• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

I work at home on a Wednesday, so I'd usually appreciate an early TTE, but we had a work lunch/night out so I won't get to it until tomorrow now!

cm osi

I work at home on a Wednesday, so I'd usually appreciate an early TTE, but we had a work lunch/night out so I won't get to it until tomorrow now!

same here. i'll have to skip tte, the podcast and Nier automata demo until tomorrow evening! kill me

I really hope you do give it a shot. Now that I've finished, I'm convinced it's one of the best.

Hi Ben, I was one of the guys that asked you about the next video from Japan on the Meet and Greet.

I was watching the 2nd episode of Tales from Japan last night with my wife and I just wanted to say I love you man, you're amazing.

And I totally agree with you, every EZA video should end with cats

Hi Ben, I was one of the guys that asked you about the next video from Japan on the Meet and Greet.

I was watching the 2nd episode of Tales from Japan last night with my wife and I just wanted to say I love you man, you're amazing.

And I totally agree with you, every EZA video should end with cats

Thanks Breveglieri! L&R :D

Axass

Such a good TTE episode! Ben is at the top of his game, love he kept secrets from the players and
the death of Moof
. Everything has been handled so well, and the group's RP is strong. Can't wait for next week!

[...] the mind flare's hands [...] the mind flare is prone [...]

1427222820838030.png

[...] a Mind Flair [...] if the Mind Flair wants [...]

300x300.jpg

Mind Flayer:

latest

Most badass creature in DnD. Look at those meaty tentacles searching for brains!

Mind Flayer having a banquet:

49107.jpg~original

By the way, they hate being called Mind Flayers, they refer to themselves as Illithids, and in standard DnD they (rightfully) think to be the dominant species of the Multiverse.

Bonus (spoilers for the episode):

MInd Flayer when he gets to old "uncaring-for-Moof" Yogalla:

WarRock

i'm happy you mentioned in the last frametrap that Cold Steel has an amazing soundtrack because Falcom Sound Team JDK (both old and new teams) are amazing. i know you like metal, i dunno if you like the "power" kind of metal, but the Ys serie have amazing intros
and this video here
made from the best opening ever

another developer with amazing composer is Gust
I want a show with a collaboration between the Falcom Sound Team and Zuntata )=

Kneefoil

Such a good TTE episode! Ben is at the top of his game, love he kept secrets from the players and
the death of Moof
. Everything has been handled so well, and the group's RP is strong. Can't wait for next week!

Mind Flayer:

Mind Flayer having a banquet:

Bonus (spoilers for the episode):

MInd Flayer when he gets to old "uncaring-for-Moof" Yogalla:
Hah, I kept hearing them call it a Mind Flare as well. Wasn't sure what the 'Flare' part was supposed to mean relating to the creatures, but Flayer makes a lot of sense.

Somnia

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do from Jan-April game wise right now. There are so many games coming out on PS4 that I want, but I haven't even finished FFXV yet, let alone Watch Dogs 2, Mafia 3, Last Guardian and some indie games. Work has been killing me and now an onslaught of titles are about to hit :(

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
My current 2017 game calendar(well as far as wishful thinking is concerned) with the super optimistic estimate of 1 game per month :-x.

January: Yakuza 0
February: Nioh
March: Torment Tides of Numenera(I mean I kickstarted it so I should play it xD)
April: Yooka Laylee
May: Gravity Rush 2
June: Dangan Ronpa V3
July: Tales of Berseria
August: Horizon 0 Dawn

And then it gets hard to have a game for the remaining months because so many release dates aren't set yet + possible delays but ideally(+ count on me throwing something out if I can afford a switch for Zelda):

Yakuza Kiwami, Ni no Kuni 2, Sen no Kiseki III(trails), DQXI.

I am die.... curious to see if other allies have made plans that way :-x

Also about backlogs.... I feel like we should introduce the term "game graveyard" feels more accurate xD.
I'm never ever getting to DQ7....

Between the mind flayer, the freaky woods, and
the woman holding an invisible baby that keeps crying until it stops
, I wonder if Ben has played Bloodborne recently.

Hasney

I've searched for Yakuza for friends so much and because Wiki says it's out in March (Japanese release) I accepted that. Now remebering it's Januray, I'm all giddy.

Also, Giants fans are awful at real D&D.

ShadyK54

Been catching up on the last couple of videos. TTE has been on a roll lately, it's so good!
RIP Moof..

Also, hooray for monthly anime podcast!

Burt

TTE was so, so good.

Not gonna lie, all L&R podcast is pretty, pretty gud. If there's an argument for them needing a studio, I mean, it's Trailerscore/movie spoilercasts... but being able to do stuff like this on a regular basis would be pretty awesome too.

Karu

Can't wait to get home to start loading he Nier Demo from jp psn. Making a japanese account is as easy as any other country, right?

He never knew
Crash Bandicoot was in Uncharted 4?

How on earth is that possible? After all this time, and the fact that he works in gaming? I had that shit spoilt for me before the game was even released somehow.

Good on him.

Jeiiya

Honestly, I kind of wish they did like DAILY podcasts... I love listening to these guys talk! Especially Ben Moore. LOVE HIM. Basically, I just want more Ben Moore talking about stuff, doing stuff, and Moore stuff. I don't know if there was a point to this. Whatever, Ben Moore you're doing amazing work.

This week's TTE took an unexpected dark turn.
I really hope there's a way to bring Moof back. They should return to the ziggurat and trade him in for an alternate-dimension one if Moof was still under warranty.

Karu

I really hope there's a way to bring Moof back. They should return to the ziggurat and trade him in for an alternate-dimension one if Moof was still under warranty.
Let him be dead. Wait for two others or so to die and make a Afterlife-team episode led by Law.

UrbanRats

No, consequences are good.
If anyone that dies can just come back 5 minutes later, the stakes are going to feel super low.
Ben is handling it well so far, having Law and now Moof die, were good choices, makes everything feel more dramatic.
Especially since Moof is a side character, not exactly super pivotal to the story itself, but great for Pomper's future development.

sora87

Speaking of christmas traditions, mine is I play Christmas Nights Into Dreams every christmas morning. It's gotta be done, start the day of right!

Dude what the hell. you just did it here. We have spoiler tags for a reason. Use them

Yea I saw that. Made me smile.

Oh, shit. Yeah! I'm an idiot. I'll edit my post now. Those who quoted, delete that shit!

Sorry everyone. I hope I haven't ruined it for anyone.

Sorry, Roberto Larcos! (That's a PES name if ever I've heard one.)

Karu

Started playing Mad Max solely for the aesthetics, but maaaan...

In one of the very early quests I am supposed to go to a fortress and destroy ten cannisters there to reduce the threat in the area, but it's such a slog. And why ten? Give me a bunch of dudes to beat up and then let me make one huge explosion in the end. Nah, gotta be ten. #fun.

Quest after that? Collect around 600 scrap to upgrade several parts of your car. How many do I have? 25. Got you, even more fun. #fun

I always like looking for the fun in these kind of games. I mentioned over and over again that I love Watch_Dogs unironically, but geez, this is just trash.Might just drive around with my cars for a few hours and delete the game after that. Not worth it.

In one of the very early quests I am supposed to go to a fortress and destroy ten cannisters there to reduce the threat in the area, but it's such a slog. And why ten? Give me a bunch of dudes to beat up and then let me make one huge explosion in the end. Nah, gotta be ten. #fun.

Quest after that? Collect around 600 scrap to upgrade several parts of your car. How many do I have? 25. Got you, even more fun. #fun

I always like looking for the fun in these kind of games. I mentioned over and over again that I love Watch_Dogs unironically, but geez, this is just trash.Might just drive around with my cars for a few hours and delete the game after that. Not worth it.

Mad Max is a great looking game, with really nice visuals and an art style ripped straight out of Fury Road. It also runs fantastic on PC.

But it's also the poster child for generic open world gameplay design. It simply ticks all the boxes and does absolutely nothing new with them. Towers, collectibles, outposts. It's all the same. Once you did the first area, you've seen all the game has to offer and it's a shame.

If you want a great open-world driving game, Forza Horizon 3. Pretty much anything else will manage to disappoint you in some way, but that game is damn near flawless.

And no worries, DDH. It's not a major plot thing, so I'll survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom