• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Noodles and Broth on last night's stream?
Yup and it's great just like last year. Also Ben's addition of the spice which weaved in E3 topical discussions in between game discussions is a very clever new wrinkle

Also kudos to Kyle in shutting down the chim meme so effectively. I've never seen EZA chat soo obsessed with one meme like that but it clearly was overplayed. He locked it up and surpringly everyone in chat complied. Well done

arkon

Thats all I want to know.

Its fun.

But not at the expense of actually having a conversation about the game.

It doesn't though. I'm watching the Spiderman discussion now. They all get into it talking about the slow-mo in combat, comparisons to Bayonetta's Witch Time etc. The whole thing played out like a standard what-I'm-playing discussion from a regular Frame Trap episode. Those are often conversations between Ben and the person giving impressions with some interjections and questions from the other guys on the episode.

The noodles and broth thing is a bit of fun and a little twist on the standard Frame Trap conversations. It's also one that we get once a year at E3. It's so infrequent.

ShadyK54

Yeah, I read that before seeing the stream and thought someone said it on stream as a joke, but no, they're actually doing it.

August 4th to 6th non-stop stream. Someone should claim making a thread and get one done for the event when it happens.

Jesus.

They'll lose all knowledge of wits & what they are lol.

CyReN

Finished Watching:
  • Day 1 Impressions
  • Day 2 Impressions
  • EZA Podcast

Need To Watch:
  • Frame Trap
  • Trailer Jones
  • Judge Jones E3

Props to all the Allies for a great E3, loving all the content.

This Easy Livin' thing is kinda strange. I don't get it. They're gonna be streaming their vacation?
IVe had a local sports station in my town do things like this. All while up in one place to do their shows, get into activities, generate stories.

I think it's like that over an extended amount of time. They'll play games and who knows what else. But since they all are contained in one house, no commutes, people can pop out and end it could get nuts. Like an extreme group stream or something.

It's a wild idea. I look forward to hearing more.

The guys are killing it this E3. I can't believe the detail and time they put into ensuring they get impressions of so many games. The streams are videos are so lengthy and yet the energy and enthusiasm stays high.

I hope they get some rest after this because I truly don't know how they are still alive lol. Love and Respect, Allies!

Tankard

Noodles & Broth is fantastic, i think Ben came up with a killer idea to differentiate his show from the other Frame Traps.

About Trailer Jones, missed that atmosphere so much. Maybe just a word of advice for the allies who doesn't know this show from the GT days, don't know if other people feel that way, but they are really meticulous with their trailer reviewing, specially Jones, it can get very nitpicky too, so there are high chances you will disagree a lot with them and some scores, i would just advise to watch it in the right mind, it's a great thought provoking show.

J-Skee

Twitch app has 'Audio only mode'. I been using it to listen to allies impressions like a podcast at work

That + YouTube Red & downloading videos of their impressions, listening as I work has been a blessing.

But did anyone notice that IGN just gave GameTrailers a redesign?

NPQNjvS.jpg

Hasney

That + YouTube Red & downloading videos of their impressions, listening as I work has been a blessing.

But did anyone notice that IGN just gave GameTrailers a redesign?

NPQNjvS.jpg

They use the channel for actually posting game trailers, so the logo goes nicer with the current IGN logos.

Visceir

This Easy Livin' thing is kinda strange. I don't get it. They're gonna be streaming their vacation?

Seems like a good bonding experience and a good setup for more off-the-cuff fun shenanigans. Maybe we'll even get some camp fire stories.

Hope they've thought about the internet situation over there and make sure it'll meet their streaming needs.

I'm still way behind on their coverage. Slowly finishing up on day2 impressions and looking forward to watching Frame Trap.

ShadyK54

About Trailer Jones, missed that atmosphere so much. Maybe just a word of advice for the allies who doesn't know this show from the GT days, don't know if other people feel that way, but they are really meticulous with their trailer reviewing, specially Jones, it can get very nitpicky too, so there are high chances you will disagree a lot with them and some scores, i would just advise to watch it in the right mind, it's a great thought provoking show.

Good idea.

I've only watched one Trailer Score before this, & I was going to get real salty about the God of War trailer, but then I thought about it in the context of the show & I dealt with it better lol.

Tankard

Good idea.

I've only watched one Trailer Score before this, & I was going to get real salty about the God of War trailer, but then I thought about it in the context of the show & I dealt with it better lol.

Yeah, specially Jones, there is a lot of trailer reviews that i would just go loud "what?" in some of the critiques, but it's just the method they decided upon critiquing trailers and they make actually good points within their criteria.

I'm just saying because i know how some people like to "wait, they are so negative about this, i thought they were all about L&R". I know this show a bit to know they can get really critical.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
People need to stop conflating being critical with being negative it literally has 0 to do with not exercising L&R. I'd argue it's actually the opposite given for coming to a well reasoned explanation you go through consideration and deliberate which are parts of the concept of L&R.
If people want to ping EZA for something not being L&R it's the Battleborn/knack 1/etc jokes really.(And I say that as someone that can't help but laugh at those)

Tankard

People need to stop conflating being critical with being negative it literally has 0 with L&R.

Yeah, it's like some people in the community are expecting them to be exactly what some outsiders criticize them to be, just a bunch of guys who hype anything and don't get any criticism of anything.

Charamiwa

Banned
Noodles & Broth is fantastic, i think Ben came up with a killer idea to differentiate his show from the other Frame Traps.

Good advice, because the Trailer Jones live yesterday really brought out something out of some people, both in the chat and in the E3 thread. Especially after GoW, which in turn led to people trying to bring down BGE2 and Odyssey in the process. It was overall a weird atmosphere. Very similar to a GOTY or Oscar discussion, which I tend to dislike for the same reasons.

Hasney

I'm a bit bummed Jones wasn't on the Giant Bomb streams

Idk if it was a mistake or what but they had mentioned it on a podcast before E3.

I'm pretty sure it was a conversation where Jones said he couldn't say where he was showing up, then one of them went "You'll be on Giant Bomb's couch" and the Jones said "I could just be".

Watching the podcast recording and I really should've expected Kyle to shit on the XCOM 2 expansion, especially since (as usual), he didn't actually bother to check out even one article about what's in the expansion (although in his defense, it's been a busy week).

I did like Ian calling him out on being shitty to XCOM while highlighting other expansions, though.

Erevador

Easy Allies have been working so hard this E3. It's funny to watch this scrappy little outfit of guys working like crazy to make this thing happen. I hope this E3 has been bringing in a number of new fans.

Looking forward to watching this thing grow and grow.

Maximo

Easy Allies have been working so hard this E3. It's funny to watch this scrappy little outfit of guys working like crazy to make this thing happen. I hope this E3 has been bringing in a number of new fans.

Looking forward to watching this thing grow and grow.

Crazy to think next year we might be watching E3 reactions from their new studio.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
E3 has been super fun with EZA thank to everyone(including all the community people that did spread good vibes during it). Life making it difficult for my circle of friends to get together for e3 for fun the past 2 e3s so it's nice to have a fun place that I jive with to experience the event with in a way. Energy is just way different compared to just watching conferences on your own.

Axass

My E3 EZA takeaways:

1 - Jones greasing palms has been a necessary evil, but as soon as he came back I realized how fundamental his presence was. I missed him big time and I hope he spends more time on stream next year.

2 - Friend Code and the Podcast live didn't do anything for me, both dragged a bit and were unfocused. In general I think that they should just do more impressions and less standard stuff during E3 week...

3 - ...but Friend Code was amazeballs, probably due to the funny framing and being focused on few games. One of the best things coming out of EZA's E3.

4 - Thank Sweeney CHIM has been sealed, it got super-old super-quick. I swear I don't wanna hear about it ever again.

5 - Less logo space on their heads so that they can have a slightly bigger conference stream.

6 - The rotating moderation for live conferences was a surprisingly good idea, I'd like to see each ally do a different conference next year.

7 - Stoked for the beach thing, nice to see they're bonding even more.

It's been a marvelous E3, I think they've one-upped themselves from a year ago, too bad there was nothing mind-blowing to react to or it would've been perfect.

Anyone has a timestamp and video for this? I didn't catch it
It's the last 10-15 mins of last nights stream. They show a quick video.

I also liked that Jones will be dialing back the networking next year. He's done both extremes and now from how he talks about it he's figuring out that happy medium for next year.

Edit: Also I popped the evil within off the backlog and have been chipping away at it. Freaky game! I can only play a chapter or two a day because it slowly gets to me. Still overall enjoying it. I now completed chapter 5. Whew!

WarRock

2017 Noodles & Broth was amazing.

Don keeps being the best.

Great E3, thanks EZA.

And now to await for the swinsuit episode, box peek and possibly new Don show!?

Ultimadrago

Finally watching the Outlast II playthrough and got to the part where Kyle says they should record "Review Words" from Jones in case he ever loses his voice. "Compelling, Multi-player, Microtransactions..."

Had me laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom