• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
beelzebozo said:
this one's for nasim

54cxen9.png

terrible shop, lighting is all off

traveler

Not Wario
beelzebozo said:
are you talking about mine, or the work on the elite
both are pretty suspect

I think he's referring to yours. The Elite isn't too bad (I'm thinking 6.5 out of 10) but yours just screams poor lighting and mediocrity all around. 5.5.

Sapapayo

Nasim is the biggest Sony fanboy EVAR!!!11!!!!1!11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GDC 07 Blog:

GDC 2007 Has Begun!
The Game Developers Conference is underway in San Francisco! Most of the big fun doesn't really start until tomorrow (Wednesday), but we do have some good things in store for you today. Microsoft held some sessions this morning, and from those you can expect the following shortly:

* Mass Effect preview
* Blue Dragon preview
* Age of Conan preview

But the big news for today will be the Future of RPGs panel with Final Fantasy creator and Blue Dragon producer Hironobu Sakaguchi, Fable 2 producer Peter Molyneux, and a few others. This will be going on at 4:30 PM PST today and 1UP will be live blogging it, so make sure you check back here then!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nasim Comment:

BAD start with those poor x360 games showcase!!!
nasim
Posted at Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:36:09 PST

clealrly we are anticipating new info on KILLZONE 2,LAIR, WARHAWK , ratchet and clank and HEAVENLY SWORD.

who wants to play cartoon games like lost odyssey,halo 3, fable 2,mass effect and other subpar x360 titles.

why are they even talking about that mega-flop title like BLUE DRAGON........

bring on CRYTEK, GUERILLA............theres certainly no time to look at cartoon games.

The only way this could be funny is if it was SONY THE PEOPLES MAN WRITING IN ALL CAPS but its not, so stfu Nasim.

What a Sony fanboy.

Norml

TekunoRobby said:
I can't wait for this magazine to get into everyone's hands. Sony fan reactions are hysterical!

This is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is madness.
everything is BS

It is madness,EGM rated Full Auto 2 better.

The meltdowns are funny but I don't get the overreaction of some people outside of GAF. Lair is not even close to Zelda and was developed by Factor 5. They're not exactly EAD.

titiklabingapat said:
The meltdowns are funny but I don't get the overreaction of some people outside of GAF. Lair is not even close to Zelda and was developed by Factor 5. They're not exactly EAD.

Apparently lair got too much hype.

ethelred

titiklabingapat said:

Yeah. Now, if it were Level 5, that'd be more of a fair comparison to EAD.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. That's not really fair to EAD.

Brofist

Wow..meltdowns aplenty. Like it has been mentioned, this was an unproven game. We knew it looked good, but that's it. But then again, I want to see more reviews before deciding.

This topic is like the perfect storm of rejects. We have the defense force that can't accept a bad score, even going so far to deny the source as being fake. (well to be fair, many of these people are at that other board, but their ideas are setting in here a bit)

Then we have the people that are using this as an excuse to come troll and rub it in the face of everyone that was looking forward to Lair. These are the people that are happy when a game for a system other then their system bombs either in sales or in reviews.

Then we have the overreactors (both sides). EGM is a piece of trash, I'm gonna bomb their office etc...

Sharp

If nothing else, this thread has increased my respect for beelzebozo by 500% or more. Also, GAF's new servers have been doing an awesome job!

NolbertoS

Sharp said:
If nothing else, this thread has increased my respect for beelzebozo by 500% or more. Also, GAF's new servers have been doing an awesome job!

I was going to say that too, as GAF's meltdown haven't brought down the server like it usually does with "Internal Error 404" etc.

rakka

NolbertoS said:
I was going to say that too, as GAF's meltdown haven't brought down the server like it usually does with "Internal Error 404" etc.

On my side its slower than ever... timeouts every couple minutes. :(

Wow..meltdowns aplenty. Like it has been mentioned, this was an unproven game. We knew it looked good, but that's it. But then again, I want to see more reviews before deciding.

This topic is like the perfect storm of rejects. We have the defense force that can't accept a bad score, even going so far to deny the source as being fake. (well to be fair, many of these people are at that other board, but their ideas are setting in here a bit)

Then we have the people that are using this as an excuse to come troll and rub it in the face of everyone that was looking forward to Lair. These are the people that are happy when a game for a system other then their system bombs either in sales or in reviews.

Then we have the overreactors (both sides). EGM is a piece of trash, I'm gonna bomb their office etc...
Was a slow weekend so this is a welcome thread.

Sharp said:

/raises eyebrow

For me its been batshit all day, was getting repeated 500 errors earlier, and am still getting "unable to connect" every once in a while.

Edit: Like just now when I tried to post.

NolbertoS

I'm off to bed, and going to check the posts tomorrow, but yeah I just got my 1st 500 for today :( am cry..oh well...keep the posts coming GAF :D

Brofist

rakka said:

On my side its slower than ever... timeouts every couple minutes. :(

Was a slow weekend so this is a welcome thread.

Well yeah no one could accuse this thread of being boring that's for sure. :D

Tobor

I would like to give props to Beelzebozo as well. In one day, he gave a gaffer a funny tag and destroyed the internet.

/stands and applauds

Tideas said:
Time to add more fuel to the fire.

http://www.n4g.com/News-55326.aspx

I played the demo of blue dragon... and let me tell you, what 1.2 said about the environment looking like it could have been done on the PS2 is 100% correct. And from what I can tell, the overall gameplay is even less enjoyable than Final Fantasy. I did only get to spend an hour playing it, hoping it would get better- but it never did.

:lol :lol :lol

beelzebozo said:
september 2007 egm review scores. it's the issue with all the halo 3 info:

lair: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0
crispin says the combat system is confusing, and the sixaxis controls don't always work the way they should. lock-on system is also jacked.
greg ford says the camera is frustrating in ground combat. the wide open levels hold a lot of potential but ultimately don't deliver
garnett says it's a "frustrating disappointment" with a few bright spots

don't know if this has been posted before, but here is a video of some one playing Lair its low quality, but it does give you a hint as to what the reviewers are talking about.

KingJ2002

in all seriousness... egm... to me... give by far some of the worst reviews and i cant believe people still pay for subscriptions. it makes sense that sales are down right now because no one wants to read this garbage... they underrate great games and overrate trash.

rakka

KingJ2002 said:
in all seriousness... egm... to me... give by far some of the worst reviews and i cant believe people still pay for subscriptions. it makes sense that sales are down right now because no one wants to read this garbage... they underrate great games and overrate trash.

So which reviews are you waiting for?

Tobor

KingJ2002 said:

I remember listening to the episode of EGM live where Shoe talked about EGMs strict policy of underrating great games and overrating trash. :lol

Narag

MrTroubleMaker said:
don't know if this has been posted before, but here is a video of some one playing Lair its low quality, but it does give you a hint as to what the reviewers are talking about.

Is that being played on a giant PSP? I'd buy one.

Hey guys, I'm late to the thread! Let's go see what I missed!

THIS IS ALL FAKE AND YOUR SHOOP SUCKS BALLS! BLAH! Blue Dragon will always be great in my mind! How dare you give my games your shitty fake review scores! It's not true! It's not truuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....!!!!!1111

KingJ2002 said:

are you suggesting that they overrated persona 3?!

JzeroT1437 said:
Hey guys, I'm late to the thread! Let's go see what I missed!

THIS IS ALL FAKE AND YOUR SHOOP SUCKS BALLS! BLAH! Blue Dragon will always be great in my mind! How dare you give my games your shitty fake review scores! It's not true! It's not truuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....!!!!!1111

I blame WiiFit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom