• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

L1NETT

New Nero is a bit flat.

Not terrible but even the best tracks don't come close to anything from Welcome Reality. Vocals become stale further through the album and would have preferred some more instrumental heavy tracks. Also lacks the hard hitting punch of earlier material. Don't mind their synth-pop stuff, but it's not calling out for a repeat listen.

mr stroke

New Nero is a bit flat.

Not terrible but even the best tracks don't come close to anything from Welcome Reality. Vocals become stale further through the album and would have preferred some more instrumental heavy tracks. Also lacks the hard hitting punch of earlier material. Don't mind their synth-pop stuff, but it's not calling out for a repeat listen.

Whole album is average, nothting amazing. BUT "Satisfy" is so fucking sick I can't contain myself. Absolute banger.

mr stroke

What's a good big festival to go to if I've never been to one? EDC, Ultra, Tomorrowworld/land, or Electric Zoo? My friends and I are deciding to go to one for our first time next year.

If only the Twin Cities had a bigger EDM scene we would get more mini EDM events here :( or I just haven't looked hard enough.

Coachella>All

Aomber

Yeah not a fan at all of the Nero album, then again I've never been a huge fan of Nero. I think one issue I have is the way the producers choose to mix the girl's vocals – they have this huge reverb & delay effect all the time and it sounds really "fake" and robotic in a way I can't put my finger on. Satisfy is great though, will say that.

Funny though, a remix they did of their own song is the best thing to come out of the album (for me anyway)

https://soundcloud.com/nero/two-minds-nero-92-minds-remix

EDIT: Also I was completely unaware of this but Major Lazer made a music video for "Powerful". Probably my favorite song of all time from them :D

Major Lazer - Powerful (feat. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley) (Official Music Video)

L1NETT

their album might be a bit boring but christ their essential mix from last night is astonishingly good. mix of the year hands down

https://www.mixcloud.com/edmninja/nero-essential-mix-12-sep-2015/

Tracklist

Kenn Kato - Windows Startup & Shutdown Music (800% Slower) 

Björk - Virus (Hudson Mohawke Peaches & Guacamol Remix) 

Radiohead - Everything In It's Right Place (Andi Muller Looong Mix) 

Jon Hopkins - Collider [DOMINO]

UNKLE feat. Ian Brown - Be There [Mo Wax]

Leftfield - Afrika Shox [HARD HANDS]

Jamie XX - Gosh [YOUNG TURKS]

Underworld - 2 Months Off [JUNIOR BOY'S OWN]

Fuck Buttons - Surf Solar 

Underworld - Rez [JUNIOR BOY'S OWN]

Portishead - The Rip (Datassette Remix) [ISLAND (UNIVERSAL)]

Photek - Aleph 1 [SCIENCE (VIRGIN)]

Björk - All Is Full Of Love (Chris.SU Remix) [FREE]

D.Kay & Rawfull - There 4 U [FREAK]

Goldie - Inner City Life [FFRR (PARLOPHONE)]

Wendy Carlos - Title Music To A Clockwork Orange (Nero Refix) 

Visage - Fade To Grey [POLYDOR]

The Human League - Being Boiled [EMI]

Yazoo - Don't Go 

Depeche Mode - Everything Counts 

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (New York Mix) 

Kraftwerk - The Man Machine 

Kris Menace feat. Black Hills - Waiting For You (Oliver Remix) [COMPUPHONIC]

Nero - Into The Past (Reboot) [INTERSCOPE]

The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows (Leftside Wobble Edit) [PARLOPHONE

Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke (Afro-acid Remix) [POLYDOR]

Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl (Nero Rework) 

The Chemical Brothers - Electronic Battle Weapon 11: Sometimes I Feel So Deserted 
Eats Everything feat. Tiga & Audion - Dancing (Again!) [METHOD WHITE]
w/
Daft Punk - Rollin' & Scratchin' [VIRGIN EMI (UNIVERSAL)]

Gesaffelstein - Variations [TURBO]

Nero - Satisfy [MTA]

Nero - Into The Night [MTA]
speeeedy (5.4k)
Nero - Two Minds [MTA]

Nero - Two Minds (Nero '92 Minds Remix) [MTA]

David Zowie - House Every Weekend (Nero Remix) [POSITIVA]

AMTRAC - Those Days [TOOLROOM]

Disclosure feat. Gregory Porter - Holding On [ISLAND (UNIVERSAL)]

MJ Cole - Sincere [ISLAND (UNIVERSAL)]

Nero - Promises [MTA]

Phoenix - 1901 

L1NETT

ZHU's new song comes out on Wednesday, can hear a slice of it here. Called Automatic feat AlunaGeorge

His album/project thing Genesis Series will also feature collabs with Skrillex, A-Trak, Bone Thugs N Harmony and more

Should be rad, Zhu is proper talented.

mYm|17|

Just saw Madeon here in Seattle at the Neptune and OMG, that was probably the most fun I've had at a concert. This was also my first EDM concert btw and I'm hooked.

Also, people who can't handle the drugs that they are taking, shouldn't be using them.

cFzZBA5.jpg

cdyhybrid

Just saw Madeon here in Seattle at the Neptune and OMG, that was probably the most fun I've had at a concert. This was also my first EDM concert btw and I'm hooked.

Also, people who can't handle the drugs that they are taking, shouldn't be using them.

http://i.imgur.com/cFzZBA5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need to come to Freaknight :P

Agreed on people not being able to handle their shit. They ruin it for everyone else.

Aomber

So Disclosure posted a little Minimix of their album with some clips of each song.

I already have some solid impressions based on this mini mix in combination with the full songs I've heard, but I'm not gonna say anything decisive until I hear the full thing :p. Let's just say I have some minor concerns, but still love what I'm hearing, been playing Jaded over and over. Curious what you guys think so far.

Disclosure - Caracal Minimix

What a fantastic collab

Aomber

That minimix has me so worried.

Sounds like a bunch of b/c-tier Settle :/

That's what I thought. There's some great songwriting but my impressions are that it doesn't really SOUND like a Disclosure album, their sound is there but it's not what I'd expect from them. Every song sounds like it's more about the singer than the production, ya know? Like, the Sam Smith song feels like it could be on a Sam Smith album instead of the Disclosure album, the Lorde song feels the same way, etc. I mean I haven't heard every song in full length but we've heard like 5 songs from Caracal and all of them seem to be extremely vocal driven.

I dunno. It feels more like a formal pop album than it does an electronic album where the balance is struck more carefully between vocals and production. But we haven't heard the whole thing, this is just my current impression.

mYm|17|

I checked out Zedd's live feed from his True Colors concert in San Francisco last night and holy crap does he put on a good show.

I wish I could of seen him at Bumbershoot :'(

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was (and still am) a huge fan of Anjunadeep 05 as a great deep house album. Probably one of my most-listened albums. I never got around to listening to Anjunadeep 06 or 07, which apparently was released last week. I was clued into this fact listening to the latest Above & Beyond podcast, which had a guest mix from James Grant and Jody Wisternoff.

Anyway, I decided to listen to Anjunadeep 06 and holy shit. If you like deep house you need to check this out. It's some of the best deep house I've heard in a minute.

Google Play link (somehow I was able to stream this for free through Google Play)

Spotify link

Ashhong

I checked out Zedd's live feed from his True Colors concert in San Francisco last night and holy crap does he put on a good show.

I wish I could of seen him at Bumbershoot :'(

I saw the stream and was not impressed.

Then I saw him live the next day and was blown away :) Was a great show and set by him. Plus Steve Angello came out for a guest performance.

Anybody have a link to a video of his stream?

Aomber

I saw the stream and was not impressed.

Then I saw him live the next day and was blown away :) Was a great show and set by him. Plus Steve Angello came out for a guest performance.

Anybody have a link to a video of his stream?

It keeps getting taken down whenever it gets posted to YT :(

Seriously might be going to his show at MSG, I wasn't originally planning on it due to financial constraints but that might change, think I'm finding out tonight

Ashhong

It keeps getting taken down whenever it gets posted to YT :(

Seriously might be going to his show at MSG, I wasn't originally planning on it due to financial constraints but that might change, think I'm finding out tonight

There's got to be a straight download link out there somewhere

I definitely recommend it. Pretty sure he plays the same sets all around. The vibe was great too, everyone looked like they were having the time of their lives.

edit: found a torrent someone uploaded on /r/zedd of his whole live stream

Top Bottom