• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

Why post without the content? Wait for an organized OP

You're also missing all their stream categories

Yep, I would have held off until the video went live. People aren't going to check it out later if the video isn't there now. Also probably should have included the "Former GT people" disclaimer too.

LycanXIII

Can someone who knows all the categories create a real thread for it once the video is uploaded? That thread will not help EZA grow.

Maybe have someone make the thread again when the video is actually out. And also not attempt bad comedy in the OP.

Edit: Or rather, get someone who's actually seen the video.

Here's from memory the categories

Best Shooter Campaign: Doom
Best Shooter Multiplayer: Overwatch
Best Multiplayer: Overwatch
Best Soundtrack: Final Fantasy XV
With the wait: Final Fantasy XV
Best Expansion: Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
Most improved: World of Warcraft
Best Monster Hunter: Monster Hunter Generations
Best shotgun: Doom
Best Beta: Nioh
Best strategy: Civ 6
Best pre-order incentive (Kyle category): Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2
Best Remaster/Remake: Gravity Rush

WarRock

Man, Jones talking about Inside is me talking about Paper, Please. I should get into Inside, I guess.

Can't believe I missed that. To the VODs I go.

Here's from memory the categories

Best Shooter Campaign: Doom
Best Shooter Multiplayer: Overwatch
Best Soundtrack: Final Fantasy XV
With the wait: Final Fantasy XV
Best Expansion: Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
Most improved: World of Warcraft
Best shotgun: Doom
Best Beta: Nioh
Best strategy: Civ 6
Best pre-order incentive (Kyle category): Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2
Best Remaster/Remake: Gravity Rush
Best Owl: Rowlet

BBboy20

Man, Jones talking about Inside is me talking about Paper, Please. I should get into Inside, I guess.

Can't believe I missed that. To the VODs I go.
Demo is on Steam.

Also:
latest

Straight-up amazed Ben or anyone else forgot about this dude.

Someone should just remake the thread once the video is live and the VOD is viewable.

It should be about the entire show, not just their GOTY picks anyways.

Bosman the betrayal for not picking ffxv! It was one of the greats! A legendary sword. Xp

Last guardian must have cut deeper. Can't blame him fantastic game

Karu

Someone should just remake the thread once the video is live and the VOD is viewable.

It should be about the entire show, not just their GOTY picks anyways.
I think for the thread, the cut-out video is way more important. "no one"'s gonna watch a three hour stream where the first 45 minutes are stalling for corporate Bosman... :p

Edit: Whatever. You guys got this! ;-)

As soon as Bosman joined the discussions it turned into chaos.

Comes in with a copy of TF2 says its the best multiplayer shooter. Then Brad says over Overwatch? "Huh Overwatch is a shooter?" Fucking Bosman never change.

StoveOven

Banned
As soon as Bosman joined the discussions it turned into chaos.

Comes in with a copy of TF2 says its the best multiplayer shooter. Then Brad says over Overwatch? "Huh Overwatch is a shooter?" Fucking Bosman never change.

I would listen to an argument for why Overwatch isn't a shooter. I mean, there are characters without guns.

LycanXIII

So once we have the videos on YouTube I think we should reboot that other thread. It's not doing anyone any favors.

Yep. I didn't start watching until the Pre-order bonus award, so I missed everything before that. Thread needs at least the GotY video, the Twitch VoD (Youtube can be added later), the Patreon info, and the "Former GT" disclaimer.

Easy Allies 2016 Game Awards Remastered

So once we have the videos on YouTube I think we should reboot that other thread. It's not doing anyone any favors.

Eh, wait and see. If Uno's thread falls back a few pages, go ahead and do it, but if it gets enough activity, just post the video in the thread and ask Uno to edit the OP. It'll be fine, guys. Uno screwed up and got trolled but he had good intentions and tried to fix his mistakes.

wapplew

Eh, wait and see. If Uno's thread falls back a few pages, go ahead and do it, but if it gets enough activity, just post the video in the thread and ask Uno to edit the OP. It'll be fine, guys. Uno screwed up and got trolled but he had good intentions and tried to fix his mistakes.

Ya, don't need 2 thread for that. Just keep updating it, should be fine.

Karu

I really am curious about FFXV, but everything I hear about that game makes me want to ignore it. Hearing about the story-make up and pacing just turns me off way too much. Don't think the 12 Deals of December rabatt will be all that great, but maybe it will be a good enough deal after all.

That I don't have any real attachment to the franchise is another point where my lack of interest might stem from.

Not growing up with owning a console early on, only being able to play multiplayer at friends' houses really informed my later tastes. Realizing that makes me a bit sad though, haha. Maybe it was for the better, though. Nothing better than Räuber und Gendarm in der Siedlung mit den Nachbarskindern, the real Dark Souls. :D

Edit: I just realized - they just had a three hour stream, gonna record a new Pokemon episode AND do two EZA podcast episodes? Well... that's just crazy.

This would be my personal list:

Best Shooter Campaign: Owlboy :p
Best Multiplayer: Civilization VI
Best Soundtrack: Owlboy
Worth the Wait: Owlboy
Best Expansion: Crusader Kings II: Reaper's Due
Most Improved: Stardew Valley
Best Remake: OneShot
Best Monster Hunter: Sun & Moon
Best Strategy: Civilization VI
Best pre-order incentive: Civilization VI
Best Owl: Otus

Karu

Best Shooter Campaign: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Best Soundtrack: Pokemon Sun
Worth the Wait: The Witness
Best Expansion: The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine
Most Improved: Dunno...
Best Remake: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Best Monster Hunter: Dragon's Dogma for PS3
Best Strategy: Dunno...
Best pre-order incentive: The No Man's Sky Tears Edition
Best Owl: Rowlet

My own categories out of my ass...

Most interesting looking Game I haven't played: The Last Guardian
Best Campaign I will probably never finish: Dragon Quest VII
Best Prediction I made: Hitman episodic structure will be amazing

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even fill half of the categories. :-x
That said:

Worth the wait: Persona 5
(I feel bad mentioning it cause I don't want to remind people of the wait, but it simply has to be for me)

Best Expansion: Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine

Best Strategy: Dota 2
(I play at a level where every major patch makes the game wildy different, but the recent patch is something else. It's actually just kind of a different game. I actually don't understand the game anymore on many of the more nuanced aspects, and I've been playing since beta days of dota 2. How do I move correctly y_y during the game)

A few of my own categories:

Best Mind Bone: The Witness
(I gnawed on this for the better part of the first half of the year and I still return to it once in a while just to find new things, to me it's always something special when a game can occupy your headspace for so long)

Best Soundtrack: Persona 5 :-x

Best Heartbreak(that I still liked): Zero Time Dilemma
(I want to say FFXV but I have not finished it, that said ZTD a game that tried something new and went for it and it didn't work, I can't fault it for that, especially heartbreaking when you see the fantastic cover art of the game + all these moments that showcase Uchikoshi still has it but it is just so apparent how limiting the "everything is a 3d scene", Telltale style has been to the game.)

Best Lore/Worldbuilding: Trails of Cold Steel II
(I've been down that rabbit hole the last few weeks, so many things to pick up on, so many theories, so many "what does it mean?" "I need answers now" x_X)

Best comfort game: Dark Souls III
(I loved DSIII, heck I did the platinum the most painful in the series, that said now at the end of the year it just didn't have the same sticking power haunting me with it's world like Bloodborne or DSI had and yet whenever I think about my time with it my mind conjures up a tremendous game.)

Best Discovery: YAKUZA
(I feel like I don't need to explain, Essence of Greatness)

Also I platted a scary amount of games this year x_X Dark Souls III, The Witness, ZTD, Cold Steel II, Persona 5, Yakuza 5. Send help @_@
-------------------------
Favorite EZA content piece of the year: Trial of Kyle Bosman(I'm sorry for not picking music for Brad)
Favorite EZA meme: Does Ben own land?(I don't know this just cracks me up still)

Also treasure tracker looks like an amazing puzzle game.
-------------------------
Also one thing that this year confirmed for me is that timing of when to play a game is important. I feel like I ruined my experience with XV a bit coming of off Persona 5 and dabbling into it while finishing up Cold Steel II(just too many RPGs). Maybe that's a dumb thing to say but what I experience/have experienced and how strong the impressions are left in my mind just colors my perception of things so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom