• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I was definitely disheartened to see the Anthem BS in there. Reeks of "is this news?"

Even worse if the Crash stuff isn't mentioned after last podcast heavily getting into whether Crash could still be a thing

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I was definitely disheartened to see the Anthem BS in there. Reeks of "is this news?"

Even worse if the Crash stuff isn't mentioned after last podcast heavily getting into whether Crash could still be a thing

The only Crash mention that I've come across so far was a small bit when they discuss the publisher line-ups of Activision, EA and Ubisoft. But it's not a follow up of last week's discussion.

Edit: That first L&R question... the ending... "I haven't played either of these games."

msl6h99.gif

Deimo5

It's a real 'offseason' podcast as they mention with sports near the beginning

It's a real 'offseason' podcast as they mention with sports near the beginning
Yeah I figured, nothing really going on lately

Me reading how everyone is upset about the dumb Anthem stuff being talked about on the podcast

tumblr_ort2om3RzX1qi4iczo1_400.gif
Can't speak for anyone else. I was just kind of irked at it being one of the big discussion points because the GAF thread on it pretty quickly figured out "they just host whatever's sent to them".

Not like it's going to keep me from listening or anything but yeah, I was listening to last week's episode earlier today and was looking forward to their reactions to its success

It's the final ever Bosman vs Wozniak tonight right?

Can I ask that people use spoiler tags when discussing it in this thread for a little while please?

I'm really looking forward to him unleashing his true powers.

It's the final ever Bosman vs Wozniak tonight right?

Can I ask that people use spoiler tags when discussing it in this thread for a little while please?

I'm really looking forward to him unleashing his true powers.

I hope Kyle is getting a good night's sleep; eats something first and gets his refreshments sorted.

This feels like quite the event and I am looking forward to seeing his last attempts.

I still feel that the 400k at level 13 run a couple of weeks ago was the one though :(

Just someone that got sick of vs Wozniak and wants to see Kyle do something else on friday. Kill me

As long as it is half-decent games and not the jank that Dumb Game Monday brings.

cm osi

what if the last boz vs woz is just a 15 minute stream where bosman easily destroy woz record because he played us like a fiddle for a whole year?

yah, not gonna happen

.... so that's it.

BosWoz is ending.

This show made me a patreon. Yeah, really. I only got to know GT (and Final Bosman) 2 weeks before the shutdown, so I wasn't a big fan or anything. I started watching the podcasts and some streams, but it was BosWoz that made me think "yeah, this is worth one buck"

Next month I bumped to 5$ to get the podcast early, and now I'm at the 7$ tier.

I had some bad times in my life recently and I was legit happy to have BosWoz to look forward on my fridays. I can't explain exactly why, but it was always a good time to hang with chat, yell YESSUM, try to be a buran pilot, hear bits. And keep the highscore spreadsheet updated

Here it is, tonight it will be the last time I update this.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1peP9T7bAyiC-ASeQx1cvNgGV2MisdrBSvEQamNVg1TY/edit?usp=sharing

.... so that's it.

BosWoz is ending.

This show made me a patreon. Yeah, really. I only got to know GT (and Final Bosman) 2 weeks before the shutdown, so I wasn't a big fan or anything. I started watching the podcasts and some streams, but it was BosWoz that made me think "yeah, this is worth one buck"

I had some bad times in my life recently and I was legit happy to have BosWoz to look forward on my fridays. I can't explain exactly why, but it was always a good time to hang with chat, yell YESSUM, try to be a buran pilot, hear bits. And keep the highscore spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1peP9T7bAyiC-ASeQx1cvNgGV2MisdrBSvEQamNVg1TY/edit?usp=sharing

So much this. The start of the year was a bad time and having Kyle to listen to whilst striving towards Woz's score was something to look forward. I still chuckle thinking about the person who said they were watching it on their wedding night.

Anyway, I hope things are better for you.

Bosman v Wozniak has been my favorite stream to follow since like Adam Sessler and Anthony Carboni at Rev3Games streamed their playthrough of Outlast in 2013

I don't even like Tetris, I've never really played it (certainly not enough to get good at it and appreciate it) but the streams have been an absolute joy to follow. From watching the first couple on archive to actually staying up until 4am (or later) watching them live until he bumped them to a more reasonable time

Beyond just being a part of chat I'm glad I was able to contribute to the show itself in some way when people were submitting created songs, which would eventually turn into the awesome song submission system

Would love to see Kyle break the score tonight. We'll see what happens, but hope it's a good one

Thanks again Kyle for providing a weird and amazing form of entertainment every week for the past year (and profound disappointment on weeks without streams). L&R

Ultimadrago

While I didn't watch every episode of Bos v. Woz, I was really looking forward to seeing him beat that score. He got progressively better (I think?) and it would have only been a matter of more time. Ah well.

emb

While I didn't watch every episode of Bos v. Woz, I was really looking forward to seeing him beat that score. He got progressively better (I think?) and it would have only been a matter of more time. Ah well.
Same. I might be asking too much, but I really hope he gives it more attempts every once in a while (every couple months?) even after it stops being a regular thing. I don't watch it much, but I really wish he'd beat the score!

Bosman v Wozniak has been my favorite stream to follow since like Adam Sessler and Anthony Carboni at Rev3Games streamed their playthrough of Outlast in 2013

I don't even like Tetris, I've never really played it (certainly not enough to get good at it and appreciate it) but the streams have been an absolute joy to follow. From watching the first couple on archive to actually staying up until 4am (or later) watching them live until he bumped them to a more reasonable time

Beyond just being a part of chat I'm glad I was able to contribute to the show itself in some way when people were submitting created songs, which would eventually turn into the awesome song submission system

Would love to see Kyle break the score tonight. We'll see what happens, but hope it's a good one

Thanks again Kyle for providing a weird and amazing form of entertainment every week for the past year (and profound disappointment on weeks without streams). L&R

It has been such an entertaining and odd ride during the past 52 streams. It has honestly lifted my spirits immensely when I haven't been feeling great.

It feels like the final of a sports event tonight. No pressure Kyle...

Yeah 400k is now considered a minimum and is achieved pretty often.

Same. I might be asking too much, but I really hope he gives it more attempts every once in a while (every couple months?) even after it stops being a regular thing. I don't watch it much, but I really wish he'd beat the score!

I think he said he would do the occasional stream.

abrack08

You guys think he has a 546,145 gif prepared, just in case?

.... so that's it.

BosWoz is ending.

So much this. The start of the year was a bad time and having Kyle to listen to whilst striving towards Woz's score was something to look forward. I still chuckle thinking about the person who said they were watching it on their wedding night.

Anyway, I hope things are better for you.

Same for me. Right around the time Easy Allies and Bosman v Wozniak started, my (now ex) girlfriend and I broke up after 8 years. This stream, the podcast, and Tabletop were pretty much the only things I looked forward to each week and really enjoyed for a while.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I will modify the bot to silently delete song submissions of users who bet below 546145 tonight.

Auctopus

I might have to finally unsubscribe from Gametrailers, it was only sentimental value as I'd been subscribed for several years. But the amount of trailers uploaded everyday is too much now.

jett

D-Member
BvW is also my favorite weekly stream, really wish Bosman wouldn't quit. He has been making steady progress, and reached 500k only a few weeks ago.

I hope for a solid final run!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/bye-b.gif[img]

It feels nice being the only one that feels that way.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/648/220/67b.jpg

Finally had a few minutes to work my way through part of the podcast and my main takeaway right now is I REALLY wish one of the Allies would give Andromeda more of a chance, especially now that we are in more of a "dry" part of the year. It's one of the more fascinating (for both good and bad reasons) releases I can remember. I'm not debating the awfulness and how hilarious the GIFS were at release, but they in my opinion largely painted this game as an unmitigated dumpster fire. The animations were comically bad (been cleaned up a lot since release), but were so overblown if you actually sat down and played the game. They were basically an easy way to dunk on the game, especially with Zelda/Horizon and other much more polished games released near this time.

First off, I'm not advocating in any way that Andromeda is some sort of "secret" masterpiece, far from it! It's a "swimming in 7's" game that is wildly flawed that has dizzying highs and lows. But if you enjoyed the OG trilogy at all, I certainly would recommend this game without hesitation especially for the current price point and the amount of improvements (It's insane the launch day decisions they made and later omitted that were in this game) that in my opinion, make this a Mass Effect-ass Mass Effect game. In my opinion, it easily has the best combat of the series, a decent story and I think the characters were very strong as well (remember if you're comparing them to the OG trilogy characters, they had three games to develop).

If you have any interest in playing Andromeda now, you're getting a significantly cleaned up and better version than those that played it at release got. So many massively needed quality of life, graphical, bugs, and common sense improvements have been made to this game.

A major tip to anyone that does decide to play Andromeda:
-Basically SKIP everything in the "additional tasks" folder. This game is insane. They just vomit up these almost completely worthless tasks that do little if anything to the story or give any worthwhile rewards. This game like lacked an editor, everything got in. I think I beat this game with 99% completion and largely 60% of the game (the additional tasks folder) I'd say to skip without hesitation.

This was a bad thing about Andromeda, but with hindsight I think anyone playing it knowing this in advance would have a far better time. The loyalty quests and main story are decent, and without the easily avoidable filler, I think they'd be even better if you didn't slog through the shit to get to the "meat" of this gmae. Why they wanted to make an 80-90 hour Mass Effect game, I have no idea, but playing all the "important" parts of this game should only take 30-40ish hours, I'd guess.

ABOUT THE DLC STUFF FROM THE POD:
In my opinion, this was far worse than GTA's non-DLC awfulness. Not a spoiler, but at the end of Andromeda they practically bash you over the head with what the DLC will be. It's different knowing exactly what it was going to be rather than just a vague promise of "single player DLC coming."

I'd read a book about Andromeda. The amount of batshit insane decisions made at basically every level of this game is astounding. Just such a bummer that this all had to happen to what was my favorite series of games.

Auctopus

Finally got time to watch the podcast and agree with some of the comments, just a really 'meh' pick of topics.

10 minutes on that Anthem mistake? Did what was most likely an intern's mistake really need that much scrutiny?

Maybe it's just me and that my main gaming forum is GAF but I'm pretty tired of hearing about FROM/Souls: I'm a huge fan but they've been a relevant developer for the last 6-7 years straight and I feel like I don't need to hear anything about them until they have something to say themselves. I mean, they don't even have a game out this year (in a packed year) for the first time in a while yet they're still a talking topic. Like Bosman said, it was an "easy" question but it wasn't hugely interesting. That's not any fault of the panel or what they said, it's just a bit of a tired topic to me right now.

I dunno, maybe I'm just in a funk but for a podcast that usually has a good amount of attitude/personality, this week's episode was a little "ehhhh", especially for such a strong cast.

edit: just so it's not an entirely negative post, the question about features over game quality is a great question despite their asker not playing the games. Titanfall 2 is a good example of number of modes over quality of modes (it's a good thing they were pretty good from the start).

Finally had a few minutes to work my way through part of the podcast and my main takeaway right now is I REALLY wish one of the Allies would give Andromeda more of a chance, especially now that we are in more of a "dry" part of the year. It's one of the more fascinating (for both good and bad reasons) releases I can remember. I'm not debating the awfulness and how hilarious the GIFS were at release, but they in my opinion largely painted this game as an unmitigated dumpster fire. The animations were comically bad (been cleaned up a lot since release), but were so overblown if you actually sat down and played the game. They were basically an easy way to dunk on the game, especially with Zelda/Horizon and other much more polished games released near this time.

First off, I'm not advocating in any way that Andromeda is some sort of "secret" masterpiece, far from it! It's a "swimming in 7's" game that is wildly flawed that has dizzying highs and lows. But if you enjoyed the OG trilogy at all, I certainly would recommend this game without hesitation especially for the current price point and the amount of improvements (It's insane the launch day decisions they made and later omitted that were in this game) that in my opinion, make this a Mass Effect-ass Mass Effect game. In my opinion, it easily has the best combat of the series, a decent story and I think the characters were very strong as well (remember if you're comparing them to the OG trilogy characters, they had three games to develop).

If you have any interest in playing Andromeda now, you're getting a significantly cleaned up and better version than those that played it at release got. So many massively needed quality of life, graphical, bugs, and common sense improvements have been made to this game.

A major tip to anyone that does decide to play Andromeda:
-Basically SKIP everything in the "additional tasks" folder. This game is insane. They just vomit up these almost completely worthless tasks that do little if anything to the story or give any worthwhile rewards. This game like lacked an editor, everything got in. I think I beat this game with 99% completion and largely 60% of the game (the additional tasks folder) I'd say to skip without hesitation.

This was a bad thing about Andromeda, but with hindsight I think anyone playing it knowing this in advance would have a far better time. The loyalty quests and main story are decent, and without the easily avoidable filler, I think they'd be even better if you didn't slog through the shit to get to the "meat" of this gmae. Why they wanted to make an 80-90 hour Mass Effect game, I have no idea, but playing all the "important" parts of this game should only take 30-40ish hours, I'd guess.
Also, play on PC, using these mods:
If you're playing on PC, here's a list of mods I highly recommend:
Free Remnant Decryption Keys (1000x)
Road Rage (increased Nomad collision damage to enemies)
Materials for Sale (all crafting materials can be bought on the Tempest for free)
General Augs Rebalanced (full disclosure: I made this mod - sets a wide variety of augments to give 10% bonuses to weapons/gear)
Weight Cooldown Bonus (brings back ME3's less weight = faster cooldowns mechanic)
Hyper Mobility (better sprint speed, better jump height & distance, might get you stuck on invisible geometry)
Squadmates Damage (buff to squadmate stats so they're less useless)
No Profile Switching Cooldown (switching profiles doesn't cause all abilities to cooldown)
Shut Up SAM (Reduces SAM chatter about environmental hazards)

Tools you should have:
MEA Recovery Tool (let's you revert changes if modding causes problems)
Frosty Mod Manager (lets you run mods in a nice UI, remember to double click the mods on the list to the left)
MEAExplorer Ansel DLLs (download them & stick them in the MEA game folder so the mods will actually work)

Mass Effect games are always better once you can skip a lot of the grinding and deal with some of the weird restrictions Bioware likes to put in combat.

Philippo

I wonder if they put the green screen for Huber Syndrome in the garage or Huber is so maniac he installed it in his living room.

I went into the podcast thinking that all those L&R complaints must surely be exagerrated and, well, that was bad pick. I guess Kyle chose it thinking it sounded controversial and it would start a conversation, but it was really mostly bait and they fell for it and wasted 20 minutes on a dead track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom