• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapapayo

MrTroubleMaker said:
don't know if this has been posted before, but here is a video of some one playing Lair its low quality, but it does give you a hint as to what the reviewers are talking about.

It reminds me this warhawk guy at E3.

Its pretty funny to watch peoples reaction to reviews.
Scenario 1: Game Gets Terrible Review
System X Lover: man i never trusted this magazine they gave my GOTY a 2.0 im never gonna read them again cuz their opinion sux and is wrong

Scenario 2: Game Gets Good Review
System Y Lover: just look at those sharp knees LOL

Sharp said:
Really? You guys are getting 500's? That's funny, I haven't gotten a single one. Clearly I'm higher priority.

Sharp

Subarushian

That must explain it.

Cant wait till you guys go back to your holes after its proven that lair didnt get a 5.5

Oh yeah?! Well how 'bout you go back to your lair, ha! I got you so good.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the best part:

1up's board members, who routinely bitch about their editors posting here, now have to also live with the fact that they have to turn to gaf to get reviews from the magazine run by the people who run their boards

sweet, sweet justice

ari

Banned
i like how not one sony fan is in here, or i never seen them in the npd threads........

soooooony, come out and plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

56888271_20db0af59d_o.jpg

please don't ban me

beelzebozo said:
the best part:

1up's board members, who routinely bitch about their editors posting here, now have to also live with the fact that they have to turn to gaf to get reviews from the magazine run by the people who run their boards

sweet, sweet justice

lol 1up board members... always one step behind everyone.

muckhole

beelzebozo said:
the best part:

sweet, sweet justice

This is better than all the other posts combined.

Tobor

Karma Kramer said:
lol 1up board members... always one step behind everyone.

Could be worse. I met a guy at work who said he gets all his gaming info from G4. He might as well live in a third world country.

KingJ2002

rakka said:
So which reviews are you waiting for?

i dont really wait for reviews anymore... after playing video games since i was s******* in pampers... i just have a knack to look at a game in motion and tell if its for me or if i should pass... im 85% accurate with it... usually off by my enthusiam on classic franchises that turn out new installments that dont live up to the hype (like sonic the hedgehog).

but i look at magazines like egm or at times a site like gamespot... look at their reviews and think to myself of all the people they're reaching, all the people on the fence on the game and pass on it because some fanboy is sitting in his office with a plan to defaecate on the game for whatever reason aside from the games actual merits.

overexaggerate certain points here... and understate other features there that makes the game hot.

whatever... thats the reason why they dont get my money. only thing that interest me with the magazine is the rumor mill and egm rumor threads to pop up all the time here.

Dirtbag

Tobor said:
Could be worse. I met a guy at work who said he gets all his gaming info from G4. He might as well live in a third world country.

at least it's a third world country with lots of cleavage....

Dirtbag

Karma Kramer said:
lol

HAY GUYS HALO 3 TRAILER!

YOU GUYS ENJOYING THIS?

cut

G4 moneyhatted by Sony confirmed.
It was like a practical joke. Who does that?

I still can't imagine who thought that was a good time for a commercial.

jrricky

Banned
What the.....???
I left for over 2 hours and came back and saw this spreading over the intranets......:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
You wouldnt believe how Im dying right now.:lol :lol :lol

Man, the reviews have to be a lie. The whole internets gonna blow up if this is true judging from the spreading of the news.

Man, its like this game is Zelda or something..........:lol :lol :lol :lol

This industry is such a joke....still love it though... if only to point and laugh....

:lol :lol :lol :lol

KingJ2002

WickedLaharl said:
are you suggesting that they overrated persona 3?!

ill admit that my quote is pretty broad as if im stating they're doing it with every game... im not interested in persona 3 but if you feel they gave a solid review after playing the game... fine. Ill give them that with certain games they'll give some accurate views... but their hit and miss ratio for me is rediculous and i just could never bring myself to buy their magazine... im not trying to be mislead or miss out on great games because they felt like giving a bad review

LukeSmith

Subarushian said:
Sharp

Subarushian

That must explain it.

Oh yeah?! Well how 'bout you go back to your lair, ha! I got you so good.

Hmm, the over/under on your account is probably 2 weeks.

Slavik81

jaundicejuice said:
Half the regs that remain on that board post-merger are members here or lurk here. So...yeah.
I honestly don't know why I go back. I've thought about leaving a few times, but I always am drawn back. I try to get out but they keep pulling me back in. -_-;

(Although, the staff and mods seem to be posting more now.)

Brofist

jrricky said:
What the.....???
I left for over 2 hours and came back and saw this spreading over the intranets......:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
You wouldnt believe how Im dying right now.:lol :lol :lol

Man, the reviews have to be a lie. The whole internets gonna blow up if this is true judging from the spreading of the news.

Man, its like this game is Zelda or something..........:lol :lol :lol :lol

This industry is such a joke....still love it though... if only to point and laugh....

:lol :lol :lol :lol

we get it, Lair is no Zelda. ffs shut up and go play some Wii already and stop overusing the damn lol emote

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
over there i'm a junior member and can't start threads, anyway. and if i could, being a junior member, i'd inevitably be incoherent and talk about how reviews of gundam games are essentially meaningless. also twilight princess has no soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom