• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindro

I'm so excited to spend my first E3 with the Allies! I know some their reactions are considered legendary to people, but I've never gone back to watch them freak out over whatever the big hype moments were in the past (was Shenmue 3 one of them?)

I've also really enjoyed the first three episodes of Cup of Jones so far. It's really awesome that he's so transparent about things going on behind-the-scenes.

Though from the betting special thread, I found out Kyle thinks ALttP is a bad game. This is a sin most grievous, but I suppose I can find it in my heart to forgive him.

Only forty minutes until their E3 coverage begins! Hype thrusters, ENGAGE!

Tsosie

I've also really enjoyed the first three episodes of Cup of Jones so far. It's really awesome that he's so transparent about things going on behind-the-scenes.

That is one of the best aspects of Cup of Jones. The Q/A feels almost like an investor's meeting.

Fou-Lu

Though from the betting special thread, I found out Kyle thinks ALttP is a bad game. This is a sin most grievous, but I suppose I can find it in my heart to forgive him.

I have come to realize if Kyle really likes a game I will probably really like it too, but if he doesn't like a game his reasons for doing so probably won't affect my like or dislike of it.

There's a lot of places in Indian where women have to cover up. The country also has a sizeable Muslim population. Comment seems fine to me.

The assumption is a bit racist.

Didn't know a post in this thread is a spotlight.
No it's not. He's basing it off what was shown at psx. It had a very middle eastern look and feel. It was only revealed it was India afterwards, which he didn't know until Kyle corrected him. And you just casually saying Jones was racist in the podcast with no other mention is the ultimate low effort crap posting. A total bait move to draw responses on a very flimsy claim.

Karu

Watched all episodes of GT Not Funny and the Konami Supercut 2010 Reaction stream from last year as last minute warm-up exercises. Preparing some cheap food and them I am ready to gooo.

N° 2048

No it's not. He's basing it off what was shown at psx. It had a very middle eastern look and feel. It was only revealed it was India afterwards, which he didn't know until Kyle corrected him. And you just casually saying Jones was racist in the podcast with no other mention is the ultimate low effort crap posting. A total bait move to draw responses on a very flimsy claim.

Straight up. Well said.

Auctopus

If anyone would like adding to the Easy Allies GAF chat, just quote this with your Twitch username.

I understand that people have their own channels of communication for E3 but it could provide some respite from the main chat.

Tsosie

If anyone would like adding to the Easy Allies GAF chat, just quote this with your Twitch username.

I understand that people have their own channels of communication for E3 but it could provide some respite from the main chat.

ZekeBaker34

Do not know a thing about additional Twitch chats though.

demu

E3 starts

ROL7sZs.gif

Karu

Hope you still catch this, anyway: Karu55

Thanks!

Mista Koo

Even assuming it was in the one or two "countries" in the world where women have to cover up, it's totally ok to think that this would be a game where you have to cover up and sneak or you will be killed by the evil Muslims? That's a whole other can of worms that is equally as problematic!

It's not fair to lump it all on Jones but his statement is ignorant to say the least. It doesn't help that the game itself evokes racist imagery reminiscent of homeland's disgustingly racist ad. Or that the developers themselves literally said India is cool because they have a lot of "weird deities."

Right, it's not like that I want to call out behavior I think is problematic. I listened to the podcast while I was out so I didn't have the exact timestamp to type his exact words, and that's all he said about the game that could be considered racist.

And regardless of whether he knew it was in India or not. Countries where women have to cover up are less than three. Maybe he should educate himself on the middle east.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom