• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

N° 2048

People are trying to do just that.

Anyway, Dragon Ball Fighter Z is probably the best thing to come out of E3 so far. Nothing new but holy hell is it it well put together. This is such a perfect match.

Saw Maximilian mention it'll have a beta before summer ends, will be cool to get more impressions of how it plays.

Really hope I get into the closed beta this summer. Gotta keep my eyes peeled for the sign up.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
People are trying to do just that.

Anyway, Dragon Ball Fighter Z is probably the best thing to come out of E3 so far. Nothing new but holy hell is it it well put together. This is such a perfect match.

Saw Maximilian mention it'll have a beta before summer ends, will be cool to get more impressions of how it plays.

Yes and they're free to do so as in nobody going to stop that and people are free to engage as they feel like but that doesn't mean the other conversation needs to stop. Plenty of times when 2-3 conversations were happening along side each other and nobody complained about 1 disrupting the other.

Really hope I get into the closed beta this summer. Gotta keep my eyes peeled for the sign up.
Is it a sign up? I guess it's not a pre-order bonus

I also wonder...since it's Arc Sys how many revisions the game will have. Since it's not like GG where there's an arcade game getting updates it'll be different. I want them to keep doing the upgrade systems moving forward

Bahorel

With Ubisoft and Sony presenting this is going to be my favorite day.

We're going to finally get a look at farcry gameplay and the mysterious Rabbids Kingdom Battle which in all honesty I'm interested in.

The big question for Sony is *huber voice*: will Bully 2 reveal itself

I know it won't but I want it so bad

Bahorel

I wonder how much AC Origins repeat we will get.

I think they will at least give a different scene. Im excited for it though I'm a little concerned about the new UI, is it just me? The neon reds and yellows seemed a bit distracting. I haven't played an AC since 3 yet though so I'm not sure how the latest ones were design wise but it seems like there's a lot more UI going on than before

Maiar_m

I think they will at least give a different scene. Im excited for it though I'm a little concerned about the new UI, is it just me? The neon reds and yellows seemed a bit distracting. I haven't played an AC since 3 yet though so I'm not sure how the latest ones were design wise but it seems like there's a lot more UI going on than before

I did find the colors alright that top line with the markers gave me a pause. There seemed to be already quite a number of them. I don't care much though, the setting enough is enough for me to buy this game if gameplay is remotely fun. And I've only played AC1, this can only be better.

LavishClumsyBorzoi.gif

InsignificantPleasantIguana.gif

Auctopus

Wow, not happy with new subscribers (this E3) calling long-time subscribers "stupid, triggered SJWs" over The Last Night.

One of the news subs: "Gamergate is literally the concept of Love & Respect. Let him tell his story."

God, I hope these people ditch the channel after E3.

Karu

Wow, not happy with new subscribers (this E3) calling long-time subscribers "stupid, triggered SJWs" over The Last Night.

One of the news subs: "Gamergate is literally the concept of Love & Respect. Let him tell his story."

the chat was ugly during last night, what a bummer. :-/

Joqu

Yuck, I'm all for the EZA audience growing but not with these people, they better not stick around.

ShadyK54

Yeah, chat has been something else today/last night. To be expected, sadly. :/

Budi

Yuck, I'm all for the EZA audience growing but not with these people, they better not stick around.

They've always been there though, ofcourse bigger crowd brings more of assholes. But I've had one of my most frustrating discussions in their official forums with this one guy almost a year ago. He wasn't hiding his stance at all, says Gamergate right in his Twitter bio. And there was also a topic for minority representation in games there, those same tired arguments about "forced representation" and "it's just games/fantasy!" And last but not least, the hostile comments Ian gets all the time.

But as I've said earlier in this thread, EZA should talk about "game politics" more and condemn certain attitude and behaviour by the players and the devs too. That could make the toxic crowd go away, ignoring these issues wont. And I don't mean that they should drop coverage of Last Night now because of this. But these issues should be discussed regarding many games.

BBboy20

Discord chat is a no policy on politics though how defending women is perceived as "politics" is beyond me and it gets really disappointing when a lot of them there perceive this situation as the "other side".

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Reading that chat hurt. I guess I can't definitively say anymore that the EZA community is "better" than other places. That was such strong disregard of L&R.
Very disappointed that the people there decried sensitivity for each other and empathy to that extent especially to this specific context.

Reading that chat hurt. I guess I can't definitively say anymore that the EZA community is "better" than other places. That was such strong disregard of L&R.

Dude, there is no point in stressing about their chat during E3 when the numbers and new viewers are on totally different level than normal.

You got 6000+ people in the room there will be some rotten eggs.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, there is no point in stressing about their chat during E3 when the numbers and new viewers are on totally different level than normal.

You got 6000+ people in the room there will be some rotten eggs.

You say that but the thing is among those people were some I recognized that's what stings the most.
(And mind you I'm speaking here from a place that wouldn't condemn anyone that would have had an introspection on the topic and reached the conclusion to divorce art and the creator. But what I saw was ignorance peddling, knee jerk decrying and basically don't make me uncomfortable for being into a game you jerks...
No semblance of any kind of trying to understand each other and I assure you I get being into "the last night" My first reaction to it was this game is 100% my vibes.
It should be a perfectly respectable position if I'm changing that stance after knowing more that doesn't earn the ridicule it got.)

For streams with multiple thousands of viewers I usually just don't look at chat at all. I feel like a lot of these people are just driving by and aren't a part of the community long term.

Also: have the Allies been scoring every conference this year? Any chance somebody jotted down the scores for each conference so far?

Joqu

They've always been there though, ofcourse bigger crowd brings more of assholes. But I've had one of my most frustrating discussions in their official forums with this one guy almost a year ago. He wasn't hiding his stance at all, says Gamergate right in his Twitter bio. And there was also a topic for minority representation in games there, those same tired arguments about "forced representation" and "it's just games/fantasy!" And last but not least, the hostile comments Ian gets all the time.

But as I've said earlier in this thread, EZA should talk about "game politics" more and condemn certain attitude and behaviour by the players and the devs too. That could make the toxic crowd go away, ignoring these issues wont. And I don't mean that they should drop coverage of Last Night now because of this. But these issues should be discussed regarding many games.

I'm not surprised, I haven't really paid much attention to the official forums but I've had some unpleasant conversations in YouTube comments (no surprise there I suppose) and EZA chat in the past, especially concerning Ian. And these people seemed to be "genuine" fans too.

EZA absolutely should talk about "game politics" more, I'm sure their stances would turn these people off immediately. I get why they want to avoid it but I fear this will just allow the community to go toxic in the long term.

Discord chat is a no policy on politics though how defending women is perceived as "politics" is beyond me and it gets really disappointing when a lot of them there perceive this situation as the "other side".

Yikes. Isn't discord chat run by the same mods that run Twitch too? Defending women being considered politics is pretty gross, sorry.

Mista Koo

Agreed. Unfortunately most of them are averse to discussing politics. Even a general statement like "we don't welcome any members of hateful racist/misogynist mob groups" is better than nothing. They should use their position of power for good.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yikes. Isn't discord chat run by the same mods that run Twitch too? Defending women being considered politics is pretty gross, sorry.
It's not run by the same people.
As for what actually is happening (discord)mod wise is that they just don't want to deal with that stuff(as in people getting aggressive at each other) and it's up to EZA to lay down the rules.

As for the no politics thing I've challenged that as I did here cause I truly do not get that part what about the issue is being political(to me it's of moral nature nothing political about it that said as I have stated it seems to be viewed differently especially in America, so there's a disconnect). That said the people that generally shut things down are not the mods it's people quoting the no politics rule which I actively question if it applies.

Discord mod so far only getting active once people seem to start slinging shit at each other by just shutting it down altogether(by saying take it to the DMs). As far as people have been able to stay cordial they're not doing anything. That said that has sadly not been the case as the side that expresses concern over feeling uncomfortable with supporting this have been met more with aggressive shut down responses. Like attacking people for simply sharing information/concern.

Auctopus

But as I've said earlier in this thread, EZA should talk about "game politics" more

Sorry but "Game politics" is "politics". The treatment of women in videogames is the treatment of women. Separating female developers/gamers/journalists from "real women" is pretty damaging.

I know a situation like this doesn't need more finger pointing but it pertains to the conversation we had late last week, the mods did a really bad job during the PC Conference. Way too many insults getting thrown around.

Budi

EZA absolutely should talk about "game politics" more, I'm sure their stances would turn these people off immediately. I get why they want to avoid it but I fear this will just allow the community to go toxic in the long term.

Yeah they should and it's not just because of Last Night. Harada for example had those "SJW" tweets too. It's a issue that deserves to be brought up even when there isn't E3 and Microsoft stage giving it extra spotlight.

And about moderation, can't comment on Twitch mods. But in their forums it was bit weird that I got threatened with a ban, when discussing these matters with the outspoken and proud gamergater for calling him obsessed pathetic little man for supporting gamergate and sharing his disgusting views and that he should be ignored. Mod responded with "No need to attack someone based on their personal beliefs. Plus, to be honest, I've never seen an actual gamergator who is misogynistic, homophobic, etc. I'm sure some exist, but people are people and some people are assholes. (and those people SPECIFICALLY will not be welcome) That's all I'll say on the matter, and I strongly recommend the subject be dropped." So yeah, I can see that there's maybe something wrong with mods.

Auctopus

^

That is the exact problem with the current set of mods. I feel like they've been picked because they're on the friendliest terms with some of the Allies but they really can't moderate that well (on top of the other stuff that's already been discussed about them).

Mod responded with "No need to attack someone based on their personal beliefs. Plus, to be honest, I've never seen an actual gamergator who is misogynistic, homophobic, etc. I'm sure some exist, but people are people and some people are assholes. (and those people SPECIFICALLY will not be welcome) That's all I'll say on the matter, and I strongly recommend the subject be dropped." So yeah, I can see that there's maybe something wrong with mods.

yo what

But yeah, some lovely people in chat recently.

Joqu

It's not run by the same people.

Good to know, sorry about that.

As for what actually is happening mod wise is that they just don't want to deal with that stuff(as in people getting aggressive at each other) and it's up to EZA to lay down the rules.

As for the no politics thing I've challenged that as I did here cause I truly do not get that part what about the issue is being political(to me it's of moral nature nothing political about it that said as I have stated it seems to be viewed differently especially in America, so there's a disconnect). That said the people that generally shut things down are not the mods it's people quoting the no politics rule which I actively question if it applies.

People shutting things down with that rule doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it's questionable stuff. I don't get the issue about being political anyway, it does strike me as an American thing because it's not something I really face where I live.

Yeah they should and it's not just because of Last Night. Harada for example had those "SJW" tweets too. It's a issue that deserves to be brought up even when there isn't E3 and Microsoft stage giving it extra spotlight.

And about moderation, can't comment on Twitch mods. But in their forums it was bit weird that I got threatened with a ban when discussing these matters with the outspoken and proud gamergater for calling him obsessed pathetic little man for supporting gamergate and sharing his disgusting views and that he should be ignored. Mod responded with "No need to attack someone based on their personal beliefs. Plus, to be honest, I've never seen an actual gamergator who is misogynistic, homophobic, etc. I'm sure some exist, but people are people and some people are assholes. (and those people SPECIFICALLY will not be welcome) That's all I'll say on the matter, and I strongly recommend the subject be dropped." So yeah, I can see that there's maybe something wrong with mods.

That forum mod threat is pathetic, this is bumming me out man. I know E3 probably isn't the best time to discuss this stuff considering how busy everyone is, but I'm not comfortable with a forum that has moderators defend gators like that.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

And about moderation, can't comment on Twitch mods. But in their forums it was bit weird that I got threatened with a ban when discussing these matters with the outspoken and proud gamergater for calling him obsessed pathetic little man for supporting gamergate and sharing his disgusting views and that he should be ignored. Mod responded with "No need to attack someone based on their personal beliefs. Plus, to be honest, I've never seen an actual gamergator who is misogynistic, homophobic, etc. I'm sure some exist, but people are people and some people are assholes. (and those people SPECIFICALLY will not be welcome) That's all I'll say on the matter, and I strongly recommend the subject be dropped." So yeah, I can see that there's maybe something wrong with mods.

Wow that fucking sucks.....

Good to know, sorry about that.
It's understandable I just learned about this fact yesterday through thankfully less serious circumstances as in where I was hearing conflicting messaging between twitch mods and discord mods regarding where show leaks should go channel wise. (Sidenote: Discord as far as Discord mods go is leak zone.)

I can totally see why you got threatened with a ban. Going in that hardcore on someone for anything tends to give off the impression that you are the asshole, especially if the other person isn't saying outrageously offensive stuff.

That said, I'm used to moderation that's a bit more sensible than GAF's can be at times, so that's just my take without the actual posts to look at.

BBboy20

Mbun is probably the most notorious regular user in regards of failing to identify dangerous movements & beliefs and then accuse you of starting a flame war when you try to point out to any kind of oppression.

Karu

Hope Ben, Damiani or Blood will see your discussion on this after E3 some time. Would be happy if they at least know about this. That forum guy and his "and that's all I am gonna say about this" speaks volume (well, not to speak of what he actually said ugh).

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I can totally see why you got threatened with a ban. Going in that hardcore on someone for anything tends to give off the impression that you are the asshole, especially if the other person isn't saying outrageously offensive stuff.

That said, I'm used to moderation that's a bit more sensible than GAF's can be at times, so that's just my take without the actual posts to look at.

I would agree if I didn't live these type of people generally deserving the hard callout. What I find even more irksome is that I had it also happen a couple of times now them pm me afterward that they actually don't believe any of the rhetoric they've been peddling and that they just wanted to get "a rise" out of people.

E3 hasn't started yet. It starts tomorrow

Really? Has E3 timing slipped or something in the last few years? I thought it was odd having the conferences so late. Didn't it used to be conferences on Fri/Sat then doors opening on Sunday?

I would agree if I didn't live these type of people generally deserving the hard callout. What I find even more irksome is that I had it also happen a couple of times now them pm me afterward that they actually don't believe any of the rhetoric they've been peddling and that they just wanted to get "a rise" out of people.

That's oddly off beat with what EZA is all about too. Well, unless maybe they're only here for Damiani and Bosman XD

The getting a rise bit anyway, I'd never imagine any of EZA allign with that GG narrative

Budi

Sure, I was hostile towards him I admit that. I just checked his twitter before saying that so that made me lose my manners. But I was also trying to leave the discussion while he kept going on with "did you just assume my gender?" "I'll write a tumblr post about that". It's not like he didn't try to intentionally rile me up. And still, my point was then that EZA doesn't share and support his views and he shouldn't bring those in their forums and especially link videos from Gamergate channel that he did, I gave plenty of context why I called him out like that. Even quoted Ian from the first Easy Update song. Calling someone hateful for being hateful isn't that offensive I think. And obsessed because like half of his tweets are about "SJWs" and feminism, fighting the fight one tweet at a time. Atleast I didn't punch a nazi!

Really? Has E3 timing slipped or something in the last few years? I thought it was odd having the conferences so late. Didn't it used to be conferences on Fri/Sat then doors opening on Sunday?

That's oddly off beat with what EZA is all about too. Well, unless maybe they're only here for Damiani and Bosman XD

The getting a rise bit anyway, I'd never imagine any of EZA allign with that GG narrative
Naw it's always been Tuesday - Thursday for the show floor. Press conferences used to be Monday and Tuesday morning (for nintendo). Over the last couple years the press conferences started to Creep into Sunday and Now Saturday

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Oh I should have been clearer sorry those were way more referring to experiences I've had in other community circles not EZA. Although it happened once in EZA twitch chat months ago.

Ni No Kuni 2, at 60 FPS on the Pro is going to be so damn good. I was contemplating picking up the PC version but it seems to be holding 60 FPS on the IGN stream really well.

farisr

Edit: oohhh, sony has a pre-show?
Yeah, already confirmed some Crash news to kick off the pre-show and there's a GT Sport announcement as well that will happen. Wouldn't be surprised at smaller scale reveals/updates happening at the pre-show.

Bahorel

Mod responded with "No need to attack someone based on their personal beliefs. Plus, to be honest, I've never seen an actual gamergator who is misogynistic, homophobic, etc. I'm sure some exist, but people are people and some people are assholes. (and those people SPECIFICALLY will not be welcome) That's all I'll say on the matter, and I strongly recommend the subject be dropped." So yeah, I can see that there's maybe something wrong with mods.

Trash mod who has no grip on reality. gamergate was literally built on misogyny. If this is an official mod please demote or remove him, he has no judgement. Being a disgusting person shouldn't be considered "personal beliefs" we need to shield and protect.

In comparison, mods of neogaf are pretty good about removing toxic people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom