• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadyK54

I'm so happy everything worked out fine.

No tech issues! Audio sync was perfect, video was on focus, the sync between their reactions and the videos was on point.

I was always a nitpicker for their tech issues, so I think its fair that I congratulate them for getting everything going smoothly for E3.

Hey, no more junior lol.

But yeah, the stream was smooth! Didn't notice any hiccups at all, which is great news for the streams heading forward & past E3.

Paches

Why would Geoff make a fake claim to make MS come off better in a few hours? He is one of the few respected games reporters left that prides himself on his credibility. This would look bad for him if he was wrong.

Microsoft is gonna put up $499, then master chief and Marcus fenix with come in, chainsaw and shoot away the number and leaving a $399.

Geoff is playing into the show boating cause he's part of the scheme!

Why would Geoff make a fake claim to make MS come off better in a few hours? He is one of the few respected games reporters left that prides himself on his credibility. This would look bad for him if he was wrong.

Yep. If this thing isn't $499, Geoff loses so much credibility.

Auctopus

Well, the MS Conference just got a lot more interesting for me.

$399 and I suspect Keighley was used to make the price appear more appealing, $499 and well... yikes. If it's $399, I reckon the price will come at the end, if it's $499, the price will be at the beginning.

Hasney

There's going to be a METLDOWN when $499 is announced. People doing all kinds of mental gymnastics to believe $399 is coming.

Even if $399 is announced, there will be a meltdown calling for Geoff's head from some of the crazies in that thread. It's going to be a fun ride.

I don't care, my PC is already more powerful, but I can't wait for the fun.

Well, the MS Conference just got a lot more interesting for me.

$399 and I suspect Keighley was used to make the price appear more appealing, $499 and well... yikes. If it's $399, I reckon the price will come at the end, if it's $499, the price will be at the beginning.

If Keighley is being "used", its to soften the blow. That's the only possibility.

I'm believing a 100% on the $499.

Tankard

If Keighley is being "used", its to soften the blow. That's the only possibility.

I'm believing a 100% on the $499.

This is me too, unless one believes Geoff woke up this morning thinking "you know what? i don't leak stuff, but i will start today". It's clear to me they let him leak that, not in a evil way people seem to think, it softens the blow.
I don't believe it. but if this is to create a "399" narrative, then ouch.

BenJafaar

Neo Member
Hey guys new EZA Fan here.

I want to watch E3 along EZA but I don't like their setup(conference small screen, reactions big screen).

Is there a way to watch the conference in full screen.... ok while I'm typing this i realized I could sync up a YouTube stream to match theirs.

Still if someone has another idea pls fell free to share.

L&R. Keep up the great work Bois.

Bahorel

Hey guys new EZA Fan here.

I want to watch E3 along EZA but I don't like their setup(conference small screen, reactions big screen).

Is there a way to watch the conference in full screen.... ok while I'm typing this i realized I could sync up a YouTube stream to match theirs.

Still if someone has another idea pls fell free to share.

L&R. Keep up the great work Bois.

This isn't another idea but just a suggestion that if you can watch twitch on your PlayStation or something you can get it on your big screen and that way the conference can be about the size of a laptop or so while still watching the whole thing

Me personally I'll watch their stream as is today (don't care about fidelity as much), and tomorrow I'll watch Sony solo and then go back for their commentary

Hasney

If you're wanting to watch the MS conference full screen, I would recommend MS's own Mixer. I watched GBomb do some stuff through it and the quality, even at 1080p, is fantastic.

EDIT: Scrap that. Pausing and resuming resumes from live so can't sync.

Tankard

This isn't another idea but just a suggestion that if you can watch twitch on your PlayStation or something you can get it on your big screen and that way the conference can be about the size of a laptop or so while still watching the whole thing

Me personally I'll watch their stream as is today (don't care about fidelity as much), and tomorrow I'll watch Sony solo and then go back for their commentary

Problem about that is syncing, if you are watching them and care about the reactions, doing that will spoil this for you.

Youtube and pausing until syncing with their feed is the way to go.

Yea I like them being majority of the screen. They are there to react and talk over the conference. If you want the larger feed you can always get that elsewhere to watch first, simultaneously, or later, but if they made themselves smaller then there would be no way to watch them talk and react later in a decent way.

They might be able to make the conference screen a little bigger though.

Bahorel

Problem about that is syncing, if you are watching them and care about the reactions, doing that will spoil this for you.

Youtube and pausing until syncing with their feed is the way to go.

No no I'm just saying watch the EZA feed on your tv and the conference will be big enough to see lol

ShadyK54

Yea I like them being majority of the screen. They are there to react and talk over the conference. If you want the larger feed you can always get that elsewhere to watch first, simultaneously, or later, but if they made themselves smaller then there would be no way to watch them talk and react later in a decent way.

Seconded.

UrbanRats

Again, there is a LOT of wasted space.
I don't even think space to stand up is that crucial, i know gifs of Huber freaking out have gone viral, being good promotion, but i don't think that should be a priority, since it's not something they're actively fishing for.

TBH it's not that big of a deal though, since i watch the trailers themselves later anyway.

I DO wish they kept the conference's feed volume higher though, yesterday i had the volume high to hear what was being said during the EA show, and their voives were super loud.

Bahorel

Just got back with my conference eats (Chipotle) and I'm excited even if I don't have an Xbox. I'm hoping for the premiere of AC Origins. I also think Geoff is right

Karu

It is wildly known that EZA fake their reaction at every opportunity they get, so, when it is announced today, that the Scorpio will be 59,99$ in an unprecedented move by Microsoft to price out the competition, I hope EZA have their schock-faces locked and loaded.

20 minutes to go for start of the stream. Oh boy. Love the fact that they won't cut away during down time between Xbox and Bethesda!

Same, it feels too dumb to be true after thinking MS were going to be aggressive. It's dead outside the US with the currency conversion if true, even in the UK where we still buy the console.

I don't think Microsoft as a larger corporation has any interest in aggressive pricing that will lose them money. Scorpio and Pro are both designed to be premium, high margin options.

Perhaps it was done to soften the blow, so that the price won't be as shocking during the reveal at the conference.

That's exactly my belief, especially given the "ARG" that led to that old magazine cover and 10/10/2017 expected release date which I think was never planned as an ARG at all.

Tsosie

I DO wish they kept the conference's feed volume higher though, yesterday i had the volume high to hear what was being said during the EA show, and their voives were super loud.

I do agree with the volume. It was just a touch too low in the last stream. Not terribly low, but I could have used a little more

The weekly show isn't currently going, but YouTube Gaming is a much bigger thing. It's a subset of YouTube that kind of filters things toward gaming-centric creators, and they do have special event coverage, featured content, etc. from time to time.

Okay, that makes sense. A bit concerned we were going to lose Bosman for a bit there again. But if it's just for youtube's coverage on the MS presser, that's cool. Hope it brings some more attention to him.

Lexad

Yeah I hope journalists moving forward call Microsoft (and Sony because they have been bad about this too) on this BS about not being clear what they mean when they say exclusive.

Welp I was wrong. Geoff was right on the price. I'm passing on it at that price. Already own a pro and play almost everything on PS/PC. So I'm good

I didn't think it would be 399 tho it wouldn't have been an impossibility if MS wanted to be really aggressive with their high end product.

I feel like the gap between Pro and X are a little understated. While the CPU (with good reason) gets a lot of flak the GPU is a sizeable upgrade to Pro let alone PS4 or XBO. Also 12 gigs of RAM is a big deal for a ''half step'' and definately one thing pushing up the price. The console itself is also surprisingly small.

I'm not entirely sure yet if I will buy one. I think as a much more Sony oriented gamer it's exiting to think that it gives sort of a high bar for PS5 to challenge. It is a very sleek and powerful box and in 2 or 3 years Sony will need to show why it is outdated and what they can do to push hardware and software to sell the ''true'' next generation.

mishakoz

That has to be the first ever press conference where Halo was never mentioned. Oh wait they did mention Halo Wars 2.

I can't believe they didn't mention MMC or Halo 5 weren't in the list of 4K upgrades. What the hell?

I mean it's a franchise that's losing steam after a bunch of subpar games. (Subpar for Halo)

That said, creating a 4k remaster of the best Halo game would have probably done a lot of good.

Cindro

Is there any sort of supercut video of all the times Huber says "X will reveal himself"? It's my new favorite thing. In the most recent Huber Syndrome, there was that "Harry Potter will reveal himself" line, which absolutely cracked me up. Then, I started watching their old Switch unveiling stream, and while discussing the Mario x Rabbids rumor, Huber said "Will Rayman reveal himself?"

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing at it. This is clearly some awesome phrase he uses with some degree of regularity, and I need to watch every instance of him saying it!

Is there any sort of supercut video of all the times Huber says "X will reveal himself"? It's my new favorite thing. In the most recent Huber Syndrome, there was that "Harry Potter will reveal himself" line, which absolutely cracked me up. Then, I started watching their old Switch unveiling stream, and while discussing the Mario x Rabbids rumor, Huber said "Will Rayman reveal himself?"

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing at it. This is clearly some awesome phrase he uses with some degree of regularity, and I need to watch every instance of him saying it!

I _think_ the original was ''Will J. J. Abrams reveal himself'' for a bet about Star Wars Battlefront reveal in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom