• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappasman

David Jaffe doesn't seem to like Dear Bosman...

oYK8fhE.jpg
Wow.

I do think that Dear Bosman seems to be a bit more "mean" than Final Bosman and general Bosman on streams and podcasts, but this reaction is a bit much.

Burt

Man, If we could take alien: colonial marines he can take a fucking joke
That's Randy Pitchford.

But there's really no point in even acknowledging an overly defensive overreaction to like 11 seconds of an out of context segment that wasn't even "mean" to Drawn to Death.

Therapist Character Bosman didn't like the fake letter that not-Drawn to Death wrote to service a long-running Battleborn gag?

The correct response to that is "...okay."

I mean, the end of the Dear Bosman episode itself was essentially the exact same thing Jaffe was saying in his tweets, minus the "fuck you" part.

Jaffe didn't make Colonial Marines, that's Randy Pitchford

Jaffe made the greatest game franchise of all time, Twisted Metal

Still though, ehhhh

I thing I thought it was Randy because Bosman is always talking about Battleborn in the show , I dont know why my brain did that, I apologize then

Wow.

I do think that Dear Bosman seems to be a bit more "mean" than Final Bosman and general Bosman on streams and podcasts, but this reaction is a bit much.

I kinda got that vibe too. As much as I'm glad he's getting the chance to do bonus bits again, the episode mostly fell flat for me.

dickroach

Ouch. Expand?

oh nothing. it was a cool little phrase that tickled my fancy. just been listening to old GT Times while I've been gaming lately. additionally, SO MANY TIMES y'all said shenmue 3 isn't happening and if it did it would have to be a kickstarter or something. i love it

also i listened to one earlier today where Kyle said something like "I like listening to old fantasy football podcasts just so i can be like HA YOU WERE WRONG". it's that. that's where i'm at ;(

UrbanRats

Being a dick is the entire point of that skit, ffs.
Also what is the point of criticizing "games journalism" for never creating something themselves, when Dear Bosman is a comedy skit, and not a review, so it's exactly the opposite?

It seems to me like Jaffe just fired off a knee jerk reaction tweet, 'cause they joked about his game (intentionally) based around juvenile humor, being juvenile.

David Jaffe doesn't seem to like Dear Bosman...

http://i.imgur.com/oYK8fhE.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Hah yea I saw that and was surprised. David comes off suuuper sensitive there. Not a good look. And ironically since Kyle is off twitter due to pokemon he isn't going to see it

Plus if you watch the whole episode Kyle is more "mean" because he's playing into this inflated ego know it all type which sets up the ending when he gets completely humbled.

Karu

*sees somebody streamed Tyranny*

*please be Ben, please be Ben...*

Woohoo! :D And Dishonored after that, neat!

I love Bosman and his crazy bits, but I have to say I thought the last few Dear Bosman's have been quite mean and for jokes that fall pretty flat.
It's like seeing someone get bullied or made fun of at school: people stand around laughing and I suppose it's funny on some level, but it makes me feel uncomfortable and a bit bad for whoever is the butt of the joke.

Anyway, each to their own. In Battleborns case it's possible that any publicity is better than none at all.

L&R.

P.S. The Huber Syndrome PSX special was great!

I love Bosman and his crazy bits, but I have to say I thought the last few Dear Bosman's have been quite mean and for jokes that fall pretty flat.
It's like seeing someone get bullied or made fun of at school: people stand around laughing and I suppose it's funny on some level, but it makes me feel uncomfortable and a bit bad for whoever is the butt of the joke.

Anyway, each to their own. In Battleborns case it's possible that any publicity is better than none at all.

L&R.

Did you not see the ending bonus but? That whole bonus bit plays into it.

Kyle is starting to build up a continuity to these segments like he did with final Bosman. And final Bosman got pretty dark too

Hasney

L&R.

Wasn't that the entire point though? Bosman was apologizing to Battleborn saying that it's easy, even fun to make fun of a game. Then he lost all his money in the milkshake market while Battleborn came out on top after all since he has medium boat money.

With Jaffe, he should just be happy someone actually remembered enough to mention his game.

Auctopus

Despite being responsible for some great franchises, David Jaffe has always been an easily-irritable man baby.

In saying that, Bosman's show and sometimes Easy Allies has been responsible for hating on a game for seemingly except reason or maybe they don't just like the surface look of it. Which is fair enough, you don't need to praise everything but sometimes they can take it too far apropos of no genuine criticisms.

I've already said in this thread how long in the tooth Bosman's Battleborn "bit" has gotten on the show and I think despite being mostly positive content creators who don't consider themselves "journalists", the guys can sometimes forget the influence they have over their audience and what can be just a running joke between friends can snowball in to genuine toxicity towards and a developer or game.

(However, Jaffe was just incredibly rude, publicly. A character assassination is pretty uncalled for. It also shows how little he actually knows about Kyle as he's a prolific creator who cares a lot about his work. He can also take criticism better than Jaffe.)

Karu

Whatever, but his comment on how he supposedly created anything, ever, is making me furious. What a presumptious ass-comment is that? Fuck him. And I generally like Jaffe...

Roubjon

Maybe Dear Bosman needs the disclaimer at the beginning of the episode saying how he is an unlicensed therapist and knows nothing. Jaffe took that section completely out of context and can't laugh at his own game. Does the dude think it's not trying to be edgy? That's part of the "charm" the game has, but not everyone is going to like it.

Servbot24

Banned
Giving his feed a read and watching Kyle's video again. I'm kinda in agreement. That was just mean-spirited.

Kyle is part of the games media. And they've been shitting on that game from day one.

Calling him a dick for it is reasonable.

Calling someone a dick is never reasonable. Childishness should not be the standard expectation for human interaction.

Jaffe overreacted. I don't blame him, his game seems like a passion project and it's been having a rough time.

MrMette

Well, I haven't seen the new bit yet (gonna watch it this evening), but I have seen plenty of Kyle bits (in the Final Bosman, Bosman at Home and his new show) and while I can understand some people are not too happy with him calling out their game, it is clearly meant as comedy so Jaffe is going a bit too far imo.

Sure, the name of his game is now mentioned (I totally forgot about it to be honest), but this isn't good press for his game and it's not Kyle's fault either (if Jaffe didn't say anything, nobody would even have remembered next week).

Let's hope for David Jaffe other media/press doesn't get hold of the story (although it would be interesting to see what people outside of the EZA community make of this).

I don't think calling somebody a dick is going to help him sell his game, it shows me he is under a lot of pressure and his game probably has a lot of problems.

Budi

Now I really want "Fuck you for being a dick Bosman" to become a running joke with EZA crew. I can already hear it with Huber's voice.

But yeah, I was really surprised to hear such reaction from Jaffe. I would have understood it better if it came from Randy, or someone who worked on Battleborne. Personally I can't see Dear Bosman being mean spirited, even though Battelborne has been "bullied" in several episodes. I mean, isn't Kyle one of those guys who wants to find something to like even in more mediocre games? Or is that just Huber? I have feeling that Kyle has said something similar. The Dear Bosman bits don't come off as "don't play this, it's trash". Atleast not for me.

Edit: Is Drawn to death released already? I honestly don't know and this isn't ment as a knock on the game. So calm down Jaffe! I remember EZA/Gametrailers criticizing the art style. I've done it too, even I kinda appreciate it for looking so distinctive. But it's still ugly.

MrMette

I expect a full apology from Kyle next week.

Which he will quickly turn into a new troll.

I guess it depends of Geoff Keighly. I am not sure he wants this kind of thing to happen.
But knowing Kyle, there is a possibility he would indeed do something like that (but maybe it is not the best move in this instance).

Budi

I hope Bosman pulls out Jaffe's tweets in the form of a letter from his mailbag, next week.

Haha, this would be hilarious. Though might be going too far if he would start making fun of Jaffe too. Since he would probably take it very personally. So maybe spare the man's feelings from that.

El-Suave

I thought the show was going on holiday break & there won't be a new one for a few weeks.

Correct, Keighley's show is finished for now and they haven't said if there'll be another season next year. Geoff said there might be new "Dear Bosmans" episodes on his(?) Gameslice channel in the future. We don't know any details and if there'll be a regular schedule. So let's be prepared to wait a few weeks or months. Anyway, it's good that Keighley seems to like to work with Kyle and that the show has helped to raise his public profile even if the live views weren't great. Let's hope this leads to more opportunities in the future.

ok I got so intrigued by Ian's video suggestion...

I want to see Black Mirror now.

I remember when Ben mentioned Black Mirror during a GT Time. I was so happy to hear him praise the show. I didn't even know Americans would have had a chance to watch it (this was when it was a Channel 4 show, before Netflix).

Huber syndrome episode was so great.

Not only all the allies but my favorite thing was having Ian in the corner reacting to things while flipping through a book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom