• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Props to Ben for flying the Titanfall 2 flag, especially the multiplayer. I haven't played an online shooter this generation that feels as great or unique as that game.

I felt like what he said fell a little on deaf ears as not many of the other Allies had played the MP much (if not at all). If you're solo queuing, I'd even say it's better than Overwatch.

Best RPG should be Dark Souls 3 vs Pokemon S&M IMO. I like FFXV but it's a very flawed game. The storytelling is a disaster and the adamantoise battle literally breaks the f'n game (your party just stands around like morons the ENTIRE fight).

damn bosman is popping off in favor of TLG right now. him casting aside the witness so quickly felt like a stab in my heart

witness goty, love these guys so much

Auctopus

Wow, I feel like Jones is being pretty ignorant right now (especially the Bermuda comment) and did Huber throw in a Team ICO/GenDesign is incompetent shade too?

I feel once you've played it, you can understand why it wasn't possible on PS3.

Double edit: what a bizarre category, I think it was far too subjective.

WarRock

Which game won RPG? I've been tuned in since the beginning but had to take care of some stuff right after the gifts started being opened )=

And it is sure as sugar not FFXV

And it fucking won, give me a damn break.

lol yeah. I bet in a months time FFXV will be forgotten quicker than Huber forgot about 5/5 Uncharted 4. It's a fun game but it's a mess, whereas The Witness and The Last Guardian at all times felt like they had clear and defined creative visions.

Some of these discussions are frustrating to listen to, especially when Jones or Ian are just making shit up.

I understand his point.

I wouldn't be happy waiting for SE to make a game for 10 years. I'll wait as long as it takes for Blow to make another game through.
My argument for TLG. Knowing what I have now with The Last Guardian I'd easily wait another 10 years. It's that worth it. It delivered that much for me

I got most triggered by Ian at the suggestion that TLG had corporate meddling. There nothing corporate about that game

jett

D-Member
Honestly the amount of love FFXV is getting there is strange. I'm glad that Damiani spit some truth about it at least.

I don't understand how you could pick Gravity Rush over Odin Sphere. Is Gravity Rush anything more than an upresed port? They redid entire systems in Odin Sphere.

Bleugh.
Honestly the amount of love FFXV is getting there is strange. I'm glad that Damiani spit some truth about it at least.
Same.
My argument for TLG. Knowing what I have now with The Last Guardian I'd easily wait another 10 years. It's that worth it. It delivered that much for me

I got most triggered by Ian at the suggestion that TLG had corporate meddling. There nothing corporate about that game
I feel you. I'll always be interested in what Ueda does.

Auctopus

Oh dear, the answer here is Siege and I don't think any of them have played it.

Edit: WoW is okay I guess, I don't feel it learned from its mistakes. It just got new content.

Karu

So cool Gravity Rush Remastered won. =)

Feels like the kid that always gets ignored, so good it gets the attention. you can always count on the EZA-crew, heh.

WarRock

Eh. Most improved includes games a service (SF V), expansion packs (WoW), stand alone games that got patched (NMS) but not episodic games? I like the idea of this category but it seems weird.

Gravity Rush greatly improved the controls which was one of the biggest issues with the vita version
I thought the controls were clunky but I don't know how much control updates and upresed graphics stand up to what Odin Sphere did. Gravity was a good game and became a good remaster. Odin Sphere was an okay to good game that became a great game.

jett

D-Member
Eh. Most improved includes games a service (SF V), expansion packs (WoW), stand alone games that got patched (NMS) but not episodic games? I like the idea of this category but it seems weird.

What's funny is that SFV hasn't really gotten any improvements whatsoever lol.

Didn't Brad buy a 4K TV just to experience XV better? It's not surprising the group loves it so much.

That explains it a bit.

Huber's argument about Overwatch vs Battlefield 1 is incredibly dumb.

Battlefield 1 is exactly that. Waves of braindead pubs smashing into each other over and over again.

BBboy20

To think about it, you never hear about multiplayers for fighters.

XCOM 2 is a critical darling and it has multiplayer.

I suppose shooters is a given but I am rather curious about what isn't being talked about in regards of this game mode.

Chuck

Still without luck

Battlefield 1 is exactly that. Waves of braindead pubs smashing into each other over and over again.

It's even more dumb because Overwatch beat Battlefield in best shooter multiplayer...how could Battlefield possibly win a best multiplayer.

WarRock

Someone mentioned Pokemon GO for the best multiplayer category and... yeah, I feel like that this is a very interesting discussion. Wonder if the game had better support it would be nominated for non best mobile categories GOTY arguments.

Also, what the heck Huber. Every OW match will have a healer, well, every BF1 match will have snipers and zeppelins? Such a weird argument. Though I can see where his idea of "all matches feel the same" come from when I think that OW is somewhat based on MOBAs. But I never played it anyway, so what do I know =P

Edit-
What the heck, I've completely forgotten Plants vs Zombies GW2 exists.

And I still think he's wrong in his line of argument. Overwatch takes it. And I fucking love the multiplayer in Battlefield 1.

The fact that he's outnumbered by the allies but still passionately giving his pitch is the best part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom