• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
4257dbe5fc8db38f50115debbab432ba.gif

It begins.

What a bizarre business.

-can't watch old vods.
-absolutely no information about who they are, youtube channel, nothing. Just a simple stream.

Good luck with that I guess.
Yep, doesn't make much sense considering Shane could be getting more attention on SIFTD if there was something out there publicly lol.

The Bugs Bunny bit where the girl's head falls off is a story in the horror movie Campire Tales lmao.

Visceir

Listening to this week's podcast right now and it seems like Kyle just had some points that he thought might make interesting discussion topics and used Mass Effect Andromeda thing as a launchpad for those.

He us clearly trying to steer the discussion and is constantly adding more things/thougths to discuss (big franchise games being relevant in one gen just to drop off in next, Activision focusing on few main franchises etc.)

I thought the discussion itself had a good flow to it.

Edit: Nvm, seems like it was the Anthem stuff that people were mostly upset about.

Deimo5

BozWoz right in the feels with You Are Not Alone. So Kyle never heard that before?
I was actually listening to it again this morning ha.

farisr

Only bos v woz stream I caught and watched all the way through live (It is 4 am over here now).

It was time to refresh my prime sub that I have to do manually every month, and I also subbed with an alt account that has a free twitch prime trial for a month.

Also made Kyle laugh with a Spider-Man comment so all in all an enjoyable but at the same time, sad, night.

BvW was what got me into EZA, so it's sad to see it go, but it was a good final stream. Thanks, Kyle!

Edit: I think Brandon Plays Pokemon was my introduction, but BvW and TTE are what made me stick around.

ArjanN

Listening to the podcast, and I think the user comment Kyle brought up did have somewhat of a point in that IMO reviewers on average really still do tend to reward extra modes just for existing even if they're aren't that good or add nothing.

dickroach

Listening to the podcast, and I think the user comment Kyle brought up did have somewhat of a point in that IMO reviewers on average really still do tend to reward extra modes just for existing even if they're aren't that good or add nothing.

no way. they'll mention them in the review because it's something worth mentioning, but if a games a 6, having a ton of modes that are 6s, or a longer compaign or something, aint gonna turn the game into an 8

I disagree. And I recall a lot of the reviews for Tomb Raider 2013 being particularly negative on the tacked on multiplayer mode.

demu

Damn, I've submitted You Are Not Alone for weeks and it finally plays on the last stream as the last song. Perfect ending.
Though it wasn't my submission that got picked, which shouldn't be what it's all about, but it still felt kinda bad.

edit: Okay, I just saw that it wasn't the last song.

It's a bummer to see Kyle end the series so bitter and burnt

Kind of got the vibe that he just wanted it over with more than he wanted to beat Woz :'(

Regardless, heck of a series

It's a bummer to see Kyle end the series so bitter and burnt

Kind of got the vibe that he just wanted it over with more than he wanted to beat Woz :'(

Regardless, heck of a series
I didn't get the feeling he was bitter. He wanted to do other things though and he has always had a love/hate thing with Tetris. Also I never got the vibe from Kyle in the entire series that he was really THAT interested in beating Woz. It was the hook of the show but not his real personal drive. He did want to improve over time and he did that

I didn't get the feeling he was bitter. He wanted to do other things though and he has always had a love/hate thing with Tetris. Also I never got the vibe from Kyle in the entire series that he was really THAT interested in beating Woz. It was the hook of the show but not his real personal drive. He did want to improve over time and he did that
Maybe bitter isn't the right word, but tired and stressed

It definitely became way less about Woz as it went on

First: Thank you, Kyle. Absolutely loved Bos v Woz. The lore, the bits, the music and almost top-level Tetris play made it easily my favorite stream I've ever consistently watched.

Second: What the hell, man? You end it with that Cat Power song? Wasn't ready for that sad of an ending at like 3:30 am.

I really, really hope this isn't the ending of Bos v Woz. While I completely understand being burnt out or wanting to do something new, setting basically a hard endpoint when you were so close wasn't the best idea. A stream with a premise as goofy as this one shouldn't be that stressful and should always be more lighthearted. I hope Kyle takes a bit of a break and either starts a season 2 sometime or has like 1 Bos v Woz stream a month.

Too many bummer things going on right now, and Kyle having obviously way less fun with Tetris AND being defeated by Woz doesn't need to be one of them.

Also, sort of related: I went down a weird Youtube hole a week or so ago and stumbled on a miniseries Kyle made in college. Laughed a ton at the show and the completely insane premise, and then was gut-punched out of nowhere by the hilariously sad ending. Kind of felt completely the same way as "The Greatest" was playing while I was lying in bed last night.

Second: What the hell, man? You end it with that Cat Power song? Wasn't ready for that sad of an ending at like 3:30 am.

"Once I wanted to be the greatest
No wind or waterfall could stall me
And then came the rush of the flood
Stars of night turned deep to dust"

4HgiEF4.png

And beginning the show with Hey Joey (Instrumental)...
Nostalgia for the DEW DEWs
The last YESSUM

I didn't like that the stream ended, but I think it was a good decision. It raised the stakes.

I would've been more sad if Bosman v GameDev wasn't such a good idea. I'm looking forward to it

(I know Kyle cares deeply about presentation, but I'm really curious to see the gif he probably did for beating Woz)

EZAnime should be out in the next few days right? In their last post in late where the talked about the delay, they said by the end of next week (which is tomorrow) or early the week after.

ShadyK54

EZAnime should be out in the next few days right? In their last post in late where the talked about the delay, they said by the end of next week (which is tomorrow) or early the week after.

Ben mentioned on twitter that he was canceling his Paper Mario stream to work on some videos before he leaves for something. I imagine EZAnime is one of those.

Mista Koo

The podcast episode from two weeks ago they were giving Crash way too much credit. He is meant to be cool even if he is goofy, kinda like Nathan Drake?

The fighting game question was nuts too. One of the worst questions they've ever done.
I didn't like how they answered it either, just like the hottake in FrameTrap the discussion wasn't focused at all.

I assume if he's working on it they've already shot it. Dope stuff. If that's it that is.
Well yesterday Huber said on talking Syndrome he hasn't started watching Ippo yet so I really doubt it's that. I do know ben is wanting to get something FF12 related out. And he visited NIS america on Friday to play Ys 8 and some other games.

_Ryo_

There's a YT comment complaining about Patreon and the "ad" at the beginning of Easy Update. Smfh.

I dunno why I decided to read the comments. I never read them. Guess I enjoyed the EU so much I wanted to see if others did too. Big mistake.

There's a YT comment complaining about Patreon and the "ad" at the beginning of Easy Update. Smfh.

I dunno why I decided to read the comments. I never read them. Guess I enjoyed the EU so much I wanted to see if others did too. Big mistake.

Youtube is beyond saving. The best place for the Allies to get feedback is from their patreon and website.

Fire Pro tournament would be incredible but I doubt it'd even be a possibility until the PS4 release

Even then it might be up against a Nintendo game or something

It'd probably work best if a community member made avatars for them and made all of the movesets

WarRock

Latest episodes of Update, Podcast and Friend Code were all great. Excellent moderating by Bosman and Damiani and nice sleuth work by Ian.

Karu

Voted for SCII for all you fighting game nerdz and the crybabies over the Tekken-loss out there! :D #loveandrespect
Mario Golf sounds like fun, but I had a hard time imagining a tournament based on it in the five seconds I thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom