• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

Trash mod who has no grip on reality. gamergate was literally built on misogyny. If this is an official mod please demote or remove him, he has no judgement. Being a disgusting person shouldn't be considered "personal beliefs" we need to shield and protect.

In comparison, mods of neogaf are pretty good about removing toxic people.

Yup love the moderation here. I have very little interest in reading and participating on any other forum nowadays, especially gaming related. I'd rather take too strict than too lax moderation. My argument with the guy I mentioned earlier started in a thread about Neogaf and ofcourse he was there commenting on the moderation in here, since Criminal Girls threads aren't allowed. Don't look up the game anyone if you don't know what it is, just trust me that the game is banned here for a good reason.

luchadork

Yup love the moderation here. I have very little interest in reading and participating on any other forum nowadays, especially gaming related. I'd rather take too strict than too lax moderation. My argument with the guy I mentioned earlier started in a thread about Neogaf and ofcourse he was there commenting on the moderation in here, since Criminal Girls threads aren't allowed. Don't look up the game anyone if you don't know what it is, just trust me that the game is banned here for a good reason.

everyone wants their own little echo chamber. neogaf has basically one opinion on politics and if you divert from it even a little you get shut down.

honestly its pretty bad. it means you cant get challenged on your thoughts. everyone just stays in their little hidey hole with their mates that agree 100% on everything, thinking their thoughts are correct, and demonising anyone who disagrees.

both sides of politics do it. neogaf definitely swings hard left, young, liberal, idealistic, naive. imo.

Maximo

everyone wants their own little echo chamber. neogaf has basically one opinion on politics and if you divert from it even a little you get shut down.

honestly its pretty bad. it means you cant get challenged on your thoughts. everyone just stays in their little hidey hole with their mates that agree 100% on everything, thinking their thoughts are correct, and demonising anyone who disagrees.

both sides of politics do it. neogaf definitely swings hard left, young, liberal, idealistic, naive. imo.

Your not banned if your convey your points in an intelligent way having different opinions then most of GAF is fine, just back yourself up or you end up looking like a idiot blaming others for being *naive* for not somehow understanding you. I mean your not giving examples of the things you feel GAF demonises others for or your own thoughts simply using buzzwords like *Hard Left*, its hard from the get go to have a conversation when you start one like this, your paragraph just sorta comes off as a angsty teen blaming GAF as a whole.

Budi

I feel this happens yes, but it comes from other posters. I don't think moderation is shutting discussion down. Most bans I see in threads about diversity and representation are for people driving by with "who cares?" in a topic that is already 10 pages long, so clearly people care. And hey, even Morrigan Stark and Crossing Eden have had bans even recently, they are pretty vocal in those kind of topics and they are arguing in favor of diversity and equal representation. So it's not like the "other side" gets a free reign either.

Your not banned if your convey your points in an intelligent way having different opinions then most of GAF is fine, just back yourself up or you end up looking like a idiot blaming others for being *naive* for not somehow understanding you. I mean your not giving examples of the things you feel GAF demonises others for or your own thoughts simply using buzzwords like *Hard Left*, its hard from the get go to have a conversation when you start one like this.

I've sometimes seen people complain about their GAF bans, in best cases I've been able to see why they were banned. And it's pretty sad that these people don't seem to understand why they were banned but rather blame it on "can't have different opinions". Not to say that there never has been unnecessary or too hasty bans, I remember one myself. The person banned was trying to avoid offense and actually learn about something they didn't have experience with and understanding of.

Your not banned if your convey your points in an intelligent way having different opinions then most of GAF is fine, just back yourself up or you end up looking like a idiot blaming others for being *naive* for not somehow understanding you. I mean your not giving examples of the things you feel GAF demonises others for or your own thoughts simply using buzzwords like *Hard Left*, its hard from the get go to have a conversation when you start one like this, your paragraph just sorta comes off as a angsty teen blaming GAF as a whole.
Nah. If you have a non-hivemind political opinion on GAF, the best policy is always to keep it to yourself. You can get dogpiled for more or less anything.

This place is, for better or worse, an echo chamber on political issues. That's not the end of the world, but it does chase a lot of people away.

("but they're in league with the deplorables, so it's ok")

Bahorel

So no rockstar. I know people were saying it from the beginning but I have to wonder what the Sony-Rockstar partnership is going to add up to. Maybe just exclusive dlc?

Aw man, I wish the reactions to the Spider-Man trailer had been uploaded. I was so disappointed after the trailer, that I was curious to see what the Allies thought of it. I hope it gets uploaded later today.

BBboy20

At least Huber can know it's still alive
https://youtu.be/qtuCEDTaXqc
DCLhouIU0AAVmjr.jpg:large

Mario007

Man, hearing Damiani saying "oh no, is that the playstation 4?" for that Ubisoft game where you build your starships after him thinking it was a Switch game was awfull.

Mista Koo

Watched bits and pieces of their reactions all around. Bosman's awkward smile/laughter during the entirety of the Mario + Rabbids presentation was the best.

Auctopus

GOTY is going to be an utter mess this year. This is no fault of the Allies but I feel like no game is going to get its proper due as a maximum of only 1-2 allies will have played each game that's perfectly worthy. Which means it will most likely go to the one that each of them got the time to play and therefore has the most widely shared perception amongst the group.

Edit: Just got home to watch the Nintendo thingy to see MATT BLAIR!

Ultimadrago

GOTY is going to be an utter mess this year. This is no fault of the Allies but I feel like no game is going to get its proper due as a maximum of only 1-2 allies will have played each game that's perfectly worthy. Which means it will most likely go to the one that each of them got the time to play and therefore has the most widely shared perception amongst the group.

Edit: Just got home to watch the Nintendo thingy to see MATT BLAIR!

My assumption up to now is that it would be a Zelda sweep. Even Ian liked it with minimal backhanded compliments!

AAK

Ben will probably say Persona, Huber will probably say Yakuza. I predict Zelda will sweep the rest (minus Don).

Kneefoil

It was really refreshing having Matt Blair sharing his thoughts. Too bad he's leaving LA. It's less likely we'll see him being a guest again.

Bahorel

Bless Huber for his positivity

Jones I think it's unfair for you to ask what yoshi brings to the table considering animal crossing has released the same game 4 times. If we're just probably just collecting the same fish and bugs again, and lets be real we will be, then don't get mad at yoshi for getting a new papercraft version

Tbh I'm excited for both that and Kirby. I need some chill couch games to play with my friend, we were celebrating the announcements.

Nintendo + Ubisoft were my fave part of e3

Bless Huber for his positivity

Jones I think it's unfair for you to ask what yoshi brings to the table considering animal crossing has released the same game 4 times. If we're just probably just collecting the same fish and bugs again, and lets be real we will be, then don't get mad at yoshi for getting a new papercraft version

Tbh I'm excited for both that and Kirby. I need some chill couch games to play with my friend, we were celebrating the announcements.

Nintendo + Ubisoft were my fave part of e3
I don't think it's unfair. I feel the closer you have game releases the more "whats new" applies

If you release a game once every 5-10 years in a franchise that demand greatly lowers

Zelda and Mario will be the main contenders for GOTY. Other games will be mentioned, but let's be honest.. Don't expect/hope for Persona or anything else to win lol.

Kirby and Yoshi deserve more. Much more.

Better games or more attention from the Allies?
That Kirby looked great to me

Talking about the games themselves. I personally thought Kirby looked fun, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for Kirby and Yoshi to be more than what we've seen.

That being said, if Nintendo is to continue with these ridiculously easy Kirby/Yoshi games, they should create a mash-up between the two. Kirby X Yoshi could be a cool mix.

Karu

Public Day seems like it will be the nightmare-fueled experience that some feared it would be. At least the Allies made appointments and all, will still be difficult to reach early appointments going by the entrance pictures in the other thread.

Mista Koo

Someone needs to gif Damiani's groaning during the Nintendo stream. I watched it for the Mario hype but that was my favorite part lol.

I got 20-25 points on the bets depending on whether there was an indie shadow drop. Should've gone all in on two Metroids!

Ben will probably say Persona, Huber will probably say Yakuza. I predict Zelda will sweep the rest (minus Don).
Which Yakuza though :p

UrbanRats

They were damn soft on that Nintento Direct.
Aside from Mario (legit great) everything else was very disappointing for me.
Then again this E3 has been pretty tame so far.

LycanXIII

Public Day seems like it will be the nightmare-fueled experience that some feared it would be. At least the Allies made appointments and all, will still be difficult to reach early appointments going by the entrance pictures in the other thread.
Hopefully they left early enough to avoid an awful line.

Burt

I'm not gonna expect them to stand in that line just to deal with whatever insane hellscape awaits inside. I hope they all just said fuck it and went to Fatburger to plan Pokemon TCG Tournament v. 2.0.

At least the weather there seems to be okay. If it was edging near 100 like it is here, I'd be worried about people not making it.

It was pretty much the same as Sony's conference. A lot of what we knew and some surprises.
Compare the Metroid Prime 4 trailer to something like TLOU2 or FF7 or Death Stranding and it feels pretty barebones. The Pokemon Switch announcement was lol.

wiibomb

it has only been tame because the 80% of things of this e3 were actually leaked.

as the allies said, if the mario + rabbids game wouldn't have been leaked, this announcement would be very huge, but since we knew about it, there wasn't any surprise.

same as metroid games we already heard a million rumors about, and same as monster hunter trademarks. Beyond Good and Evil 2 as well.

I can't blame them too much for not making another FFVIIR reveal, not all years we will have those huge things, they are judging them based on how capable they were on showing what they had, I actually found some scores harsh.

it has only been tame because the 80% of things of this e3 were actually leaked.

as the allies said, if the mario + rabbids game wouldn't have been leaked, this announcement would be very huge, but since we knew about it, there wasn't any surprise.

same as metroid games we already heard a million rumors about, and same as monster hunter trademarks. Beyond Good and Evil 2 as well.

I can't blame them too much for not making another FFVIIR reveal, not all years we will have those huge things, they are judging them based on how capable they were on showing what they had, I actually found some scores harsh.

I think that they were way too hard on Sony conference. The first half they were cheering like crazy with the announcements. Then they were like not as impressed with the second half and decided it was worse than MS.

Not much love and respect there.

Budi

I think that they were way too hard on Sony conference. The first half they were cheering like crazy with the announcements. Then they were like not as impressed with the second half and decided it was worse than MS.

If they rated PS confrence better than MS, would that be love and respect then? =P

Hasney

Maybe don't have a downer of a showing after 2 announcements that only picked up for God of War.

Not even sure what that last line even means. "Score things as I see it or else!"?

Maiar_m

I'm looking forward to the Allies showfloor impressions more than anything. Their conferences reactions are nice, but their bread and butter to me is their experiences from the demoes. Last year with Blood's notebook was a treat to me.

Hasney

I'm looking forward to the Allies showfloor impressions more than anything. Their conferences reactions are nice, but their bread and butter to me is their experiences from the demoes. Last year with Blood's notebook was a treat to me.

Jones Tweeted so damn hype about Sea of Thieves that I cannot wait to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom