• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

I always forget how lucky we are to have such a positive community (for the most part). I've been flying between Extralife streams this weekend (mainly GS and GB) and man, some parts of their community seem awful. I remember how beloved Elyse was (except in the MU comments lol) but some of their female hosts just seem like punching bags for the viewers or are just completely ignored.

L&R.

I always forget how lucky we are to have such a positive community (for the most part). I've been flying between Extralife streams this weekend (mainly GS and GB) and man, some parts of their community seem awful. I remember how beloved Elyse was (except in the MU comments lol) but some of their female hosts just seem like punching bags for the viewers or are just completely ignored.

L&R.
Giant Bomb on Youtube or their members only chat?

Members only is moderated heavily and generally not full of shitbags, if it was Youtube then yeah....not surprised

wapplew

L&R.

Hey now, try to love and respect other communities.
But you're right, Allies is the best and that's a fact.

Kyle on stream right now playing eagle flight PSVR wants to take a closer look at something on his screen walks towards the tv, he is completely immersed.

The latest Frame Trap made me sort of realise how quick the drop-off was for Overwatch for the Allies (besides Brad). I remember how much they were hyping it up (especially Huber, who would repeatedly say how finished it felt when he had played it at Blizzcon) but I'm not sure if I ever heard anyone but Brad and briefly Ian mention it after release.
You think that was fast? They seemingly dropped WoW after what felt like a week after the hype episode for it.

Truly we need that WC3 remake to make Blizzard great again.

Karu

Both Eagle Flight and Robinson looked cool, but Kyle getting kinda sick or "squeezy" after his Robinson sessions still is so scary to me. No chance to try out Vr and even then I prop wouldn't buy it, but still...

wapplew

Both Eagle Flight and Robinson looked cool, but Kyle getting kinda sick or "squeezy" after his Robinson sessions still is so scary to me. No chance to try out Vr and even then I prop wouldn't buy it, but still...

Game with dual shock movement control without cockpit does it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
That Easy Update episode...
What the hell, they killed Zelda way to early. :-(

Mista Koo

From a game design perspective that kill your babies game made no sense. Each person can easily rank their favorites and cross the least favorite every single time.
Also the ramifications are totally ignored. Without Street Fighter no fighting game, at least the way we know them now, would exist. Same with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, neither Chrono Trigger nor Pokemon would be a thing. And let's not think of how the gaming landscape would look without Mario and Zelda.

Giant Bomb on Youtube or their members only chat?

Members only is moderated heavily and generally not full of shitbags, if it was Youtube then yeah....not surprised
EZA Youtube is bad too. Also this community is still very small so it's easy to claim that it's something it isn't.

Karu

From a game design perspective that kill your babies game made no sense. Each person can easily rank their favorites and cross the least favorite every single time.
Also the ramifications are totally ignored. Without Street Fighter no fighting game, at least the way we know them now, would exist. Same with Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, neither Chrono Trigger nor Pokemon would be a thing. And let's not think of how the gaming landscape would look without Mario and Zelda.
You thought way to hard about that for what that game is supposed to be.. :p

One little point in the last Frame Trap, I think maybe the dead franchise for a Switch sequel was meant to be Dead Space not Dead Rising.

Auctopus

I don't know if you're from around then but they played this game back in the last days of GT. The discussion was a lot more thought out (influence, sales, etc.) instead of like you said, just crossing out games they hadn't played or didn't like.

I think at GT, Minecraft ended up winning.

Deadman

Really loved frame trap.

Favourite line "now im ok with just building a piece of shit and moving on"

Doom for shooter goty.

Those FFXV streams from Damiani this weekend sure were... well... um, not good. Audio issues, lack of commentary, no camera, and 30 minutes of pinball.

Mikey Jr.

Seriously, what the fuck was up with that pinball?

Bounced after 20 min. Come on damiani.

Also, on another note, nice surge in patron numbers this month.

Also, on another note, nice surge in patron numbers this month.

Yea all from one fairly simple challenge by Blood from the podcast (something Kyle wasn't really on board with). People responded from it well. Imagine if they really went all out in a PBS telethon style.

I know it's not their style but if they really want to hit $50k they'll need to go there. I don't fault them in rushing it. But after year one I think it's time to start pushing it a little more.

Can't believe it took me until the end of the music TTE special to realise try were RPing as the same characters from the cave episode...I'm such an idiot.

sora87

Those FFXV streams from Damiani this weekend sure were... well... um, not good. Audio issues, lack of commentary, no camera, and 30 minutes of pinball.

Yeah, not good really. I hardly bother with Damiani's streams cause there's too much messing around and stuff, plus even if the cam's on he can go long stretches without saying anything.

I bought a Pro from Amazon and with that they gave me a voucher code for $20 off Infinite Warfare standard or legacy edition.

I'm not going to use it, so thought i'd throw it in here if anyone wants to take advantage of it. Code is valid until the 15th.

PBRF-PTUQL4-AS654Y

Dmax3901

Random thought that came to mind today. It'd be cool if as part of the GOTY stuff each Ally nominated their favourite 'moment' of the year, whether that be something that happened on a stream (eg Kyle's trial) or just their favourite video full stop.

Then we all vote on which 'moment' was our favourite. Or something.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I check patron stats once in a while and really nice to see that we're right now at the highest we've been when it comes to number of patrons(5326).
I assume that Blood's challenge at least convinced a few of those.
Now just hoping people stay on board. :-x To be honest maybe I shouldn't care too much given that they've said they're pretty happy so far but I can't help it but feel good seeing this grow.

I highly doubt Blood asking for people to pay them is the reason and more the fact that Brandon and Bosman recent efforts have advertised EZA more and more. Not to mention that maybe current viewers now view them as something worth their money.

I do know that if I wasn't paying them already, I would not have been swayed by Bloods challenge.

Hasney

I highly doubt Blood asking for people to pay them is the reason and more the fact that Brandon and Bosman recent efforts have advertised EZA more and more. Not to mention that maybe current viewers now view them as something worth their money.

I do know that if I wasn't paying them already, I would not have been swayed by Bloods challenge.

The numbers backup it happening around the podcast time.

https://graphtreon.com/creator/EasyAllies

Makes sense that it's a lot of small contributors as well with the average per patron dropping with a lot of $1 people. not that that matters, every dollar helps, but it all makes sense that it was a decent kick.

Mista Koo

Decided to become a patron because of the person here who was shaming non-patrons who send gifts :p

I don't know if you're from around then but they played this game back in the last days of GT. The discussion was a lot more thought out (influence, sales, etc.) instead of like you said, just crossing out games they hadn't played or didn't like.

I think at GT, Minecraft ended up winning.
No, only watched Final Bosman, Bets Showdown, Top 10s, and Fiasco then. But just playing it with more players would've made it interesting since you are even less in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom