• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the allies' stuff so far. I hope they're having fun!

Kyle is doing a great job over with the YouTube gaming stuff, too. He's great at holding back and fitting in with whomever they pair him with, but he still brings some nice authentic moments on camera.

Can't wait for all the conferences to wrap up so we can get some cool reactions and coverage from Jones and co.

Paches

its so nasty and shameful. I hope the allies don't give it the time of day. The guy is backtracking after the Microsoft publishing woman tweeted at him but I don't believe it at all. His attempt at PR

He realized his future is in jeopardy. His true feelings are already out there, it is clear where he actually stands, MS shouldn't let him try and "make good" after his remarks.

Visceir

Dragging politics into community threads, always a great idea!

Huber getting upset over the Devolver 'conference' somehow managed to make it even more entertaining. Strange reaction.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Dragging politics into community threads, always a great idea!

Huber getting upset over the Devolver 'conference' somehow managed to make it even more entertaining. Strange reaction.

From a non American point of view what about it is politics? To me it seems simply morals nothing political about that, like what's the radical political agenda here?
I'm not supporting this cause the creator seems to have views that I find morally unacceptable with them being not in tune with equality, I don't feel like that's political at all. But not like this post surprises me in the least.

mishakoz

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1389528

Just work your way through this thread and you'll get there

I think I was out the country when all this gamergate stuff went down... I have very little idea of what it's about, two things though-

1) Damn, all those people turn on him/the game very quickly. I don't think he's making it solo so it's kind of unfortunate that the rest of the dev team is dragged down by it. Whatever GG is people feel very passionately about it.

2) the question of seperating the art from the artist is an interesting one. I don't buy Phil fish games because I think he's a tool

Bahorel

I think I was out the country when all this gamergate stuff went down... I have very little idea of what it's about, two things though-

1) Damn, all those people turn on him/the game very quickly. I don't think he's making it solo so it's kind of unfortunate that the rest of the dev team is dragged down by it. Whatever GG is people feel very passionately about it.

2) the question of seperating the art from the artist is an interesting one. I don't buy Phil fish games because I think he's a tool

In this case he's not separating his art from his ideology.

KmpDjSb.png

A game literally made in response to gamergate to fight back against women. I'm appalled and saddened

Maiar_m

In this case he's not separating his art from his ideology.

KmpDjSb.png

A game literally made in response to gamergate to fight back against women. I'm appalled and saddened

Yeah, hard pass as well. Separating art from the artist is a comfort we could all do without IMO.

Auctopus

Okay, I think we can agree he's a less than reputable character. I don't think we need 10 foot Twitter scans to prove it lol

Quote the images BBoy?

Karu

I think you should read up about on it regardless as it was an rather important aspect of the industry back then and the effects can still be felt, but in general just as advice, probably never post in another GAF thread about "What is GG REALLY about?" in 2017, it's not a good look on here lol. (I mean this genuinely, no point to further this here, just thought you should know! =) )

Now Ubi, Sony and Nintendo are left - the real meat of the show. The first half kinda moved very slowly. Having E3 conferences dragged out over so many days blows to be honest. Well, anyway, coolcoolcool! =)

Edit: I was a bit tuned out yesterday at the end there, do I remember correctly, that Ian moderates today?

ShadyK54

I think you should read up about on it regardless as it was an rather important aspect of the industry back then and the effects can still be felt, but in general just as advice, probably never post in another GAF thread about "What is GG REALLY about?" in 2017, it's not a good look on here lol. (I mean this genuinely, no point to further this here, just thought you should know! =) )

Now Ubi, Sony and Nintendo are left - the real meat of the show. The first half kinda moved very slowly. Having E3 conferences dragged out over so many days blows to be honest. Well, anyway, coolcoolcool! =)

Edit: I was a bit tuned out yesterday at the end there, do I remember correctly, that Ian moderates today?

Not sure. I know he mentioned he was going to take notes of last year's PC Gaming Show when he got home, so maybe?

Alucrid

Banned

gamergate is mainly the harassment (death threats, doxing, etc.) of, mainly, women within the video game industry under the guise of "ethics in video game journalism." there's a lot more to it which would take a lot more time and mental anguish to type out due to how stupid and vile it is, but there's no "good" side of gamergate. it's all shit.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Why that bring that shit into this thread? The kid's scum and there's a whole thread about it, not sure what it has to do with EZA

Because people were discussing it as it's tied to a game they were interested in but don't feel like supporting as it might conflict with them personally? It's ugly and not pretty but I really dislike how people decry others for just providing more information to the discussion.
I see 0 wrong making information more readily available and everyone can make their own decisions.
As for nothing to do with EZA it has about as much to do with them as people sharing their own tetris highscores, sharing their own excitement on games and bringing up general news here for discussion with other community members or to bring it to their attention, which means as it relates to games which very much relate to EZA.
Take that GG stuff to the GG thread, ugh
Why? What's with the anti information stance. It's baffling seeing people moan at BBoy now in two different places cause he was only providing more information as in relation to people talking the last night. Nobody made a judgement on anyone. It's not his fault that the creator is an ugly person(at least from my moral perspective). I'm also engaging here cause you generally seem to have your heart in the right place(as in I might not agree with the reaction you've had to things so far but at least I empathize strongly from where they come from) but I won't lie I was also almost just about to be snide and just celebrating this valuable contribution coming from someone that has sworn off this thread a couple of times now. In this case though I find it questionable for people to be against information spreading as it pertains to the last night. It comes off as a misguided wish to keep this place happy and rainbows.
It's definitely not consistent with what other things this place already discussed. Imagine I would from now out call out everything not directly tied to EZA and send off people to the respective threads and only there they can discuss shit. I guarantee it would be disruptive as hell but at least highlight a weird double standard people seem to be operating under in this specific case.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
ugh can't we just take politics out of EZA threads?

we youtube comments now
From a non American point of view what about it is politics? To me it seems simply morals nothing political about that, like what's the radical political agenda here?
I'm not supporting this cause the creator seems to have views that I find morally unacceptable with them being not in tune with equality, I don't feel like that's political at all. But not like this post surprises me in the least.

I still would love an answer to this.
The case from my perspective is very simple creator doesn't support equality and seems to use his game as a platform for hate.
It brings the moral question of whether it's ok to support him and I personally think this is up to each person personally. To me there isn't really anything political about it. But I admit this seems to be a disconnect that pops up for me especially in American centric contexts frequently where "morals" seem to be politicized whatever that means.

I'm a bit weirded out at the dismissiveness the topic is met. I don't see how people have engaged so far as it would earn the association to youtube comments.
It really looks like "oh no this topic is not pretty everyone shut this down" and that's the reaction to other people simply sharing information without judgment....

Budi

ugh can't we just take politics out of EZA threads?

we youtube comments now

Well actually, I want this to be the next Hottake! I've been asking for that kind of discussion for a while now. Last time when I wanted problematic issues around gaming brought up was regarding to Persona.

Now lets take a moment to imagine a world where Arc System Works made a Marvel fighter instead of Capcoms artwork....
It would be much better but I place a good portion of the failings on marvel and their short sided MCU roster push

But MvCI devs have to be sweating. Injustice 2 just crushed the story mode and has a great overall package. Then DBZ shows up in their fighting game sub genre and just seems to 1 up them on every front so far.

Bahorel

Take that GG stuff to the GG thread, ugh

If you want to talk about something else, you should bring up a subject instead of complaining about the current one

To some of us a game specifically made about a developer's hatred of women being presented on the Microsoft stage is a big deal, and some people here have benefited from the conversation

In any case, the Allies are aware of it, for anyone concerned who was wondering

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to talk about something else, you should bring up a subject instead of complaining about the current one

To some of us a game specifically made about a developer's hatred of women being presented on the Microsoft stage is a big deal, and some people here have benefited from the conversation

In any case, the Allies are aware of it, for anyone concerned who was wondering
Thanks for the update
And yes I want to especially agree with that. People simply mentioning it made me look into it myself and I might have honestly not otherwise.
my comment is firmly tongue in cheek btw
I see sorry for not picking up on that.

Alucrid

Banned
I still would love an answer to this.
The case from my perspective is very simple creator doesn't support equality and seems to use his game as a platform for hate.
It brings the moral question of whether it's ok to support him and I personally think this is up to each person personally. To me there isn't really anything political about it. But I admit this seems to be a disconnect that pops up for me especially in American centric contexts frequently where "morals" seem to be politicized whatever that means.

I'm a bit weirded out at the dismissiveness the topic is met. I don't see how people have engaged so far as it would earn the association to youtube comments.
It really looks like "oh no this topic is not pretty everyone shut this down" and that's the reaction to other people simply sharing information without judgment....

my comment is firmly tongue in cheek btw

Auctopus

Yup they did it last year during the palmer luckey stuff and had a good panel to discuss it

I distinctly remember that episode as it's my favourite (Honestly, the answers you can get out of Ian if you just push past the initial "Ugh" reply).

However, I think there was an even more recent one about a upcoming game that someone knew something about a person making it that made them uncomfortable purchasing. The discussion was only 5-10 minutes though unlike the lengthy Palmer Luckey one.

Visceir

People are trying to do just that.

Anyway, Dragon Ball Fighter Z is probably the best thing to come out of E3 so far. Nothing new but holy hell is it it well put together. This is such a perfect match.

Saw Maximilian mention it'll have a beta before summer ends, will be cool to get more impressions of how it plays.

I distinctly remember that episode as it's my favourite (Honestly, the answers you can get out of Ian if you just push past the initial "Ugh" reply).

However, I think there was an even more recent one about a upcoming game that someone knew something about a person making it that made them uncomfortable purchasing. The discussion was only 5-10 minutes though unlike the lengthy Palmer Luckey one.
Ah yea that was a L&R question a couple weeks ago. That was more the publisher treated his dev fans poorly but another game seemed to be treated well and do well and didn't know if he should ruin others fun. That seemed less political and more about poor business dealings to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom