• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron |OT| You sure that’s enough armor?

schlew

Lostconfused said:
Tell me which one I should pre-order it for. PS3 or 360?

Nick Rox from Warning a Huge Podcast told me over Twitter that thr 360 version overs better effects and image quality, while the PS3 version has a higher framerate. He owns both Japanese versions, so he's a pretty great source.

schlew said:
Nick Rox from Warning a Huge Podcast told me over Twitter that thr 360 version overs better effects and image quality, while the PS3 version has a higher framerate.
I'm not sure which I value more, honestly.

a Master Ninja said:
I'm not sure which I value more, honestly.
In a perfect world, where there is a decent PC version, it would be nice to have both. Otherwise it depends on the game.

Edit: Anywho put in an order for 360 version on amazon.ca

Y2Kev said:
This just got delayed I think. My amazon order changed to August 16.
Gamestop bumped their release date as well. Always thought it was kind of silly releasing this at the same time as Catherine. Now its comming out the same day is no more heroes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, changed to 8/16 on gamefly for me. Honestly kinda glad, didn't want to balance it with Catherine.

Yuterald

Ugh...mid August now? =(

I actually wanted to play this more than Catherine. It would have been more exciting to get both on the same day. Oh well.

SkylineRKR

Mid August is also Arcana Heart 3 disc release for Europe... hmm. Its a good month for niche gaming though, Catherine, this and Arcana. Happy panda.

Phenomic

SkylineRKR said:
Mid August is also Arcana Heart 3 disc release for Europe... hmm. Its a good month for niche gaming though, Catherine, this and Arcana. Happy panda.

Same as Xenoblade, kinda makes me sad actually because I have to import that and spend more money on it. I'm less inclined now to spend money on El Shaddai. Even though I love the demo and art style and will totally pick it up anyway.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I just got an e-mail from my Amazon pre-order saying that it's been delayed in North America from July 26th to August 16th. That's a huge :( for me as I am on vacation right now and I finally have time to play games. Was really looking forward to playing it. I hope Amazon is mistaken...

I guess we'll hear official word tomorrow?

Edit: I am very late, heh. Sorry. I canceled my pre-order of Catherine after the demo and a couple of reviews so this was going to be my new game. I guess Bastion will have to carry me over along with my backlog.

Just read this a moment ago...

Ignition Entertainment's New Business Development Director Shane Bettenhausen confirmed the shift in date from July 26 to August 16 in a statement to Joystiq, citing "unforeseen logistical issues".

Oh well, it's just a few week delay, nothing too nasty.

wwm0nkey

Apparently at comic-con they where giving away free copies of this game. My sister grabbed me a PS3 version that was signed.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So guys, is this a AAA title? Its out in Japan, any English speaking folk have impressions of it? Visuals look crazy awesome but im curious if its actually a great game or not.

~Kinggi~ said:
So guys, is this a AAA title? Its out in Japan, any English speaking folk have impressions of it? Visuals look crazy awesome but im curious if its actually a great game or not.

Eurogamer did an import review a couple of months back or so and gave it a 9. Don't know if that means anything to you, but it's enough to make me want the game day one. Especially with that Blade Runner level included, ooooooooooooooooooooh.

*goes weak at the knees*

What type of game is this? when I saw the name Ignition and then saw some 2d levels I immediatley thought of Muramasa (I know Muramasa was made by Vanilla)

wwm0nkey

23hr24h.jpg

Shall give impressions soon :)

SOME-MIST

awww man! I'm so jealous. It makes the 3 week wait feel even more unbearable knowing that people are already playing it!

wwm0nkey

SOME-MIST said:
awww man! I'm so jealous. It makes the 3 week wait feel even more unbearable knowing that people are already playing it!
Well they only gave out 4 copies so besides me only 3 others are playing it :D

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I liked the demo but felt it needed a dodge button (if there was one I missed it). At times when fighting the two enemy angels or whatever they are, I could see one doing a charge attack so I'd start hitting X to jump, but if you're in the middle of an attack animation it seems like a good 1 second delay before it will accept another controller input. All in all it was good....sometimes hard to tell where you're jumping at times.

schlew said:
Nick Rox from Warning a Huge Podcast told me over Twitter that thr 360 version overs better effects and image quality, while the PS3 version has a higher framerate. He owns both Japanese versions, so he's a pretty great source.

After Bayonetta, I always default to 360 in the case of tough choices. ;p

wwm0nkey

Ok sorry guys for the delay in impressions my PS3 was acting weird but I will say these things

-Story is some times hard to follow
-Art is absolutely amazing, haven't seen anything like it in awhile.
-Game play is pretty enjoyable, pretty DMC like.

So far its all pretty good.

Zeal

Banned
Just wanted to say I have the jpn ps3 version and this game is an artistic masterpiece. The story, art, music and combat are all amazing. Peordered the US 360 version.

You will thank yourself for not missing this game.

Just played the demo on the EU Store. Not too ecstatic about the combat, but everything else is mind-blowing. The visuals, the soundtrack, the platforming...the visuals! I pre-ordered the U.S. version a few days ago and it's my first import for the PS3; there's no way I'm waiting for the September date in the UK now.

Feindflug

Played the PAL 360 demo yesterday and I have to say that the frame-rate is higher than the Japanese demo and maybe they added some particles effects...I'll have to check the Japanese demo again to see if the differences are truly there but I'm pretty sure about the improved frame-rate.

Either way the game looks amazing and it's day one purchase for me. :)

.la1n

Well the demo was fun and they still have Dragon's Crown and it has already won because it has half nude characters I can fight as in an old school brawler setting. This will be interesting. PS3 version for me, I doubt it's going to matter much.

the chris

Is there any impressions on the length of the game, I can only buy one game this month and want to know if I should get this or Deus Ex.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Finally got around to trying the demo out last week. Turned me off completely and I've since cancelled my preorder. The combat and platforming seem incredibly shallow and unsatisfying. I'll revisit this once it hits $10. Or not at all.

desu

the chris said:
Is there any impressions on the length of the game, I can only buy one game this month and want to know if I should get this or Deus Ex.

Something between 8-15h depending on difficulty and your skill.

Jintor

Wrapped my review a few days ago, you guys want impressions? I didn't sign anything so I'm fairly certain I'm not embargo'd.

Top Bottom