• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Last Guardian CE came in! I think the statue came out well. The boy isn't all that detailed but he's so small its not an issue. Plus it comes with the OST which is pretty sweet

e7PDlTK.jpg
Ft1Tn5U.jpg
n6EBRoy.jpg

CyReN

Here's a SoundCloud link - https://soundcloud.com/user-50492631/ft-18-audio

The RSS feed has been updated, but it takes a bit for it to actually appear on iTunes and Google Play. Usually shows up within an hour of posting. It's a little frustrating.

Anyway to update the name from User 50492631 to Frame Trap on Soundcloud by chance? Follow quite a few podcasts on Soundcloud and always have to look for this channel.

Keep up the great work as always.

Ultimadrago

Frame trap was terrific. Brad got me really hyped for persona.

Brad's comment about Persona 5 had me looking like Damiani and Huber. It was like a mixture of disbelief and excitement. I was already planning on getting the game, but that discussion has me more intrigued as well.

Burt

Great, great Frame Trap discussion. Really appreciate everyone getting into some of the nitty gritty for an extended period of time.

Mario007

(all I secretly want to do is talk about Witcher for 8 hours with the allies)

Honestly just get Blood and have Brandon or Kyle moderate it for you like Let's Plays and it would be glorious. Doesn't even have to be too long if it's too much of a time investment.

Good frametrap otherwise, Ben. Regarding turn-based games honestly you don't even have to go outside of the FF genre since just last month we had World of Final Fantasy coming out.

And now it looks like he's headed to trial! Hahaha
I'm with Huber on that. Clearly the upper bound on any stream time metric is "full playthrough", or maybe "100% playthrough" if people insist on being anal about it.

The vindictive way to circumvent the bet would be to refuse to do it until it's physically impossible (wait until it compounds to 100 years of stream time or so), and then argue from there...

El-Suave

Frame Trap was great as expected, thanks for talking substantially about FF XV without being spoilery. If I could have one suggestion it's about the FT mini game - the idea is wonderful and very fun, but both times it was played it took a minute or two too long so it became a bit distracting.
Special shout out to Brad, for some reason I like the way he talks about games he's played, the listener really gets a good impression about them. So, by all means, more Brad!

Don't know if anyone here is interested but if you're a fan of beat 'em ups (specifically Streets Of Rage) don't sleep on Mother Russia Bleeds

It's been out for a while on PC but just came out on PS4 over the weekend. I've been hyped for it since the game's reveal, solely because I thought "oh cool, someone's making one of these games".

While being excited for it my expectations were in check, I figured at best it would just be fun to punch some dudes.

I just finished the game last night. Mother Russia Bleeds is legitimately an amazing fucking game.

The artstyle is a perfect modernization of the gritty Streets Of Rage 1 style (which I prefer to the more polished/Final Fight-ish look the series took with 2). The music is phenomenal. The combat is on point and additions that might seem questionable at first (guns) end up being implemented very well and just make for a really awesome experience

The game has legit the best boss fights I've ever played in a beat 'em up. Usually (music aside) boss fights can be kind of shit, just a big enemy with bullshit attacks. MRB turns them into setpieces where you can't just punch them normally, you have to use weapons/the environment/and smaller enemies to stun/push/damage them. It makes for some crazy encounters. Stage hazards can be shit/annoying in a lot of games but they are a pleasure in MRB because they can hurt the enemies too, and do often. Explosives, helicopter machine guns, trains, etc. There's even AI enemies fighting each other which is pretty rad and helps make it feel like a brawl.

So basically what I'm trying to say is Mother Russia Bleeds is a pretty cool game

Thanks for or the write up. That's a game I've wanted to check out sometime when my game backlog settles down a little.
For sure.

My only real gripes with the game is it is pretty dialogue heavy (which you can skip) but I don't think there's any way to just turn all that off. It's all very Hotline Miami which makes sense, though I think the "trying hard to be like HM" part is probably the game's weakest aspect. The violence and style rules but the trippy drug stuff is whatever

But man stuff like having enemies throw grenades and being able to either throw enemies into them or just picking up the grenades and throwing them back....so rad. I've never seen a beat em up allow the player to use environments so heavily to their advantage

Auctopus

I definitely think we'll see Mother Russia Bleeds on a stream.

Huber's been pining for a Streets of Rage clone and different members of the team have talked about it as early as last year.

Ultimadrago

Oh my God, I am only now watching Bosman's Part 7 of Banjo and the amount of times he's dying on the Grunty Quiz. LOL. He's getting so upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom