• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendcode all Q&A format isn't a bad idea but it needed to be curated and not just first come, first served. There was too much overlap of the same type of questions over the hour so it started getting redundant

BBboy20

1356867009-00.jpg

Yuuuuup.

arkon

Ended up staying up for the live Friend Code. Enjoyed that. Johnny was a really good guest. More guest appearances like that on any of the podcasts to mix things up would be welcome, like the Ryan Stevens appearance on Frame Trap.

arkon

I stayed up all night to watch the entire stream. Good times. I really liked the Yakuza talk, the energy and enthusiasm went up another level during that portion. Ben and Huber talking about it so much for the past year are what ended up selling me on the series with Yakuza 0, to the point I went out and bought a PS4 finally to play it. I finally finished that on Monday, and I'm now hyped for Kiwami and 6 especially after that discussion. Can't wait.

Ending to the stream was fantastic as well with Bosman outing Damiani's pro sleep technique.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the Yakuza impression but I definitely have to say I think Huber/Ben might have oversold it based on the things I know so while yes they're games to be excited about and I'm looking forward to them I'd say it's better to reign in expectations quite a bit on both(based what I've seen of the JP impressions).
Especially Y6 to put it in a non spoiling way, it seems like you notice this is their first game on the new engine and it shows in many ways.

:p Also I dispute not all Yakuza minigames are quality but that is a pain I guess only known to completionist y_y so it's irrelevant to most.

Loved the Yakuza impression but I definitely have to say I think Huber/Ben might have oversold it based on the things I know so while yes they're games to be excited about and I'm looking forward to them I'd say it's better to rail in expectations quite a bit on both(based what I've seen of the JP impressions).
Especially Y6 to put it in a non spoiling way, it seems like you notice this is their first game on the new engine and it shows in many ways.

:p Also I dispute not all Yakuza minigames are quality but that is a pain I guess only known to completionist y_y so it's irrelevant to most.

I'm playing through Yakuza 6 right now too (bought it when it came out and just now I'm getting around to finishing it.) and I'm wondering what minigames you aren't liking? I went through most of the story without doing many of the minigames/substories and now that I sense the end of the game is near I'm taking a break from main story to work on all of the side stuff.

The youtube subscriber count has gone up by 3000 since E3 started. Nice to see

the patreon really didn't move much though. But yeah i guess it's good to get twitch and youtube subs aswell, it spreads the love and maybe those people, while following will feel the urge to become patreons.

I'm sill a bit pissed that the Kyle's Box peek vid wasn't public on Youtube.. It's not like people browse Patreon very often, like they do with youtube or Twitch.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing through Yakuza 6 right now too (bought it when it came out and just now I'm getting around to finishing it.) and I'm wondering what minigames you aren't liking? I went through most of the story without doing many of the minigames/substories and now that I sense the end of the game is near I'm taking a break from main story to work on all of the side stuff.

I was speaking more to past minigames.
I certainly wouldn't call catfight club quality nor Colosseum quality there are plenty of things in Yakuza with jank and questionable design decisions.
Still love them crazy but that's the perspective I have after platting 5 and 0.

the patreon really didn't move much though. But yeah i guess it's good to get twitch and youtube subs aswell, it spreads the love and maybe those people, while following will feel the urge to become patreons.

I'm sill a bit pissed that the Kyle's Box peek vid wasn't public on Youtube.. It's not like people browse Patreon very often, like they do with youtube or Twitch.
Patreon numbers never really climb up much at E3. They did gain another 100 so that's great and they're at their all time high patron count

Nbz

Yoooooooooooooo I didn't realise Jonny Metts stopped by at Easy Allies for Friend Code! Former host of my favourite podcast, Radio Free Nintendo! Saw a bit of negativity about Friend Code in the thread but now I'm stoked to watch it. Jonny is super smart and has great insights about Nintendo

Ultimadrago

I certainly wouldn't call catfight club quality nor Colosseum quality there are plenty of things in Yakuza with jank and questionable design decisions.

Having completed Fishing in Yakuza 0 myself, the mini-game itself wasn't really good either (along with the others you mentioned). Fishing is one of the few aspects I'd actually give Final Fantasy XV in terms of enjoyment.

It still never gets old for me to see Huber explode about Yakuza though. I love how he went right into the same sushi chef story he did for Huber Syndrome for Kyle! Haha

Oh, yeah I agree with that. And while you can tell a bit this is their first game with a new engine I have to say that the high quality cutscenes look really, really good. The minigames so far in Y6 have been pretty good from my perspective, with only one I can think of off the top of my head that is kind of 'meh'. (But take into consideration that I also haven't really gotten into much of the side stuff before this week even though I'm through maybe 90% of the story).

Yoooooooooooooo I didn't realise Jonny Metts stopped by at Easy Allies for Friend Code! Former host of my favourite podcast, Radio Free Nintendo! Saw a bunch of negativity about Friend Code in the thread but now I'm stoked to watch it. Jonny is super smart and has great insights about Nintendo
He was a really good guest. Had a great Retro early days story after the podcast was over.. The issue and damiani mentioned it in chat afterwards was coming right from E3 to the stream he didn't have enough time to really curate the questions so they ended up being first come first served and the questions overlapped way to much so it really dragged. Also since there was a guest and they didn't want to hold him up I could see why they didn't push the podcast portion out a bit for more prep.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, yeah I agree with that. And while you can tell a bit this is their first game with a new engine I have to say that the high quality cutscenes look really, really good. The minigames so far in Y6 have been pretty good from my perspective, with only one I can think of off the top of my head that is kind of 'meh'. (But take into consideration that I also haven't really gotten into much of the side stuff before this week even though I'm through maybe 90% of the story).

Sure sure. I was mainly advising to bring the hype down based on that while 6 is a major jump in presentation it's not necessarily in substance with lack of variety for heat actions, minigames + certain story beats arguably missing for the final Kiryuu game. From what I've heard 0 is still the king on those aspects.(There were other things I'm forgetting)
That said there is a lot of reason to be extremely hyped for Y7 given that they now have the foundation of 6.

Visceir

Does anyone know roughly when they discussed Odyssey, or is that still to come?

Was pretty much the first game they discussed on day2. They first watch the trailer, then Damiani joins in timestamp

3000 new subs is a very insignificant number, but it's not like they made any sort of effort to actually increase their youtube subs.

CyReN

Have they done a Frame Trap for E3 yet? So much content to catch up on right now.

Also, whoever said they should skip podcasts for E3 week - I highly agree. Just do 1-2 hours of impressions after each day like they are is a perfect substitute. I'm sure fans will understand, maybe sprinkle in the sponsors in the stream if it's an issue.

Have they done a Frame Trap for E3 yet? So much content to catch up on right now.

Also, whoever said they should skip podcasts for E3 week - I highly agree. Just do 1-2 hours of impressions after each day like they are is a perfect substitute. I'm sure fans will understand, maybe sprinkle in the sponsors in the stream if it's an issue.
But they did 3 hours of impressions last night. They stayed an hour later the first night. They're starting an hour earlier tonight. You're getting as much or more impressions than last year for sure.

And frame trap is tonight as is a one hour trailer jones

3000 new subs is a very insignificant number, but it's not like they made any sort of effort to actually increase their youtube subs.

That is not insignificant for the EZA follower rate. You can see the E3 spike here https://graphtreon.com/creator/EasyAllies

And they mention their YouTube channel after each closing segment. So about two times a night, and once after each press conference segment this week. That's enough for me.

Visceir

Frame Trap's noodles & broth is a good compromise, I think. Have it be the podcast, but also make it something special and different for E3 -- something more fun and easygoing.

I bailed out of the stream yesterday 15 min into friend code as it got overly dull. It's a good and fine thing as its own thing put up on youtube for people to watch who want to watch it but I don't think it belongs on an E3 stream, if that makes sense?

Likewise I think they could have just made a top 10 announcements or something for Kyle's podcast rather than going over ALL new announcements, cut it short and make it more entertaining, leave more time for impressions.

That is not insignificant for the EZA follower rate. You can see the E3 spike here https://graphtreon.com/creator/EasyAllies

And they mention their YouTube channel after each closing segment. So about two times a night, and once after each press conference segment this week. That's enough for me.

"they usually do much worse!", I kid, I kid.

I was talking more in the lines of actually making content that had the potential to do well on youtube, but they don't have to worry about that sort of stuff and have admitted themselves that they're rather clueless in that aspect. "youtube subs" isn't a good metric to measure EZA's success by...despite many companies setting that to be the #1 thing...which is unfonrtunate, I guess.

Would actually be interesting to see the allies making a concentrated effort to increase their subs -- much like Jones made it his missions to network more this E3.

Hasney

52 Patrons and 139 dollars since Saturday isn't too shabby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom