• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, i feel really disconnected from the response on here hey. i thought the EA conference was really really good. i think people just want to shit on EA for EA's sake. ignoring the fact that their games are some of the most beloved around the world. and what they showed today was all those games, looking fucking fantastic.

In the last year I've bought Mass Effect, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and NHL 17 and I've been happy w/all of those...with that said, just nothing at all moved the needle for me significantly during this conference. MAYBE Anthem might be that tomorrow, but today, it's a whole lot of nothing. As someone who just likes but not loves Star Wars, 30 minutes of Star Wars that features dev interviews and a full MP match honestly did just about zero for me and nothing "wowed" me. Just seemed like a sequel to Battlefront, a game I thought was just ok.

Need For Speed seemed fine, but that's never been my game, and also knowing about it in advance robbed some of the "hype" away from that reveal.

Story mode in Madden seemed slightly interesting, but I doubt I'm purchasing a Madden game any time soon.

Things I liked: Battlefield 1 maps and the inevitable stream of Huber/Brad playing A Way Out (almost definitely won't purchase myself).

So yeah, nothing really excited me here considering a future EZA stream and some DLC were my personal main two pluses from this conference. With that said, certainly much better than last year. I'm happy for y'all that found something for you in this conference, just nothing did it for me.

THINGS I WANTED FROM EA:
-My dream revival, NCAA Football
-Mass Effect news
-Titanfall news
- Skate 4
-NHL 18 news
-Probably not their fault, but EA Access on PS4
-Amy Hennig Star Wars game news
-Just some new IP's announced. Like I said, Anthem might be cool, but today it means nothing to me. I just wanted some new stuff (NFS and NBA Live aren't that). Even if Ubisoft mostly isn't for me, love how they bring a massive AAA unannounced game to E3 each year.

Deimo5

I'm not into Star Wars or multiplayer shooters so for half the conference I wasn't really paying attention.
I did like the look of NFS: Payback and A Way Out though.
ed: Real people hyping up a fictitious player was weird

Arrrammis

Disappointed that there was no Titanfall 2 mention in the main conference, but oh well. A Way Out and the volume of content about Star Wars kind of balanced out the terrible sports games showing, overall a pretty average conference to me.

Aters

The best part is when real world players say stuff like "I've never seen anyone play like Alex Hunter".

Of course you haven't! He's not real!

ShadyK54

I wish we had gotten 10 minutes of single player instead of 30 minutes of "personalities" showcasing multiplayer.

I really wanna see what that campaign looks like.

Mikey Jr.

He works with Geoff, hosting and preshow segments. He did it last year (or was it Jones?) and it'll be good to get more EZA exposure to a large streaming audience

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Bosman ever promoted eza on Geoff youtube channel. Not sure if he could.

El-Suave

Ok, I've watched highlights of live reactions on the EA conference at a few other outlets in the meantime and I must really compliment the Allies for finding the right balance between talking and listening during a conference. You can actually get the little E3 moments like the unique personalities of the presenters here while others just talk over them, missing the jokes they might make or the information they provide. Really well done!

Finally caught up to the EZA conference. Really surprised by the high scores on the main desk. I was waiting for someone to chime in with an opinion similar to mine and I'm glad that Brad delivered on that front.

EA was a fun watch with the Allies. But boy, still a dreadfully boring conference. The quality can only go up from here.

Mikey Jr.

Last year he had "Easy Allies" under his name graphic iirc

Ohh, gotcha.

Finally caught up to the EZA conference. Really surprised by the high scores on the main desk. I was waiting for someone to chime in with an opinion similar to mine and I'm glad that Brad delivered on that front.

EA was a fun watch with the Allies. But boy, still a dreadfully boring conference. The quality can only go up from here.

I think the thing with me is that EA has sports, and I literally could not care less about sports. So whenever they bring it up, my brain literally shuts off.

No other conference has sports, so yeah, EA conference will always be the worst. I kind of wish that EA split the conference up into 2 parts. Tune in at 3:00 to watch the sports segment. Tune in at 3:30 to watch the rest. Wish they did it like that. If you love the sports games, that half hour will be heaven for you. If you don't, the other half hour will be heaven.

Bonus question: how was their twitch numbers this year? I think they hit 8k I believe? Had to bounce a little early, but was that more than last year?

I think the thing with me is that EA has sports, and I literally could not care less about sports. So whenever they bring it up, my brain literally shuts off.

No other conference has sports, so yeah, EA conference will always be the worst. I kind of wish that EA split the conference up into 2 parts. Tune in at 3:00 to watch the sports segment. Tune in at 3:30 to watch the rest. Wish they did it like that. If you love the sports games, that half hour will be heaven for you. If you don't, the other half hour will be heaven.

This is the first year in a while they've split up the sports stuff as previously the sports half would get a ton of people tuning out.

I thought they paced it really well, best they've done in as long as I can remember. Like you said, they have a big portfolio of sports titles so they are kinda stuck being this kind of conference.

All in all much better than expected, which is disappointing as an entertaining train wreck is more interesting to me than a solid well done 7/10 effort with this kind of lineup.

I wonder how Ubisoft will fare. I loved Aisha so her absence will likely be felt, I was reminder of that by Janina Gavankar today. She fucking nailed it and having someone else run Ubisoft is going to be tough.

He works with Geoff, hosting and preshow segments. He did it last year (or was it Jones?) and it'll be good to get more EZA exposure to a large streaming audience

That youtube gaming stuff is still going?

I remember Geoff doing a weekly episode with it late last year with Kyle having a segment on it, but the viewership was next to abysmal on it and it stopped.

Figured they'd put a nail on that. Or is this something else, just an E3 thing?

That youtube gaming stuff is still going?

I remember Geoff doing a weekly episode with it late last year with Kyle having a segment on it, but the viewership was next to abysmal on it and it stopped.

Figured they'd put a nail on that. Or is this something else, just an E3 thing?

The weekly show isn't currently going, but YouTube Gaming is a much bigger thing. It's a subset of YouTube that kind of filters things toward gaming-centric creators, and they do have special event coverage, featured content, etc. from time to time.

Philippo

Brad and Huber already getting treats, KHIII and Evil Within 2.

EA conference was a snoozefest as always, a way out was the only real wow moment from me, while BF2 looked ok but i wanted the campaign, and Anthem reveal was lame.

The only way they could have saved themselves was to announce Skate 4 or Visceral's SW, so... nope!

Kneefoil

EA was alright. A Way Out and Need for Speed looked good, and the sports game trailers were well shot and edited, even though I'm not interested in them otherwise. I'm glad we saw some Battlefront 2, but I feel like showing a 30-minute match was the wrong way of going about it. It got stale after a little while. They also still had too much talking, and too little games, too, although Men in Blazers and the A Way Out guy were pretty entertaining as far as E3 presenters usually go.

Pretty much the only game in the EA conference that I actually might be interested enough to get myself is Need for Speed, but I need to see more of that. Did not like how often the demo seemed to take control out of the player's hands for crashes and cutscenes. Hopefully the full game won't be like that.

I'll give EA Play 2017... a 6.4. It was swimming around the in the high sixes and low sevens, but the way Battlefront 2 was presented dragged the score down a bit.

Charamiwa

Banned
Ok, I've watched highlights of live reactions on the EA conference at a few other outlets in the meantime and I must really compliment the Allies for finding the right balance between talking and listening during a conference. You can actually get the little E3 moments like the unique personalities of the presenters here while others just talk over them, missing the jokes they might make or the information they provide. Really well done!

Yeah I agree. I watched a bit of Kinda Funny and Giant Bomb (mainly to see their reactions to A Way Out) and I have to say EZA is really the right balance for me:
- Kinda Funny were eating and barely looking at the screen, don't know what they were thinking really.
- Giant Bomb are good but I feel they try too hard one upping each other and telling jokes about everything. I feel like I'm watching a bunch of friends watch The Room or something.
- EZA have some professionalism and take it seriously just enough, while still laughing and enjoying themselves. They way they reacted to NFS, saying how it was exactly what Huber wanted was really nice for instance.

Of course it's just an observation on the way everyone do things, I like all of them for different reasons and I get why people gravitate towards one or the other.

Auctopus

That massively sucks that EW2 has leaked like that, hopefully Huber avoids it.

In other news, cutscenes in KH3 look phenomenal. It's telling that we're still only seeing Hercules world though. I wonder if the new world reveal will be the Big Hero 6 world they talked about last year.

Hasney

In other news, cutscenes in KH3 look phenomenal. It's telling that we're still only seeing Hercules world though. I wonder if the new world reveal will be the Big Hero 6 world they talked about last year.

Nah, they talk leaks in the pre show. He'll know.

jett

D-Member

Didn't know he worked with Geoff at E3 last year (or didn't notice lol.) Only seen Bosman at Geoff's Youtube Gaming show and the Game Awards.

Yeah I agree. I watched a bit of Kinda Funny and Giant Bomb (mainly to see their reactions to A Way Out) and I have to say EZA is really the right balance for me:
- Kinda Funny were eating and barely looking at the screen, don't know what they were thinking really.
- Giant Bomb are good but I feel they try too hard one upping each other and telling jokes about everything. I feel like I'm watching a bunch of friends watch The Room or something.
- EZA have some professionalism and take it seriously just enough, while still laughing and enjoying themselves. They way they reacted to NFS, saying how it was exactly what Huber wanted was really nice for instance.

Of course it's just an observation on the way everyone do things, I like all of them for different reasons and I get why people gravitate towards one or the other.

Kinda Funny really dropped the ball. They couldn't get the stream to not stutter on full screen and then they just started eating. Not even looking at the footage, just unwrapping their food and focusing on that with silence.

Kinda Funny really dropped the ball. They couldn't get the stream to not stutter on full screen and then they just started eating. Not even looking at the footage, just unwrapping their food and focusing on that with silence.

Yeah i was really shocked about that. Technical problems is one thing, but this was the only conference of the day and it was only an hour long....you couldnt eat before or after?

Hasney

Practicing my sync game with New Japan Pro Wrestling on TV and a podcast of New Legacy inc talking over it. So far so good.

Bahorel

If it's not Big Hero 6, my guess would be Frozen

Knowing EW2 exists and it's Mikami is super hype going into the conference

Especially since it's not like screenshots/synopsis leaked. And it won't be like last year where everyone wants to see that and Wolf and neither show up

This is our year friends

Hasney

$499 for Scorpio? I don't believe it. It feels like someone is getting played. But if true then Cold Blooded wins that bet.

Same, it feels too dumb to be true after thinking MS were going to be aggressive. It's dead outside the US with the currency conversion if true, even in the UK where we still buy the console.

Yeah it just feels weird.

More so coming from Geoff.

Isn't part of his job to know a lot of stuff we don't and not leak it?

That's the other weird part. This is something Jason from Kotaku would post, not Geoff. It definitely ramped up my anticipation for the conference. I was warming up to the idea of an Xbox one upgrade at $399 this fall. But not $499.

Yeah it just feels weird.

More so coming from Geoff.

Isn't part of his job to know a lot of stuff we don't and not leak it?

Perhaps it was done to soften the blow, so that the price won't be as shocking during the reveal at the conference.

Either way, $499 is mental and would make this DOA.

I'm so happy everything worked out fine.

No tech issues! Audio sync was perfect, video was on focus, the sync between their reactions and the videos was on point.

I was always a nitpicker for their tech issues, so I think its fair that I congratulate them for getting everything going smoothly for E3.

slash3584

Perhaps it was done to soften the blow, so that the price won't be as shocking during the reveal at the conference.

Either way, $499 is mental and would make this DOA.

Yep that could also be it, with all the 399$ rumors lately maybe they want to keep expectations in check.

Or like someone else said in the other thread, maybe there are 2 skus so the price is still amazing and Geoff keeps his reputation intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom