• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Good news: We made it through Bush. We can make it through Trump.
Good news: He's anti-War and isolationist so hopefully that means he won't lead us to war like Bush did.
Good news: There's too much money at stake for him to really fuck things up.

Trump is way worse than Bush.
Trump is the furthest away from anti-war you can get.
Trump sees that money at stake and will attempt to steer it to himself.

Not saying we shouldn't have good vibes though. Stay optimistic, do your part to better society, and love your neighbors. We'll make it.

Auctopus

Is there an origin point of Huber's top 10 dopamine phrase?

It's referencing the old GT Top 10s. However, the "dopamine" has appeared recently due to Huber's 'realisation' that WoW's gameplay is actually stagnant and what he really plays for is the dopamine injection he gets from new gear etc.

It sounds kinda silly now cause he'll just say "Top 10 DOPAMINES" which makes about as much sense as "Top 10 OXYGENS" 'cause there's only one type of Dopamine. It's the rush, the injection of the dopamine in to your system which makes you feel good/satisfied.

I think a "Top 10 RUSHES" or "Top 10 THRILLS" would be pretty funny though but I understand Jones' sentiment to keep Top 10s dead.

Hasney

Yup, Brandon BUTCHERING the French language was hilarious. If he ever loses a bet reading something publicly in French or another foreign language would be a cool stake for him.

Do an alternative review where he records his script with whatever Google translate spits out.

jett

D-Member
SughJ7y.gif

Fou-Lu

I really relate to Huber's ability to love almost any game. There are so few games I have played that I didn't love on some level, and even those I can usually argue having good qualities when push comes to shove. This hobby is just jolly all day every day for me.

Chuck

Still without luck
I really relate to Huber's ability to love almost any game. There are so few games I have played that I didn't love on some level, and even those I can usually argue having good qualities when push comes to shove. This hobby is just jolly all day every day for me.

every game has something in it that's a tenouttaten

El-Suave

Posted it in Geoff's show thread already, but EZA should consider getting a magnetic board like they had on Geoff's show. Not as fancy as that one of course, but it would greatly enhance some of the games they're playing (and they play a lot of games). It could also come in handy during the GOTY discussion and betting specials.

LycanXIII

Posted it in Geoff's show thread already, but EZA should consider getting a magnetic board like they had on Geoff's show. Not as fancy as that one of course, but it would greatly enhance some of the games they're playing (and they play a lot of games). It could also come in handy during the GOTY discussion and betting specials.

Or just a whiteboard haha

Karu

Two reviews! Woo. Both look like fun games, although I probably won't play either. And Ben with that requested voice actor drop (Okay, it was Sean Bean but whatev :D )

Podcast was bummer-time this week :-(

I love it when Kyle does little dances because he really gets into it. The battleborn portion of his segment this week reminded me of the Final Bosman episode after he gave Liquid Bosman those cheetos.

I liked Kyle calling Jones "Brandon" when the game started, did it a few times and eventually slipped back into "Jones". It wasn't riiight

El-Suave

I wonder if anybody from the crew gets nominated as "trending gamer" for this year's VGA's next week? It'd probably be Brandon since EZA is officially his outlet.

Builders and Civ 6 reviews are up

I love so much of what I've seen of Builders but I'm just not really interested in a Minecraft like game. Seems like something I'll pick up next year for cheap if there's a drought or something (as right now the beginning of next year is insane....)

Jeez what's next year.... RE7, Gravity Rush, Nier, Horizon, Berserk, Zelda.....I bet Days Gone is coming in May and GOW is next winter's big game (to get delayed into 2018 lol)

Not to mention if the Switch ends up getting anything worthwhile for launch which like.....we'll see

Budi

I'm pretty bummed out because of Civ 6. At my current financial situation I can't be buying freshly released games. Also I don't really have time for it that much now, I have things to take care of. Will probably wait for first expansion to drop before getting it, even though it hurts.

Massa

I'm pretty bummed out because of Civ 6. At my current financial situation I can't be buying freshly released games. Also I don't really have time for it that much now, I have things to take care of. Will probably wait for first expansion to drop before getting it, even though it hurts.

It's being given away with video card bundles so you may be able to snag a cheap copy if you bookmark the BST thread.

demu

In this thread is definitely not enough love for Kyle playing Banjo-Kazooie. Looove it. I normally don't watch any LPs, but this one is so entertaining and jolly.

Too bad it's apparently almost over.

ilium

Playing MHG with the community last wednesday was really fun! Going to make sure to not miss it in the future since the timing is EU friendly as well.

Now I'm back into the MH grind... @@

sora87

In this thread is definitely not enough love for Kyle playing Banjo-Kazooie. Looove it. I normally don't watch any LPs, but this one is so entertaining and jolly.

Too bad it's apparently almost over.

Yes, there's something great about watching someone play through a game for the first time that they're genuinely loving.

WarRock

Not sure what was better during the podcast: Jones reading the french comment or Damiani's faces during the review blurbs game.

PepperedHam

Oh my god instant howling laughter after Jones started reading the Google translation of the IW YouTube comment in this week's podcast.

Budi

Patreons check the new Cup of Jones, it's all about Love & Respect! If there was one Cup of Jones episode available to all, I wish this would be it.

Patreons check the new Cup of Jones, it's all about Love & Respect! If there was one Cup of Jones episode available to all, I wish this would be it.
Yup it's a good one and highlights what makes EZA special not only in gaming circles but the Internet communities as a whole.

As we continue to evolve the Internet/social media landscape my hope is that more places start to foster and promote similar cultures. I'd like to think there will eventually be a level set and balance there.

Auctopus

The latest Frame Trap made me sort of realise how quick the drop-off was for Overwatch for the Allies (besides Brad). I remember how much they were hyping it up (especially Huber, who would repeatedly say how finished it felt when he had played it at Blizzcon) but I'm not sure if I ever heard anyone but Brad and briefly Ian mention it after release.

The latest Frame Trap made me sort of realise how quick the drop-off was for Overwatch for the Allies (besides Brad). I remember how much they were hyping it up (especially Huber, who would repeatedly say how finished it felt when he had played it at Blizzcon) but I'm not sure if I ever heard anyone but Brad and briefly Ian mention it after release.
Yea huber had some bad experiences with the overwatch community and after that he was essentially out

Fantastic episode of Cup of Jones. Well said and much needed. As unhappy as I am with their produced content, things like these are the reason why I'm still proud to support them since day one.

Loved that Kyle streamed SSX. Great game. Gave me a ton of launch day PS2 memories.

Between this, Ben replaying Yakuza and me replaying SH2 on PS2 I've started to really get a PS2 revisit impulse. Think I'll dig in during holiday break

Each console and gen has their own vibe and I'm ready to return back to the PS2 era

Mista Koo

I got Twilight Princess and Modern Warfare 2 in the podcast game. Thought of Uncharted for a moment but didn't know/think it had a short campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom