• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
beelzebozo said:
over there i'm a junior member and can't start threads, anyway. and if i could, being a junior member, i'd inevitably be incoherent and talk about how reviews of gundam games are essentially meaningless. also twilight princess has no soul
It goes quick though, you'll be asking us if games are art before you know it.

Tobor

Karma Kramer said:
wow Lair got a 5 score?

Haha, you actually did it, you crazy bastard.

I'm going to sleep. When I wake up, I expect the overthrow of a small South American Country Karma Kramer.

unomas

Banned
I played Blue Dragon and thought it was boring, granted I'm not a big JRPG fan but still. And since when do review scores affect game sales? Mario Party anyone?

pilonv1 said:
What a horrible board layout. No wonder their own editors don't post there.
Actually, they layed it out that way to make it feel more like GAF. And get the whole community to post there (horrid idea IMO).

college_boy said:
ahahahaha.

That was you?

Seriously, don't try this shit on the 1up boards we already locked the original score thread and banned a handful of people as a result of it.

Well I don't even post over there anymore. So I don't really care about getting banned. But I won't do it anymore. Looks like the mods have the place on lockdown.

college_boy said:
Actually, they layed it out that way to make it feel more like GAF. And get the whole community to post there (horrid idea IMO).

get rid of the huge ass avatars and the ****ing lame ass sigs and you'll be alright.

Sho Nuff

Banned
They're always talking about the boards on the 1up Yours show and I was like "Hmm maybe I should post there," but then after one visit I was like "HMMM MAYBE NOT"

WickedLaharl said:
get rid of the huge ass avatars and the ****ing lame ass sigs and you'll be alright.
I am not sure about avatars but they used to be much smaller and much MUCH worse quality then they were now. Personally, I like the big avatars. To each his own I suppose.

As for sigs, yeah, a lot of them suck. You can turn them off though.

Solar

Seiken said:
DQeJxYlDD.jpg

Anyone mentioned how Golden Nugget 64 scores higher than Lair?

/cry
Numbers don't mean anything. *repeats to himself while rocking back and forth*

Wollan

Sho Nuff said:
They're always talking about the boards on the 1up Yours show and I was like "Hmm maybe I should post there," but then after one visit I was like "HMMM MAYBE NOT"

I like their board references: 'the thread was a shit storm for 20 pages and then user x turn up and then it all turned to a thought provoking discussion'.

SantaC

Sho Nuff said:

dude 1up editors rarely post on their own board which should indicate how bad it is

SantaC said:
dude 1up editors rarely post on their own board which should indicate how bad it is

You'll be surprised how much they have improved over the recent weeks. The EGM live podcast covered this subject somewhat but really the complaints about editor posting was an illogical side effect of the board merger for people to cope with "I have to talk with these morons now?"

Editors are busy so of course they don't have time to post on message boards. Even here they don't post often. Does that mean your board sucks. Of course not, they have deadlines to meet and are busy and I imagine when they get home their first instinct is either to play games they have to review or rest and not argue with people on a message board.

egmfan89

jaundicejuice said:
Half the regs that remain on that board post-merger are members here or lurk here. So...yeah.

So this is where you've been. At least come back to NGR at some point. Also, what's with the 1up hate? Yeah, there are a lot of dumbasses there. But a lot of the old EGM general/NGR people don't deserve to be clumped into that same category, we're not all complete ****ing idiots over there.

Lair is definitely not a surprise, there hasn't been much positivite about the title as people have been getting to grips with the finished product and its not like the preview codes held much promise either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom