• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Crossposting from EA conf thread.

Ive never watched either EZA or Giantbomb live stream, but I really like the EZA stream. They seem to be gamers like me, watching with joy. Giantbomb seems to be more professional or "negative", not sure why, might simply not be my taste.

So yeah, I really enjoy watching EZA right now.

mishakoz

You can always have the press conference source open in another window, you cant do the reverse with the Allies so I don't understand the complaint.

jett

D-Member
I have the clean straight from EA stream on another window and switch for trailers.

You can always have the press conference source open in another window, you cant do the reverse with the Allies so I don't understand the complaint.

That's more of a pain since the vids aren't in sync, and they're prone to lag anyway. Never gonna be in sync.

Giant Bomb has this stuff better proportioned. Only one eighth of the screen is the actual conference on EZA, that's a bit ridiculous.

I don't care much about EA but I'm not sure I'll be able to watch other conferences with the allies.

Maiar_m

That's more of a pain since the vids aren't in sync, and they're prone to lag anyway. Never gonna be in sync.

Giant Bomb has this stuff better proportioned. Only one eighth of the screen is the actual conference on EZA, that's a bit ridiculous.

I don't care much about EA but I'm not sure I'll be able to watch other conferences with the allies.
Yeah it's not the greatest fix. I hope they change the layout for the later conferences.

Here's a screencap with the death stare for y'all to enjoy:
DB_Qj8vXcAA4QNP.jpg

ShadyK54

If anyone would like adding to the Easy Allies GAF chat, just quote this with your Twitch username.

I understand that people have their own channels of communication for E3 but it could provide some respite from the main chat.

ShadyK54

Is this something I can switch to when watching on Twitch's mobile app?

For real?

That's almost a bit embarrassing lol

I'm just gonna chalk it up to the E3 highs/jitters lol. They reflected a bit after hearing Huber's & the battle stations own scores & criticisms.

Deimo5

They won't go GiantBomb style after setting up that backdrop. Seems to be about as good as it can be considering how they are set up currently.
Personally the screen is big enough for me, I can deal with it.

Drencrom

I'm just gonna chalk it up to the E3 highs/jitters lol. They reflected a bit after hearing Huber's & the battle stations own scores & criticisms.

I mean, it wasn't horrible, but it was pretty damn boring and predictable.

Only "A Way Out" was really interesting and unexpected imo

Auctopus

Weird, the Allies usually reflect more or less the same feelings about conferences that I do. But they were pretty positive on EA's conference where I think they efficiently displayed pretty much everything bad about a bad conference in each section.

Karu

Above all else - and the one true stunner of E3 so far - is Ian rating the EA conference so relatively high. Kyle, Ben... sure, especially the latter tries to see the good. But Ian? Show him the EA conference - any of their conferences - right after Sony 2016 and he quits the industry. :D

I just finished watching the EA conference. It honestly wasn't bad, if anything I'd say solely in the context of EA conferences that has to be the best I've seen

A Way Out looks really cool, NFS was cool, the sports stuff was kept to a minimum and there wasn't that much cringe all things considered. They've done way way worse

Bringing out the actress and shitting all over Battlefront 1 was the right call. The phony Youtuber impressions are hilarious though "THAT CLEAN UI, IS THAT GONNA BE IN THE FINAL GAME???"

Comparing EA and Sony conferences with same standards wouldn't make much sense doe. I mean, you can but that is pretty much admitting EA never will be able to do a good press conference because of what types of company they are (mainly sports games that many on GAF and the allies groan at). But looking at it from the standpoint of what EA is and what kind of games they make, it was a very solid conference. Especially they seem to realize that nobody gives a shit about 200 hour Fifa presentation with Pele on stage, even those who like the series.

The pacing was solid, it didn't drag on which was an EA first. They addressed all the biggest gripes on Battlefront franchise, Need for Speed showed well, A Way Out was more than I imagine any expected from EA to show, Battlefield DLC looked neat. It cannot be stressed enough how bad the last 2 years of EA E3 showings were compared to this.

As I said, you can judge EA and Sony for example with the same standards but it wouldn't make that much sense to give EA a 3 just because they didn't happen to show Metroid Prime 4 on their stage. Sure I get that many don't give a shit about what they had to show but there definately is an argument to be made that EA conference was solid for what it is and what they had to work with.

jett

D-Member
Above all else - and the one true stunner of E3 so far - is Ian rating the EA conference so relatively high. Kyle, Ben... sure, especially the latter tries to see the good. But Ian? Show him the EA conference - any of their conferences - right after Sony 2016 and he quits the industry. :D

I don't understand the scores at all. It's like they were going for some mid 2000's game review standards where an 8 is "average."

grimmiq

I was bored so watched it again with a timer, counting the esports and BF1 youtuber stuff as talk.

1hr18min total
TALK GAME
44 34

I think they expected the multiplayer match to run a bit longer and had the death replays and Ijustine ramble on for a bit afterwards to kill time.

If you stop before the Battlefront 2 multiplayer match

58min total
TALK GAME
40 18

Kyle was to generous and riding the E3 high. Giving that presser over an 8 was insanity lol. And since he spoke first he set a precedent to score it higher :p I'm glad Huber brought everyone back down to reality! Anyway, loved watching this stream, EZA is far and away my favorite group of gamers who have taken it upon themselves to act as a media outlet. Bravo dudes!

Kyle was to generous and riding the E3 high. Giving that presser over an 8 was insanity lol. And since he spoke first he set a precedent to score it higher :p I'm glad Huber brought everyone back down to reality! Anyway, loved watching this stream, EZA is far and away my favorite group of gamers who have taken it upon themselves to act as a media outlet. Bravo dudes!
Yea I said in the other thread he'll regret that score by the time Tuesday rolls around and the rest have presented.

luchadork

man, i feel really disconnected from the response on here hey. i thought the EA conference was really really good. i think people just want to shit on EA for EA's sake. ignoring the fact that their games are some of the most beloved around the world. and what they showed today was all those games, looking fucking fantastic.

man, i feel really disconnected from the response on here hey. i thought the EA conference was really really good. i think people just want to shit on EA for EA's sake. ignoring the fact that their games are some of the most beloved around the world. and what they showed today was all those games, looking fucking fantastic.
It wasn't MEGATONS but it was a solid showing of what they have

If people were expecting insane announcements from the company that doesn't do insane announcements that's on them

When's the last crazy announcement from them? Battlefront 1?

Nah, man. The conference was just extremely boring. The games looked okay to great, but any time something happened on stage that wasn't just straight up rolling the tape it was awful.

I don't think there was a single shred of relevant information during any of the long slogs of speech the executives had. It was nothing new, nothing you really needed to know... it was just stuff. Smoke and mirrors.

Then with the games, Madden's story mode actually looked fun! Aside from a couple surprises, everything else has the visual identity of what you expect, so you need to come up with ways to make them look interesting. That NBA Live demonstration when they were just playing a replay? Yikes.

I don't mind if you liked the conference, but don't discount our negative opinions as hating something for no reason. There was plenty to criticize in that performance.

grimmiq

If you like sports games, great, it was probably a pretty damn good conference.
A way out looks great, I don't like the Co-Op only. Makes me worry about how they'll handle progression. Is your save file locked with your partner? Are there episodes with no persistent items/choices? Select the episode you're on and search for someone online on the same one?
Need for Speed trailer was terrible, too many Slo-Mo shots and cutscenes. Game looks great visually, and probably plays great too, but the trailer was ass. The Allies were right, it reminded me of Burnout, but when your trailer makes me want another game more than the one you're showing off, you screwed up.
Anthem was a CG trailer(or ingame 4k, in which case it does look damn pretty), it was basically just "Hey, you're going to see something cool tomorrow, but remember, we made it."
A lot of people complaining that Destiny 2 looks like Destiny 1.5, and that's basically what Battlefront 2 seems to be. The Multiplayer match was handled terribly, between the commentators and the constant stream of bad choices when choosing which screen to show. Like when they followed a ship for like 5 seconds flying directly up, then swung around to fly downwards, we got about 1 second of a full view of the map, where I could take in everything that's going on around the battlefield, then immediately cut to someone on the ground. 16min match and I don't think we saw the perspective of the Light Side heroes once, Solo getting instantly cut down by Maul, and Rey going down 1v1 to a droid in the background.
As much crap as the Allies give to conferences showing guys working at their desks/computers, EA today went a step further, and showed a goddamn focus test group.

The conference as a whole was mediocre with A Way Out being head and shoulders above everything else. I'd put the Men In Blazers segment in the top 3 moments of that conference, and that was 2 guys I'd never seen before talking about how handsome Ronaldo is.

dickroach

If you like sports games, great, it was probably a pretty damn good conference.

the Madden story mode trailer was a cool 60 seconds out a 75 minute press conference.
other than that: nah.
showing the top 100whatever people in the world going "no, seriously, this game's really competitive" for 10 minutes does nothing.
showing "but the graphics are really better this time" isn't impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom