• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he was quoting someone who said that on their forum, he's going on slowly to keep the pace for his show with brandon

Aaah, that makes more sense. Kyle is a veteran. Thought it a little odd he would find it challenging whilst I'm here, not knowing if water is strong against ground or ice or whatever the fuck, breezing through it.

Maiar_m

Aaah, that makes more sense. Kyle is a veteran. Thought it a little odd he would find it challenging whilst I'm here, not knowing if water is strong against ground or ice or whatever the fuck, breezing through it.

Did you have XP-All turned on or off? Did you grind? These make a significant change in term of difficulty. I didn't lose a battle until I got to the post game, mainly because I had a very strong team with high levels thanks to XP-All and some grinding. My girlfriend played very casually and never tried to over-level plus she changed her team quite a lot and she's having major issues with the final fights.

Fortunately, they have a ton of room to grow on the Youtube side of things. Would love to see them spending some resources this year trying out a bunch of different stuff to see what sticks. They would benefit tremendously from finding some sort of weekly show that could hit a large audience like The Jimquisition -- except, less gross adjectives and more Easy Allies.

There's definitely a Final Bosman shaped hole in their offerings but I think more than anything they lack content that actually focus on current events. Kyle's podcast is meant to focus on this but as the only EZA news focused feature and squeezed into 90 minutes to share with multiple other segments it feels like gaming's events are usually just glanced over rather than discussed in detail.
They need something more in depth for musings and opinion on the big story of the week, the kind of anchor show that the Final Bosman was for gametrailers. If Kyle isn't going to offer that anymore I'd love to see someone like Damiani or Ben (or both) doing so.
A 10 minute researched rant or conversation about a high interest current topic every week would do so much for the channel in terms of views. They're easy to watch, easy to share and approachable for new people to dip into.

Ryuuga

Banned
Are they or have they done their "Games that might suck list" for 2017? They nailed most of thier 2016 list

10. Star Fox Zero
9. Quantum Break
8. Mighty No. 9
7. The Division
6. Hitman
5. No Man's Sky
4. Star Citizen
3. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
2. Mafia III
1. Battleborn

Are they or have they done their "Games that might suck list" for 2017? They nailed most of thier 2016 list

They did a game on the podcast a while ago about pop tarts and toaster strudels that was kinda about picking what games they thought might bomb.

I can't recall if they were 2017 games or not.

They did a game on the podcast a while ago about pop tarts and toaster strudels that was kinda about picking what games they thought might bomb.

I can't recall if they were 2017 games or not.

Yeah, I think it was on Frame Trap, Ian said Horizon: Zero Dawn , I remember because at first I was like "What the fuck?" , but after he explained I ended up agreeing with him.

Gigarator

I could have sworn Bosman said on either the Podcast or Frametrap that Pokemon Sun and/or Moon gets difficult and you will lose battles.

I finished the main story yesterday and did not lose a single fight. Not one. And this was my first ever Pokemon game (thanks mainly to Brandon plays Pokemon).

Really enjoyed my time playing it, but it did seem far too easy.

I've been playing since the originals and Sun is the first game in the series to give me a problem. Some of the totem pokemon and story fights have kicked my butt hard even with exp-share switched on, though admittedly I don't grind at all. It does seem to be polarising though, some people have breezed through the game and others have struggled.

i'm not interested in horizon so i don't really get it, why this thower thing killed the hype?
Ppl saw the hacking towers thing to show points on the map and linked it to ubisoft(like ubisoft are the only ones to do this) and after that it was horizon will flop. Hype is still strong tho from what I seen

Gigarator

My personal reservation with Horizon is that it's being made by Guerrilla, a studio unproven in anything other than the FPS genre. Even then I never rated Killzone games as anything more than solid 7/10's so I remain sceptical until the reviews come in.

It wont be.

Just like FF XV wasn't worth it, and MGSV wasn't worth it. Open world comes at a cost, and that is always story.
In Zelda's defense, those other two games are trying to tell a linear story. Not "hey there's evil in the land, go clear it out"

The flipside is that it can easily become an unfocused checklist

I think Zelda has some really interesting systems that they're using to "mix up" the series but I can't say I'm really all that interested in it.

Karu

It wont be.

Just like FF XV wasn't worth it, and MGSV wasn't worth it. Open world comes at a cost, and that is always story.
Yeah, it comes at the cost of Zelda's brilliant storytelling... oh wait. ;-)
I don't think it will be a problem in that sense. Maybe in others, but i am not to familiar with the current 3D Zelda pacing and flow as to comment on it properly.

Aw yea! after 56 hours I've completed Tails in the Sky. Excellent game. It's the characters and dialogue between them that just makes this game. Especially Estelle. She's amazing. And what an ending. I had to go back to work today so last night I was convened I was near the end but I really misjudged that last chapter length. I beat the last boss at 4:30am! Got 2 hours of sleep and went to work for 8 hours :/ got home tonight finished the ending game and wow I can see now why people were so torn up about the uncertainty and wait. It was partly why I held off in the first place when I first picked it up years ago.

I'll take a little break with all these big Q1 games but Now I've got to find time to play the Second chapter this year (which I also own). The...it'll be time to jump into the cold steel series

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Aw yea! after 56 hours I've completed Tails in the Sky. Excellent game. It's the characters and dialogue between them that just makes this game. Especially Estelle. She's amazing. And what an ending. I had to go back to work today so last night I was convened I was near the end but I really misjudged that last chapter length. I beat the last boss at 4:30am! Got 2 hours of sleep and went to work for 8 hours :/ got home tonight finished the ending game and wow I can see now why people were so torn up about the uncertainty and wait. It was partly why I held off in the first place when I first picked it up years ago.

I'll take a little break with all these big Q1 games but Now I've got to find time to play the Seond chapter this year (which I also own). The...it'll be time to jump into the cold steel series

Congrats on beating it!
You're in for a ride with SC. Estelle is honestly one of the best characters of recent years. Not sure how crazy you went on talking to npcs and reading the ingame books but there's a lot of worthwhile information in those games to appreciate stuff that gets picked up in the later games. I'm like at the point where I hope to find some time to replay those games again and check more for all the stuff I missed with my current knowledge.

Making my way through Zero currently and that game is like a taste of the fulfillment of the promise of payoff, of the likes only series that are connected in this way can deliver. Which is somewhat surprising to me but Falcom weren't lying when they said that the Cold Steel games are a good point to start fresh as those games are a bit more removed from the series, holding back the fan service tie ins.
That said that from all we know it seems Cold Steel III is going to change that.

Congrats on beating it!
You're in for a ride with SC. Estelle is honestly one of the best characters of recent years. Not sure how crazy you went on talking to npcs and reading the ingame books but there's a lot of worthwhile information in those games to appreciate stuff that gets picked up in the later games. I'm like at the point where I hope to find some time to replay those games again and check more for all the stuff I missed with my current knowledge.

Making my way through Zero currently and that game is like a taste of the fulfillment of the promise of payoff, of the likes only series that are connected in this way can deliver.
I talked to a decent amount but didn't dive into the books. One other thing I'd like to point out was how much world/character building is in this game. I can't recall seeing it done this much or well since Xenogears (my favorite JRPG). And they respected the player with the story. I was able to predict a good portion of the reveals (not all) because they'd drop hints 5-10 hours prior, not acknowledge it much then but if you payed attention they let you piece it together. And they wouldn't do things absurd either in reveals or character behavior just to do something shocking or to try and milk drama. It all was well earned, great character progression and characters reacted to situations in reasonable ways. Which isn't always the case for JRPGS

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I talked to a decent amount but didn't dive into the books. One other thing I'd like to point out was how much world/character building is in this game. I can't recall seeing it done this much or well since Xenogears (my favorite JRPG). And they respected the player with the story. I was able to predict a good portion of the reveals (not all) because they'd drop hints 5-10 hours prior, not acknowledge it much then but if you payed attention they let you piece it together. And they wouldn't do things absurd either in reveals or character behavior just to do something shocking or to try and milk drama. It all was well earned, great character progression and characters reacted to situations in reasonable ways. Which isn't always the case for JRPGS

Yeah you nailed. Trails is a series that kind of wants to reward players for how much they invest but at the same time also maintains a good balance of not making players feel like they missed out on things if they decide to not dig as deep, it still remains a rewarding experience.
And yeah honestly I have a hard time thinking of any JRPGs of the last 5 or so years that match Trails in word building, it really has become quite a rare thing within JRPGs.

WarRock

Man, I'll start playing Trails at some point in 2017. Why Falcom has to be so good aaaaaa

(I'm currently going through Grandia for the first time and having the time of my life.)

I missed the stream earlier, so I'm trying to get it in before Wrestle Kingdom 11 starts.

Speaking of which, please tell me Huber and Brad are watching Wrestle Kingdom. I'm a lapsed wrestling fan but that's the one show I make sure to watch every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom