• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

I've been playing since the originals and Sun is the first game in the series to give me a problem. Some of the totem pokemon and story fights have kicked my butt hard even with exp-share switched on, though admittedly I don't grind at all. It does seem to be polarising though, some people have breezed through the game and others have struggled.
Same here.
It's easy as a game, but difficult as a Pokemon game.

sora87

Glad to have group streams back in my life, even if I don't really enjoy watching VR stuff. Also more Don's Discount Gaming? 2017 off to a glorious start.

Speaking of which, please tell me Huber and Brad are watching Wrestle Kingdom. I'm a lapsed wrestling fan but that's the one show I make sure to watch every year.

Don't think they're into NJPW sadly :/

Man, I only just got round to watching the last tabletop since I was watching the old GT counterpart. Kyle slayed me at the end. I was trying my best not to wake up my sleeping OH but damn, he caught me off guard something fierce.

Can't wait for the next one!

Kneefoil

They almost put Monopoly on the last group stream vote? Darn.

Monopoly needs to be in the eventual 1 year anniversary stream though.

Mista Koo

Shout out to gulf allies. Don totally butchered the pronunciation of Bahrain lol.

I wanted to make fan art of the allies as Jojo characters for so long but my art skills and laziness get in the way. I found perfect characters for 7 of them.

B-B-Brad-kun! :O
Not sure how I feel about this ship.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
When is the Yakuza 0 embargo lifting? I need to vicariously live my gaming life through EZA again soon until my exams are over :-x

Alucrid

Banned
watching the tuesday night stream and i really hope they can improve the camera and audio quality for live streams in 2017

ShaithEatery

Neo Member
Just got off the phone with an email support guy that sounded exactly like Ben, was quite a trip lol.

Can't wait to listen to Tabletop Escapades after work (listen to it during my commute, makes me laugh way harder than sitting in traffic should allow), just wanted to thank EZA for all the content :D

Mista Koo

watching the tuesday night stream and i really hope they can improve the camera and audio quality for live streams in 2017
I think the audio got better the last time when they used two mics. They just couldn't do that with VR.

I just want them to not use the table the mic is on. My ears cry every time they slap something on the table next to the mic.

sinxtanx

TTE 39

Edge of my seat over here.

That last scene was so perfect it was almost scripted. Yogalla telling Pomper to put Moof in the bag, Pomper taking the bag and getting pulled away with it which will naturally force Yogalla and Necator to go after him due to the gold held within?

Ben ain't done with that cave.

Axass

Tabletop Escapades was sick. Their RP is getting better and better, the "heroes" are getting to know each other more and the adventure is moving forward. What else can you wish for?
Ben surprising the group with stuff happened episodes ago felt good, the "phantom steed" bit was hilarious, the cave and bag stuff rather creepy. Love it.

I just finished watching TTA a few days ago and I must say that Escapades is so much better. Adventures had its moments, but the weird setting, crazy stupid stuff Pervince and Hogger kept doing and constant fighting brought it down. Escapades is still fun, crazy at times, but much more grounded and coherent. Props to everyone for the great job.

didn't they get a new camera not long ago?

Yeah video is kinda bad quality. I remember quite a while back in one of the streams they said they had a new camera and the following video that I guess was using it seemed to be extremely blurry, worse than usual. It seemed like they went back to the camera they had before then and have stuck with it since. This is just me trying to guess though, I'm sure one of the Allies will probably give an update on what's going down in 2017 for their video quality.

I'd imagine they're at least already aware that it's not as good as it could be. However they've mentioned many a time before, that they don't have a dedicated A/V guy though, so that's probably a factor too.

TTE 39

Edge of my seat over here.

That last scene was so perfect it was almost scripted. Yogalla telling Pomper to put Moof in the bag, Pomper taking the bag and getting pulled away with it which will naturally force Yogalla and Necator to go after him due to the gold held within?

Ben ain't done with that cave.
I was thinking the same thing. It worked out perfectly

MrMette

Yeah, it's always out of focus.

It's not, it is either out of focus on the sides (which does indeed looks like it is out of focus) or sometimes it is in focus on one side and the other side if out of focus (eg. in the podcast). I think it just can't focus on the whole "scene" at once.

As far as I understand it, they bought a (good) webcam, but I am a bit afraid that it just can't handle this large of a group. I think it just is unable to get this big of a place in focus at once as it is manufactured for use at a PC, much closer to the people it needs to focus on (where I am sure it will have a sharp/good quality image).

That said, it is possible there are ways to improve the way it focusses or something (I am not that big of an expert as far as camera's and webcams go).

But yeah, I do agree it is very noticable.
However, I don't think they can fix it completely with this camera unfortunately (I hope I am wrong). I am sure they are doing everything they can to get as much into focus as possible.

Glad to see Don getting much needed L&R on the group stream. Can't wait to see more DDG.
As for the camera, I was watching the stream on my tv and it looks like it's on some fish-eye mode. The center is focused, but everything else around it looks blurry.

Somnia

I hope I haven't missed much, been really busy with work and haven't been paying attention. I saw the $$ drop well below 40k :(

luchadork

all their shit is out of focus. i wonder if its a hangover from their old media roots? has to be intentional. huber hype is always blurry with the bookshelf razor sharp.

God the last TTE worked out so perfectly. Lots of adorable RP moments,
like Therese wanting to learn about Trancing to escape the nightmares, Pomper's gratitude towards Yogalla, quickly trying to hide the subject of the baby, etc. Then the combination of the bag's secret secondary function, and the pragmatic need to stuff Moof inside, was brilliant. That whole sequence makes me wish I watched the episode, since I just know visibly died a little when the group suggested the idea. Lots of laughs, throw-backs, and teasers for things to come (and to be forgotten. Bring back the grain!)
Too many moments to list really.

TTE is my favourite anime.

Hasney

My favourite moment in that episode has to be
Ben: "You hear the sound of breaking glass" Brad/Huber: "STONE COLD?!"

Axass

It's not, it is either out of focus on the sides (which does indeed looks like it is out of focus) or sometimes it is in focus on one side and the other side if out of focus (eg. in the podcast). I think it just can't focus on the whole "scene" at once.

As far as I understand it, they bought a (good) webcam, but I am a bit afraid that it just can't handle this large of a group. I think it just is unable to get this big of a place in focus at once as it is manufactured for use at a PC, much closer to the people it needs to focus on (where I am sure it will have a sharp/good quality image).

That said, it is possible there are ways to improve the way it focusses or something (I am not that big of an expert as far as camera's and webcams go).

But yeah, I do agree it is very noticable.
However, I don't think they can fix it completely with this camera unfortunately (I hope I am wrong). I am sure they are doing everything they can to get as much into focus as possible.

That's what I meant, I'll rephrase it: the whole group is never completely focused.

MrMette

That's what I meant, I'll rephrase it: the whole group is never completely focused.

Yeah, I was a bit too strong with saying that it wasn't out of focus as it is. It's just that I don't think it is possible with this camera to get the whole group into focus and you can see they do focus the camera, it just not aimed to get this big of a "picture" into focus.

I don't know the correct lingo, but the lens should have a "broader picture focus", which a webcam is not good in as it is usually not meant to be used like this.

A DSLR with a decent lens should do a much better job, but I don't know if it is easy or even possible to use that for live streams. I know there are plenty of youtubers who use a DSLR, but I don't know if they do for livestreams (like I said, I am certainly not an expert).
It also is a lot more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom