• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

cdyhybrid

DDIMHbT.jpg

Hmm, why's Hardwell at A State of Trance? Maybe Tiesto's protege will bring him back to his roots :p

mr stroke

DDIMHbT.jpg

Hmm, why's Hardwell at A State of Trance? Maybe Tiesto's protege will bring him back to his roots :p

One could only wish, but I doubt it, since a lot of those ASOT DJ's are currently playing a ton of trouse :\

I wish Tiesto would go back to his old sound-

God Tier Tiesto-

eNo20Sp.jpg

jFnkjGR.jpg

tDEgN2H.jpg

Aomber

Lol. We're talking about our Vegas trip and I posted all the events going on that week. My buddy replies:

We will have a disagreement where to go lol. Friday we're already discussing either Calvin Harris or David Guetta. Saturday we've decided Avicii

nope nope nope nope nope

cdyhybrid

Haha yeah I know, I'm just saying he's doing really well with what he's doing so I don't really see him going to trance any time soon.

We're going from March 11 - 16.

Hmm. I actually don't mind Calvin Harris, but Hakkasan probably isn't as enjoyable as it could be unless you're getting a table. The dance floor is sooooooo small. I'd probably go with Dillon Francis or Gareth Emery that night, but that's just me.

Saturday I'd probably go with Tiesto (but again, Hakkasan =\) or Diplo.

Aomber

Hmm. I actually don't mind Calvin Harris, but Hakkasan probably isn't as enjoyable as it could be unless you're getting a table. The dance floor is sooooooo small. I'd probably go with Dillon Francis or Gareth Emery that night, but that's just me.

Saturday I'd probably go with Tiesto (but again, Hakkasan =\) or Diplo.

Yeah we agreed to see Calvin Harris since he actually puts on a solid set, saw him at TomorrowWorld before and he rocked the crowd. Not paying 60 bucks to see David Guetta though hahahaha. What's up with Hakkasan though?

And yeah me and my buddy are probably gonna go to Diplo while our other friends go to Avicii

cdyhybrid

Yeah we agreed to see Calvin Harris since he actually puts on a solid set, saw him at TomorrowWorld before and he rocked the crowd. Not paying 60 bucks to see David Guetta though hahahaha. What's up with Hakkasan though?

And yeah me and my buddy are probably gonna go to Diplo while our other friends go to Avicii

Hakkasan is nice, but it's pretty clearly designed for people who are getting tables/bottle service. The dance floor is tiny and uncomfortably packed. When I went I just hung by the bar because I could actually breathe back there.

Aomber

Hakkasan is nice, but it's pretty clearly designed for people who are getting tables/bottle service. The dance floor is tiny and uncomfortably packed. When I went I just hung by the bar because I could actually breathe back there.

Damn that sucks, interesting, doesn't appear to be that way from the pictures but I guess pics are deceiving huh? Hahaha

cdyhybrid

Damn that sucks, interesting, doesn't appear to be that way from the pictures but I guess pics are deceiving huh? Hahaha

I mean, I've only been once, so I might be missing something, but it was definitely like that when I was there. I still had a good time, though.

Aomber

I mean, I've only been once, so I might be missing something, but it was definitely like that when I was there. I still had a good time, though.

Nah I looked into it, seems to be that the general consensus is it's way too packed. That doesn't sound fun.

Ugh I'm gonna have such a hard time convincing the group to go to anyone other than the SUPER mainstream DJs because they don't know any better lol - asides from my one buddy.

Aomber

mr stroke

Haha yeah I know, I'm just saying he's doing really well with what he's doing so I don't really see him going to trance any time soon.

We're going from March 11 - 16.

Sander Van Doorn at Marquee?

I don't blame you for skipping Guetta or Avicii, even if you are into there sound, they are poor DJ's.(though the top 40 Vegas crowd eats them up)

Aomber

Sander Van Doorn at Marquee?

I don't blame you for skipping Guetta or Avicii, even if you are into there sound, they are poor DJ's.(though the top 40 Vegas crowd eats them up)
That would be fun, though my friend is particularly keen on Diplo. I'm trying to make him more open minded heh, I love Diplo and all too but he's a bit narrow minded

Yeah I agree. I tried explaining this to my friends but they don't really understand. To be honest it's more the chicks in our vegas crew who want to go to Avicii.

Aomber

And my buddy just blew off a free flight and free accommodation at The Mirage in Las Vegas because he said he couldn't afford the expenses of the clubs, drinks, etc. Said he had a lot of bills to pay off.

Or maybe - JUST MAYBE - he could have afforded it, if he didn't do the following:

- Bought a $700 RMX-1000, an addition to his 6 grand CDJs (which he couldn't afford either)
- Went to Boston 7 weekends in a row. $120 round trip for gas each time.
- Had a $125 bar tab for ONE NIGHT in Boston

Dude's a complete idiot. I got back all my points and shit, that's not the problem. He's just a moron. Missing out on seeing the biggest names at the biggest clubs and he's very into EDM. I feel bad for him, he has NO CLUE how to manage his money. I'm still going with my other friends but what the fuck. TWO GOD DAMN WEEKS before we go.

Semi related to this thread and I needed some place to vent.

I have to decide between seeing M Machine or Myon & Shane tomorrow night.

God, life in New York is so hard.

Who did you end up seeing? That'd be a tough decision for me. I'd probably have leaned towards the M Machine personally, but I feel like you've said you've seen them before

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Who did you end up seeing? That'd be a tough decision for me. I'd probably have leaned towards the M Machine personally, but I feel like you've said you've seen them before

Neither. My girlfriend broke up with me Saturday night so as you can imagine I was in no mood to go out.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to hear that dude, but maybe going to a show this weekend would help? Music made me feel so much better when my girl left me last year

Yeah I'm going to a Max Graham show this coming weekend, so hopefully that will take my mind off things.

The thing was she called me on Saturday and told me how she was feeling, and she was going to come into town the next day to talk to me in person and settle everything. I spent most of Saturday trying to figure out what to say to her so I didn't feel like I would enjoy going out.

I hate how the Pryda arena is always on the Saturday, the past two years it's always clashed with the Size Matters arena. I love my Eric Prydz but I need my fix of Steve Angello. Oh well fours in a row it is for me, cant wait!

L1NETT

I hate how the Pryda arena is always on the Saturday, the past two years it's always clashed with the Size Matters arena. I love my Eric Prydz but I need my fix of Steve Angello. Oh well fours in a row it is for me, cant wait!

First year for me, looking forward to it a bunch :) Missed Porter last year though

Oh and Aomber You ready to Quack?

April 15th :)

01 Chariots of the Gods [ft. Rockets]
02 Charlie Chazz & Rappin Ralph
03 It’s You
04 Goody Two Shoes
05 Radio Stereo
06 aNYway
07 NRG
08 Everyone [ft. Teddy Toothpick]
09 Ring Me
10 Barbra Streisand
11 Spandex
12 Time Waits for No-One

Aomber

First year for me, looking forward to it a bunch :) Missed Porter last year though

Oh and Aomber You ready to Quack?

April 15th :)

01 Chariots of the Gods [ft. Rockets]
02 Charlie Chazz & Rappin Ralph
03 It’s You
04 Goody Two Shoes
05 Radio Stereo
06 aNYway
07 NRG
08 Everyone [ft. Teddy Toothpick]
09 Ring Me
10 Barbra Streisand
11 Spandex
12 Time Waits for No-One

Hahaha I loved that teaser. Ahhh I'm excited though gonna be so good!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Saw W&W with Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano last night. They freaking destroyed. The energy felt was deliciously insane.

Aomber

Yeah that porter track is ridiculous. So different to anything he's done, absolutely brilliant.

That being said, I'm a bit disappointed he's stepping away from EDM. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the track and I'm sure the rest of the album is amazing too... I'm just not sure he's gonna do anything related to that again from the way he talked about the album on Twitter

EDIT: Wanted to add, I wouldn't be surprised if he does a movie score in the future.

L1NETT

Yeah that porter track is ridiculous. So different to anything he's done, absolutely brilliant.

That being said, I'm a bit disappointed he's stepping away from EDM. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the track and I'm sure the rest of the album is amazing too... I'm just not sure he's gonna do anything related to that again from the way he talked about the album on Twitter

EDIT: Wanted to add, I wouldn't be surprised if he does a movie score in the future.

He mentioned a while back (cba to pull up the twitter link) he's still doing live shows but they are gonna be.....different. I think. Or he might do a side tour

--

Loving this track: Galantis-You

And this: Madd Hatter - Suddenly I'm Lifted

mr stroke

edm gaf needs to give the new Katy B a listen

vPfxyQQ.png

So many good deep techy tracks+some dub and EDM poppy stuff

One of the few artists that can fuse dance music with pop with out being overly cheesy

Aomber

Hoping the Vegas EDC has the same artists+ a ton more. Not bad for NYC, though I wish Insomniac would diversify the line up a tad its still solid none the less.

Vegas will definitely have a lot more artists and likely the same ones.

I'm going to Mysteryland myself, first festival since 1969 on the original woodstock grounds. So pumped, kaskade headlining is sick.

Top Bottom