• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I think it's important for content-creators and public personalities to distance themselves even for a bit from internet comments. Constructive feedback, and praise, are good but not when you have to muddle through trash or even get trash hurled at you while looking for it.
I say these things as someone whose posts started multiple conversations, whether intentionally or not, that didn't make you happy. I apologize, I bear no ill feelings, I'm just not filtering myself.

??

You've never bothered me. Nothing to apologize for.

I feel that Huber lost his bet in the worst timeframe possible. Giants gear in all important end-of-year videos and streams, on a recording of TTE (4 episodes) and he recorded two podcasts in a row. Did he appear in Frame trap like this too?

Watching the awards stream just now. Currently at best demo/beta.

How, as a huge Soulsborne fan, did I not particularly enjoy Nioh? I can't put my finger on why it didn't quite click for me.

But I love Ben's enthusiasm for it. I'd watch the shit out of him doing a full play through.

cm osi

is the song submission for bos vs woz possible only when he's streaming or i can submit song anytime? dunno if the bot is always running

CyReN

Just finished the most recent podcast (#39), terrific year for everyone involved. Can't wait for 2017!

Go Purple Platypi!

Jimmy Fallon was freaking out about the switch?! 😱💯

😂😂😂😂😂😂 Hahahahahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🎉🎉🎉 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Love Jimmy.

Ben, I'm the dude that called you out for the name, "Tales from the East." I apologize if I came off too strong or aggressive. EZA is the only crew I follow so it's nothing but L&R. I shoulda stuck around instead of dipping. I didn't feel like goin back and forth w/ peeps here.

I just wanna co-sign all the props/+ vibes for you. Frame Trap has become a more enjoyable podcast than the main one for me mainly due to your moderation and creativity (ramen bit was godlike). It's also great to have someone in the crew that enjoys fighting games, yakuza, and windjammers. You gotta show some love to KOFXIV tho!

demu

Can anyone explain me the Twitch emotes ezaPj and ezaGodfrey? I assume they are some kind of reference to the GameTrailer days, right?

Huber is like "I made too many bets this year"

10 minutes later

"Let's make a bet".

Someone help him.
Haha Yea. His retirement didn't last long

Can anyone explain me the Twitch emotes ezaPj and ezaGodfrey? I assume they are some kind of reference to the GameTrailer days, right?
A while back Ben's 3DS was stolen and the person who had it created a profile named PJ and it kept popping up. Godfrey is Ben's pet cactus. He shows him at the start of his solo streams. He also now has a pal in a stuffed FF cactar

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Watching the awards stream just now. Currently at best demo/beta.

How, as a huge Soulsborne fan, did I not particularly enjoy Nioh? I can't put my finger on why it didn't quite click for me.

But I love Ben's enthusiasm for it. I'd watch the shit out of him doing a full play through.

I remember trying the Alpha and not liking it at all. Gave the beta a shot due to the improvements and absolutely loved it.

Here's hoping it improves evening further for release.

I remember trying the Alpha and not liking it at all. Gave the beta a shot due to the improvements and absolutely loved it.

Here's hoping it improves evening further for release.
Yeah the beta is a huge improvement. Looking forward to the release when people complain it's changed too much from the alpha, lol. "they made it for casuals!"

I'm still a bit mixed on it. I'd personally rather have a straight up character action game over the more deliberate combat of Souls, but the mix of both is pretty interesting

I mean they got rid of weapon degradation so it's already at least an 8. Fuuuuuck that shit (unless its a game like Let It Die where almost every enemy drops weapons)

I'd like to be there day one but this year is going to be absolutely insane. Even more so when most heavy hitters are scheduled in the early months so even with late delays they're all still hitting 2017. Bloodbath.

Vinc

I wonder if there's a chance we'll get an EZA Rogue One discussion this year. I really loved their Force Awakens discussion last year. I just came out of it and absolutely loved it, I'm just kind of riding the high right now :p

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the loot system in Nioh turns out great and has more depth than the beta which was promising. To me Nioh had that addictiveness of diablo of running bosses alone or with 2 people in hope for the exact base item you need and after that it was all about reforging.

Prompto

Banned
I wonder if there's a chance we'll get an EZA Rogue One discussion this year. I really loved their Force Awakens discussion last year. I just came out of it and absolutely loved it, I'm just kind of riding the high right now :p
Same. I thought it was great.

They might be disappointed the "I rebel" line isn't in the movie considering how much they quoted it on group streams lol

Corporate meddling doesn't have to be as negative as you guys are making out to be, nor does it necessarily have to do with the game itself. It could be as simple as switching development from PS3 to PS4, I can easily imagine that the team would've preferred to pull a Persona 4 and release it on PS3 post-PS4 release.

Now for a biased argument since I picked The Witness for my GOTY (humor me for a bit). One could argue that The Last Guardian could use more time or extra polish, whether to fix something major like the frame rate or the camera; or something trivial like the button prompts or even explaining what midnight mode is. Another argument would be for how familiar we were with TLG as opposed to The Witness. It goes both ways but to spin it towards my side: TLG's multiple outings over time affected people's emotions towards the game and tampered with the worthiness of the wait.

The entire reason why TLG was moved to PS4 was because it couldn't run on the PS3, so nope.

And as a counter point to your polish argument, The Witness could've used some more time to cut those garbage bird call puzzles from the game. So there! :p

Huber is like "I made too many bets this year"

10 minutes later

"Let's make a bet".

Someone help him.

He needs an Intervention. Get Don to sit him down and share some words of wisdom from a pro.

Rogue One didn't hit me as hard as Force Awakens but it's a solid dose of Star Wars

Looks beautiful

I just got back from it and yeah, it's alright. It was a really cool look to it, like it's a modern sci-fi movie but it still has a retro old Star Wars feel to it.

wiibomb

as a person who deeply cares about soundtracks in games, I was not ok Dark Souls 3 soundtrack wasn't brought up, however even if I completely love DS3 soundtrack, I still think FFXV is better for the very different and optimal tastes it has, it is amazing in soundtrack, so in the end it was totally ok.

diablogod

as a person who deeply cares about soundtracks in games, I was not ok Dark Souls 3 soundtrack wasn't brought up, however even if I completely love DS3 soundtrack, I still think FFXV is better for the very different and optimal tastes it has, it is amazing in soundtrack, so in the end it was totally ok.

DS3 soundtrack should have been mentioned, but I don't think it holds a candle to FF15, and imo is a downgrade compared with god tier Bloodborne.

wiibomb

DS3 soundtrack should have been mentioned, but I don't think it holds a candle to FF15, and imo is a downgrade compared with god tier Bloodborne.

I don't think it's fair to compare BB and DS as the tones are quite different in both of them, I would compare it more to the other Dark Souls titles, as a kind of evolution comparison, and DS3, at least for me, accomplished absolutely amazing things.

I don't think either soundtrack of Bloodborne, Dark Souls or Dark Souls 3 is better over the other, they are masterpieces on their own.(Dark Souls 2 isn't as memorable for me)

farisr

Rewatchinh the first Raimi Spider-Man right now. Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker (not whiny yet) is reminding me of Kyle. Lol.

DS3 has some incredible standout tunes but as a whole I can't say majority are on par with its best

The title screen/menu music is easily song of the year though, no contest

Everything I've heard in XV is fucking phenomenal. It kills me that I haven't had a chance to get back into it since before PSX, hoping I'll be able to dive back in next week

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting the countdown(hopefully a correct one) from the JumpFesta thread(cause I want to share the hype)
So approximately
It should be that :
t1481941800z0.png
until we're hopefully all a bit smarter about DQ11

Yooooo. The patreon number Is now at $39,012. I know Blood has been skeptical at some of the bump but regardless it's still going up! Highest it's been since around E3

Could we possibly hit $40k before 2017?

BBboy20

Rogue One didn't hit me as hard as Force Awakens but it's a solid dose of Star Wars

Looks beautiful
Someone tweeted Ep7 as something made for everyone while this flick is made for "us".

I mean, I'll see it but it does seem to be getting a better reception then Godzilla 2014.

Someone tweeted Ep7 as something made for everyone while this flick is made for "us".

I mean, I'll see it but it does seem to be getting a better reception then Godzilla 2014.
Ehhh

I don't want to overly influence anyone's opinions but I'll say this

My biggest fear of them bringing back Star Wars was that they'd lean too hard into the fanbase and have shit like "Han shot first" references and the like. Episode 7, while obviously leaning on A New Hope, never goes into that sort of territory and is more referencing to the legacy of the legends in that universe.

While Rogue One never goes that far, it's definitely closer to what I was afraid of. There's a lot of cool stuff and if you like Star Wars then guess what, there's some Star Wars ass Star Wars there. But for me personally it had a lot more of that "made by fans" feeling which might be what some are looking for, but I'm not

Axass

Yooooo. The patreon number Is now at $39,012. I know Blood has been skeptical at some of the bump but regardless it's still going up! Highest it's been since around E3

Could we possibly hit $40k before 2017?

There's definitely something odd going on. If you'd been following Graphtreon for months like me, you'd have noticed that a bunch of days ago (starting from December 12th) all the top creators got a HUGE boost. I mean, Kinda Funny got like $5.000 more. Also the number of patrons grew astronomically in a very quick time (Amanda Palmer went from 8700 to 9500).

However I can't, for the life of me, find anyone on the whole net talking about it. So I dunno if it's a glitch or not, but it definitely seems so.

Servbot24

Banned
There's definitely something odd going on. If you'd been following Graphtreon for months like me, you'd have noticed that a bunch of days ago (starting from December 12th) all the top creators got a HUGE boost. I mean, Kinda Funny got like $5.000 more. Also the number of patrons grew astronomically in a very quick time (Amanda Palmer went from 8700 to 9500).

However I can't, for the life of me, find anyone on the whole net talking about it. So I dunno if it's a glitch or not, but it definitely seems so.

Does Patreon let you gift subscriptions?

Fou-Lu

I really wanted to do something for the Allies for the holidays as a thank you, but I have no creative talents and am pretty much broke. Such is the life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom