• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

After watching all of it I think the GOTY stuff was pretty good but it would probably benefit from being slightly more organized and also on focusing on the more specific categories because because those are legit way more interesting than arguing about the big games like Overwatch/Uncharted 4/DOOM that everyone and their mother already played and knows are good.

Dmax3901

I perhaps made the situation seem more dramatic than it actually is. Ben tweeted some time in the last day or so that he was feeling down and getting a lot of negative vibes from people. Of course people showed support on twitter and no doubt improved his mood. My post was in response to that, but I've been meaning to say that stuff for a while.

I'd get a link to the tweet but I'm at work atm.

After watching all of it I think the GOTY stuff was pretty good but it would probably benefit from being slightly more organized and also on focusing on the more specific categories because because those are legit way more interesting than arguing about the big games like Overwatch/Uncharted 4/DOOM that everyone and their mother already played and knows are good.

You get deliberations or you get organization. No way are you ever getting both.

Axass

Ben is a great dude first and foremost, the fact I find his taste comparable to mine only adds to it.

He has a way with words, is a much better DM than me, and he's living the dream. I wish I could do game coverage for a living, in my country it's pretty much a laughable concept for everybody but a tiny few.

Haters gonna hate Ben, you have to take into consideration criticism, even the harsh one, it's good to grow up and evolve, but always be yourself and stand by your choices. We love you guys BECAUSE you're true to yourselves.

Also, Berserk is dope. ;)

sora87

Whoa whoa, I won't stand for anyone doubting or putting down Benjamin Moorehouse. 1v1 me, fox only no items final destination.

Ben Moore is one of the best. Not only in the biz, but in general. This man deserves nothing but love and respect. I'm incredibly happy that he's part of the Easy Allies.

Thank you, everyone. I sincerely appreciate the kindness.

As far as getting bummed out by the internet, I actually think I lot of it is on me. I just spend too much time focusing on it. It's okay if people don't like me and there's no reason to get angry about it or obsess over it. As another poster said, it's important to take all types of criticism under consideration, even the harsh stuff. I have pretty thin skin, but that's not a great excuse. I'm very fortunate to do this at all and of course it's going to come with some negative feedback. Rightfully so, even.

I'm grateful for EZA and so happy that many people seem to dig it.

Axass

As far as getting bummed out by the internet, I actually think I lot of it is on me. I just spend too much time focusing on it. It's okay if people don't like me and there's no reason to get angry about it or obsess over it. As another poster said, it's important to take all types of criticism under consideration, even the harsh stuff. I have pretty thin skin, but that's not a great excuse. I'm very fortunate to do this at all and of course it's going to come with some negative feedback. Rightfully so, even.

I had too once, you'll get used to it with time. You're doing great.

L&R

Perhaps to lighten the mood a little, I present more Brandon with Noctis hair. It's the most beautiful thing.

CzrBclsWQAA8G7S.jpg:large

Dmax3901

While I agree, some things are never helpful. Mostly the stuff I see directed at Ian a lot of the time. I'm sure he's been forced to develop a pretty thick skin over the years, but it also must get to him. I don't understand how people get nasty and personal like that.

Also Jones to play older Noctis in the film version confirmed?

Philippo

We love you Ben, keep up the amazing job and spread the JRPG love!
L&R

Perhaps to lighten the mood a little, I present more Brandon with Noctis hair. It's the most beautiful thing.

Okay now i seriously love you, Brandon Lucis Caelum protagonist of FFXV-2!

Axass

While I agree, some things are never helpful. Mostly the stuff I see directed at Ian a lot of the time. I'm sure he's been forced to develop a pretty thick skin over the years, but it also must get to him. I don't understand how people get nasty and personal like that.

Also Jones to play older Noctis in the film version confirmed?

For sure, that's why I used the word "criticism", which may be harsh but still constructive, even if only because you see how you're externally viewed by some people, and you may end up asking yourself a few question about yourself, who you are and how you do things.

The stuff thrown at Ian (and not only at him sadly, pretty much all the Allies got their share at least once or twice) oft doesn't qualify as criticism, but as mean spirited or down-right hateful words. That's not even worthy of being heard/read.

I think I missed the Jones with Noctis hair thing. I'm kinda mesmerized by him though...

BBboy20

We'll definitely see an Uneasy Alliance with the GOTY choices next year. It's gonna be a blood bath with Zelda, Red Dead, and Persona.
zmbObch.png

Like acknowledging The Silver Case's existence for a start.

Guys we get 4 episodes with Giants wearing Huber for tabletop escapades. So amazing.

It's the hat that makes me laugh every time I see it.

This episode of TTE is off the rails!

WarRock

Man, can you imagine if Sonic creeps into GOTY discussions next year, what a crazy moment that would be, after so much time with the franchise being.... shaky, let's say.

GOTY 2017 is obviously going to be Sonic Mania.

Sorry Zelda/Red Dead/Persona/Mario, sometimes the bear gets you.
THIS RIGHT HERE

I got lost in a loop of bouncing/climbing/falling in Studiopolis for like 5 times until I said fuck it and jumped down a random hole which eventually led to the end of the level

Sonic is back

I think it's important to have an open mind and take constructive criticism but if they're just being harsh, I'd throw their opinions in the dumpster. You were great on the stream.

I'm watching the podcast right now and the GwG vs PS+ discussion is a bit silly. Shouldn't they take into account the fact that three of GwG's four games were on PS+ years ago? Though Sleepy Dogs was the original, not the DE.

Edit: Sorry Damiani but the idea publishers are just going to abandon the Xbone is cray cray. This is the same industry that clung onto the PS3 and 360 until just last year (hell, Persona 5's STILL coming out on PS3). There's ~24 million Xbone's and 50+ million PS4's out there, no-one is going anywhere.

Edit #2: Wait, did Huber just agree with Damiani that Microsoft should drop the Xbone but then complain about how games run better on the Pro?

Szeth

I'm watching the podcast right now and the GwG vs PS+ discussion is a bit silly. Shouldn't they take into account the fact that three of GwG's four games were on PS+ years ago? Though Sleepy Dogs was the original, not the DE.

What? The whole point is deciding what service has the better free games for that particular month, why would previous months you can't get anymore matter?

What? The whole point is deciding what service has the better free games for that particular month, why would previous months you can't get anymore matter?

Really? It matters because if you already have those games from one service, the offerings from the other service look terrible.

wapplew

It's a silly little game, good for raising awareness to both service, I think that's the intent.

It's a silly little game, good for raising awareness to both service, I think that's the intent.

But for the purposes of a dumb game, it's just in isolation. No need to do research for something so silly.

Fair enough, I guess being described as "destroys" stuck out to me because I've already got all those games but was really happy to get Invisible Inc. That game has been on my wishlist ever since Austin Walker talked it up like crazy last year.

eFKac

All I can say is, since I've started a full time job, I have to pick and choose which streams I watched cause there just isn't enough time in a day.
You have grown a lot as a streamer and apart from maybe Kyle, you are my favourite from the allies. You are funny, and engage with the chat the most, so your streams are never boring.
Keep up the good work Ben.

Fair enough, I guess being described as "destroys" stuck out to me because I've already got all those games but was really happy to get Invisible Inc. That game has been on my wishlist ever since Austin Walker talked it up like crazy last year.

Fucking bought that game a while ago and have barely played it and now it's free. Figures.

It is pretty good from what I've played though.

You rock Ben! Loved meeting you at the Meet and Greet and I love Frame Trap. Btw, did Jones give you guys the patches? :D

El-Suave

The podcast is interesting so far with the PS4 Pro complaints. I'm glad I waited with my purchase because I really enjoy both FF XV and TLG on my old PS4. It just sucks that for some Allies going for the Pro at launch meant having to pass on PS VR for now.
Nioh is a bad example for games that bring the true PS4 Pro era upon us - a game that has proven twice to be super enjoyable on the old PS4 will be just that when it releases next year. Horizon might be a better candidate, but in general I think with the large PS4 install base Sony will ALWAYS be really careful about selling the Pro benefits and make sure the games are fine on the majority of their machines. MS on the other hand needs to be more bullish with Scorpio and really sell its power. I agree with Damiani on that we'll see the Xbox One brand phasing out eventually if they're successful with Scorpio.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

To be fair as someone that has over the years subscribed to ps+ for the games until the ps4 I think GwG has largely looked more competitive to me.
Like currently it just feels like Sony is easing up, cause they have the lead.
During 360 and PS3 days PS+ was crazy good stuff.

Axass

Tabletop was top notch this week and the battle has been managed in a way more interesting and fluid way than before.
Things are not looking good for Pomper, he could go the Law way anytime now.

Just remember that with the internet as always the negativity is louder even if it's generally outweighed by the positive ones.

For a whole bunch of us we're too busy being happy with the content you provide and sit by silently enjoying it instead. For me at the least you guys are a highlight of my week, especially Tabletop Escapades. I don't play games or watch tv on a wednesday evening, I tune in to watch Pomper continue to unintentionally assault Moof. I don't pop my head into the threads or engage on social media often to let you guys know how happy I am with the content purely because I'm too busy watching it all back and enjoying the good vibes!

Just saw the ending. Man I love Tabletop Escapades.
I think it's my favorite thing from EZA.

I really should go back to watch their old Gametrailers ones.

I started this just last night! It's actually weird going back what seems so far when Elyse was still with them. Makes me wish they still had her on the team.

Somnia

I'm the same way where I let things get under my skin when they shouldn't, just know you have way more fans than people who are negative. I never spend money on gaming websites (not even giantbomb) because I feel they make do by their Ads, etc. but I am a patreon and twitch subscriber to you guys because of you and everyone else. Keep up the good work man, you guys are easily the best in the business.

Maligna

Banned
I'm going crazy without more Brandon Sun, Kyle Moon!

When!? I need it in my veins. Don't Tell me I have to wait until after Christmas break for episode 3. :(

Vinc

Watching the latest podcast and got to the part where Kyle talks about Super Mario Run.

I need The Final Bosman back in my life. I need it really bad.

Maiar_m

Yay! Is it on a weekly schedule every Thursday, or just when they have the time?

I got the impression it'd be when they have time, especially since Brandon won't be playing anymore of it during the holiday break as he's not playing without the capturing device and will not be dragging it with him in Florida. Review + more BSKM probably won't be until mid to end of January, I guess?

Mista Koo

At the start when they said they should make up stuff that Kyle said, I immediately thought "they should just nominate a non-shooter game as best shooter" and of course when Kyle arrives he asks if Overwatch is a shooter (and later he dismisses that The Witness is a puzzle game)!

I like the fast and loose categories besides best multiplayer, since it was essentially the same as best shooter multiplayer. Also I feel like Let it Die only won because it's fresh in their minds.

Edit: Unrelated, but I got the podcast email (just the announcement) despite not being on the podcast tier. Is this a regular thing or a one off?

I got most triggered by Ian at the suggestion that TLG had corporate meddling. There nothing corporate about that game
Yeah, that really annoyed me too. If there were any "corporate meddling", it would've been cancelled a decade ago. Like I said before, it's really frustrating when some people have no interest in a discussion and are just making up their argument as they go.
Corporate meddling doesn't have to be as negative as you guys are making out to be, nor does it necessarily have to do with the game itself. It could be as simple as switching development from PS3 to PS4, I can easily imagine that the team would've preferred to pull a Persona 4 and release it on PS3 post-PS4 release.

Now for a biased argument since I picked The Witness for my GOTY (humor me for a bit). One could argue that The Last Guardian could use more time or extra polish, whether to fix something major like the frame rate or the camera; or something trivial like the button prompts or even explaining what midnight mode is. Another argument would be for how familiar we were with TLG as opposed to The Witness. It goes both ways but to spin it towards my side: TLG's multiple outings over time affected people's emotions towards the game and tampered with the worthiness of the wait.

As far as getting bummed out by the internet, I actually think I lot of it is on me. I just spend too much time focusing on it. It's okay if people don't like me and there's no reason to get angry about it or obsess over it. As another poster said, it's important to take all types of criticism under consideration, even the harsh stuff. I have pretty thin skin, but that's not a great excuse.
I dunno, I think it's important for content-creators and public personalities to distance themselves even for a bit from internet comments. Constructive feedback, and praise, are good but not when you have to muddle through trash or even get trash hurled at you while looking for it.
I say these things as someone whose posts started multiple conversations, whether intentionally or not, that didn't make you happy. I apologize, I bear no ill feelings, I'm just not filtering myself.

Edit: Unrelated, but I got the podcast email (just the announcement) despite not being on the podcast tier. Is this a regular thing or a one off?

If I had to guess, it could be that someone forgot to select the $5 tier when they made the post, then went back and fixed it.

Hasney

If I had to guess, it could be that someone forgot to select the $5 tier when they made the post, then went back and fixed it.

Not sure if something has changed. I'll see when a post above my tier comes up, but I used to get an email with the content of the posts I was eligible in so I would have the YouTube and SoundCloud links in it. The email for the Podcast was just a link to the Patreon post this time, so i don't know if we're just going to get emails for all posts and a link to them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom