• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarRock

I wish I could tell ya, but I haven't played VP yet. What are its time mechanics like?
You are preparing warriors to send to Valhalla so they can fight in the Ragnarok, so the game itself has a limited amount of weeks. Each chapter has an X amount of hours, and descending to a town (where you can recruit possible warriors, watch cutscenes that may unlock story paths or dungeons or get special equipment for certain characters) expends one hour, while dungeons expend two hours. Doesn't matter how much real time you spend in the town/dungeon itself. You can also use some hours to rest and recover HP. Usually though, you want to spend one hour to meditate and localize new dungeons or sense a possible recruitable warrior - but you need to do it for each dungeon/character that you can find in that chapter.

Before the chapter ends, you are supposed to send at least one warrior to Valhalla (but you can choose not to), since each day the gods ask for warriors with certain traits and skills to help with the war.

It's not a literal clock counting down while you play, and how much time you need to spend each day varies in how much you need to train the characters or how much you want to explore.

openrob

I just want to say that I liked having a pre recorded bit tacked on the end of the podcast.

Would like to see that more often, it was only little, but opens up the chance of bonus bits coming back ;)

Ultimadrago

Yeah, I'm liking some of the bets results being shown after the podcast. They're usually good fun and a nice way to send off the video.

Didn't get the arguments against mentioning a voice actor in a video games. As tech gets better and better, all that happens is all the technology is disappearing and we see more and more of the actor's intended performance. You don't get Uncharted without those actors. And at that point, they aren't just doing voice acting but a full performance. And sure there is script writing in video games... but there is in a movie too. And presentation of the actor (directing, cinematography, special effects, etc) are all factors in movies too... but we don't usually think about it because movies are a lot better at it now... but eventually video games will get there.

Solobbos

Is it possible to link the early podcasts to my iTunes podcast RSS feeds somehow? I hate downloading it as a separate song and adding it to my iPod, rewinding continuing to listen to it is much harder than with normal podcasts.

Burt

Blood's about to stream some Gwent beta, just to give a heads up to anyone who hasn't looked at the schedule.

slash3584

With the Planet Coaster beta coming this wednesday I got to thinking, does Jones knows about this game?

I mean he loves building stuff and loves theme parks and from what they've shown it could be his game of the forever.

Auctopus

I know it isn't going to come out in its predicted quarter but I feel like a lot of people have forgotten about Dragon Quest XI. When it was first revealed when the guys were at GT, I remember it being predicted for Q4 2016.

I'm assuming it's been delayed but it could easily appear at some point in 2017.

Funny seeing Huber getting excited about the Steel Drgaon in IW and how similar it is to the tesla cannon...it's almost like they were made by the same people.....*cough*Raven*cough*.

El-Suave

I really appreciate Kyle following up on his VR experiences. It's good to know that at least one Ally is on the VR bandwagon. I hope he keeps championing it.

Burt

Speaking of which, I think I've said it before, but I would kill to see an Accounting stream on their Vive at some point.

I know it's probably a pain in the ass to set the Vive up in the garage, but maybe they can work it into a... I dunno, "Quarterly VR Update" group stream night. I keep an eye on the Vive thread, and it seems like there's been a lot of good stuff coming out. Onward, Raw Data, and Keep Talking and No One Explodes are some more I would love to see them get their hands on. KTANOE in particular seems like it would be an amazing group stream game.

It was a pretty good Frametrap. Highlight was 40minutes of what Kyle's been playing.
Low light, Ian calling something racist that isn't...and not for the 1st time on Frametrap.

Pretty meaty FrameTrap this week. I suspected I was going to skip around a bit, since the description mentioned a whole lot of shooter talk, and it's a genre I have little to no interest in. I somehow got managed to sit through the whole thing however. Ben talking about Monster Hunter put a smile on my face too. The guy clearly seem to get it. It's not the easiest series to get into, but if you get over the initial hurdle, it's so rewarding.

Karu

It was a pretty good Frametrap. Highlight was 40minutes of what Kyle's been playing.
Low light, Ian calling something racist that isn't...and not for the 1st time on Frametrap.
Well, Kyle pulled it apart pretty quickly.

Otherwise great episode from start to finish.

It's legit impressive how much work Brandon's put into DQ Builders. I just platted it the other day and mostly rushed through it (due to the time constraint challenges and starting from scratch with each chapter) but man, some of the stuff he's done is so cool. The railway he built for Chapter 3 blew my mind and I also can't believe he made the Chapter 4 castle three stories high.

Budi

I don't know, I chuckled at that. This is what makes Ian for me, I can just shake my head and say "oh Ian!". Love it. It's a huge part of his persona and atleast it comes from good intentions.

Another great episode, though as long as it was, I was still hoping for more.

Been listening to the EZA podcasts months ago, and after that top notch E3 coverage and this recent excellent material they've been putting out, I was finally compelled to pledging to their Patreon!

Hope they can keep up with putting out great content and insightful discussion. This last Frame Trap was ace. Much L&R, guys!

Been listening to the EZA podcasts months ago, and after that top notch E3 coverage and this recent excellent material they've been putting out, I was finally compelled to pledging to their Patreon!

Hope they can keep up with putting out great content and insightful discussion. This last Frame Trap was ace. Much L&R, guys!
Welcome!
the_final_deletion_video_square-300x300.jpg

Joqu

You are preparing warriors to send to Valhalla so they can fight in the Ragnarok, so the game itself has a limited amount of weeks. Each chapter has an X amount of hours, and descending to a town (where you can recruit possible warriors, watch cutscenes that may unlock story paths or dungeons or get special equipment for certain characters) expends one hour, while dungeons expend two hours. Doesn't matter how much real time you spend in the town/dungeon itself. You can also use some hours to rest and recover HP. Usually though, you want to spend one hour to meditate and localize new dungeons or sense a possible recruitable warrior - but you need to do it for each dungeon/character that you can find in that chapter.

Before the chapter ends, you are supposed to send at least one warrior to Valhalla (but you can choose not to), since each day the gods ask for warriors with certain traits and skills to help with the war.

It's not a literal clock counting down while you play, and how much time you need to spend each day varies in how much you need to train the characters or how much you want to explore.

Sounds interesting. Thanks.

So, considering it's not a literal clock counting down, as you said, I can tell I'd enjoy this a whole lot more in that regard, yeah. The stress comes from the inability to take a breather which you can do here. I don't think it adds the urgency Huber is looking for though, but it does make time feel important which is always neat in video games.

Ulitmately it's more about the decision making I suppose, like a Persona 3 or 4's time elements.

Now mind you, that stuff sounds like a nightmare to the completionist in me, but that's another matter. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom