• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

i think they are doing a hell of a job. beyond my wildest expectations. the content is consistent and consistently very good. 37 fucking thousand a month. that is insane.

i think they just need to get someone who's full time job it is is to shill/bring in money.

Yeah, I don't know how Patreon backers in general would respond, but I wouldn't mind seeing shows being sponsored by some product if they can get any interest. I watch Linus Tech Tips quite a bit and am fine with their level of advertising. Every video has a sponsor which is mentioned in a few seconds at the start of the video and then pimped at the very end as well as the Merch store and an Amazon link.

They have a guy that liaises with the sponsors and plans out what video has what sponsor full time though. I imagine getting their talking points in and things over several videos and personalities would be a fairly laborious task.

Auctopus

If any music fans watch The Needle Drop, he does a sort of ident before some videos where he explains how the following video is sponsored by Vinyl Me Please. He does a quick pitch and it all takes about 20 seconds before the video plays out completely unaffected.

I'd be happy to see something like that if it meant they had more funding. I'd prefer if the product/company was one that the Allies actually trusted in/used.

"It's authentic ITALIAN"

Hasney

If any music fans watch The Needle Drop, he does a sort of ident before some videos where he explains how the following video is sponsored by Vinyl Me Please. He does a quick pitch and it all takes about 20 seconds before the video plays out completely unaffected.

I'd be happy to see something like that if it meant they had more funding. I'd prefer if the product/company was one that the Allies actually trusted in/used.

"It's authentic ITALIAN"

That brunch place Ian and Huber went to on Easy Allies

*uncontrollable drooling*

MrMette

Yeah, I don't know how Patreon backers in general would respond, but I wouldn't mind seeing shows being sponsored by some product if they can get any interest. I watch Linus Tech Tips quite a bit and am fine with their level of advertising. Every video has a sponsor which is mentioned in a few seconds at the start of the video and then pimped at the very end as well as the Merch store and an Amazon link.

They have a guy that liaises with the sponsors and plans out what video has what sponsor full time though. I imagine getting their talking points in and things over several videos and personalities would be a fairly laborious task.

I watch LTT quite a lot as well, but their advertisement sometimes does irritate me. I usually skip the final part. The short mentioning of their sponsor after the intro is usually too short to skip, so that's fine with me.

That said, it doesn't botter me so hard that I won't watch them (+ I understand it is a necessary evil, certainly with the amount of people they have + all the servers and stuff which are running in their office).

So although I do back EZA on patreon, I would be fine with it if they can get their studio in that way, but I think there will be people who will not be ok with it and they will probably lose patreon money if they do so.

Hasney

I watch LTT quite a lot as well, but their advertisement sometimes does irritate me. I usually skip the final part. The short mentioning of their sponsor after the intro is usually too short to skip, so that's fine with me.

Oh yeah, there's no content at the end so as soon as they've wrapped up and start shilling, I quit the video. But hey, since it's not through YouTube and is direct funding, they've already been paid.

Wiggy

Was there ever a Patreon that, once it got the spotlight and stagnated once for a while, increased significantly afterwards?

Geniunely curious, because I can't think of a single one in the vg space. And we are talking a. 10k and b. keeping it up over a long period of time afterwards here.

Kinda funny got a huge boost for their animated show when they did pledge drive type streams. Not exactly the same thing but they doubled their money with a second Patreon too.

If EZA had a second patreon where they talk movies, tv shows, etc, I'd totally pledge to that. But I'm not sure if they'd have an interest in that.

5 hours into pokemon Sun and I'm liking it. Like Brandon the first pokemon I played to completion is pokemon yellow earlier this year and I'm in his age group. So it's interesting to see the QOL changes to the game. I have a feeling Kyle isn't going to be a fan of the pokedex. I'd reaaaly like to turn those eyes off

Considering Kyle's annoyance with random eyes on stuff in Banjo-Kazooie I'm betting it will annoy him.

The Purifiers planned to use the Nightingales to their advantage. Using them to serve themselves sort of thing. The Purifiers have no loyalty to the the Nightingales, but are willing to obey because they have no chance against them. I will totally admit however that this is not made as clear as it should be. Who the Purifiers are, where they come from, and their exact role in the story is more important than the campaign has let on so far. They are one of many small factions that aren't necessarily on one side or the other of this overall conflict. I hope this helps a bit.

Also, thank you so much for the summary so far Labrynian. I really appreciate you taking the time to do something like that.

Thanks for the detailed response. And as for the recap, if I knew I was going to get complimented by you I would have put a lot more work into it. Can't wait to
find out the current status of the moon

Porco_Thumbs_Up.jpg

Lexad

I would not fucking blink if I saw a Audible, Blue Apron, Casper, Loot Crate, Backblaze, Squarespace, NatureBox ad in an EZA video if it helps them more.

It should be clear that EZA can't grow substantially and remain ad-free at the same time. That is wishful thinking. I really hope they're pursuing proper sponsors, at least for the podcast.

Jonnax

Second Patreon? Those guys sound pretty greedy. Must be nice to "double dip"
Tbh, I'd probably unpatronise if EZA did a second Patreon.

I couldn't care less about ads in podcasts. Almost every one I listen to does ads and they don't bother me at all, it's one of those things you just get used to I guess. Throw a Blue Apron and Squarespace ad into Frame Trap or even TTE and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Karu

It should be clear that EZA can't grow substantially and remain ad-free at the same time. That is wishful thinking. I really hope they're pursuing proper sponsors, at least for the podcast.
The thing is: Brandon stated repeatedly that only the Patreon money goes towards the studio. That may be a fishing tactic, but I didnt take him for that kind of person. Maybe Im wrong, tho.

And I phrased my initial question specifically, so the one-and-done deal of the Kf animated show-fundraiser and a second Patreon were excluded. :p I also assume either one Patreon of theirs would increase significantly if the other one ceises to exist.

My take in regards to sponsoring: It is what drove me eventually away from supporting KF financially. Everything seemed(!) to be about the money. Growing pains, yes, necessary, probably, but not for me. Edit: Podcast adds are mostly fine, tho.

My take in regards to sponsoring: It is what drove me eventually away from supporting KF financially. Everything seemed(!) to be about the money. Growing pains, yes, necessary, probably, but not for me. Edit: Podcast adds are mostly fine, tho.

I feel this. There's a line people are comfortable with when it comes to advertisement. Something about the way KF did some things struck me as a bit.... off, in a way that's hard to explain.

I feel this. There's a line people are comfortable with when it comes to advertisement. Something about the way KF did some things struck me as a bit.... off, in a way that's hard to explain.

KF has the compound problem of being promotion heavy while it feels like the talent has used their patreon earnings as a license to check out. I don't mind ads, what I don't like is watching people become less informed and more entitled over time.

I don't expect EZA to fall in any such trap. They're making an effort to operate like a professional editorial outlet.

wapplew

2016 is such emotional year, GT shutdown news break my heart but it gave birth of EZA the best thing ever in 2016 (and The last Guardian)
Grateful for the nine and all the allies, L&R.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the new Huber Syndrome. I really got the feeling again one of Huber's best strength is telling a good story(with the way he tells it).
Not sure how to explain it but maybe focusing on highlighting those skills in different ways even more in Syndrome might be a cool thing to explore within the show. But maybe he is already maxing out on that :-x . But I feel like Syndrome has been largely a lot about celebrating/hyping things which is cool but to me with those skills there are maybe other things that could be explored.

Not sure if that makes any sense.

Karu

As someone who absolutely hated the X/Y over-world (the capitol's camera was wtf-inducing garbage), Sun is such a refreshing change. Still on the first island, but already sold.

As a companion-stream i've chosen GT's FFVII stream. Never seen their GT full playthroughs.

As someone who absolutely hated the X/Y over-world (the capitol's camera was wtf-inducing garbage), Sun is such a refreshing change. Still on the first island, but already sold.

As a companion-stream i've chosen GT's FFVII stream. Never seen their GT full playthroughs.

Oh man. Just wait for Cinnastix. It's literally the best.

ilium

Watching the new Huber Syndrome. I really got the feeling again one of Huber's best strength is telling a good story(with the way he tells it).
Not sure how to explain it but maybe focusing on highlighting those skills in different ways even more in Syndrome might be a cool thing to explore within the show. But maybe he is already maxing out on that :-x . But I feel like Syndrome has been largely a lot about celebrating/hyping things which is cool but to me with those skills there are maybe other things that could be explored.

Agree. My favorite Huber Video ever is still his Metal Gear summary:

https://youtu.be/ngySxUOj-VI

Hasney

Michael, if you're reading this, then summaries of complex narratives such as the Metal Gear Solid summary are your forte! Doing it for Kingdom Hearts would be so awesome – in preparation for the release of Kingdom Hearts 3!

That ones for Brad, I don't think Huber knows enough to do it.

Hell, Damiani had close to an hour at GT to do it and even then it was a struggle. Wonder how much Brandon retained from reading the script on this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY

ilium

Forgot to mention that the Metal Gear summary was written by Brad, Huber, Elyse and Kyle and presented by Huber.
So anything in a similar vein would require a collaborative effort again I assume.

Auctopus

Michael, if you're reading this, then summaries of complex narratives such as the Metal Gear Solid summary are your forte! Doing it for Kingdom Hearts would be so awesome – in preparation for the release of Kingdom Hearts 3!

The KH Timeline could be considered GT's Magnum Opus. They don't need to go through that again.

CyReN

After reading some complains over the last few months by some, honestly I've been enjoying Easy Allies since their launch.

It's kinda weird, I'd watch all of their reviews but I never really got the chance to watch their streams or other video content at GameTrailers for the most part. I was looking for a new gaming podcast to get into since I didn't really have one anymore (used to listen to Feedback at G4 / other smaller ones that stopped).

I'm on the $5 tier and think they've done great so far. I'm excited to see what they have planned for 2017. L&R

Huber is just a great guy to be around.

Fou-Lu

Where do I send emails for a chance to be on Frame Trap?

Also, is there an easy way to look at my own previous comments on patreon so I can find my previous love and respect questions that haven't been answered?

Man I love that fiasco has turned into a regular show. Watching the current episode and it's so amazing

Feep! You did an amazing job. Blended right in and knocked it out of the park

Cobaba is amazing.

Where do I send emails for a chance to be on Frame Trap?

Also, is there an easy way to look at my own previous comments on patreon so I can find my previous love and respect questions that haven't been answered?

askeasyallies AT gmail

I don't believe you can do that on Patreon. It's fairly limited with that sort of thing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom