bully was Rockstar Vancouver.

It's possible, but just odd. I mean I certainly had no dreams or delusions before that they could be making two of my dream games at once but everyone pointing out the drumming up of Bully merchandise in conjunction with Game Informers listing is having me shook

demu

I blocked him a while ago, but i watch something there mostly on archives and on it he remains unblocked. It is incredibly annoying.
Annoying CONFIRMED. :p

Sorry.

Can't believe it all starts tomorrow. The best thing is, aside from Bethesda and Sony, I can watch everything live and I have a strong feeling that I will. Maybe for the FIFA segment I'll change to the official stream, because I'm one of the "few" who actually cares about it. :D

UrbanRats

They are very big games and, going by R* Spouse accounts, and Max Payne 3 development, they don't seem super efficient.

Plus, i'm not saying they aren't working on multiple games at once, but when it comes to attention, they may want to release RDR2 before announcing something else.
It just seems more their style, now that they seem to have abandoned little side projects like Warriors or Manhunt.

Bahorel

They are very big games and, going by R* Spouse accounts, and Max Payne 3 development, they don't seem super efficient.

Plus, i'm not saying they aren't working on multiple games at once, but when it comes to attention, they may want to release RDR2 before announcing something else.
It just seems more their style, now that they seem to have abandoned little side projects like Warriors or Manhunt.

I agree with this statement which is why the whole thing is so bizarre. The focus should entirely be on Red Dead

Mikey Jr.

I really wish they would do an official eza E3 time table video. They did one last year, not sure why we aren't getting one this year.

I really wish they would do an official eza E3 time table video. They did one last year, not sure why we aren't getting one this year.

What do you mean? It's all on their website.

EA Pre-Show
8pm - 9pm on Twitch
Expectations and Predictions
EA Conference
9pm on Twitch
Reactions and One-Hour Post Show
Sunday, Jun 11th
Easy Update
6am on Youtube
Ian Hinck
Microsoft Pre-Show
10pm - 11pm on Twitch
Microsoft E3 Conference
11pm on Twitch
Monday, Jun 12th
Bethesda Pre-Show
5am - 6am on Twitch
Bethesda E3 Conference
6am on Twitch
PC Gaming Pre-Show
6pm - 7pm on Twitch
PC Gaming Show
7pm on Twitch
Reactions and Analysis
Ubisoft Pre-Show
9pm - 10pm on Twitch
Ubisoft E3 Conference
10pm on Twitch
Tuesday, Jun 13th
Sony Pre-Show
2am - 3am on Twitch
Sony E3 Conference
3am on Twitch
Nintendo Pre-Show
5pm - 6pm on Twitch
Nintendo E3 Spotlight
6pm on Twitch
Reactions and Analysis
Wednesday, Jun 14th
E3 2017 Coverage
5am - 9am on Twitch
Show Floor Impressions and Live Podcast
Thursday, Jun 15th
E3 2017 Coverage
5am - 9am on Twitch
Show Floor Impressions and Live Friend Code
Friday, Jun 16th
E3 2017 Coverage
5am - 9am on Twitch
Show Floor Impressions, Live Frame Trap, and Trailer Jones

Bahorel

Probably because it would really only be helpful to Americans since the times wouldn't be converted. Best to rely on their site to do that

Hasney

Yeah, I don't think the site was up this time last year. That said, I don't think the site gets a huge amount of traffic, so a video to inform people probably would be good.

AAK

Kyle and Huber inserting their final bets into the showdown makes no sense. How does that influence the result in any way?

Bad Game Balance.

EDIT: But well done to EZA for everything else. That intro really made me smile

And I don't get how people get so upset at others for not liking what they find "harmless" so there we are, at a stalemate. I don't find stream-long, often mistyped or misheard allies quotes funny, they're pollution as much as any other kind of chat flooding. They bring nothing. Emotes are fine, I'm just not a fan when they become the primary mean of expression. I've already fully admitted that chat was not for me, I don't care, the Twitch sub is just extra money to EZA and not everybody has to "get it".

And of course everything is "harmless". Did I just personally insult you somewhere for you to be that conflictual?
Naw It's all good. I just see him routinely called out as some focal point of everything wrong in EZA twitch chat and it seems over blown to me. It's a weird bit he does but it's not something I see much problem with. Hell there's been times when I'm distracted and I miss a funny thing someone said that got a reaction where those quotes came in handy. And I watch archives or twitch in general on iOS so it never has chat playback. So i didn't know it doesn't filter out blocked people in that.

Axass

Otoshi-Gami can certainly be a little annoying, but nothing so bad it makes you want to shut off the chat. - Axass 2017

Keep in mind friends....

You never know what someone might have going on IRL that makes them act a certain way in chat

On top of everyone just being a bunch of awkward nerds on Twitch

Not insinuating anything but ya never know, best to tolerate unless they're actually being harmful

- Brian_FETO 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom