• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneefoil

I'm all for that Mario Golf. We've seen them play fighters bunch of times already, but this would something a bit different.

Voted for SCII for all you fighting game nerdz and the crybabies over the Tekken-loss out there! :D #loveandrespect
Mario Golf sounds like fun, but I had a hard time imagining a tournament based on it in the five seconds I thought about it.
If you read the post, it says that they would probably do Quick Cash mode if Mario Golf won. Basically you just try to make the ball hit as many coins as possible with a few shots.

Karu

That reminds me we also still have to get the epic Pokemon Stadium minigame stream! Schlurp! Karpador! Pippi! Traumato!

MrMette

I voted for Mario Golf because we had quite a lot of fighting games the last few times (also, I like golf games). That said, I am sure the other two will give a great tournament as well.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Why is Mario Golf even up there? Terrible. This is how you keep cultivating so many appalling questions in L&R from salty fanboy freakos.

There's been so much quality stuff we'll never get to see a tournament of like Tekken 7, Wipeout, or it'd be fun to see them play That's You.

Instead its going to be an old Mario Golf game followed the next week, if they can get a copy, by Splatoon 2. Whichever way you look at it, it depicts a heavy bias and reinforces it within the community.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Debate the points or just make more Hasnoise like Kyles new next-door baby ghoul.

Hasney

The only fault is putting up too many fighting games. Your crazed theories on bias that seem nonexistent and totally unfounded are difficult to argue against, like arguing against a flat earther.

Having watched Giant Bomb play That's You, I'd probably rather pull my eyeballs out than watch it again. It's just a game of agreeing with people.

Pie and Beans

I think Kyles a smart guy, and I think at this point he's playing these weekly game choices to the incumbent audience. And yeah, thats how they're paying the bills, but its also the point at which the audience wholeheartedly decides your outfits bias.

A game that wouldn't have stood a chance in a vote but would make a dynamite tournament night is Virtual On which just got added to Xbox One BC. It is, after all, the better ARMS. Providing audiences with something new and unexpected runs in competition with nostalgia votes and makes, in my opinion, for shittier weekly nights.

MrMette

Why is Mario Golf even up there? Terrible. This is how you keep cultivating so many appalling questions in L&R from salty fanboy freakos.

There's been so much quality stuff we'll never get to see a tournament of like Tekken 7, Wipeout, or it'd be fun to see them play That's You.

Instead its going to be an old Mario Golf game followed the next week, if they can get a copy, by Splatoon 2. Whichever way you look at it, it depicts a heavy bias and reinforces it within the community.
The last Nintendo hardware product I bought was a gameboy pocket when it released (I think 20 years ago or something, although I did pre-order an SNES classic, so I guess that's technically the most recent thing), but I am not a Nintendo fanboy by a long stretch of the imagination. That said, one thing you can say about their games is that they create good multiplayer/party games and especially that a lot of their games give fun vibes. I want the groupstream to have fun vies and like I said before, there have been quite a lot of fighting games the last few streams, time for something fresh.

That's the reason I voted for Mario Golf, but as there are no shitty games in there this time, I'm ok with both the other games as well. I did enjoy playing Soul Calibur on a friends Xbox back in the day.

ShadyK54

Debate the points or just make more Hasnoise like Kyles new next-door baby ghoul.

I think Kyles a smart guy, and I think at this point he's playing these weekly game choices to the incumbent audience. And yeah, thats how they're paying the bills, but its also the point at which the audience wholeheartedly decides your outfits bias.

A game that wouldn't have stood a chance in a vote but would make a dynamite tournament night is Virtual On which just got added to Xbox One BC. It is, after all, the better ARMS. Providing audiences with something new and unexpected runs in competition with nostalgia votes and makes, in my opinion, for shittier weekly nights.

Damn man, chill. No need for the salt, it's just a game lol.

Can't tell if you're genuinely mad that the games you picked aren't winning or you just have some very strong hatred for Nintendo and/or their multiplayer offerings or something.

Lexad

As a sony guy, I would love for them to do some good old fashioned Zombies in Halo. Download a couple of hilarious game mods and go to town.

PepperedHam

its-only-game.gif

Damn man, chill. No need for the salt, it's just a game lol.

Can't tell if you're genuinely mad that the games you picked aren't winning or you just have some very strong hatred for Nintendo and/or their multiplayer offerings or something.
It's P&B. He pretty much only shows up here to use it as his complaint line

Mario Golf is fine. There is no Nintendo bias. Golf will be different and make for a hilarious stream. Thank god it's not another fighting game.

I will say that so far, the Nintendo games have actually made for some of the best streams though. The older games were great for local multiplayer. And even stuff like Pokemon Snap made for one of the best streams they've had. The Mario Kart 64 one is the goat though. That shit got intense in all the right ways.

ito007

I think Mario golf would be a great stream. It's slow pace can allow more time for mingling.

EDIT: Wait it's the Gamecube one? I played this game endlessly when I was younger.

MrMette

Mario golf when Everybody Golf just month away?

Everybody's Golf comes out at the end of August (so 7 weeks left according to releases.com). That said, I do agree that this is a decent enough reason not to vote for Mario Golf (I am still going to stay put, but I understand where you are coming from).

Hasney

I think it's mostly winning because it's not a fighting game.

Just went to see what could be played next month and it's a shame multiplayer 3DS games aren't feasible as Culdecept Revolt would be great.

Also, move aside October 27th, August 29th is my personal wallet buster. Culdecept Revolt, Mario & Rabbids AND Yakuza Kiwami all on the same day.... Everybody's Golf is only a day later!

Deimo5

Arcadey Golf with a large group usually makes for a fun stream. I would like to see the Everybody's series get some rep over another Mario game but it's not out yet (I guess you could throwback to an older title as well though).
Ready 2 Rumble getting left behind, why not Round 2 at least? Make Shaq and Michael Jackson duke it out.

Just managed to watch all the Tetris stream - I was wishing for a dream ending but it was not to be. Good going Kyle; it seemed like the weekly stream was getting to you in the end.

I am looking forward to the game building stream when you get round to doing it.

Axass

I voted Mario Golf.

1. We've had plenty of fighting games on stream during the last month: Injustice 2, Tekken 7, ARMS and Guilty Gear. Since the beginning of the year we've also had Persona 4 Arena, For Honor, WWE, Bushido Blade, Smash and I'm probably forgetting something. Moreover, Ready to Rumble is a mediocre game, especially if they aren't playing the DC version.

2. The Allies, save a few exceptions, aren't that good or much interested in fighting games in general. The tournament would be dominated by the same two-three people, a golf game puts everyone on the same level and is easy to learn.

3. They've seldom played a sports game and never played a golf game, also I think that the genre could end up creating lots of funny moments.

4. Whatever you think about Nintendo, their games have usually resulted in great and funny streams: MK64, MK8D, 1, 2, Switch, Pokémon Snap, Super Mario Maker, Nintendoland's Luigi game, Pokken.

Even though I have issues with Patreon choices for group streams, Mario Golf is one of the last games I'd complain about.

Stuff like that really stupid horse game? Sure. That stream sucked because the game was a bore. But Mario Golf? It's gonna be quality.

It's just funny to me that people are saying "I voted Mario Golf because it's not a fighting game"

I'm with you 100% that I've been tired of people picking fighting games for streams for like.....the entirety of EZA, just because they streamed like The Last Blade once and everyone thought "WOW FIGHTING GAMES = HYPE STREAMS". Still, Soul Calibur 2 is one I'd actually want to see them stream because it's jolly and easy to pick up and play, and quick duels to keep it moving

There's generally rad options for voting but they don't happen because the hierarchy of voting priority tends to be Memes - > Nintendo - > Game with punching. If it happens to have more than one of those, whew

There's no conspiracy but for me personally there's a trend of group stream votes being both predictable and not really something I want to tune into

Also let's be real if something like Smash Bros was on the list every week people would still vote for it, so I don't entirely buy the fatigue angle

Tankard

Watched the last hour and half of BvW, couldn't watch all live because it was too late.
Sad to see it go, watched the whole thing from beginning to end, many times going to sleep very late, 3-4a.m because it was just too fun. Thank you, Kyle for the streams and teaching me how to play Tetris, i'm still doing it.

Edit. About the Group Stream, ugh...it's just unfortunately pushing me away for a while now, but nothing i can do.

It's just funny to me that people are saying "I voted Mario Golf because it's not a fighting game"

I'm with you 100% that I've been tired of people picking fighting games for streams for like.....the entirety of EZA, just because they streamed like The Last Blade once and everyone thought "WOW FIGHTING GAMES = HYPE STREAMS". Still, Soul Calibur 2 is one I'd actually want to see them stream because it's jolly and easy to pick up and play, and quick duels to keep it moving

There's generally rad options for voting but they don't happen because the hierarchy of voting priority tends to be Memes - > Nintendo - > Game with punching. If it happens to have more than one of those, whew

There's no conspiracy but for me personally there's a trend of group stream votes being both predictable and not really something I want to tune into

Also let's be real if something like Smash Bros was on the list every week people would still vote for it, so I don't entirely buy the fatigue angle

You convinced me to change my vote to SC2.

I think Kyle should select 3 games within a genre for each month.

SC2 v Tekken v DoA for a month

Mario Golf v Everybody's Golf v Mario Tennis

Or something following these lines.

jett

D-Member
lol I started watching Ippo because it was brought up in this thread, and Huber hasn't even started it.

p.s. it's awesome.

Maligna

Banned
I like that the Allies are talking about anime now. Unfortunately it seems like it's all stuff from the mid 2000s and onwards which is exactly when I fell off of anime.

Ben, any chance you guys will talk about classics such as all the stuff that had been uploaded to this channel?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-YZH6Iv0R-221C26MthWVA

Or other stuff like Ranma 1/2, Macross, Bubblegum Crisis, Guyver etc?

lol I started watching Ippo because it was brought up in this thread, and Huber hasn't even started it.

p.s. it's awesome.

I'm really happy I snagged those Ippo DVD box sets when they were released years back. Such a great show.

I love that Huber claimed he can watch 30 episodes in a day. While technically is possible. I just find it highly unlikely he'll power through it like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom