• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

Ben on Damiani vs Bosman: "Whoever wins we lose." Truer words have never been said.
I never cheered on Damiani so much. That Bosman never teaching anyone the rules nor the controls. No dignity!

My reaction to Ben's reaction towards Berserk box art:

uF0utpf.gif

As for Huber's bet. I think it would be amazing if he pulls a face-heel turn/a Bosman and stream someone else playing DS3 while he plays aLttP or Bioshock (or any game Kyle hates). Naturally this would lead to Bosman pulling a heel-face turn. #lore

Side note: Is there a place I can send feedback on Patreon?

Therese and Pomper are on the ropes so we could have "two character deaths"

...I guess poor Moof doesn't even count as a character yet (I want him to level up to 2 hit points!)

jacobeid

Banned
Yeah, I think this is fair. To say it's impossible does a disservice to the games that do manage to completely meet or exceed astronomical expectations.

Hey Ben I just wanted to reach out to say how much I appreciate you. The way that your change up frame trap is amazing and it's by far one of my favorite podcasts.

Keep up the excellent work. Love and respect.

PS I'm 99.9% sure that we've been friends on PSN for years but I forgot who was who. We played Minecraft one night in the EARLY beta days with Brian Albert lol.

Gigarator

Heads up, audio version of the podcast is available, no video yet.

Damiani said:
*NOTE* Video version coming later, we have to re-export it to include a small clip that was omitted by accident.

Edit: Beaten to it!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I finished Cold Steel II. When you feel the same hunger for the follow up that you felt for Persona 5. Goddamn. It's actually like I'm waiting for Winds of Winter. JRPG loving allies pls listen when I say that this series is among the best JRPGs of the last 5 years.

I personally rank it ahead of things like Bravely Default(which I loved). Maybe I put it on the same level as Xenoblade Chronicles. Somewhat behind to Persona for me but that isn't really a mark of shame.(I know these rankings really don't make sense :D and kind of go against how I view games personally but fuck it people should play this, so if giving weird comparison helps with evaluations so be it.)

I will say though especially Cold Steel has a lot of flaws as a result of it unnecessarily chasing a lot of trends in really bad ways. But what makes this series so goddamn great is the story investment across games. It's basically the Marvel Universe: JRPG edition as far as connectiveness is concerned. Each saga(<- important saga not game) though tells a complete and satisfying story at least so far.

So I'm also basically admitting that the investment bias that builds as you play each game is pretty big.

I finished Cold Steel II. When you feel the same hunger for the follow up that you felt for Persona 5. Goddamn. It's actually like I'm waiting for Winds of Winter. JRPG loving allies pls listen when I say that this series is among the best JRPGs of the last 5 years.

You are actually killing me. I need a time chamber.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
You are actually killing me. I need a time chamber.

Sorry @_@ I'm just on such a trails high right now.
Hehe, don't we all. Time for new years resolutions finish one trails game in 2017 :-x.
Reading through the gaf Kiseki/trails thread(cause there is too much stuff to keep track of) is actually a bit like watching EpicNameBro DSI lore videos in 2012. The details people pick up and the possible connections.... x_X.

I personally rank it ahead of things like Bravely Default(which I loved). Maybe I put it on the same level as Xenoblade Chronicles. Somewhat behind to Persona for me but that isn't really a mark of shame.(I know these rankings really don't make sense :D and kind of go against how I view games personally but fuck it people should play this, so if giving weird comparison helps with evaluations so be it.)

I will say though especially Cold Steel has a lot of flaws as a result of it unnecessarily chasing a lot of trends in really bad ways. But what makes this series so goddamn great is the story investment across games. It's basically the Marvel Universe: JRPG edition as far as connectiveness is concerned. Each saga(<- important saga not game) though tells a complete and satisfying story at least so far.

So I'm also basically admitting that the investment bias that builds as you play each game is pretty big.

This is why I didn't play Trails in the Sky until after SC came out and why I refuse to play Cold Steel until the third one is at least on the horizon.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
This is why I didn't play Trails in the Sky until after SC came out and why I refuse to play Cold Steel until the third one is at least on the horizon.

You are a wise person. I am not and that's why I went through the suffering of 3 years when I played FC in 2012(that cliffhanger was Frozen Throne levels of painful). The 1 year wait with CS I and II and now probably III(although I think I'm making the switch to japanese with III).

I need to get my hands on Ao and Zero but these games are expensive man :-x unless you live in japan.

Burt

Nice video. Beginning VR discussion and the enthusiasm for RTS elements in VR reminded me of my dream VR game:

A room-scale Warhammer and/or Warhammer 40k adaptation for the Vive. You and your opponent are sharing the same space, avatars as a 'general' of whatever army you've chosen. So, for instance, if you're playing Orks, you appear as a 9-foot tall Ork to your opponent across the table. If you're playing Empire, you're the Emperor with a flaming aura. And so on and so forth. Obviously, all of your units are alive and animated so you can go full Bosman get on your knees and check out your units idling as they wait for your commands. The key thing is, when you move your units, and especially when you have them attack, your surroundings fade into a ground level depiction of your actions - it puts you in the middle of the battle after you give your orders.

From there, it's basically a game of Warhammer, or whatever adaptation works best for VR.

Then, make it free-to-play and paid for via avatar-general and army customization so that it's an insta-pick up for anyone with a headset, and collect your money.

Oh yeah, and it's obviously called WarhammVR.

If anyone of importance is reading this, send royalty checks for that literally billion-dollar idea to burt@neogaf.com

Anyway, getting back to the video, loved the impressions, but I need to throw in one suggestion that no one talked about: Cosmic Star Heroine. It's the really real realest deal. Everything that you wanted I Am Setsuna to be when you first heard about it, I'm pretty sure CSH is.

Edit: And video podcast up

What's that a reference to?

A lot of people in this thread (myself included) were of the opinion that they could spend their time better by creating content other than reviews.
But ... the numbers are there for us all to see, reviews get views, plain and simple!

So well done to The Nine, knocking it out of the park with everything they are doing. Best in the Biz.

L&R

P.S. Didn't know Huber was such a baseball fan! Go Giants! *fist bump*
Sorry Huber XD

A lot of people in this thread (myself included) were of the opinion that they could spend their time better by creating content other than reviews.
But ... the numbers are there for us all to see, reviews get views, plain and simple!

So well done to The Nine, knocking it out of the park with everything they are doing. Best in the Biz.

L&R

P.S. Didn't know Huber was such a baseball fan! Go Giants! *fist bump*
Sorry Huber XD

People in this thread saying EZA should get rid of reviews, because they're not worth the time and effort that goes into them for the little views they bring.

Oh, I was unaware of that.

Yeah it's interesting to note that the video reviews tend to bring in more hits than the podcasts and weekly shows and whatnot, for the most part. Although event streams seem to triumph above everything else. That PSX reaction vid sure is putting in the work.

Anyway, I'm glad the crew decided to ignore those that advised against it and kept on putting out review content similar to their GT stuff. Very much appreciated. And it seems to be paying off.

El-Suave

EZA PSX coverage has been superb so far, better than any other outlet I'm aware of. I'm glad and surprised to feel a reinvigorated interest in PS VR from the crew, despite being not very impressed as an owner myself with the showing at PSX. Maybe Blood should ask Sony PR for a headset down the road if he hasn't done so back at launch.

J-Skee

While I absolutely love the PSX Wrap Up video, I wish they had footage to show of them playing as their talking about the game, like the GT days. I know it's probably a big ask for such a small team, but yeah, that would be nice.

sora87

It's so surreal having both The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV there on my PS4 menu. Makes me look forward to hearing the groups GOTY discussions if they record them.

Ray Down

Banned
Ben on Damiani vs Bosman: "Whoever wins we lose." Truer words have never been said.
I never cheered on Damiani so much. That Bosman never teaching anyone the rules nor the controls. No dignity!

My reaction to Ben's reaction towards Berserk box art:

uF0utpf.gif

What was the reaction?

Auctopus

What was the reaction?

Pretty normal. That he enjoyed seeing the characters on the boxset and it looked badass to him. I think he did miss that a character is about to be
raped.
Which isn't his fault but yeah, I can imagine fans of the series definitely noticed that.

Ray Down

Banned
Pretty normal. That he enjoyed seeing the characters on the boxset and it looked badass to him. I think he did miss that a character is about to be
raped.
Which isn't his fault but yeah, I can imagine fans of the series definitely noticed that.

How can you miss it though, it's right on the cover.

latest

It's one of the most shocking moments in Berserk.

raped.

All three of them are fans of the series. He was probably was too excited to notice what scene it was.

MrMette

Unless there's an actual name attached, I'm absolutely hopeless with usernames :p

I think Ben's avatar is easy to recognize and it easily stands out (Bloodworth's avatar is easy to recognize as well of course ;)).

Also their NeoGAF username is in the OP if they have one:
Brandon Jones - @TrailerJones GAF: GameTrailersVO
Daniel Bloodworth - @dbloodworth2 GAF: Bloodworth
Kyle Bosman - @kylebosman GAF: Bosman
Michael Huber - @MichealPHuber GAF: HuberHype
Michael Damiani - @mbdamiani GAF: HylianScribe
Ben Moore - @benmoore035 GAF: Grayfox431
Ian Hinck - @IanHinck GAF: IanHinck
Don Casanova - @thenasacova
Bradley Ellis - @bradleyellis87 GAF: bradbot

This was discussed a lot on GAF when the Berserk game was first announced

It is a horrible, traumatic scene in the manga but it's also the iconic moment that sets the tone for the entire series. There's so much straight filth and violence against women (well, violence against everything) used as world building that at a certain point, it just is Berserk

The brand is a symbol and reminder of that event. Are you supposed to feel ashamed for being excited by that brand?

Berserk has some real issues that absolutely are worth criticizing but I think a lot of the garbage is so heavily ingrained in its identity that it's hard to separate. If you like Berserk and that stuff didn't stop you from reading then, even if you acknowledge how fucked it all is, you kind of accept that it's just part of the nightmare.

Rockk

I'm glad they did a recap episode of Tabletop. I had stopped watching since I had become lost as to what they were doing and were they were going. Now I can just catchup and watch the recap episode and be good. Thanks allies!

Chuck

Still without luck
Wait did Huber get mistaken about the Knack speaking bit? I thought he got a point because that scrap pile didn't talk.

How can you miss it though, it's right on the cover.

latest

It's one of the most shocking moments in Berserk.

Guys, I wasn't exited about the Casca thing, c'mon. Just excited about getting the game from a fan. This is ridiculous. You are reading into nothing. I can't believe people would judge me over something I didn't do nor was trying to do in any way. Don't assume someone's feelings over such an issue. I'm shocked I have to say this, but I think rape is abhorrent. Of course I recognized the scene, but was simply blown away that the game showed up in the mail.

I think the cover is cool •shrug•

It's the major turning point in the story. Doesn't have to mean
.....rape.....
is somehow glorified.

I'd certainly take that over something like the bland PS2 Berserk cover art.

Auctopus

Huber is peaking that microphone at PSX. Shit, it is constantly clipping.

Guys, I wasn't exited about the Casca thing, c'mon. Just excited about getting the game from a fan. This is ridiculous. You are reading into nothing. I can't believe people would judge me over something I didn't do nor was trying to do in any way. Don't assume someone's feelings over such an issue. I'm shocked I have to say this, but I think rape is abhorrent. Of course I recognized the scene, but was simply blown away that the game showed up in the mail.

Whoah, I don't think anybody was saying that, Ben! I was just explaining the sort of seedy stuff on the cover to Ray Down, I never meant to say that you were okay with that sort of thing. I got that you were just sharing your excitement. Sorry if it came across like I was accusing you of anything. L&R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom