• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea he had odd memory loss. He explicitly called Damiani about the key and he said for nuts and bolts and then gets upset at the end when it does the thing he was told.

That and the game told him how to use joker cards but then needed chat to remind him to explain how to use them

Kyle made me enjoy twitch, he's a good streamer because he knows how to play while at the same time entertaining and interacting with chat. But because of that he doesn't focus 100% at the game. Still, better than most about multitasking on twitch.

And about the quiz... try to imagine being a 9 year old kid that didn't know English. That was HARD. Needed my brother, dad and a guide from a magazine that had the answers.

Once a member of this forum.

And oh.

Uh, am I missing something? Why'd you post about him here?

Great episode of Frame Trap. Loved the game and most of the discussions. It did remind me that I really have to play Inside before the end of the year though, hopefully it's on sale on the PAL PSN soon.

Whoa! He started off fair then kinda lost it. Needs to learn to laugh at himself.

To be fair, I think Jaffe wasn't just lashing out at Kyle, but the industry in general. Drawn to Death was a target by many in the game industry as soon as it was revealed. The game is clearly aimed at a particular group. I remember some in the video game industry instantly writing it off because of its tone, saying it did not speak to them and was not reflective of their time as a teenager. Others were more downright negative. Those impressions, from people who hadn't, at that time, gone hands on yet, must've been deflating for Jaffe and his team. On the other hand, with it being the closer of the 2014 PSX Keynote, some were let down, thinking there should have been something grander. Same thing happened last year with Paragon (interesting that that released first). I tried the beta for Drawn to Death. It simply wasn't for me. It played quite well, but I just did not care about its "hard-core" aesthetic (the interactive "video" at the start was pretty sweet, though).

Mista Koo

Ben regarding Pokemon, if you have the L=A option like me (for one-handed play) it disables the functionality for the L button in the entire game without any substitute. I can't read the move descriptions without tapping the tiny i on the screen, nor can I rotate anything :/
Also rare candy increases your Pokemon one level.
I'm sorry :<

I can relate to a lot of the things Huber say about Pokemon. People love Pokemon as a franchise and a concept, it's just that the games are never as fantastic/fun as they could be.

Ben regarding Pokemon, if you have the L=A option like me (for one-handed play) it disables the functionality for the L button in the entire game without any substitute. I can't read the move descriptions without tapping the tiny i on the screen, nor can I rotate anything :/
Also rare candy increases your Pokemon one level.
I'm sorry :<

I can relate to a lot of the things Huber say about Pokemon. People love Pokemon as a franchise and a concept, it's just that the games are never as fantastic/fun as they could be.

Did I say something about rare candies that was incorrect? I don't remember doing so, but it may have just been an accident.

As far as the fantastic/fun thing goes, just different tastes I suppose. Although I think sometimes people are caught off guard by how slow Pokemon always is. Much like Animal Crossing, it's a very particular pace that doesn't work for everyone. Even so, Sun and Moon holds your hand too much.

Did I say something about rare candies that was incorrect? I don't remember doing so, but it may have just been an accident.

As far as the fantastic/fun thing goes, just different tastes I suppose. Although I think sometimes people are caught off guard by how slow Pokemon always is. Much like Animal Crossing, it's a very particular pace that doesn't work for everyone. Even so, Sun and Moon holds your hand too much.

I was listening in the car and the audio is always a little weird, but you said a rare candy gives you one free pokemon, I think.

Mista Koo

You did so in passing, which is why I feel bad correcting you.

I'm not dissing the games, I only skipped one generation and two remakes. I'm still enjoying Moon 24 hours in. But as a casual fan it pains me how little the games change on a casual level. Especially since I'm not in love with the core mechanics of the game (I just wanna catch and evolve Pokemon!).
Also seeing the changes they finally made, I can't help but wonder how much more would I have liked the games had they made similar changes with every other release in the past decade. Just imagine what Sun and Moon could've been then.

I'm like 8 hours into Moon and I think I love and hate this game

The core Pokemon stuff is delightful but the overall progression (specifically the trials) are miserable. Feels more like Pokepark Wii than the old games at times

Also from a technical standpoint.... "What if we had multiple Pokemon on screen at once!" That sounds interesting! Oh, it runs at 7fps, ok

Game looks pretty though, some of the character models really shine (Magnemite is prolly the best looking I've seen thus far)

Some of the new Pokemon designs are nice but I can't say anything really gets me like seeing an old friend from the early games. I'm getting prepared and hyped for saturday because there's one I need to get with Island Scan
Marill!
I do hope that later on I can get a Rowlett to keep in his/her base form because as much as I like the evolutions, the OG little dude is adorable

wiibomb

The core Pokemon stuff is delightful but the overall progression (specifically the trials) are miserable. Feels more like Pokepark Wii than the old games at times

Also from a technical standpoint.... "What if we had multiple Pokemon on screen at once!" That sounds interesting! Oh, it runs at 7fps, ok

Game looks pretty though, some of the character models really shine (Magnemite is prolly the best looking I've seen thus far)

Some of the new Pokemon designs are nice but I can't say anything really gets me like seeing an old friend from the early games. I'm getting prepared and hyped for saturday because there's one I need to get with Island Scan
Marill!
I do hope that later on I can get a Rowlett to keep in his/her base form because as much as I like the evolutions, the OG little dude is adorable

as Ben said above Pokemon feels very different to much of the JRPGs or RPGs out there, it is much slower, it needs to have an inclusion for a much wider audience than the average RPG that is precisely very unwelcoming to a lot of people, the trials while they are kind of easier (the Totem pokemon have been a good challenge for my ever changing team), they are offering a much much better variety that the average Gym battles there were in all the other pokemon which is basically a repeat of the same thing 8 times. The trials here are much different and they even provide with a nice challenge at the end of each.

On New 3DS I haven't found much dips in FPS, only in real double battles, I know it doesn't apply to the Old 3DS, so it might be a thing Gamefreak is very known of: Technical problems, they are not so talented in the technical aspect, although I think they made this game veeeery nice

also, take in mind your nostalgia might be tricking you, there are some rad designs in this generation, but most people tend to keep wanting only the old stuff for nostalgia sake, take an more open mind about the new designs. (I still think Pokemon cannot truly evolve because the consumers are holding it back with nostalgia)

as Ben said above Pokemon feels very different to much of the JRPGs or RPGs out there, it is much slower, it needs to have an inclusion for a much wider audience than the average RPG that is precisely very unwelcoming to a lot of people, the trials while they are kind of easier (the Totem pokemon have been a good challenge for my ever changing team), they are offering a much much better variety that the average Gym battles there were in all the other pokemon which is basically a repeat of the same thing 8 times. The trials here are much different and they even provide with a nice challenge at the end of each.

On New 3DS I haven't found much dips in FPS, only in real double battles, I know it doesn't apply to the Old 3DS, so it might be a thing Gamefreak is very known of: Technical problems, they are not so talented in the technical aspect, although I think they made this game veeeery nice

also, take in mind your nostalgia might be tricking you, there are some rad designs in this generation, but most people tend to keep wanting only the old stuff for nostalgia sake, take an more open mind about the new designs. (I still think Pokemon cannot truly evolve because the consumers are holding it back with nostalgia)
Yeah the dips have only really been in double battles on OG 3DS, with weird ones occasionally in normal battles

I know the nostalgia thing is a problem. I've seen some in this game that I love too. There just tends to be weird overdesigned ones that aren't appealing to me. That's the beauty of being able to pick and choose which to catch though, hah

From what I've seen thus far (no idea if they're all new) Misdreavus has a wonderful design, and I really like Rowlett, Petlil, Lilipup, Delibird

Gym Leaders vs. variety is a preference thing so it's hard to really debate, all I can say is I really don't care for Trials

Although I think sometimes people are caught off guard by how slow Pokemon always is. Much like Animal Crossing, it's a very particular pace that doesn't work for everyone. Even so, Sun and Moon holds your hand too much.

This is why I've never been able to get into Pokemon. Maybe if it had been my first exposure to the RPG genre, then things would be different, but it wasn't.

wiibomb

Pokemon's great if you relegate it to a toilet-only game

I never play Pokemon without doing something else. I usually watch TV with it, it gets really entertaining that way, I can focus on the good things when they come and I can also pause myself if something very interesting happens on TV.

Usually I play it with a combinations of things that doesn't demand a lot of my attention

sora87

This FF1 stream is too jolly. Also Ben, yes to a FF9 full playthrough!

Ben, Brad and maybe Kyle playing through FF9 and Jones playing through FF6 is the best streaming timeline :p

I never play Pokemon without doing something else. I usually watch TV with it, it gets really entertaining that way, I can focus on the good things when they come and I can also pause myself if something very interesting happens on TV.

Usually I play it with a combinations of things that doesn't demand a lot of my attention

I really enjoy playing Pokemon in exactly this way. Turn on a show and capture/train.

Dmax3901

To be fair, I think Jaffe wasn't just lashing out at Kyle, but the industry in general. Drawn to Death was a target by many in the game industry as soon as it was revealed. The game is clearly aimed at a particular group. I remember some in the video game industry instantly writing it off because of its tone, saying it did not speak to them and was not reflective of their time as a teenager. Others were more downright negative. Those impressions, from people who hadn't, at that time, gone hands on yet, must've been deflating for Jaffe and his team. On the other hand, with it being the closer of the 2014 PSX Keynote, some were let down, thinking there should have been something grander. Same thing happened last year with Paragon (interesting that that released first). I tried the beta for Drawn to Death. It simply wasn't for me. It played quite well, but I just did not care about its "hard-core" aesthetic (the interactive "video" at the start was pretty sweet, though).

I agree with you, but outright saying "fuck you Kyle Bosman" is definitely lashing out at Kyle in particular :p

I apologize to the forum for trying to have fun.

I got the reference and wouldn't see the harm in it being the OT title just fyi :)

MrMette

He was, but I think it was a case of straw that broke the camel's hump.

I know it is, but it isn't very professional. The way he reacted reminds me of a certain man with the last name "Pitchford" and Uwe Boll...
I mean, I have to watch out myself to not do stuff like that, but I don't run a company which tries to sell products to people (Also, over time I have learned that I have to watch out of not doing stuff like that. I am not saying it will never happen for me to go a bit too far when I am pissed off, but again, I am not a public figure who tries to sell stuff, it just isn't smart).

I hope for him this doesn't reflect on his game as I wouldn't want to be compared to those two to be honest (it is not a good sign).

Pappasman

Tabletop escapades continues to be the best show on the internet. Amazing episode.

But as much as I love Pomper, it seems Huber couldn't really stick to the character he created and over time has morphed back into Law. It's still entertaining and fun, but its basically law 2.0.

Karu

Was there ever a Patreon that, once it got the spotlight and stagnated once for a while, increased significantly afterwards?

Geniunely curious, because I can't think of a single one in the vg space. And we are talking a. 10k and b. keeping it up over a long period of time afterwards here.

Piichan

Banned
If Bosman promises to make an EZA show if they have a studio, bonus bits included, I'm upping my donation from 5 to 10 bucks. I know he wouldn't wanna commit to a promise like that though lol.

Hasney

Tabletop escapades continues to be the best show on the internet. Amazing episode.

But as much as I love Pomper, it seems Huber couldn't really stick to the character he created and over time has morphed back into Law. It's still entertaining and fun, but its basically law 2.0.

I think even I'd turn into Law if I saw a child get sacrificed. It's fair.

Karu

If Bosman promises to make an EZA show if they have a studio, bonus bits included, I'm upping my donation from 5 to 10 bucks. I know he wouldn't wanna commit to a promise like that though lol.
Today on NBC's classic Thursday night Must-See Sitcom 'Easy Allies' the very special Season 1-finale Episode 24 "The Final Bosman Conundrum" :-(

Auctopus

Was there ever a Patreon that, once it got the spotlight and stagnated once for a while, increased significantly afterwards?

Geniunely curious, because I can't think of a single one in the vg space. And we are talking a. 10k and b. keeping it up over a long period of time afterwards here.

Well, Patreon successes of this size are still relatively new so it's difficult to say but what I'd say about the VG space right now is that for EZA to receive a significant boost at this point is to either receive significant exposure (possibly on a global level) or attain a studio space that would allow them to innovate their format further.

The guys are obviously working their butts off but there's clear limitations working out of their homes at the moment. Not to say there's been a dip in quality, despite a few sound issues here and there - they're consistent. But yeah, I think if we started seeing them in a real studio environment, we might see them receive slightly more exposure etc.

Also, as Blood has said repeatedly. They've sort of had to start again with some publishers so they're not first on the list for review copies etc. I'm sure as EZA build their reputation, they'll receive more opportunities for exposure.

luchadork

i think they are doing a hell of a job. beyond my wildest expectations. the content is consistent and consistently very good. 37 fucking thousand a month. that is insane.

i think they just need to get someone who's full time job it is is to shill/bring in money.

Mista Koo

[...]

Marill!
I know the nostalgia thing is a problem. I've seen some in this game that I love too. There just tends to be weird overdesigned ones that aren't appealing to me. That's the beauty of being able to pick and choose which to catch though, hah

From what I've seen thus far (no idea if they're all new) Misdreavus has a wonderful design, and I really like Rowlett, Petlil, Lilipup, Delibird

Gym Leaders vs. variety is a preference thing so it's hard to really debate, all I can say is I really don't care for Trials
I'm mainly replying based on the love and hate thing. It sums up my relationship with the franchise as a whole.
I disagree about the trials. The totem Pokemon feel like bosses, and after 6 generations with gyms it is definitely a good change.

As for the Pokemon designs thing, it seems like you are mostly familiar with just the first gen Pokemon (Rowlet is the only new Pokemon out of those. Misdreavus and Delibird are from the same gen as Marill, second gen). This was 20 years ago. They kept adding more and more Pokemon. I bet there are a bunch of gen 1 Pokemon designs that you don't like between the 150 Pokemon, now imagine how many you wouldn't like now that there are over 800 Pokemon. Also you would only see a random fraction of them in the game.
Also keep in mind that a lot of people play every single generation, imagine how we/they feel about the old Pokemon. I definitely find a lot of them boring, and as far as my all time cool Pokemon team goes there are no first gen Pokemon at all*. I actually think this was one of the reasons they introduced Alolan forms, cash in on nostalgia and make these old Pokemon more interesting.

*Jigglypuff is still my all time favorite, but that's because I want him as a pet :3

Kneefoil

I think even I'd turn into Law if I saw a child get sacrificed. It's fair.

Heck, it wasn't even just the kid: all the people who weren't in the circle of blood (so pretty much the whole village) were killed for practically no reason at all. A Lawful Good losing their mind over something like that is justified, I think.

I'm mainly replying based on the love and hate thing. It sums up my relationship with the franchise as a whole.
I disagree about the trials. The totem Pokemon feel like bosses, and after 6 generations with gyms it is definitely a good change.

As for the Pokemon designs thing, it seems like you are mostly familiar with just the first gen Pokemon (Rowlet is the only new Pokemon out of those. Misdreavus and Delibird are from the same gen as Marill, second gen). This was 20 years ago. They kept adding more and more Pokemon. I bet there are a bunch of gen 1 Pokemon designs that you don't like between the 150 Pokemon, now imagine how many you wouldn't like now that there are over 800 Pokemon. Also you would only see a random fraction of them in the game.
Also keep in mind that a lot of people play every single generation, imagine how we/they feel about the old Pokemon. I definitely find a lot of them boring, and as far as my all time cool Pokemon team goes there are no first gen Pokemon at all*. I actually think this was one of the reasons they introduced Alolan forms, cash in on nostalgia and make these old Pokemon more interesting.

*Jigglypuff is still my all time favorite, but that's because I want him as a pet :3
Ha! I don't remember Misdreavus at all. I played silver but ouside of favorites like Marill and Scizor I can't say I remember too many of them. My bad

I like the Totem bosses themselves, I don't like the walk to get to them. I suppose it's supposed to be holding your hand to prepare you for that fight but it's a whole lot of unskippable BS as you walk around an area

I definitely felt bad that I was seeing so many old Pokemon this early on. Like I feel like lower level ones in particular (Rattata) should just not be in them anymore, the ones that you're getting most of the time should at least be new. Like I walked through patches of grass that had a ton of Magnemite and occasionally an Abra. It's more exciting when you run into a classic one less often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom