• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prompto

Banned
I thought bets without Bosman wouldn't be a real Betting Special, but damn, Huber and Ultima Brad delivered. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us when Bosman rejoins the game. Triple Threat?

benblissrok53.gif
Huber and Bosman form an uneasy alliance to take down Ultima Brad.

Vinc

I thought bets without Bosman wouldn't be a real Betting Special, but damn, Huber and Ultima Brad delivered. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us when Bosman rejoins the game. Triple Threat?

benblissrok53.gif

In complete agreement with this, that was a hilarious special. Ultima Brad is amazing :D

cm osi

oh man, the salt in the last guardian review comments is so good

btw just saw this comment
sxoagy.jpg

i understand they can't go around saying "hey we are the guys from GT" and i'm not sure it would be a good thing for the EasyAllies brand to get publicized as the "ex-gt" guys but it seems there still are A LOT of people out there that don't know they are back...

Gigarator

oh man, the salt in the last guardian review comments is so good

btw just saw this comment
sxoagy.jpg

i understand they can't go around saying "hey we are the guys from GT" and i'm not sure it would be a good thing for the EasyAllies brand to get publicized as the "ex-gt" guys but it seems there still are A LOT of people out there that don't know they are back...

I don't think this issue will ever go away. Not much you can do about it really.

Philippo

Two questions Ben:

-How spoilery is it for someone who's still playing the game? On chapter 6 atm.

-Do you happen to know what Kyle thinks of the game? He was really hyped abot it being one of the greats and i'm curious to know where does he sit now.

Two questions Ben:

-How spoilery is it for someone who's still playing the game? On chapter 6 atm.

-Do you happen to know what Kyle thinks of the game? He was really hyped abot it being one of the greats and i'm curious to know where does he sit now.

-We don't ruin the ending or anything like that, but we cover a lot of ground. If you haven't finished I suggest skipping ahead or waiting until later.

-I have no idea what Kyle thinks about it because I believe he hasn't had time to play. Super busy times for everyone. I'm curious about his thoughts as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear more until after the Christmas break. Could be totally wrong, though. Maybe he has secretly been playing it, but I haven't heard anything from him.

So is that the closest we're getting to an FF XV spoilercast Ben?

No, not necessarily. It's just EZA is super slow at playing games (I'm kidding, mostly), so spoilercasts typically have to come late. If you guys want a spoilercast (please voice your opinion), it's something I very much would love to do. Just know that in order to get a full panel for it, I'm guessing it won't happen until sometime in January at the earliest. I say this because I'd love to get Brandon, Blood, and Kyle's unique perspectives, but they're all super busy dudes.

Ben's not a junior anymore. Congrats!

Someone noticed T_T. I'm more excited about this than I should be.

sora87

No, not necessarily. It's just EZA is super slow at playing games (I'm kidding, mostly), so spoilercasts typically have to come late. If you guys want a spoilercast (please voice your opinion), it's something I very much would love to do. Just know that in order to get a full panel for it, I'm guessing it won't happen until sometime in January at the earliest. I say this because I'd love to get Brandon, Blood, and Kyle's unique perspectives, but they're all super busy dudes.

That'd be awesome with those 3, worth the wait for sure! Just hope Brandon gets around to it :p

Vinc

I really, really, REALLY want a spoilercast on both this and The Last Guardian. This is super important! I haven't finished either game and I'm super spoiler conscious, but I really need to hear a conversation among allies after I finish them. Given how big both of them are to the Allies, I'd feel hollow if I didn't have good spoilercasts to look forward to for both after I finish them :D

wiibomb

do it, please, as a person very interesting in these EZA unique perspectives, I would love to hear it.

I actually want more spoiler casts for the future, it is nice to have hype and all, but it almost seems as the hype and the talk of a game banishes once it is release, give it closure!

Vinc

I find the fact that there's always that comment about the ex-GT guys quite encouraging to be honest, it shows there's a lot of room to grow. The more awesome content they keep making, the closer we'll get to that studio! I think Blood could reiterate his challenge once in a while. $1 from everyone who watches the podcast would truly bring them to 50k.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to Frame Trap a good time.
I want to throw this in because I'm hearing this so often right now how nothing can live up to 10 years of expectations. I don't think that's true in a way.

Yeah the chances are unlikely and there are a lot of factors at play with the way expectations build up. But my counter examples are Persona 5 and the Witness, not quite 10 years but maybe ~8, anyways 2 games that I waited a long time for. Both did not disappoint me.

And I think the core thing here is the way how both games chose to represent themselves in the public. XV was just really messy on that front even as recently as 2013 with the rereveal. So I don't know it feels like pulling punches to give that excuse. I put all the fault on Square for that one.

Another example is the Last Guardian I think? I'm not sure yet. But from what I could gather it's an Ueda game with all the bad and good and in that it seems to succeed to answer the expectations of people that fell in love with his games with SotC and Ico. But we'll see, it's still the honeymoon with that game so it might not be fair to make this statement.

I also fully expect DQ11 to live up to almost all expectations. Just by the nature that they're so clearly defined. And that's another game that's going to be 8 years removed from the last non mmo iteration, even longer if you go full on console release.

Listening to Frame Trap a good time.
I want to throw into this because I'm hearing this so often right now how nothing can live up to 10 years of expectations. I don't think that's true in a way.

Yeah the chances are unlikely and there are a lot of factors at play with the way expectations build up. But my counter examples are Persona 5 and the Witness, not quite 10 years but maybe ~8, anyways 2 games that I waited a long time for. Both did not disappoint me.

And I think the core thing here is the way how both games chose to represent themselves in the public. XV was just really messy on that front even as recently as 2013 with the rereveal. So I don't know it feels like pulling punches to give that excuse.

Yeah, I think this is fair. To say it's impossible does a disservice to the games that do manage to completely meet or exceed astronomical expectations.

Now you can post a thread!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing I took away from the FF XV frame trap discussion and it also kind of affirms my own feelings from what I experienced of XV so far, is that the future is so promising. There is so much groundwork layed and lessons that XV must have taught them that if they can capitalize on that XVI might be "the game".
It's just painful that it might be waaaaays off given that FF7R is going to be first.

Edit: Also what I want XVI to be, I actually only have 1 core tenant for FF despite the rhetoric of what's going on currently with how each FF is so different and that's why there is so much dissonance, etc etc.
The 1 thing I want FF to be is a journey with a diverse well executed cast of characters. At least that is what FF is in my mind and the thing that unites all the great FFs for me, but it's interesting to see that people differ on that.

Ultimadrago

I haven't played Final Fantasy XV yet, but I'm sooo tempted to hear everyone's impressions. I don't mind minor spoilers, but Gaah, so conflicted.

Okay, I watched it, story/sidequest details and all. The Final Fantasy XV portion was one of the meatiest, satisfying sit-downs I've seen with EZA yet. It actually has me looking forward to the game a little more and it better irons out (for me personally) Ben's final score for the title. Whether of not I'll agree is a different topic, but I understand some of the intended emphasis he was trying to get across a tad clearer.

Hearing about thoughts on the extra lore material to the use/abuse of magic and UI issues (from Damiani who did a nice job of describing a grievance I'll likely have with it and the load times) successfully created a fuller picture for me going into Final Fantasy XV. This was a very good talk and I'm glad to have tuned in. I wish Brad spoke more though. He seemed to be rather hush about most of the topics outside of story.

omnislasht2s59.gif

jett

D-Member
Bosman is officially a gaming celebrity in China!

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/6/13858794/the-game-awards-audience-up-65-percent-to-3-8m

Viewers accounted for about 3.8 million live streams of the Game Awards last week, up from 2.3 million the year before and 1.9 million in 2014, according to the award show.

The 65 percent increase was in part due to a new deal with Tencent to stream the show live in China. That distribution deal accounted for nearly a million of the new viewers, according to show organizers.

Somehow EZA must capitalize on this.

So has any of the Allies told us what their plans for GOTY content is?
I'm really really hoping that they do it Bombcast style, with a no holds barred GOTY discussion.

That car prediction was hilarious after they realised they completely forgot about GT Sport. And how Brandon said they were wrong in the first frame of that trailer haha.

I'm only an hour into Frame Trap (and up to Chapter 10 in FFXV...) but this is a fantastic discussion. Ben, have you played Type-0? Because FFXV has the EXACT same problems I had with that game. It doesn't explain anything. You're thrown into the game with a cast of characters and you have no idea who they are or what their backstory is. How do you find this out, you ask? By reading the f'n manga that was only available as part of the CE.

It was one of the things I was most concerned about going into FFXV and based on what I've played so far, I think that while Tabata makes really fun games, he's a terrible story teller. Not one of his games has had even a decent story, they're vague, incoherent messes. People give Toriyama and Nomura a lot of flack but at least you can actually follow their dumb, convoluted stories.

I really think Square Enix would be best served ripping off Naughty Dog's development structure. Instead of just having one guy direct the entire game, they need a Creative Director in charge of the narrative and performances (who can, you know, actually tell a good story) and a Game Director in charge of the game design.

WarRock

I'm in the middle of a trip so a little hard to keep up with EZA, but I'm totally watching Frame Trap anyway. There is almost an hour left yet, but I'm pausing to say:

Ben, thanks for this show. Just, thanks.

And... Caught in a frame trap is a great addition! Great call on magitek being the forbidden word for this episode.
I also thought that there was a Bahamut fight in FFVII, but I think it's just that you see someone else summoning it. You do fight it in Crisis Core though!

So this is the first holiday that EZA will be around yeah? Have they discussed what they're doing for the game of the year awards season?

Just saw the post above me haha

nillapuddin

I only made it 5 minutes into Bets because I missed Bosman..

looking at this page I guess Ill go back and watch

#bosmanrevengetour2017

Mario007

Could we get FFXV and Witcher 3 spoilercasts? I think people will push for FFXV, but the Witcher 3 would be awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom