• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play every game on normal.that's the normal way to do it
I was playing on easy originally.

e: Just finished listening to the most recent Frame Trap. I kinda wish someone (probably Ben) had played devil's advocate vs the panel a bit more. I say this because I was in violent (unvoiced) disagreement with the panel on all sorts of things in the back half of the podcast. (I think Bosman is very good at this)
e2: Rather than moderation, this may just be a drawback to the 3 person panel -- more uniformity in opinions on certain topics.

Bahorel

Update that Ni no Kuni is amazing and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I don't mind the Pokémon system and in fact this game is what I wanted from Pokémon (admittedly my first experience with Pokémon was with Heart Gold as an adult but I found myself disappointed that there didn't seem to be a game besides the battles. Here there's much more narrative to work with and things to do, and the battle mechanics seem secondary to the actual plot)

I feel addicted which is difficult for someone with a hand injury, I am literally having to force myself to stop playing this game. I can't believe I've had it in my backlog for this long without playing it, it's like one of the ultimate chill out games.

About ten hours in, at the top of the volcano now.

WarRock

Went back and tried it on normal (if I'm going to grind, it's going to be grinding with purpose!), and... beat him on the first try.

Because I'm Adol Christin, goddamnit
Nice :D

You're in for a ride, after the second one the bosses get more and more creative and full of dynamics.

Update that Ni no Kuni is amazing and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I don't mind the Pokémon system and in fact this game is what I wanted from Pokémon (admittedly my first experience with Pokémon was with Heart Gold as an adult but I found myself disappointed that there didn't seem to be a game besides the battles. Here there's much more narrative to work with and things to do, and the battle mechanics seem secondary to the actual plot)

I feel addicted which is difficult for someone with a hand injury, I am literally having to force myself to stop playing this game. I can't believe I've had it in my backlog for this long without playing it, it's like one of the ultimate chill out games.

About ten hours in, at the top of the volcano now.

Ni No Kuni is one of those games that I've been excited ever since I heard about it (because STUDIO GHIBLI LBR), but have had it on my backlog since forever as well. The sequel looks AMAZING, so I'll definitely get a move on so I can be ready!

I know Damiani and Bloodworth are excited about the game. Have any of the other allies talked about their reactions to the trailer/ gameplay in the recent streams?

Broank

Woa didn't realize they did a Commandos group stream. I used to love those games and played em endlessly as a kid! Just bought them on the GOG summer sale the other day too.

Gonna need to watch that stream and fire up the games one of these days.

Hasney

Fortunately for Kyle in the bets, I'll be getting FFXII this weekend most likely, so I'll do something 300 times. Try and wrench it away from Don!

Hasney

This is the only thing I really like that they do, yet seems to get so little attention.

It's my favourite thing too, but judging by people in the thread, they miss an episode and then don't find the time to catch up and feel left out of the new release. I've fallen behind before when spending time with the missus, but I'll catch up as a priority over any other TV or games because it's so good.

Have you seen Fiasconauts? It's another improv game, so lots of stupid characters like on Tabletop.

Karu

Two things regarding the ME:A DLC discussion on the podcast:
1. I do not understand Ben, when he compares the "immediate" connection and humour from Citadel with Andromeda, simply because Citadel the *huber impression* culmination of three entire, rather large games and Andromeda is the beginning of basically a completely new journey. I don't think that particular comparison is fair.

2. They never mention DLC, but the game clearly sets up DLC and then at the very last part of the game basically spells them out again. So in that sense, expectations by fans is obviosuly .. expected and set up even by the developer themselves.

It's my favourite thing too, but judging by people in the thread, they miss an episode and then don't find the time to catch up and feel left out of the new release. I've fallen behind before when spending time with the missus, but I'll catch up as a priority over any other TV or games because it's so good.

Have you seen Fiasconauts? It's another improv game, so lots of stupid characters like on Tabletop.

I'm letting Fiasconauts build up since they're only oneshots. TTE is easy to listen to as it's only an hour or so. I usually listen to them while walking the dog or driving to work.

ToonLink

I like TTE. I actually caught up to all of the episodes late last year. I have been letting the episodes pile up for a couple of months now, but I'll start catching up again soon.

I once read 700 One Piece chapters in three weeks, and immediately started watching the anime after, so pretty much nothing can intimidate me. :)

Auctopus

This is the only thing I really like that they do, yet seems to get so little attention.

There's people out there who only watch EZA for Tabletop/Fiasconauts. It's a well-loved show but talking topics (besides the show's plot/characters) naturally decline as the show carries on and people drop off.

I've mentioned multiple times on this thread that I love the show but I've fell behind and it will take a concerted effort in order to catch up (I had a trans-atlantic flight to Canada earlier this year and the two 9 hour flights still wasn't enough time to catch up).

I'm sure if a new story/character set begins later this year then there will be a boost in audience, especially if the Allies hype it up prior. That or another catch-up episode.

Bahorel

Ni No Kuni is one of those games that I've been excited ever since I heard about it (because STUDIO GHIBLI LBR), but have had it on my backlog since forever as well. The sequel looks AMAZING, so I'll definitely get a move on so I can be ready!

I know Damiani and Bloodworth are excited about the game. Have any of the other allies talked about their reactions to the trailer/ gameplay in the recent streams?

Yes do it!! It's definitely worth it for me! And even though they're changing the battle system which I'm good with, I still enjoy this version as well.

I feel like we've heard Kyle talk about it too? I know they've talked about it a lot here and there. Definitely Ben too, tho I can't pinpoint when they've talked about it. I think even Jones talked about it during the e3 stuff

ito007

Tabletop makes me the most happy and the most sad. Watching it is the best part of the week, but the hour goes by so fast that the moment I finish the episode makes me sad.

Tabletop is a lot of fun, and I just finished a concerted effort to watch through the whole series to catch up from the start. Though I'll admit I only did that given how much I enjoyed the short bits they did at Easy Allies In Concert and wanted to see the source material, before that Tabletop was the one main show Easy Allies produced that I didn't watch, because by the time I took an interest it was so far along as to be intimidating.

The characters and plot is super entertaining, and I can see how it serves as a more long-form counterpart of Fiasconauts, but it certainly is an ominous thing to try to jump into when starting from the start.

farisr

I like to save the best part of the pizza for last, which is why I eat the crust first. But if it's a flimsy pizza that won't hold without the crust then I eat it "normally"

Two things regarding the ME:A DLC discussion on the podcast:
1. I do not understand Ben, when he compares the "immediate" connection and humour from Citadel with Andromeda, simply because Citadel the *huber impression* culmination of three entire, rather large games and Andromeda is the beginning of basically a completely new journey. I don't think that particular comparison is fair.

2. They never mention DLC, but the game clearly sets up DLC and then at the very last part of the game basically spells them out again. So in that sense, expectations by fans is obviosuly .. expected and set up even by the developer themselves.

I see what you're saying, but I think more of what I meant was that I didn't feel any connection in Andromeda at all, not just when compared with Citadel. I didn't care about any of the crew in the opening hours I played. Compare that to the opening hours of ME1 where I was immediately invested. It's more of a general criticism than anything else.

Karu

I see what you're saying, but I think more of what I meant was that I didn't feel any connection in Andromeda at all, not just when compared with Citadel. I didn't care about any of the crew in the opening hours I played. Compare that to the opening hours of ME1 where I was immediately invested. It's more of a general criticism than anything else.
Yeah, I remembered that you were down on Andromeda early on, just thought the specific discussion context here was confusing. Thanks for clarifying, though.

Meanwhile, I bought MotorStorm Apocalypse. DriveClub was one of my fav games this gen and I thought I go back in Evolution's history. Apocalypse is surely more arcade-y and at least in the first hour or so I played so far a bit mindless, but maaaan... it's just fun! Would be a great candidate for a Remaster; some of these brown-ish PS3 games just look rough, even if it came out "just" in 2011.

Deimo5

Meanwhile, I bought MotorStorm Apocalypse. DriveClub was one of my fav games this gen and I thought I go back in Evolution's history. Apocalypse is surely more arcade-y and at least in the first hour or so I played so far a bit mindless, but maaaan... it's just fun! Would be a great candidate for a Remaster; some of these brown-ish PS3 games just look rough, even if it came out "just" in 2011.

I liked Motorstorm Apocalypse x100 more than Drive Club. Bearing in mind I like arcade style racers x100 more than sim-like racers.

SMH at the Anthem trailer discussion. So much time spent talking about a dumb mistake a console warrior tried to turn into a controversy. We literally had developers say EA fucked up, there was nothing shady going on at all.

wmlk

SMH at the Anthem trailer discussion. So much time spent talking about a dumb mistake a console warrior tried to turn into a controversy. We literally had developers say EA fucked up, there was nothing shady going on at all.

It's really not even worth talking about, but I guess Kyle acknowledged that the the beginning of the podcast. Maybe he realized the dumb topic lol.

Xenoboy

Latest podcast as a whole was very, I don't know... meh?
The Anthem thing were talked about for far too long and the DLC thing too. Maybe should have had more L&R questions, didn't like the 20 From Software discussion either.

dickroach

yeah, I can't believe how much time they spent on that, and especially the whole how are they going to atone for this mistake back and forth. it's a non-story that 99+% of the people who get the game on the ps4 will never have even heard of

if there's no news, it would be more interesting to just talk about "what are you looking forward to from [x game coming out soon]" imo

Hasney

yeah, I can't believe how much time they spent on that, and especially the whole how are they going to atone for this mistake back and forth. it's a non-story that 99+% of the people who get the game on the ps4 will never have even heard of

It doesn't matter who's heard of it. It's fucking hilarious and should be discussed. I enjoyed it.

Latest podcast as a whole was very, I don't know... meh?
The Anthem thing were talked about for far too long and the DLC thing too. Maybe should have had more L&R questions, didn't like the 20 From Software discussion either.

The fighting game question was nuts too. One of the worst questions they've ever done.

The fighting game question was nuts too. One of the worst questions they've ever done.
I loved that question. It was so insane. It started off sounding like a Nintendo arms diehard and ends with someone upset at arms scoring lower and having less features but played neither. Hahah what? And then to claim nobody he knows cares or even plays story mode in fighting games. What pocket universe does this person live in?

Still a really good response to a crazy question. People keep trying to apply algorithms of reviews to a subjective process.

El-Suave

I would have loved if Overwatch had been brought up during the Arms question. The game looks, sounds and plays great, but it is easily the worst offender in my book when it comes to underusing beloved characters or a universe. It starts with good and evil being on the same team which contradicts every message and story they release about their game. I get that you need to mix it up for variety's sake, but there should at least be a mode where they honor the universe they've created. Sort of like standard vs. wild in Hearthstone. I'm happy that the game is beloved but the free pass Blizzard is getting especially with that game boggles my mind. I would have loved to hear Ben weigh in on that because he brought up similar points when he criticized Arms that were all valid in my book. Does it being a better game give it a free pass? The value question that you could have raise at launch has been answered in favor of the game.

Im sad they didn't discuss Crash lighting the charts on fire in the UK, Instead of focusing on the fake Anthem outrage.

Seriously. I was looking forward to the Crash sales talk after last week's podcast as it would've made a really interesting follow-up.

Instead we got that dumb Anthem nonsense. Ah well, that's what time stamps are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom