• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

I'm looking forward to the Allies showfloor impressions more than anything. Their conferences reactions are nice, but their bread and butter to me is their experiences from the demoes. Last year with Blood's notebook was a treat to me.

Absolutely agreed! Fun and games are over (not really), it's time for work =P

Tankard

I think that they were way too hard on Sony conference. The first half they were cheering like crazy with the announcements. Then they were like not as impressed with the second half and decided it was worse than MS.

Not much love and respect there.

So love and respect for you is being positive about all things all the time and/or agree with your opinion?
Have you been reading people's impressions about Sony's E3 anywhere? Maybe...just maybe, it was really a bit/a lot disappointing?

Hasney

Damiani is tweeting from the floor...oof. I do not envy any trying to play games on the show floor right now.

How's E3 going so far for @bradleyellis87 and me? 2.5 hours on, roughly 3 mins with Sonic Forces. That's it. #linecon it's really bad.

Harvest Moon had a 45 minute wait...Sonic Mania line capped. Yakuza ... good luck. Nintendo booth is worse than Comic Con.

Oof is right

So love and respect for you is being positive about all things all the time and/or agree with your opinion?
Have you been reading people's impressions about Sony's E3 anywhere? Maybe...just maybe, it was really a bit/a lot disappointing?

Forgetting the positive and making it lower than a show that was decidedly more laughable? Yeah, kinda.

Huh, who made you the authority? Do you play on PC and Xbox or only PS? That might be clouding your own judgement.

No not only PS.

It's just that I feel the lack of megatons from Sony has clouded people's expectations in that if they don't release surprise megatons, it's no good.

Just me opinion that it was odd to see the MS conference which didn't show much to sell me on the X rated higher than a bad paced one. I suppose I am in the minority here.

Bahorel

Everyone knew this was coming. Don't know who thought it was a good idea to mix press and public.

The main question is will they do something about it. Will they allow press to jump the line next year? Will they make a press only day and or only one public day? I'm sure that the press will make a very loud case against e3 for doing this. Sorry to hear they won't get to play much

Hasney

You have to remember that they're rating the actual.presentation and not the platform health. They showed 42 games at a decent pace and I don't think I saw one I could say was a bad one. I'd be at least interested in hands on impressions of all of them.

The ratings they give have no bearing on actually wanting an XBox or not.

You have to remember that they're rating the actual.presentation and not the platform health. They showed 42 games at a decent pace and I don't think I saw one I could say was a bad one. I'd be at least interested in hands on impressions of all of them.

Fair enough.

Budi

No not only PS.

It's just that I feel the lack of megatons from Sony has clouded people's expectations in that if they don't release surprise megatons, it's no good.

Just me opinion that it was odd to see the MS conference which didn't show much to sell me on the X rated higher than a bad paced one. I suppose I am in the minority here.

Yeah I think the lack of surprises might be a factor. I think Shadow of Colossus remake was a positive surprise, but it's not same as getting Last Guardian finally. But mostly it was old stuff (SoC is old too) with new trailers and then VR. It can be hard to get really excited about things you've already been thinking for a year or two.

Bahorel

No not only PS.

I didn't care for Microsoft much either but I'm not really Microsofts target audience. There were a few stand outs to me and I enjoyed seeing Assassins creed though.

Based on after-hype level, for me Ubisoft=Nintendo>Sony>EA just for A Way Out=MS>Bethesda (but their two main games looked pretty good despite them ranking last for conf)

ugh sounds like the trainwreck E3 organization is going to greatly hamper the recap streams

Its absurd the E3 officials couldn't see this is how it'd end up and didn't set aside ways for the media to do its usual job. Like press only days, or press sections, floor, etc. Looks like the only way we get to hear anything is from the appointments they'll get

Damiani on twitter

How's E3 going so far for @bradleyellis87 and me? 2.5 hours on, roughly 3 mins with Sonic Forces. That's it. #linecon it's really bad.

Harvest Moon had a 45 minute wait...Sonic Mania line capped. Yakuza ... good luck. Nintendo booth is worse than Comic Con.

Dissidia has a line halfway around Square Enix's booth.

That's so strange to me. Almost a worthless rating then if you trot out enough games one after another.

Then again, I still have no idea how EA got rated so highly so the ratings don't matter much anyways.

Karu

ugh sounds like the trainwreck E3 organization is going to greatly hamper the recap streams

Its absurd the E3 officials couldn't see this is how it'd end up and didn't set aside ways for the media to do its usual job. Like press only days, or press sections, floor, etc. Looks like the only way we get to hear anything is from the appointments they'll get

Damiani on twitter
They got 150/250x15000 Dollar - I'm not sure how willing they were to care in the first place. If they could, I bet they would have doubled those entrance numbers lol. But yeah, quite embarrasing. At least we have the podcast to soften the blow of potential missing impressions. I want my Yakuza storytime, thooooo :-(

Also: I love the hot takes on GAF shortly after the conferences. The Xenoblade presentation thread is a shitshow, but my personal fav is the new "We will NEVER get Mario Maker on Switch" lmao.

ArjanN

Damiani on twitter

No offense (and I don't disagree) but it seemed pretty obvious to me beforehand that you were never going to see much without appointments.

Tsosie

I hope that they do not spend too much time (or any really) talking about the long lines tonight. That topic will just get them irrated. I want to hear about games.

Tsosie

Hopefully they get their hands on the games!

I am confident that Blood set up good meetings ahead of time. Also they got that Judges' access and that Keighley access to help them out. We may not get another Huber Yakuza moment tonight, but I trust that they will get their hands on games.

HeavenlyE

Rewatching their Shadow of the Colossus reaction and I'm so happy Bosman didn't get the chance to talk about the trademarks, I feel like 4chan/neogaf rumors can be brought up but things like trademarks just spoil the hype before conferences

Mista Koo

Again can someone post/link their ratings?

No not only PS.

We judge these press conferences as shows not as marketing events. And in the case of MS all of their "exclusives" are also on PC so it's really hard to sell you on the 1X even if they had the most killer lineup.

Hopefully they get their hands on the games!
Well they should be playing stuff they have appointments for at the very least.

ShadyK54

Damiani bailed on E3 to do bonus stream

Damiani bailed into the first day of e3 to watch ffxiv....

Thats how you know shits bad.

I was wondering why he went live...damn. No appointments for him, I'm guessing? Either way, gonna expect a rant of some sort tonight.

Also wondering how this inhibits coverage from other outlets. Really hope something about this is done next year. Separate/early press days or something.

Jesus Christ, I'm on the Twitch chat with Damiani and that Otoshi dude keeps spamming the chat just repeating what Damiani says in capitals. I don't know how to ignore users on the chat for fuck's sake lol.

LycanXIII

Jesus Christ, I'm on the Twitch chat with Damiani and that Otoshi dude keeps spamming the chat just repeating what Damiani says in capitals. I don't know how to ignore users on the chat for fuck's sake lol.

I never looked at chat until now, with everybody talking about this person. It's annoying after noticing it, and they're not even funny quotes.

Bahorel

oh cool I didn't know he was doing commentary on Mario. Tuning in now. I also didn't know they showed off this forest level at Treehouse

I never looked at chat until now, with everybody talking about this person. It's annoying after noticing it, and they're not even funny quotes.

I'm still not sure if he is a master troll with admirable commitment to a character, genuinely finds them funny or if he has problems with his mental capacity.

He is never not doing it and he seems to be on every stream. Not that I personally mind tho, I mostly find the whole situation funny with other people being annoyed with him.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
In the spirit to keep animosity down if someone sets you off this much you can just block them on twitch problem solved. No reason to get spiteful.

Mikey Jr.

WTF is this Chim meme?

Kyle or someone was talking about how the world of Elder Scrolls is all a dream. And apparently if you wake from this dream, you get super powers.

The God's name who is dreaming all this is Chim.

Chim is a stupid name you see.

Thusly a meme was born.

edit: I probably got the meaning of chim wrong, but fuck it, I don't really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom