• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
My argument for TLG. Knowing what I have now with The Last Guardian I'd easily wait another 10 years. It's that worth it. It delivered that much for me

I got most triggered by Ian at the suggestion that TLG had corporate meddling. There nothing corporate about that game

Yeah, that really annoyed me too. If there were any "corporate meddling", it would've been cancelled a decade ago. Like I said before, it's really frustrating when some people have no interest in a discussion and are just making up their argument as they go.

I don't understand how you could pick Gravity Rush over Odin Sphere. Is Gravity Rush anything more than an upresed port? They redid entire systems in Odin Sphere.

Gravity Rush Remastered got far more detailed textures, more complex models, better controls and a locked 60fps. I'd argue it's the best remaster Bluepoint's done.

Deserved winner IMO.

WarRock

????
no va-11 hall-a?

well
I would never be satisfied with this anyway, there is like two hundreds OSTs from this year that impressed the hell out of me.

I'm extremely salty at this Mick Gordon disrespect.

Actually I wish someone would have mentioned Steamworld Heist. It had a lovely little steampunk OST.

Auctopus

I am in genuine disbelief that the UNCHARTED 4 OST didnt get a single mention just then. Fine with it not winning but damn.

I'd understand more casual music fans would put it down 'cause "blah blah, no Nate's theme" but that was one of the most varied in both timbre and instrumentation releases this year. It matured beautifully alongside the game compared to the previous trilogies. I really thought Blood would've said something about it.

Patrons GOTY:
1. Uncharted 4
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Overwatch
4. Dark Souls III
5. The Last Guardian
6. Pokemon Sun and Moon
7. The Witness
8. DOOM
9. Inside
10. Titanfall 2

I'm happy with that.

Deserved for UC4, it's going to win GAF GOTY as well.

I am in genuine disbelief that the UNCHARTED 4 OST didnt get a single mention just then. Fine with it not winning but damn.

I'd understand more casual music fans would put it down 'cause "blah blah, no Nate's theme" but that was one of the most varied in both timbre and instrumentation releases this year. It matured beautifully alongside the game compared to the previous trilogies. I really thought Blood would've said something about it.
I felt it was pretty understated & unmemorable compared to past games tbh.

I don't remember many tracks from that OST. But one track stands out to me. The one from that jeep ride with
Elena

So good.

Tankard

Huber is beat tonight, absolutely no love for BF1 and i'm with him, extremely underlooked game.

At least it's gonna be on my top 10 list for Gaf's list, Hubear.

jett

D-Member
First time Uncharted 4 has been brought up all night LOL.

edit: every single one of their nominees had better music than UC4.

LycanXIII

So, Blood said they have 12 nominees for GOTY, here's my guess:

- Overwatch (everyone loved it)
- Dark Souls 3 (huge fans)
- Uncharted 4 (Huber, Brad and Jones)
- The Witness (Kyle and Ian)
- Inside (Ian)
- Doom (Ben and Ian)
- FFXV (Ben and Brad)
- The Last Guardian (Blood)
- Pokémon Sun and Moon (Kyle and Jones)
- Dishonored 2 (they all went from indifference to love on this one)
- Battlefield 1 (Huber and Brad)
- Owlboy (Blood) / Titanfall 2 (Huber and Jones)

Nice haha

I do wish the video had the devs listed instead of the publishers.

Karu

That "worth the wait" drop in the GoTY speech at the end...lol...fitting... :D

Surprised it won. Probably will buy it now after all.

jett

D-Member
Uncharted 4

tenor.gif

Auctopus

That video exemplified what I love about Easy Allies. A perfect varied range of nominees and with each nomination, you can hear the personality of one of the team talking.

Even though TLG won (unexpected!), I feel like every game on the list got its due.

Thanks for a great year, guys!

i bet Brandon/Blood regret writing that "worth the wait" line

ShadyK54

That was a damn good video. Uncharted 4 not getting the pick hurts, but I can't be mad at TLG getting it. Looks like I'm going to have to pick it up sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom